PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to pay flight tax when leaving Cebu

cheekee
8th January 2013, 18:06
I have been looking into booking my flight to cebu and was told by an agent that I need to pay flight tax when leaving Cebu.

Is this true ?

melovesengland
8th January 2013, 18:17
You have to pay P750 to depart or leave the Philippines (P250 for domestic flights) as terminal fee. Apart from that, you got to pay P2,700 for travel tax before you can leave the PI.

If you purchased your ticket in an agent then most of the agents in the PI already has included travel tax on your itinerary receipt but DO NOT FORGET to check it. If you booked online then you got to pay travel tax in the airport.

imagine
8th January 2013, 18:23
550 peso terminal fee when i left manila airport to fly back to uk, no other charges

the domestic flights i used within philippines was 30 pesos terminal fee,

irishman12
8th January 2013, 19:42
hi melovesengland -sorry but ur info is incorrect,both manila and cebu are 550 for international flights ,dont know of any 250 domestic term -its 200 pesofee unless they have increased recently ,only flights from manila to domestic destinations have the terminal fee included even if booked online since aug 2012,not the return leg ,foreigners dont have to pay 2700 peso travel tax imagine -there are only a few airports where the term fee is 30 peso ,others like davao and cebu are 200 peso

grahame 1
8th January 2013, 19:50
when i went from cebu to manila i had to pay tax think it was about 500 pesos and then when i left manila for london i had to pay 750 pesos

grahamw48
8th January 2013, 20:03
Yes, it was p750 departure (airport fee) for a while, but they've now knocked it back down to the old p550.

Foreigners don't have to pay Philippines 'travel tax'.

That's just a way of extracting money out of their own unfortunate departing citizens.

All other taxes should be included in your ticket, so you should only need p550 plus a little money for stuff bought in the airport.

I'm meaning if it's an international departing flight, not a domestic one of course.

imagine
8th January 2013, 20:12
i travelled with cebu pacific domestic manila to cagayan 30 pesos per person, same on return,
how much it is elswhere i dont know

melovesengland
9th January 2013, 00:22
when i left the pi last june it was p750 term fee and p250 term fee in davao as well as i am from the south but thanks for correcting anyway. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
9th January 2013, 00:46
@grahame1 when was that? no way it was 500 from cebu to manila and its a terminal fee, @mle -we were there in july and it was 550 and had been for a few months before -so seems u were overcharged if paid 750,we also flew from davao to manila and dont remember being charged 250