PDA

View Full Version : Uk mums how do you cope?

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 12:45
Hi Mums in the UK. How you coping up for being a Mummy in the UK? How do you kill your time or managing your time? We all know that it is different in the PH. Any input? We could learn from each other and for Mums to be to have an idea.....:smile: what say you?

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 14:41
I dont see much difference to the PI when it comes to be a MUMMY apart from there are loads of helping hand around ready to rescue so we can have a little rest but at the end of the day the welfare and safetyness of the kids will be down still to the parents specially MUMMY who is normally the incharge.

I also think it will be simplier and easier as things and baby stuffs here in the UK are more advance than in the Philippines. You just got to manage your time wisely and for sure, hubbys are on standy to recue as well. :smile:

grahamw48
10th January 2013, 15:03
I think a lot of it depends upon the level of help and support from the father. :smile:

imagine
10th January 2013, 16:27
being a single dad to 3 girls from my age then at 32 onwards,i got a taste of what its like to be a mum, your life as a mum revolves around your children, and you have to cope whatever the circumstances, dont ask my how ,, you just do,no time to be sick, no time of your own , your kids come 1st always,
i dont say i fully experienced the mum side of things, but it went a long way to understanding what its like to be a mum,
you mums out there are heroes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 17:43
I dont see much difference to the PI when it comes to be a MUMMY apart from there are loads of helping hand around ready to rescue so we can have a little rest but at the end of the day the welfare and safetyness of the kids will be down still to the parents specially MUMMY who is normally the incharge.

I also think it will be simplier and easier as things and baby stuffs here in the UK are more advance than in the Philippines. You just got to manage your time wisely and for sure, hubbys are on standy to recue as well. :smile:

Exactly that is the different. Having your close relatives around you is a very big help to mums... in my experienced, mums in the philippines is
easier. They have the mums of the mums, aunts, uncles, nieces, sisters, brothers and nephews, and so on and so forth(very long if we name them all...hehe) to relieve you for awhile and you can just run around and past the baby to them.

Technologies wont help you emotionally, physically, and mentally and moral support.

Ms. Melovesengland are you a mum? Tell me you wont find it difficult when you have one and you not being around your relatives when the time comes.

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 17:47
I think a lot of it depends upon the level of help and support of the father. :smile:

Indeed. Without my husband very full on support? I dont know if i could cope up. I am used of my relatives helping around.

I do salute the Dads that take part. They are incredible!

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 17:50
being a single dad to 3 girls from my age then at 32 onwards,i got a taste of what its like to be a mum, your life as a mum revolves around your children, and you have to cope whatever the circumstances, dont ask my how ,, you just do,no time to be sick, no time of your own , your kids come 1st always,
i dont say i fully experienced the mum side of things, but it went a long way to understanding what its like to be a mum,
you mums out there are heroes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DAD's are a hero too... Especially when they are full on! I should have said MUMs and Dads.

I should get some advice from you:smile:....

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 18:25
Exactly that is the different. Having your close relatives around you is a very big help to mums... in my experienced, mums in the philippines is
easier. They have the mums of the mums, aunts, uncles, nieces, sisters, brothers and nephews, and so on and so forth(very long if we name them all...hehe) to relieve you for awhile and you can just run around and past the baby to them.

Technologies wont help you emotionally, physically, and mentally and moral support.

Ms. Melovesengland are you a mum? Tell me you wont find it difficult when you have one and you not being around your relatives when the time comes.

Like IMAGINE said, whatever your circumstances are you have got to GET ON WITH IT. When you have KIDS, there will be no ME TIME anymore because you already have a responsibility. Being a parent is a CHOICE, if you dont want to be emotionally, physically and mentally UNSTABLE then dont have kids. SIMPLE.

BTW, I was a SINGLE MOTHER of 1 before and I COPED. :)

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 18:46
Like IMAGINE said, whatever your circumstances are you have got to GET ON WITH IT. When you have KIDS, there will be no ME TIME anymore because you already have a responsibility. Being a parent is a CHOICE, if you dont want to be emotionally, physically and mentally UNSTABLE then dont have kids. SIMPLE.

BTW, I was a SINGLE MOTHER of 1 before and I COPED. :)

I salute you then! but for sure you didnt have your baby here in the UK??

I do agree on what Mr. Imagine had said. And for your information i am mentally, emotionally, and physically stable. And very happy with my life.

Thought this forum is to gain friends not to offend people??

I posted this thing just to have chat with other mums like me that have the baby in here in the UK and have a laugh with them not to be offended by you.

By the way GREENWICH has all the things to offer for Mums and Dads and baby's! Even the well known greenwich maritime museum had activities for mums and babys.... and so we are lucky where we are and we dnt get bored because u have alot of things to do in a day.

Was just trying to have a conversation with mums and dads that are very kind to share what is their experience not to boast.

thanks anyway!!!

