PDA

View Full Version : Zumba class

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 19:59
I was just wondring how many wives/ladies/fiancee/gf/partner here join Zumba class? Or does anybody here joined Zumba classes before?

I am due to joining a class in our village tomorrow and I am very excited to start swinging my hips around. :icon_lol: I have gained nearly a stone after Christmas and New Year so I was planning to lose some a bit and hoping to aim 10 stone or below that. I also do exercises, mainly household chores and now I do a 30-45 minute walk every afternoon. I also jump into our house gym bike for couple of minutes and play with my exercise and balance board. I have cut down on sweets and fissy drinks as well as cake and junk foods and switched to salad, veggie type of foods.

What more can you suggest for me to do to be able to obtain a healthy living? And lose more weight?

Also, if someone here join Zumba near or around Lincoln then maybe we can go together? Fancy that? :Jump::Wave:

cessxy
10th January 2013, 21:08
I used to do Zumba for 2 weeks then get lazy to attend the class :). I will do it again maybe next month:icon_lol:. You need to attend at least 3 times a week if you want to loose some weight and of course a proper diet :) goodluck :Hellooo:

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 21:15
I used to do Zumba for 2 weeks then get lazy to attend the class :). I will do it again maybe next month:icon_lol:. You need to attend at least 3 times a week if you want to loose some wait and of course a proper diet :) goodluck :Hellooo:

I heard its fun! I am going to do once a week as its quite dear but lets see. hehehe

I would love to do it with you! Anyway, get back to the floor and start groovin'! xxx

Michael Parnham
10th January 2013, 21:24
You need to walk every day approx 7 to 10 miles then after a year, providing you dont eat any junk food you should get down to about 8 stone and you will feel great!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th January 2013, 21:38
my em does the zumba in the front room , it gets me all sweaty just by looking at her shake here booty:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:44
You need to walk every day approx 7 to 10 miles then after a year, providing you dont eat any junk food you should get down to about 8 stone and you will feel great!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you got to be joking me! 10 miles? its like from saxilby to lincoln vise versa. blimey! by the time i reach home ill be dead then! :icon_lol:

yes mike, im cutting down on junk foods and switching to fruits as veggies. its quite hard at first but im starting to get used to it.

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:45
my em does the zumba in the front room , it gets me all sweaty just by looking at her shake here booty:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: i wonder whats ems reaction seeing you perspiring that much? :Erm:

stevewool
11th January 2013, 07:46
:icon_lol::icon_lol: i wonder whats ems reaction seeing you perspiring that much? :Erm:

she just shakes and shakes even more:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 11:31
Zumba classes, the latest money-making fad.

A pushbike and a few weights at home, plus a more sensible diet, and everyone can be slimmer and have money in their pocket....rather than in the pockets of gym and Zumba class 'instructors'. :smile:

Ok, call me a miserable bugger. :biggrin:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 11:41
Zumba classes, the latest money-making fad.

A pushbike and a few weights at home, plus a more sensible diet, and everyone can be slimmer and have money in their pocket....rather than in the pockets of gym and Zumba class 'instructors'. :smile:

Ok, call me a miserable bugger. :biggrin:

no, ur not. youve got a point graham. to join a class is 4 quid and if you going to buy 10 punch cards valid for 3 months is 35 quid. it is a lot of money. might as well, stick to my zumba session with wii. the only thing about joining this is for me to meet new people and possibly make friends. that would be nice! hehehehe

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 12:11
Yes, I can understand the social side of it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wouldn't suit unsociable bar stewards like me of course. :cwm25:

Have you thought about taking some night school classes at your local college or school ?
Some of them are pretty cheap, can be just vocational, and you get to meet other people there. :smile:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 12:41
Yes, I can understand the social side of it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wouldn't suit unsociable bar stewards like me of course. :cwm25:

Have you thought about taking some night school classes at your local college or school ?
Some of them are pretty cheap, can be just vocational, and you get to meet other people there. :smile:

I have thought of it as well as getting a uk driving license but I havent researched yet if I am allowed to do them while Im waiting for my BRP, Grahame. Would be lovely if you can direct me to the right way by advising or giving me a link?

I mean I am already busy, havent been bored since I arrived, I just want to meet local people and have local friends as well. :smile:

raynaputi
11th January 2013, 12:56
I have thought of it as well as getting a uk driving license but I havent researched yet if I am allowed to do them while Im waiting for my BRP, Grahame. Would be lovely if you can direct me to the right way by advising or giving me a link?

I mean I am already busy, havent been bored since I arrived, I just want to meet local people and have local friends as well. :smile:

Novie, you need your passport and/or BRP card to get a provisionary driving license..so you have to wait for the result of your FLR(M)..

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 12:58
I think you just have to be a local resident in that council area to do further education classes....especially the vocational ones. Probably only the means-tested ones where people are on benefits (to get reduced price or free fees) where they will ask awkward questions.

Most of these things are advertised at your local library, with prospectus etc.
Most start in September, but not all.
In fact your local public library is a good place to find out what is going on in your area. :)

The driving...well I see Rayna has answered your question. :)

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 13:18
Novie, you need your passport and/or BRP card to get a provisionary driving license..so you have to wait for the result of your FLR(M)..

Yeah, I had a single thought of that since I havent got any proofs of identity. I will have to see and research maybe for more info about studying and all. Anyway, might not be my time yet but surely will get cracking when all starts to get settled. Thanks Rayna and Graham.

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 22:24
Zumba class

It is free in youtube:biggrin: