PDA

View Full Version : Need help about the visa

McGregor03
4th January 2013, 03:00
:Hellooo:
Well,my boyfriend and I are planning to apply a fiancee visa maybe 3mons.from now and am starting to gather info's now on how we're going to start it. Though we're planning to have an agency coz we wanna make it right,we're both nervous about it,this is my first time too,we tried to call the agency and they told us that we can apply for it for my partner has around 24,000 pounds gross income,he's renting though and pays his own bills and he got a car. I've read the info's from UKBA but still not contented about it, it's like i need an advice from someone who's going though with it.
We've been together for 2 years and 3mons now,I met him online last sept. of 2010,we have 29 years age gap,i don't think it really matters,we have good laughs and definitely got same humor I just love him,even before we meet.We chat twice a day,7am and 7pm his time which is 3pm and 3am here in the philippines.He visit me first in 2011 of july for a month as we're planning to get married right away,but we didn't make it due to time conflict,after 5months he visit me again for 2 weeks in jan. of 2012 and we're suppose to start applying for visa by then but it was changed coz we thought he can have a loan but we're wrong bout it,and decided to visit me for the 3rd time that was aug.of 2012 coz we're thinking it might have a good impression when I will apply for my visa. Does it make a good impression as well,that am a graduate of a 4 year course which is Bachelor of Science in Nursing last march of 2010 but I didn't took the exam for am thinkin that I can't use it in UK for I will take a different exam and I will pursue my chosen field when I get there if I have any luck. I know I talk so much :D But can please someone give us a checklist or pointers? I would really appreciate it.I wanna know too,about how much savings he needs as well.
We're just dying to be together and I think our relationship has been tested enough for the distance is our greatest challenge.

So please help me!!!
Cheers !!! x

Michael Parnham
4th January 2013, 07:22
From what you have said about your relationship everything appears ok, good luck! I'm sure you will find out everything you need to know from this forum, also allow yourself approx 6 months to get all your requirements together and best wishes for a sucessful application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
4th January 2013, 07:50
But how come it will take 6 mons.? :omg:

Terpe
4th January 2013, 08:29
Hi McGregor03, welcome to the forum and online community.

May I suggest you review this thread called How To Apply For A Fiance(e) Visa (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39869-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Fiance-Visa)

Do be aware that entering the UK on a Fiancee visa will require that you apply for another visa called Further Leave to Remain (FLR(M) ) once you are married.
The waiting times for FLR(M) approval (for the majority) can be really long (currently up to 9 months), the importance of this is that you will not be allowed to do any kind of work (paid or unpaid) until that approval has been granted.
Not trying to negate your plans, but just informing you of the situation.
Entering UK with a Spouse Visa allows you to get working from the time you arrive. You also have 30 months before any further visa applications need to be made.

McGregor03
4th January 2013, 13:24
Terpe thank u so much:biggrin: really appreciate it, I just hope everything will be ok. Cheers lad ! :66:

melovesengland
4th January 2013, 14:59
Hello McGregor03. Welcome aboard! :smile:

There are loads of posts and threads about Fiancee Visa applications in this Forum so Im sure you will have plenty of information and tips if you keep on browsing and reading. RESEARCHING is the best thing to do.

Also, were a friendly bunch in here so just shout when CONFUSION STRIKES!

Michael Parnham
4th January 2013, 19:56
I said 6 months because of the traveling involved getting documents from all the various places, Passport office, Nso, Nbi, British Embassy (twice) Marriage arrangements also copying all paperwork etc: We had reams & reams of paperwork to obtain and all the copying of everything, in all it took us almost 9 months from the start to receiving the 'visa'. I would recommend getting married in Philippines and applying for spouse 'visa' I think it could lesson the pressure long term, also don't waste money on an agency just follow the advice given on this forum, we did and it worked for us! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th January 2013, 01:27
Entering UK with a Spouse Visa allows you to get working from the time you arrive. You also have 30 months before any further visa applications need to be made.

:yeahthat: would certainly be MY choice, Mariam ... and a Spousal Visa is definitely an option well worth considering; indeed, a most appropriate one with a name like yours, if you'll forgive my saying so. :smile:

:welcomex: from me ... and goodluck with whatever route you and your partner ultimately decide to take. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 12:02
Am afraid he can't have that long period of time for us to get married here :( We tried once and the amount of time he had wasn't enough. The longest holiday he can have is 3weeks. Will try to tell him though,coz he wants us to get married here so my folks will witness our special day. The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos :yikes: And hey is it allowed if we'll continue to process for the fiancee visa, he can borrow money from his parents? :anerikke:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 12:11
Hi Arthur,
I know, it was our first plan actually but coz he can't have that enough time to stay here for us to get married we decided to apply for fiancee visa. BUT he told me once that he will try to ask his boss if he can have a break for 2mons. ( which is I hope will be granted) for us to get married here even he won't be paid. :anerikke:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 12:14
Thank u melovesengland :)
I know been to gather an info's here, sometimes too much info is too confusing but tbh this site really helps me a lot. Geez, we're not even starting yet, just nervous about the application:cwm25: Thank u again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
5th January 2013, 12:21
Am afraid he can't have that long period of time for us to get married here :( We tried once and the amount of time he had wasn't enough. The longest holiday he can have is 3weeks. Will try to tell him though,coz he wants us to get married here so my folks will witness our special day. The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos :yikes: And hey is it allowed if we'll continue to process for the fiancee visa, he can borrow money from his parents? :anerikke:

It can be done in less than 4 weeks if you plan properly. I went for 3 weeks and 4 days and managed to get married quite easily and still had time to spare and I'm sure you will find others on here who've done it in less than we did.
It just requires a bit of planning and organisation by you and it can be done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
5th January 2013, 12:28

Instead of paying the agency Php45K, use that money in your wedding or visa application. Lots here didn't use an agency when processing visa and they've done well. If you and your fiance don't really have time to gather documents, etc. maybe you can use an agency.

What do you mean about borrowing money from his parents for the fiancee visa? You mean as a third party sponsor? In the new rules, third party sponsor is not allowed now.

bigmarco
5th January 2013, 12:39
Instead of paying the agency Php45K, use that money in your wedding or visa application. Lots here didn't use an agency when processing visa and they've done well. If you and your fiance don't really have time to gather documents, etc. maybe you can use an agency.

What do you mean about borrowing money from his parents for the fiancee visa? You mean as a third party sponsor? In the new rules, third party sponsor is not allowed now.

Rayna is right. All the information you need is on here.
My wife signed a contract to pay 80,000 php to an agent when we applied for our visa. 40,000 up front and the balance when she got her visa. She was refused.
In hindsight I would always say to be people to do it themselves or if you feel you need an agent get your fiancé to hire one in this country not one in the Philippines.

mendoza82
5th January 2013, 13:47
hi,my hubby and i got married last oct.in cebu,he stayed here for 3 weeks,and we managed to sort out all the paperworks for the wedding from cni to wedding reception preparation,its just need a time management.u guys can do it..goodluck

MissAna
5th January 2013, 14:44
hello i'm a BSN graduate too! :Wave: i'm already an RN in the phils but yes you're right being RN wont be any use here because they don't recognize our education in phil :doh

i suggest you dont use any agency.i believe with lots of research you can get your fiancee visa. we did not use any agency at all but my visa was granted last oct 2011. this forum help us a lot :icon_sorry: so dont be shy to ask questions and of course do lots research :readingpapers:. ALWAYS check the uk border agency website too for any updates :biggrin: . it wont be easy it took us about 10 months to gather all the necessary papers but dont worry i'm sure you'll get through it all. god bless :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th January 2013, 15:37
......The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos :yikes:

I hope that agency is here in UK?
Since the largest part of visa application is based on evidence from the sponsor, I'm sure it would be far better to utilise a UK agent (Time difference, communications and speed)

I not saying some agents in Philippines are not competent, they are. But I think the logistics are just too complex for the best outcomes in good time.

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 20:13
I hope that agency is here in UK?
Since the largest part of visa application is based on evidence from the sponsor, I'm sure it would be far better to utilise a UK agent (Time difference, communications and speed)

I not saying some agents in Philippines are not competent, they are. But I think the logistics are just too complex for the best outcomes in good time.

No Terpe, the agency is based in Cebu City and some of my friends are using it, the ones who are in London now but they're using a different visa . Since all of their visa's are granted, why can't I use it? Looks like the agency has a good record :anerikke:

Terpe
5th January 2013, 20:23
No Terpe, the agency is based in Cebu City and some of my friends are using it, the ones who are in London now but they're using a different visa . Since all of their visa's are granted, why can't I use it? Looks like the agency has a good record :anerikke:

That's fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If that agency fully understand the new rules for Fiance(e) Visa (settlement) then no problem.
They will be the ones to tell you all the documentary evidence you need to get from your sponsor.

Still a good idea to check here also. Many have experience very recently.
Take care God bless

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 20:29
hello i'm a BSN graduate too! :Wave: i'm already an RN in the phils but yes you're right being RN wont be any use here because they don't recognize our education in phil :doh

i suggest you dont use any agency.i believe with lots of research you can get your fiancee visa. we did not use any agency at all but my visa was granted last oct 2011. this forum help us a lot :icon_sorry: so dont be shy to ask questions and of course do lots research :readingpapers:. ALWAYS check the uk border agency website too for any updates :biggrin: . it wont be easy it took us about 10 months to gather all the necessary papers but dont worry i'm sure you'll get through it all. god bless :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Been reading UKBA since last year, we have an idea what are the things needed it's just that we wanna do it right and we badly wanna be with each other, we're both nervous bout the application :(

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 20:41
That's fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If that agency fully understand the new rules for Fiance(e) Visa (settlement) then no problem.
They will be the ones to tell you all the documentary evidence you need to get from your sponsor.

Still a good idea to check here also. Many have experience very recently.
Take care God bless

Been searching here too, and it's been such a great help to us. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:05
It can be done in less than 4 weeks if you plan properly. I went for 3 weeks and 4 days and managed to get married quite easily and still had time to spare and I'm sure you will find others on here who've done it in less than we did.
It just requires a bit of planning and organisation by you and it can be done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yikes: we tried it ones ( we almost did it ) To make sure maybe a month and half break ? We will definitely can do it:xxgrinning--00xx3:Btw, how long does it take for you to have that spousal visa? If u have an idea.. Thank u :)

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:11
How come? your partner needs to stay here for 28days for him to have the CNI? That's what they told us when we went to the embassy last july 2011. Gotta be honest we even tried to have someone whom we can pay under the table BUT still we didn't make it. Maybe a month and half will do it ? :anerikke: ... Can you help us? and thank you ...

Terpe
5th January 2013, 21:17
Don't forget that using an agency does not mean getting a visa.:Erm:
Keep your eye to them and be sure they are doing something for you that you are unable to do yourself. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:18

Not a 2nd sponsor, just borrow money then go along with the processing. :anerikke:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:21
Don't forget that using an agency does not mean getting a visa.:Erm:
Keep your eye to them and be sure they are doing something for you that you are unable to do yourself. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Got it Terpe:xxgrinning--00xx3: btw is the spousal visa has a greater chance for us not to be denied?

joebloggs
5th January 2013, 21:24
hardly anyone on here has used an agency, if your case is straight forward there is no need for one, why waste money paying someone else to do what most people on here have done for them self, after all its you that will have to get all the evidence together and meet the criteria (income, accommodation, genuine relationship) not the agency, so most of the work you will have to do yourself anyway - as this will decide on whether visa is granted or not:doh

most on here have not been refused a visa who didn't use an agency, after all why trust something so important with someone else.

but at the end of the day its your choice :biggrin:

Terpe
5th January 2013, 21:31
Got it Terpe:xxgrinning--00xx3: btw is the spousal visa has a greater chance for us not to be denied?

Well for Fiance(e) visa there have been a number of refusal because the ECO did not believe there was sufficient eveidence to show intention to actually get married. Very tricky.
As it happens right now there are long long delays in securing the FLR(M) visa which enable the spouse to work. That may or may not be an issue for you, but it's a major problem for many. Especially in these economically challenging times.

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:37
hardly anyone on here has used an agency, if your case is straight forward there is no need for one, why waste money paying someone else to do what most people on here have done for them self, after all its you that will have to get all the evidence together and meet the criteria (income, accommodation, genuine relationship) not the agency, so most of the work you will have to do yourself anyway - as this will decide on whether visa is granted or not:doh

most on here have not been refused a visa who didn't use an agency, after all why trust something so important with someone else.

but at the end of the day its your choice :biggrin:

We're definitely considering it now even getting married here in the Philippines too. We're trying to talk about it now. Thank you :smile:

joebloggs
5th January 2013, 21:40
We're definitely considering it now even getting married here in the Philippines too. We're trying to talk about it now. Thank you :smile:

send the money on your wedding in the phils instead, start collecting evidence your relationship is genuine, as long as your husband earns £18.6k a yr and has suitable accommodation for you that's not over crowded you shouldn't have a problem getting a spouse visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:44
send the money on your wedding in the phils instead, start collecting evidence your relationship is genuine, as long as your husband earns £18.6k a yr and has suitable accommodation for you that's not over crowded you shouldn't have a problem getting a spouse visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

No problem about the things u mention above :xxgrinning--00xx3: Do you have any idea how long it will take to wait for a spouse visa?:Help1:

joebloggs
5th January 2013, 21:46
the same time it would take to get a fiancee visa anything from days to months, I would be just guessing :NoNo:

sheriel
5th January 2013, 21:46
Hello Miss Anna,we got married in Bay Bay City Leyte,and used Enhance Visa Services in Cebu to help with Spouse Visa,i have many freinds who use Enhance for Advice,and preparing Visa,Advice was for free,Fee for Visa,they were very helpful to us and many freinds here in Cornwall,England,Good luck for you in the Future with your Visa. :Wave: :Wave:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:54
the same time it would take to get a fiancee visa anything from days to months, I would be just guessing :NoNo:

Thank u :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 21:57
Hello Miss Anna,we got married in Bay Bay City Leyte,and used Enhance Visa Services in Cebu to help with Spouse Visa,i have many freinds who use Enhance for Advice,and preparing Visa,Advice was for free,Fee for Visa,they were very helpful to us and many freinds here in Cornwall,England,Good luck for you in the Future with your Visa. :Wave: :Wave:

Will be using same agency as my friends are using it too and all their visa's are granted ( but we're considering not to use it now ) How long did it take for you to have your visa? Been in contact with them last year, but now didn't hear anything from them yet.

Iani
6th January 2013, 09:06
Hi there

Well back to the amount of time it takes to get married in Phils. It looks like where you slipped up before, was in the CNI. This can be a little confusing, but there is a thread somewhere on here about this. I though shall summarise, you might not even then need to find this thread.

The confusing bit is - you don't have to wait that 28 days in Phils for the CNI. Right, your fiance needs to apply for it in the UK. He needs to go to a registry office a month at least before he is due to come over to Phils, and request this. It takes the 28 days here instead.

He needs also to e-mail the embassy in Manila (or there are places in another city........sorry I've woken up early and I'm sort of zonked, I'll wake up soon), to make an appointment to swap this CNI he will get from the UK, for a local one.
This you take to the council office or wherever in the town you are getting married in, they will then after 10 days wait give you a marriage licence which you can use to get married.
You can of course - and obviously must - see the priest or wherever long before this to make the arrangements to get married. They can't actually marry you before the licence is issued, but obviously everyone knows it's on its way, so as long as you marry that 10 days after issue, everything is fine.

So to look at a critical path. Say you arrive in Phils on the 1st, you have the appointment on the 2nd (remember - e-mail as far in advance as possible to get the day you want, if it's over a month in advance then it's near certain you will get the day you want at the embassy, oh and they are usually early morning). Take that local CNI to the council office say on the 3rd (allowing travel time), and you can marry on the 13th. That's less than 2 weeks.

Now this needs planning, however as you can see it can be done. Make sure you have absolutely everything you need. As I say there is a thread on here somewhere, I shall find it and post later if you want (I need to go back to bed in a moment for a while, or someone else might post the link). There are other things you need.

Oh one example of other things is your CENOMAR and one for him too. You obviously will know how to order one of these, He also needs one (I know, I know - just to show he never married in Phils). You need certain information from him about mothers name etc and this can be ordered by you or your family before he arrives - in fact this is pretty essential really. He could also order it over the internet to be posted to your family - it could for more money be posted to the UK but this takes a lot longer and frankly why on earth do this!

Just make sure he brings absolutely everything you need to get married, check and check again.

Oh and a personal tip - make sure at the council office that marriage licence is absolutely 100% correct. The officials sometimes get confused with birth dates, also sometimes confused that his mother doesn't have her last name before she got married as her middle name - they don't do that in the UK, she just changes her last name but keeps her middle name

Good luck :biggrin:

Iani
6th January 2013, 09:10
Spouse visa times? Well as already said, actually the "service level" is 3 months - it's "supposed" to take that time maximum, that's almost the law.

In reality, it doesn't have to take that long, and it seems from reading at the moment it's taking just over a month. All depends though, key is preparation, it might take a while to get together all the evidence, that's down to the two of you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
6th January 2013, 12:31
Hi there

Well back to the amount of time it takes to get married in Phils. It looks like where you slipped up before, was in the CNI. This can be a little confusing, but there is a thread somewhere on here about this. I though shall summarise, you might not even then need to find this thread.

The confusing is - you don't have to wait that 28 days in Phils for the CNI. Right your fiance needs to apply for it in the UK. He needs to go to a registry office a month at least before he is due to come over to Phils, and request this. It takes the 28 days here instead.

He needs also to e-mail the embassy in Manila (or there are places in another city........sorry I've woken up early and I'm sort of zonked, I'll wake up soon), to make an appointment to swap this CNI he will get from the UK, for a local one.
This you take to the council office or wherever in the town you are getting married in, they will then after 10 days wait give you a marriage licence which you can use to get married.
You can of course - and obviously must - see the priest or wherever long before this to make the arrangements to get married. They can't actually marry you before the licence is issued, but obviously everyone knows it's on its way, so as long as you marry that 10 days after issue, everything is fine.

So to look at a critical path. Say you arrive in Phils on the 1st, you have the appointment on the 2nd (remember - e-mail as far in advance as possible to get the day you want, if it's over a month in advance then it's near certain you will get the day you want at the embassy, oh and they are usually early morning). Take that local CNI to the council office say on the 3rd (allowing travel time), and you can marry on the 13th. That's less than 2 weeks.

Now this needs planning, however as you can see it can be done. Make sure you have absolutely everything you need. As I say there is a thread on here somewhere, I shall find it and post later if you want (I need to go back to bed in a moment for a while, or someone else might post the link). There are other things you need.

Oh one example of other things is your CENOMAR and one for him too. You obviously will know how to order one of these, He also needs one (I know, I know - just to show he never married in Phils). You need certain information from him about mothers name etc and this can be ordered by you or your family before he arrives - in fact this is pretty essential really. He could also order it over the internet to be posted to your family - it could for more money be posted to the UK but this takes a lot longer and frankly why on earth do this!

Just make sure he brings absolutely everything you need to get married, check and check again.

Oh and a personal tip - make sure at the council office that marriage licence is absolutely 100% correct. The officials sometimes get confused with birth dates, also sometimes confused that his mother doesn't have her last name before she got married as her middle name - they don't do that in the UK, she just changes her last name but keeps her middle name

Good luck :biggrin:

I just knew about it today :yikes: I wish I joined this forum site before he went here for the first time we could've been married then. I didn't know this site existed though.. This is a big help to us :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
6th January 2013, 14:44
How come? your partner needs to stay here for 28days for him to have the CNI? That's what they told us when we went to the embassy last july 2011. Gotta be honest we even tried to have someone whom we can pay under the table BUT still we didn't make it. Maybe a month and half will do it ? :anerikke: ... Can you help us? and thank you ...

before my husband came over he has his cni from uk with him, (the day after he landed we went to embassy for the local cni, just few minutes we had it in our hand,then the day after we filed to cebu for the marriage registration, we waited for 10 days after we had our wedding date, so he arrived oct 1 we got married oct 18 he flied back 22nd.

bigmarco
6th January 2013, 15:18
I just knew about it today :yikes: I wish I joined this forum site before he went here for the first time we could've been married then. I didn't know this site exist though.. This is a big help to us:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:See, who needs agents when you've got all the information you need on here free of charge. Good Luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
6th January 2013, 23:40
before my husband came over he has his cni from uk with him,(the day after he landed we went to embassy for the local cni,just few minutes we had it in our hand,then the day after we flied to cebu for the marriage registration,we waited for 10 days after we had our wedding date,so he arrived oct 1 we got married oct 18 he flied back 22nd.

OMG:yikes: He got his CNI from UK with him :doh We just missed to mention it when we went to the embassy. Knowing this stuff, we might end up getting married here first as most of you guys suggested that it's better for us to get married here and apply for a spouse visa. I need to talk to the consulate in cebu first though. If we knew about all of this stuff :bigcry: Thank you! x

McGregor03
6th January 2013, 23:42
:xxgrinning--00xx3:See, who needs agents when you've got all the information you need on here free of charge. Good Luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know, since we knew all of this stuff we need a new plan that will include maybe getting married here... Thank u :)

Iani
7th January 2013, 00:44
we might end up getting married here first as most of you guys suggested that it's better for us to get married here and apply for a spouse visa. I need to talk to the consulate in cebu first though. If we knew about all of this stuff :bigcry: Thank you! x

Now "better" is whatever is best for the two of you, not what we think. There are some good reasons to go for the spouse visa route, but it really is up to you.

Some say it is slightly easier to get a spouse visa than a fiance visa..again I have no idea about that.

I'd on a personal level suggest this - getting married is a big thing for a woman, moreso than for the man dare I say it. Don't you want to get married with your family there?
Only you know the answer to that one, but if it's a big dream for you, then he should bend to that really IMO, and you can definitely do it in three weeks if you plan. You can frankly do it in two, but maybe that's pushing it, and also, he might not realise just how much, but it really REALLY hurts going home on your own to wait for that visa to be ready to be applied for.

McGregor03
7th January 2013, 01:02
Now "better" is whatever is best for the two of you, not what we think. There are some good reasons to go for the spouse visa route, but it really is up to you.

Some say it is slightly easier to get a spouse visa than a fiance visa..again I have no idea about that.

I'd on a personal level suggest this - getting married is a big thing for a woman, moreso than for the man dare I say it. Don't you want to get married with your family there?
Only you know the answer to that one, but if it's a big dream for you, then he should bend to that really IMO, and you can definitely do it in three weeks if you plan. You can frankly do it in two, but maybe that's pushing it, and also, he might not realise just how much, but it really REALLY hurts going home on your own to wait for that visa to be ready to be applied for.

A part of me is sad and makes me wanna cry for we could've been married by then if we only knew about this stuff earlier. We're waiting now for the answer from the consulate in cebu, and if it's ok then proceed about getting married here in phils. and of course I would love to have my folks on my special day it will make our wedding day extra special. Thank u again :) cheers!

Iani
7th January 2013, 01:08
Awww don't be sad:hug-1: <--- have a hug.

Yes, it's a pity of course you didn't know this, but come on - now you do, and you can plan something extremely exciting and happy - you two getting married.
Let's look forward not back :biggrin:

McGregor03
7th January 2013, 01:30
Awww don't be sad:hug-1: <--- have a hug.

Yes, it's a pity of course you didn't know this, but come on - now you do, and you can plan something extremely exciting and happy - you two getting married.
Let's look forward not back :biggrin:

I know, it's just that we're that close to being married and hey,thank for cheering me up :)

bigmarco
7th January 2013, 01:53
A part of me is sad and makes me wanna cry for we could've been married by then if we only knew about this stuff earlier. We're waiting now for the answer from the consulate in cebu, and if it's ok then proceed about getting married here in phils. and of course I would love to have my folks on my special day it will make our wedding day extra special. Thank u again :) cheers!

No need to be sad. Get active and make things happen. Get your partner to join here and I'm sure that together you will get an understanding of what's best for you.
Time to look forward and get planning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
7th January 2013, 01:59
No need to be sad. Get active and make things happen. Get your partner to join here and I'm sure that together you will get an understanding of what's best for you.
Time to look forward and get planning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Am happy and glad that I know about this stuff now, been telling him to join here or even use my acc. for him to have an access. The only thing that I hate about every time he's here in phils. is the time that he's about to leave it's hard to handle even just thinking about still hurts. But I know it's temporary. Things will be worth it in the end.
thank u lad :smile:

bigmarco
7th January 2013, 02:06
Am happy and glad that I know about this stuff now, been telling him to join here or even use my acc. for him to have an access. The only thing that I hate about every time he's here in phils. is the time that he's about to leave it's hard to handle even just thinking about still hurts. But I know it's temporary. Things will be worth it in the end.
thank u lad :smile:

There's a hell of a lot of our members trod the same path a you to get to happiness. It will all be worth it in the end.
The important thing is to plan though. You have to do your bit over there and he has to do his bit here regarding CNI and appointment with embassy prior to going and everything will fall into place nicely.
We all wish you well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
7th January 2013, 02:14
There's a hell of a lot of our members trod the same path a you to get to happiness. It will all be worth it in the end.
The important thing is to plan though. You have to do your bit over there and he has to do his bit here regarding CNI and appointment with embassy prior to going and everything will fall into place nicely.
We all wish you well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know it will be :xxgrinning--00xx3: Need to remind him about joining this forum site :D Thank u again

lovejoy
19th January 2013, 23:35
All my visa application from tourist visa to Spouse we did it by ourselves and there's no hassle everything is fine. Agency is just only 1 of the money making in the Philippines it's totally waste of Money. SPOUSE visa is a good option if you have plan to work when you arrive here... Hope when you apply visa in the future will be successful. good luck!

McGregor03
20th January 2013, 00:39
All my visa application from tourist visa to Spouse we did it by ourselves and there's no hassle everything is fine. Agency is just only 1 of the money making in the Philippines it's totally waste of Money. SPOUSE visa is a good option if you have plan to work when you arrive here... Hope when you apply visa in the future will be successful. good luck!

Looks like we don't need it nemore coz all the info's that are needed are here :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
20th January 2013, 00:56
Looks like we don't need it nemore coz all the info's that are needed are here :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: it is, Mariam ... Goodluck with it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
20th January 2013, 01:13
To be honest, it is quite expensive to go to agency when you can do things yourself. I agree with Rayna about using the money for the wedding or visa application instead.

You should consider these options:
Option 1. a. Get married in Phils
b. Apply for Leave to Remain straight away

Option 2. a. Apply for FLR M
b. Get married in the UK within 6 months
c. Apply for Leave to Remain

Good luck Mcgregor03 with whatever path you take. And welcome to the forum :smile:

McGregor03
20th January 2013, 01:27
To be honest, it is quite expensive to go to agency when you can do things yourself. I agree with Rayna about using the money for the wedding or visa application instead.

You should consider these options:
Option 1. a. Get married in Phils
b. Apply for Leave to Remain straight away

Option 2. a. Apply for FLR M
b. Get married in the UK within 6 months
c. Apply for Leave to Remain

Good luck Mcgregor03 with whatever path you take. And welcome to the forum :smile:

We're still waiting for the ans. from the consulate in Cebu and if it's a yes then we'll get married here :) I hope it will be a yes though coz getting married in UK is too hassle I think especially when it comes to proofs :furious3:
And thank u :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
20th January 2013, 01:41
Been reading this thread closely and my advice to you would be to totally ditch the idea of using an agent as the guys on here have said this is advice from me who has been down this route I will explain...

A while back I used an agency a very well known one here in the UK and yes was given very sound advice how to go about gathering the required evidence for my wifes spousal visa and the cost was £1440:yikes:

As guys on here know this and were really shocked at the cost but I was nieve and due to circumstances I hired them, that was a week before I found this website.

I can honestly say the advice and help I received on here was a lot more helpful and informed and basically what I already knew but reinforced my belief that this could be done just with a little knowledge from people who know and have experienced this.

I for one had a very positive outcome have as many others, so I will just say keep looking into this wonderful forum and I promise you that you wont be disappointed.

Good Luck...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
20th January 2013, 11:43
Been reading this thread closely and my advice to you would be to totally ditch the idea of using an agent as the guys on here have said this is advice from me who has been down this route I will explain...

A while back I used an agency a very well known one here in the UK and yes was given very sound advice how to go about gathering the required evidence for my wifes spousal visa and the cost was £1440:yikes:

As guys on here know this and were really shocked at the cost but I was nieve and due to circumstances I hired them, that was a week before I found this website.

I can honestly say the advice and help I received on here was a lot more helpful and informed and basically what I already knew but reinforced my belief that this could be done just with a little knowledge from people who know and have experienced this.

I for one had a very positive outcome have as many others, so I will just say keep looking into this wonderful forum and I promise you that you wont be disappointed.

Good Luck...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think we're not going to use an agency nemore, as u said all the info's that are needed on whatever visa you will apply are all here ;) And thank u...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

angellegwen
22nd January 2013, 12:48
:Hellooo:
Well,my boyfriend and I are planning to apply a fiancee visa maybe 3mons.from now and am starting to gather info's now on how we're going to start it. Though we're planning to have an agency coz we wanna make it right,we're both nervous about it,this is my first time too,we tried to call the agency and they told us that we can apply for it for my partner has around 24,000 pounds gross income,he's renting though and pays his own bills and he got a car. I've read the info's from UKBA but still not contented about it, it's like i need an advice from someone who's going though with it.
We've been together for 2 years and 3mons now,I met him online last sept. of 2010,we have 29 years age gap,i don't think it really matters,we have good laughs and definitely got same humor I just love him,even before we meet.We chat twice a day,7am and 7pm his time which is 3pm and 3am here in the philippines.He visit me first in 2011 of july for a month as we're planning to get married right away,but we didn't make it due to time conflict,after 5months he visit me again for 2 weeks in jan. of 2012 and we're suppose to start applying for visa by then but it was changed coz we thought he can have a loan but we're wrong bout it,and decided to visit me for the 3rd time that was aug.of 2012 coz we're thinking it might have a good impression when I will apply for my visa. Does it make a good impression as well,that am a graduate of a 4 year course which is Bachelor of Science in Nursing last march of 2010 but I didn't took the exam for am thinkin that I can't use it in UK for I will take a different exam and I will pursue my chosen field when I get there if I have any luck. I know I talk so much :D But can please someone give us a checklist or pointers? I would really appreciate it.I wanna know too,about how much savings he needs as well.
We're just dying to be together and I think our relationship has been tested enough for the distance is our greatest challenge.

So please help me!!!
Cheers !!! x

Hi, im new here and i read your post and hope this will help you. Im also a filipino (registered nurse in RP) and came here on a fiancee visa last July 14, 2012...got married last oct 4 and now waiting for the new visa result were applying.
During the fiancee visa application, my husband use an agent based here in UK which in our opinion is useless coz in short the applicants gather all the paperworks and agents just waits for you to submit all the necessary papers. You can do your own research and ask for advices here. Okay, you gather all papers required then send it through Fedex or whatever courier yout think you trust. Have your girlfriend gather her papers and compile it in a folder. You can do the application online and print the papers, schehdule for an appointment in VFS Manila, pay and submit then wait...
I do mine personally, and it only took us overall 8 days from the day i submit my papers to the embassy (VFS center in Manila) till the day they send me an email that they already made the decission (which is granted) and my visa and papers are on the way back to me.
Im not so sure this time, i heard that fiancee visa requirements when it comes to income of the sponsor is higher. Just check on their site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

McGregor03
24th January 2013, 23:15
Hi, im new here and i read your post and hope this will help you. Im also a filipino (registered nurse in RP) and came here on a fiancee visa last July 14, 2012...got married last oct 4 and now waiting for the new visa result were applying.
During the fiancee visa application, my husband use an agent based here in UK which in our opinion is useless coz in short the applicants gather all the paperworks and agents just waits for you to submit all the necessary papers. You can do your own research and ask for advices here. Okay, you gather all papers required then send it through Fedex or whatever courier yout think you trust. Have your girlfriend gather her papers and compile it in a folder. You can do the application online and print the papers, schehdule for an appointment in VFS Manila, pay and submit then wait...
I do mine personally, and it only took us overall 8 days from the day i submit my papers to the embassy (VFS center in Manila) till the day they send me an email that they already made the decission (which is granted) and my visa and papers are on the way back to me.
Im not so sure this time, i heard that fiancee visa requirements when it comes to income of the sponsor is higher. Just check on their site.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Will keep that in mind angellegwen, thank u... x