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 18:59
I salute you then! but for sure you didnt have your baby here in the UK??

I do agree on what Mr. Imagine had said. And for your information i am mentally, emotionally, and physically stable. And very happy with my life.

Thought this forum is to gain friends not to offend people??

I posted this thing just to have chat with other mums like me that have the baby in here in the UK and have a laugh with them not to be offended by you.

By the way GREENWICH has all the things to offer for Mums and Dads and baby's! Even the well known greenwich maritime museum had activities for mums and babys.... and so we are lucky where we are and we dnt get bored because u have alot of things to do in a day.

Was just trying to have a conversation with mums and dads that are very kind to share what is their experience not to boast.

thanks anyway!!!

oopps..:doh

I aint arguing, I am just giving my own thoughts. I didnt say your unstable, I am just giving a fact and sharing my own outlook, I aint boasting. My comments dont intend to offend people, its how you picked it up. If I done what I have done before to my daughter without the help of any, then for sure I will do it again in future, whether I am in the UK or in the PI.

You have got to accept the fact that some things wont go the way you wanted them to be and YOU GOT TO GET ON WITH IT. Family are family but sometimes you got to stand on your own feet for independence.

milesaway1113
10th January 2013, 23:02
oopps..:doh

I aint arguing, I am just giving my own thoughts. I didnt say your unstable, I am just giving a fact and sharing my own outlook, I aint boasting. My comments dont intend to offend people, its how you picked it up. If I done what I have done before to my daughter without the help of any, then for sure I will do it again in future, whether I am in the UK or in the PI.

You have got to accept the fact that some things wont go the way you wanted them to be and YOU GOT TO GET ON WITH IT. Family are family but sometimes you got to stand on your own feet for independence.
There is no point of dicussing this things with you because we dnt have anything in common. I gave birth in here in the UK. You gave birth in the PH. My son is with me now and we are raising him and looking after him now. Your daughter probably in the PH and is being look after by someone else.. :)

joebloggs
10th January 2013, 23:19
:yikes: come on ladies no :poke: , should be :hugx:

whether your kids are born here or in the phils, or are living in the UK or Phils you have to work out how they are cared for..

my wife is working 4pm to 2am, means i have to pick them up from the child minder after work, 'cook' their tea, run their bath, get them to bed, my misses will get up after a few hours sleep and take them to school, and then go back to :NEW5:

its very hard for us as we have no family or friends what we can leave the kids with us :NoNo:

we've survived 8yrs living like this, what else can you do but carry on :smile:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:18
There is no point of dicussing this things with you because we dnt have anything in common. I gave birth in here in the UK. You gave birth in the PH. My son is with me now and we are raising him and looking after him now. Your daughter probably in the PH and is being look after by someone else.. :)

I aint discussing things with you. I was just pointing the facts that u need to consider. This is a forum and you need to understand that we are all different when it comes to opinion but facts will remain as facts.

If you dont accept opinions and be open minded then dont start a thread then.

Told her Sir Joe that I aint arguing. She must have misunderstood things. :crazy: :icon_lol:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:23
:yikes: come on ladies no :poke: , should be :hugx:

whether your kids are born here or in the phils, or are living in the UK or Phils you have to work out how they are cared for..

my wife is working 4pm to 2am, means i have to pick them up from the child minder after work, 'cook' their tea, run their bath, get them to bed, my misses will get up after a few hours sleep and take them to school, and then go back to :NEW5:

its very hard for us as we have no family or friends what we can leave the kids with us :NoNo:

we've survived 8yrs living like this, what else can you do but carry on :smile:

keep calm and carry on like what they said. thats the secret. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 00:26
Told her Sir Joe that I aint arguing. She must have misunderstood things.

that can easily happen on a forum, so no offense meant so don't be offended milesaway1113 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

peace ladies, we need to keep all the filipina's and more on here :icon_sorry::heartshape1:

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 00:27
keep calm and carry on like what they said. thats the secret. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

keep calm :yikes: its 11:30 and little joe is still up :yikes: he wants ice cream

misses will kill me :cwm3:

bed time for him :biggrin:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:32
keep calm :yikes: its 11:30 and little joe is still up :yikes: he wants ice cream

misses will kill me :cwm3:

bed time for him :biggrin:

no intentions to offend at all. why would i do that? :wink:

blimey! hes a bit late for an ice cream? too cold for it as well. nite2x baby joe! :NEW5::NEW5:

