PDA

View Full Version : Flights to the Philippines from GBP639 return

Terpe
8th January 2013, 18:07
Check out this promo that I just received by e-mail today Flights to the Philippines from GBP639 return (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_GB/offerspromotions/offerslanding?refID=0a9a4942a239a310VgnVCM62000007d21c39____&cm_sp=LON-_-OFFERS-_-PHILIPPINESOFFEREYCL-LONPHILIPPINESOFFERJAN13)

I know it's not the most brilliant deal but maybe will help some folks who prefer CP as the carrier and enjoy the HK route to Manila, Cebu or Clark.

Look at the small print to see the validity of fares

Hope it helps someone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:airline:

Ako Si Jamie
8th January 2013, 20:38
According to that link flights to HK itself are £579. It could work out even cheaper to the Phils by getting a promo ticket from HK with Tiger/Cebu Pacific instead of flying the whole way with Cathay/Dragon.

Even the whole hog is a decent enough deal, especially to Cebu and Clark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
8th January 2013, 20:52
Many thanks Peter for the info me & Florsel are planning to fly into Clark around October time I wonder what the prices will be for October time :Erm:

stevie c
8th January 2013, 21:32
Just been quoted a flight to Manila with Singapore airlines leaving heathrow 8th October returning 31st October with 2hr stopover & 30 kilo baggage allowance price is £682 inc all taxes....Any thoughts on this please fire away

Ako Si Jamie
8th January 2013, 22:06
Just been quoted a flight to Manila with Singapore airlines leaving heathrow 8th October returning 31st October with 2hr stopover & 30 kilo baggage allowance price is £682 inc all taxes....Any thoughts on this please fire away
£624 with Singapore Airlines going on those very dates - 18 hours each way.

Or alternatively

£581 with Etihad for the same dates. 17 + 19 hours travel time.

www.travelpack.com

Michael Parnham
8th January 2013, 22:24
Not a bad price for Singapore Airlines :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
8th January 2013, 22:28
Is it best to book a flight way in advance or closer to the flight date what's the cheapest way any suggestions

irishman12
8th January 2013, 23:42
hi -if looking for chepaest -then as mentioned before maybe just get flight to hong kong or kuala lumpar and then get cheap flight to manila or clark -if we knew what the cheapest way of getting direct flight then life would be too easy:Erm:

bigmarco
8th January 2013, 23:56
£624 with Singapore Airlines going on those very dates - 18 hours each way.

Or alternatively

£581 with Etihad for the same dates. 17 + 19 hours travel time.

www.travelpack.com

Yeah I got the same fares quoted on Skyscanner

http://www.skyscanner.net/

South-east boy
9th January 2013, 00:03
Got some prices at just over £500 for 3 weeks in May from Manchester to Cebu flying with Etihad which I thought was pretty good.

Ako Si Jamie
9th January 2013, 00:43
Got some prices at just over £500 for 3 weeks in May from Manchester to Cebu flying with Etihad which I thought was pretty good.Very good deal that is. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
9th January 2013, 07:56
etihad is a good airline, never know may even get a upgrade

Slip
9th January 2013, 08:05
The company I work for has a contract with several airlines. I have tried on many occasion to get a discount or an upgrade, haven't managed yet!

When I do finally go to meet my girlfriend I will ask again!

stevewool
9th January 2013, 08:27
only flown twice to the phils, first time was with etihad £615 was upgraded on the way back so slept from manila to abu in a very nice bed:xxgrinning--00xx3: second time flew with cathy to hong kong then onwards to manila, that price was £555 both these flights was over the christmas new year period too, so i was happy paying those prices plus they was booked way way way in advance too, so looking at the prices now they have not changed much

Terpe
9th January 2013, 10:28

That sounds not bad.

I really like Singapore airlines. An all round quality carrier with good service when you need it.
The extra baggage allowance is always useful.

For us price is not a deal breaker, so not always looking for cheap.

South-east boy
9th January 2013, 13:33
Got some prices at just over £500 for 3 weeks in May from Manchester to Cebu flying with Etihad which I thought was pretty good.

Ooops! Sorry, meant London to Cebu. The site seems to say that there aren't any flights from Manchester to Cebu and Manila is an 'invalid destination' even though it's on their list! Manila as a destination worked on the site the other day!

Ako Si Jamie
9th January 2013, 20:31
Still a cracking deal though.

South-east boy
9th January 2013, 22:03
Still a cracking deal though.

