PDA

View Full Version : will unlocked phones from the philippines work in uk

\\\\ToNy////
10th January 2013, 11:44
as title, i need a small phone so i can use it in uk

andy222
10th January 2013, 12:07
i dont see why not. best to check with the sellers.

stevie c
10th January 2013, 13:14
If its unlocked it will work here in the uk I bought one back & had no problems

bigtilly
10th January 2013, 13:21
Mine works perfectly too.

MissAna
10th January 2013, 13:57
mine also. still using my good old corby phone :biggrin:.. i badly need a new one though :cwm3:maybe when i get a job :icon_rolleyes:

melovesengland
10th January 2013, 14:33
as long as it is not locked to the networks in the Philippines then it'll work.

Dedworth
10th January 2013, 17:44
as title, i need a small phone so i can use it in uk

Check out if there's a clearance bin in your Carphone Warehouse - we bought 2 Samsungs for £7.50 after Christmas which will be going to the Phils. Back Britain and get a 1 year manufacturers warranty :biggrin:

WhiteBloodAda
10th January 2013, 19:27
Same question, the other way round. I can't seem to get my Sun sim card to work here even on unlocked phones. Even the guy in the shop tried on his with no luck. Is it just Sun that is crap? Worked fine over there with an old phone I borrowed

Michael Parnham
10th January 2013, 21:29
I have a dual sim Nokia I bought in Dumaguete 2 years ago, got a Lebara sim and a Smart sim, never had a problem at all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
10th January 2013, 22:26
Same question, the other way round. I can't seem to get my Sun sim card to work here even on unlocked phones. Even the guy in the shop tried on his with no luck. Is it just Sun that is crap? Worked fine over there with an old phone I borrowed

Have you tried searching & choosing a network manually? It might be that Sun Cellular's partner network here in the UK isn't available in your area. I use a Globe sim for roaming and I only get a Vodafone network where we live (which is the partner network of Globe Telecom) but in other places, I can get O2 network too.

\\\\ToNy////
11th January 2013, 07:17
went and got myself an open line (unlocked)? cherry mobile p8 for 1299peso about £19.50, duel band gsm (900/1800mhz), the one store said that duel band wont work in the uk, so i went to another store and didnt ask them, i just buy it anyway :biggrin: yellow phone :biggrin:.
anyway heres a site that might help everyone, i think the p8 will work in uk:xxgrinning--00xx3: ill find out on monday.
http://www.calibryze.com/gsm_countries.html

WhiteBloodAda
11th January 2013, 12:32
Have you tried searching & choosing a network manually? It might be that Sun Cellular's partner network here in the UK isn't available in your area. I use a Globe sim for roaming and I only get a Vodafone network where we live (which is the partner network of Globe Telecom) but in other places, I can get O2 network too.

tried that, and all failed. I'll try the webchat to an adviser over the weekend sometime and see if they can help

\\\\ToNy////
14th January 2013, 09:48
got back to uk yesterday and tryed a 3 simcard, well it sort of worked, i could recieve calls and i tryed misscalling the wifes phone then after that it said emergency calls only, it also said that my 3 network is orange hehe, ill buy some simcards later and try them

Steve.r
14th January 2013, 10:16
Glad you made it home safe Tony

It was good to meet you in Phils. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

\\\\ToNy////
14th January 2013, 14:42
Glad you made it home safe Tony

It was good to meet you in Phils. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks steve, we really wanted to go to your place there but the drivers here was all out shopping with the rest of the family :doh, we would go on the jeepney things but was scared of getting lost,
next time matey :xxgrinning--00xx3:was an honour to meet you both

\\\\ToNy////
14th January 2013, 15:11
got an 02 sim and a vodafone sim and both work :xxgrinning--00xx3: