PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas in the Phils part 3

imagine
5th January 2013, 17:50
manila to Cagayan, and we have touch down7599 and still too hot:icon_lol:
Lolita's niece accompanied us and still insisted on carrying my heavy luggage, every time i attempted to pick it up my self , she grabbed it then and refused to allow me:biggrin: we went to get a taxi, hastled by a taxi agent wanting his cut, Lolita and her niece wasn't having none of this and insisted on dealing straight with a driver and no way was going to pay the agent his cut :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: after 15 minutes or so of argueing (negotiations):biggrin:lolita made a grab for a cop, and asked his help,during all this i was in the background sat with the luggage:biggrin:, well they won and we got our taxi at our price :xxgrinning--00xx3: isn't it good to be looked after so well:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:
on our way at last 7600 7601 great scenery on the way, we stopped off at Lolita's nieces house in IPONAN to drop her off, had a short break then onward to Malaybalay,

Malaybalay at last and what a pleasn't change cooler comfortable, time to settle in and rest for the evening :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th January 2013, 18:31
... time to settle in and rest for the evening :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: And it's "goodnight" from him, and ... ???

Ako Si Jamie
5th January 2013, 18:51
Part 4 is the sordid bit of the story. :icon_lol:

Terpe
6th January 2013, 14:11
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

continue..... please :Erm:

imagine
6th January 2013, 23:48
next day 7606 a lazy morning, then a visit to the cash machine, after 3 attempts i won the jackpot:icon_lol:
and headed for jolly bee,for a burger and coke :biggrin:,and a walk around grabbing some shoping,
in the evening Lolita's son arrived to visit and meet me, we all went into Malaybalay to view the christmas lights ,decorations and activity,
7609 another long day and still tired,back home late and rested for the night:biggrin:
the next day Lolita was back at work, i stayed at home, did some small diy repairs and played housewife :icon_lol::icon_lol:
sorry its taking me a long time publishing my story, but im still bogged down a bit with this flue virus, though im almost better now, still many things to catch up with at home, that i neglected while being away,

imagine
7th January 2013, 00:15
losing track of my days now, but attended a teachers day at Lolitas school,
very enjoyable all those gwapa teachers :biggrin::icon_lol:
later in the week a teachers concert, followed by another day a school christmas party,
but more on that later,
had many trips into town shopping with and without Lolita, many smiles and people looking :biggrin: in one store an assistant asked if i was married, a cafe we went in one of the days, Lolita finished eating, then she went to the comfort room, the second she went in, i was hassled by a female waitress wanting me to dance, i thought right yeah sure, anyway it continued until Lolita came back out, i said right lets get out of here quick :icon_lol: she thinks the woman was probably a prostitute, well i dont know but certainly seemed dodgy to me :icon_lol:

food my stomach didnt like the local food so much, dont get me wrong i ate plenty of it, i had a bad stomach all of the time i was there,partly i guess a side effect of the malaria tabs, oh for a decent pot of tea, actually i found liptons tea, but the so called fresh milk was terrible,and couldnt find a decent loaf of bread that i liked, during the third week i found quite a lot of imported food, like heinz tomato sauce, hp brown sauce, sliced ham, chocolate and lots of other items, so i know now i can survive:laugher:

bigmarco
7th January 2013, 01:57
This is slow but fun :biggrin:

stevie c
8th January 2013, 19:16
It's getting more. & more interesting Stuart :wink:

imagine
8th January 2013, 19:21
It's getting more. & more interesting Stuart :wink:

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th January 2013, 22:55
Next time you're there, in the absence of anything else, you'll find that Pan de Sal...the little breakast rolls are the nearest things to British bread....no sugar. :smile:

South-east boy
9th January 2013, 00:17
losing track of my days now, but attended a teachers day at Lolitas school,
very enjoyable all those gwapa teachers :biggrin::icon_lol:
later in the week a teachers concert, followed by another day a school christmas party,
but more on that later,
had many trips into town shopping with and without Lolita, many smiles and people looking :biggrin: in one store an assistant asked if i was married, a cafe we went in one of the days, Lolita finished eating, then she went to the comfort room, the second she went in, i was hassled by a female waitress wanting me to dance, i thought right yeah sure, anyway it continued until Lolita came back out, i said right lets get out of here quick :icon_lol: she thinks the woman was probably a prostitute, well i dont know but certainly seemed dodgy to me :icon_lol:

food my stomach didnt like the local food so much, dont get me wrong i ate plenty of it, i had a bad stomach all of the time i was there,partly i guess a side effect of the malaria tabs, oh for a decent pot of tea, actually i found liptons tea, but the so called fresh milk was terrible,and couldnt find a decent loaf of bread that i liked, during the third week i found quite a lot of imported food, like heinz tomato sauce, hp brown sauce, sliced ham, chocolate and lots of other items, so i know now i can survive:laugher:

Nice to see some pics with your story :xxgrinning--00xx3: I doubt it was the malaria tablets-probably the food or ice/water in something as my stomach was dodgey most of the time I was over there as well and even immodium didn't improve it! :NoNo:

imagine
9th January 2013, 00:38
Next time you're there, in the absence of anything else, you'll find that Pan de Sal...the little breakast rolls are the nearest things to British bread....no sugar. :smile:
yeah i i know dip it in tea for breakfast:xxgrinning--00xx3:
iv converted Lolita to toasted bread and butter:icon_lol::biggrin:

imagine
9th January 2013, 00:42
Nice to see some pics with your story :xxgrinning--00xx3: I doubt it was the malaria tablets-probably the food or ice/water in something as my stomach was dodgey most of the time I was over there as well and even immodium didn't improve it! :NoNo:

i think most likely the food and Lolita kept feeding me :biggrin::icon_lol: but later during the second week i think it was , i had home made ice cream at the school bulk made, proberbly made with local water which wouldnt have helped:doh