Yeah! Was looking for someone else. I'd be going to Manila-found a price of £500, but that was with Kuwait airlines who are not as good as Etihad.

Was surprised at how many airlines seem to fly to Philippines now! In one price quote there was:
Saudi Arabia,
Kuwait airlines,
Air China,
Royal Brunei,
China Southern,
Etihad,
Cathay Pacific,
China Airlines,
Asiana,
Singapore airlines,
Qatar,
Malaysia,
Emirates,
Thai airlines,
KLM,
Korea airlines.

Ako Si Jamie
10th January 2013, 20:34
Yeah! Was looking for someone else. I'd be going to Manila-found a price of £500, but that was with Kuwait airlines who are not as good as Etihad.

Was surprised at how many airlines seem to fly to Philippines now! In one price quote there was:
Saudi Arabia,
Kuwait airlines,
Air China,
Royal Brunei,
China Southern,
Etihad,
Cathay Pacific,
China Airlines,
Asiana,
Singapore airlines,
Qatar,
Malaysia,
Emirates,
Thai airlines,
KLM,
Korea airlines.I think Etihad are the value airline at the moment with usual prices between £540-£600.

Saudi used to be cheap but they've practically doubled in price. Not sure why! Maybe they've bought some new planes recently. The one I went on in 2011 was about as old as Graham! :icon_lol:

DaveW
10th January 2013, 22:06
I used to regularly buy seperate tickets to say HK or Singapore then buy a cheap return to Manila with Cebu Pacific. It can work out cheaper but I stopped doing this after I got badly delayed in Manila and missed my flight from HK back to London. Now I always buy a ticket for the complete journey to phils. Really do prefer flying with Singapore or Cathay and have never tried the middle eastern airlines despite being around £100 cheaper sometimes.

Moving Forward
13th January 2013, 15:28
Is it best to book a flight way in advance or closer to the flight date what's the cheapest way any suggestions

According to some travel journalists the optimal time for booking for a flight and getting a good price is around 8 weeks before departure.

However, airlines often have promotions and the time of year can affect things too. l will be booking my next flight in early Feb, two weeks in advance; I am confident I can get a reasonable price for a flight at that time of year.

Using cashback sites like Quidco.com often means you can save a bit extra. Lastminute.com & Cathay Pacific are signed up to this scheme. Cathay Pacific has a promo at Quidco offering 1.9% cashback which finishes in 2 days time.

stevewool
13th January 2013, 16:01
The one I went on in 2011 was about as old as Graham! :icon_lol:[/QUOTE]

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevewool
13th January 2013, 16:05
like i said we booked cathy in there sales around this time i started looking booked and paid in full by early feb for flying out that december all for £555 to hong kong then manila, i was so happy with those prices,

Tawi2
13th January 2013, 16:12
I used to fly to manila sometimes once a month from Hong Kong,I always used to complain about the steep fares :icon_rolleyes: £70-120 return :icon_lol:

stevewool
13th January 2013, 16:19
wow so much in them days, with my way of thinking and not having flown many times to the phils ,the price i paid at the start was just over £600 return that was with etihad then the £555 with cathy and in that we had a weeks stop over in hong kong so it was like 2 holidays and so worth the money i say, so with these two prices thats all i can work on, both good flight times and good prices to me, and in the future if the prices was the same i would be happy

Tawi2
13th January 2013, 16:26
I think long gone are the £420 average flights to honkers,I can remember paying £360 to manila from the UK,the good old days :icon_lol:

stevewool
13th January 2013, 16:37
if you see a price you are happy with book it, you can bet it will go up at a later date

Iani
16th January 2013, 12:08
etihad is a good airline, never know may even get a upgrade

How do you manage to get upgrades?

If it involves giving the camp steward a kiss, I'll stick to my cheap seat :wink:

irishman12
17th January 2013, 18:52
I think long gone are the £420 average flights to honkers,I can remember paying £360 to manila from the UK,the good old days :icon_lol:
well we paid 520euro shannon to hong kong in 2011,and in a few weeks flying dublin to hkg with air france for 550 euro ,dont know how much flights are to dubai but cebu pacific will be flying from dubai to manila ,Their first flight will be on Oct 7 2013.

Now they are having a promo at P888 one way exclude tax

marlyn&kenny
18th January 2013, 00:29
that' spund really good deal, may i know what is the name of website you get this quote please? as we plan to fly on May if we will manage to pull it lol! as it will be 2 adult and 1 child which is 2 and half... thanks mate