PDA

View Full Version : i have a friend

stevewool
10th January 2013, 20:31
well a work colleague not a friend,anyway hes been dating a lady from the phils, she is here working as a home help come nanny i think the family she works for brought here with them from hong kong, the thing is she is married but not seen her husband for well over 13 years he walked out aand left her with a son, the son is at uni over in the phils, he wants to marry her so what is the best way, he is not short of a few bob too,

Terpe
11th January 2013, 00:03
In short she needs to be free to marry. For the optimum all round outcome that means Philippine annulment.

It's quite an issue really.

What's her immigration status?

She could instigate divorce here in UK based on 5 years apart, (living apart for more than 5 years is usually enough to get a divorce, even if your husband or wife disagrees with the divorce.) but since she is a Philippine national and also the fact that she would be the divorce petitioner it could never be a legal / recognised divorce in Philippines.
(unless she can secure British Citizenship first)
Legally/Technically if they were to set foot in the Philippines it would be a case of bigamy at best. That's a serious criminal offence.

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 00:15
possible unmarried partner visa if they been living together for 2yrs+
are they living together now?
would need to check that it wouldn't cause problems with her current visa.

stevewool
11th January 2013, 07:44
not to sure of the immigration status, and they are not living together here, its all a little vague to me at this time, she came with the family from hong kong as the helper/ nanny lives in a big house and they have her passport so sounds like slave labour sort of thing but i dont know, all hes told me is the man who employs her is british the wife is italian and the kids are adopted fillipinos, sounds like a right mix