PDA

View Full Version : my new dehumidifier

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:57
wow, is it just luck or do they work very well, just a little bead of condensation on the bottom of the bedroom window, none in the bathroom and just a little down stairs, a big big differance, but its the first time so i will monitor it, but so far so good,

lovejoy
19th January 2013, 18:42
What dehumidifier did you purchase please. We suffer from bad condensation too.

stevie c
19th January 2013, 18:46
They are brilliant Steve I have three one in the bedroom one in bathroom & one in conservatory I wouldn't be without them

Moy
19th January 2013, 20:05
how much are those we got same probs too

sheriel
19th January 2013, 22:12
Argos Catalogue from £60 to £150 a big choice,MOY, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th January 2013, 11:31
What dehumidifier did you purchase please. We suffer from bad condensation too.

its a AMCOR 18E and i shopped around for ages tryingto get the best for me, the cost for something like it at BQ was £163 but i paid £109 from appliance direct, it looks good ans works fantastic, i should have brought one sooner,but we live and learn

stevewool
20th January 2013, 11:32
Argos Catalogue from £60 to £150 a big choice,MOY, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

do not get a cheap one, they will not work unless its for just 1 small room

stevewool
20th January 2013, 11:35
the one we brought has a humidity setting so that helps with the cost and how much you want it to work set that setting and it will come on when the levels get high or low,i am very pleased with it and you know my middle name is kuripot so if i am happy it must be good

stevewool
20th January 2013, 11:37
forgot to mention this amcor will do a 3/4 bedroom house, ours is left on the landing with all doors open and next morning just a faint line at the bottom of the windows of condensation on the windows in all rooms, again i am very happy with it

lovejoy
20th January 2013, 11:48
Thanks Steve will take a look at that one.

John.C
23rd January 2013, 18:52
Delonghi DEM 10 is good (and cheap). It is as good at extracting moisture as my "posh" Ebac dehumidifier, cheaper to run, AND the filter in the Delonghi can be washed under the tap - or given a quick hoover.
Much better than the Ebac nonsense of buying a new filter every 3 months

DaveW
23rd January 2013, 21:43
I just open my back door in the mornings and watch the steam rush out. If i didn't, water would be running down the walls.
Freezing cold though, so a de-humidifyer would be good