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 00:34
he will fall asleep at skool :NoNo:

hes just turned 6 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:37
he will fall asleep at skool :NoNo:

hes just turned 6 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ohhh, belated happy birthday to him then. im sure he'll be tired tom if he wont go back to sleep. :smile:

imagine
11th January 2013, 00:41
its easy to misunderstand another persons txt, i read it as in general, not aimed at anyone in particular, sometimes by reading over again, can reveal whats really meant,

we all have different opinions, and sometimes comunicating here in txt can be difficult to be understood what our meaning really is,
its not worth falling out over a misunderstanding, please remain forum friends, you all are valuable:heartshape1:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 00:48
its easy to misunderstand another persons txt, i read it as in general, not aimed at anyone in particular, sometimes by reading over again, can reveal whats realy meant,

we all have different opinions, and sometimes comunicating here in txt can be difficult to be understood what our meaning realy is,
its not worth falling out over a misunderstanding, please remain forum friends, you all are valuable:heartshape1:

strongly agree on that. been here for a year now and i have never ever encountered or offended someone. not me type, babe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
11th January 2013, 00:50
Motherhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNVde5HPhYo

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 19:55
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hi Mums in the UK. How you coping up for being a Mummy in the UK? How do you kill your time or managing your time? We all know that it is different in the PH. Any input? We could learn from each other and for Mums to be to have an idea.....:smile: what say you?

We women are gifted with the ability to multi task , but never forget to involve the dad of your kids so you can have time for yourself as well...the difference of a child that has grown up here is that they are more independent and as they grow the attitude grows BIG as well(am sure you can manage that with the help of your partner)..good luck with the parenthood:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 20:02
When you have KIDS, there will be no ME TIME anymore because you already have a responsibility.

I dont agree that Mums shouldnt have time for themselves anymore:cwm25:
how can you look after your partner and kids if you dont look after yourself:Erm:

Moy
11th January 2013, 20:20
calm down ladies:biggrin: i know how it feels few kids on my own its all priceless to be a mum if you ask me:xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

joebloggs
11th January 2013, 20:51
calm down ladies:biggrin: i know how it feels few kids on my own its all priceless to be a mum if you ask me:xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

and a dad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
11th January 2013, 21:21
and a dad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

absolutely Joe:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3: i think we should meet:action-smiley-081::Cuckoo::olddude:

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 21:28
Yes, you need a dad to keep the little darlings busy :biggrin:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/13/negs019.jpg

Moy
11th January 2013, 21:45
:Cuckoo::xxaction-smiley-047

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 22:26
I dont agree that Mums shouldnt have time for themselves anymore:cwm25:
how can you look after your partner and kids if you dont look after yourself:Erm:

ohh yeah youve got point there sars. I wasnt thinking about that as i didnt have any husband to look after to, ive only got me daughter cos im a singlemum. would be nice to have a me time as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 22:38
ohh yeah youve got point there sars. I wasnt thinking about that as i didnt have any husband to look after to, ive only got me daughter cos im a singlemum. would be nice to have a me time as well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks.
I've read some of your thread it seems your married :doh...oh but anyway, single mum or not or with partner /married etc ... you have to look after yourself before you can look after people ...cant be a ''losyang'' if you know what i mean??

marksroomspain
11th January 2013, 22:45
Dont know about mums to be but as a dad to be in 3 weeks time OMG :yikes: the expense :ReadIt: but would not change it for the world even first time daddy at 42 but my Mrs is still young lol so parent hood here we come:laundry::caddy::ironing:

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 22:51
Dont know about mums to be but as a dad to be in 3 weeks time OMG :yikes: the expense :ReadIt: but would not change it for the world even first time daddy at 42

you'll be fine!!...have you practiced changing nappies yet???:biggrin:

Moy
11th January 2013, 22:51
prepare for the big day and congratulation marksroompain :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
11th January 2013, 22:52
you'll be fine!!...have you practiced changing nappies yet???:biggrin:

or waking on the middle of the night :cwm3::wink:for few months or so feeding the baby:wink:

sars_notd_virus
11th January 2013, 22:57
or waking on the middle of the night :cwm3::wink:for few months or so feeding the baby:wink:

lets not scare him Moy:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
11th January 2013, 23:04
thanks.
I've read some of your thread it seems your married :doh...oh but anyway, single mum or not or with partner /married etc ... you have to look after yourself before you can look after people ...cant be a ''losyang'' if you know what i mean??

I was a singlemum but got married with an englishman last year. ohh yes, i agree on that. you cant look after someone if you yourself isnt fit enough. :smile:

grahamw48
11th January 2013, 23:39
Dont know about mums to be but as a dad to be in 3 weeks time OMG :yikes: the expense :ReadIt: but would not change it for the world even first time daddy at 42 but my Mrs is still young lol so parent hood here we come:laundry::caddy::ironing:

Similar situation for me...first time dad at 42.

Don't worry. You'll be fine, but it does change your life, for the better. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
18th January 2013, 13:59
our little girl is only 2 and half and she dont go to nursery until she is 3, so she keeps me busy, plus house lol and online thing.. :Hellooo::Hellooo: