PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Manila in March

DaveW
21st January 2013, 20:44
Going back to Phils in March. Prices are around £620 return to Manila with the likes of Singapore and Cathay.
Can get £540 with kuwait but dont really like the idea of going with them. Can you drink on the plane with Kuwait? As i know some arab airlines are "dry".

Ako Si Jamie
21st January 2013, 20:58
Not sure but probably dry. Travelling with Kuwait mid-Feb for the first time due to Cathay's fares being too pricey (£700+) when I booked in November.

£620 isn't a bad price though.

marlyn&kenny
24th January 2013, 01:03
hey, where did you get the price £540 with kuwait please? we are planning to go back in May if we manage financially huhuhu thanks xxx

Going back to Phils in March. Prices are around £620 return to Manila with the likes of Singapore and Cathay.
Can get £540 with kuwait but dont really like the idea of going with them. Can you drink on the plane with Kuwait? As i know some arab airlines are "dry".

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 01:30
hey, where did you get the price £540 with kuwait please? we are planning to go back in May if we manage financially huhuhu thanks xxxI booked 3 months ahead for a flight with Kuwait going in Feb. Cost £526 although I could have got it for £508 if I had booked it a day earlier.

http://www.travelup.co.uk/Package.aspx

vernier caliper
24th January 2013, 01:42
where did you get the price £540 with kuwait please? we are planning to go back in May if we manage financially

hi marlyn&kenny. try searching at skyscanner. Prices in May for Royal Brunie is £500, Air China is £510 and Kuwait Air is £580.
http://www.skyscanner.net/?gclid=CM2Pw8rh_7QCFU3HtAodcywAVA

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 01:55
I wouldn't go with Brunei unless you fancy a 30 hour plus journey each way! :xxparty-smiley-004:

vernier caliper
24th January 2013, 03:10
unless you fancy a 30 hour plus journey each way!

It's a good deal if someone has tight budget and traveling as couple. Also, the long connecting flight is favorable if the couple wish to have a day tour in Brunie. Remember, British and Filipina couples are visa free.

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 21:12
It's a good deal if someone has tight budget and traveling as couple. Also, the long connecting flight is favorable if the couple wish to have a day tour in Brunie. Remember, British and Filipina couples are visa free.But you've got the two journeys so would you really want to see Brunei twice? Plus all that time spent there would eat up a day which could be spent in the Phils.

Personally, I'd only do that route as a last resort. :smile:

I didn't know it was visa free though!

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 21:50
Another potential option I've just spotted is to go via Xiamen in China. Cebu Pacific are doing a promo in March from Xiamen to Manila one way for 88 pesos plus taxes & baggage. Although the offer expired a few days ago it will run until the last seat is sold. You might get lucky.

Flights to Xiamen from Heathrow seem to be around £480-490.

Had a look for different dates in March for flights direct to Manila from Heathrow and I haven't seen any for less than £600.

angellegwen
24th January 2013, 22:48
kuwait airways are the worst airline on the planet - old aircraft, poorly maintained, no investment in the seats or entertainment system (assuming nothings changed since i flew with them 2 years ago) - however, take a look at crystal travel - you can get a flight with royal brunei (who are a cracking good airline) for £511 in march - the 30 hour trip, or £526 for the 20 hour version

i flew with them once and can't recall if they are dry, but the owners being muslim, i expect they are.

can't recommend crystal travel highly enough - honest easy to deal with and very cheap :smile:

stu (for gwen)

DaveW
26th January 2013, 18:46
Thanks all. Had a look last night and it seems the prices have jumped up since mid week. Singapore is now 650 , Royal Brunei is the cheapest but dont like the 30 hour journey. Eitihad is next with 619 then China southern 647, then Singapore 650. Really does change fast. Way too expensive for a couple.

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 21:59
Thanks all. Had a look last night and it seems the prices have jumped up since mid week. Singapore is now 650 , Royal Brunei is the cheapest but dont like the 30 hour journey. Eitihad is next with 619 then China southern 647, then Singapore 650. Really does change fast. Way too expensive for a couple.If you book two months or under before your departure day I find that the best fares are already snapped up.

Best to start looking 3 to 4 months ahead if possible.

Terpe
26th January 2013, 22:20
.......Singapore is now 650 , Royal Brunei is the cheapest but dont like the 30 hour journey. Eitihad is next with 619 then China southern 647, then Singapore 650. Really does change fast...........

Just my opinion, but those folks looking for 'good fares' need to check every day.
Also you need to rationalise in your own mind what is a good fare.
Sometimes the cheapest is not always based on what you consider a good or best fare.
Think about baggage allowances, flight changes, transfer times, flight times, confort and service.
Absolute price may mean total travel times that equate to 20 or 30 hours.
Please think carefully about your criteria.

Very cheap flight can be found, if that what you really want

As for us that's not our criteria.
Same for hotels too.
I've stayed in a £5 per night hotel and I actually prefer the £10 per night hotel :biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 22:49
Good advice Terpe.

I tend to weigh it up too. Four factors - price & duration comes first then airline & airports.

For me the holiday is more important than the flight, so long as I got there safely and within 24 hrs and on time.

Saving on flights could mean better hotels or more day trips. :xxgrinning--00xx3: