PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone paid a hotel in the Phils by bank transfer?

Ako Si Jamie
2nd January 2013, 20:44
We want to book this hotel in the Phils but the only means of payment at the moment is bank transfer. They want 50% deposit which is 3600p (roughly £55).

I went to my bank (HSBC) today and they said it would cost me £30 to do this. :yikes:

What a joke! Is this the norm or is it HSBC being greedy as usual?

joebloggs
2nd January 2013, 20:51
many years ago i use to use my RBS bank account to transfer money to my misses bank, it cost me about that :bigcry: until i started using PNB :biggrin:

not sure if this is any use to you

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/international-payments

Ako Si Jamie
2nd January 2013, 20:58
Minimum payment is £250 but thanks anyway Joe! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd January 2013, 21:01
Minimum payment is £250 but thanks anyway Joe! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:doh sorry :xxparty-smiley-004:

irishman12
3rd January 2013, 19:13
hi ,may i ask what hotel you are trying to book?

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 20:03
One in Sipalay.

febmary
3rd January 2013, 20:43
Where in Sipalay? Been there many times for holiday with my husband.

One in Sipalay.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 20:48
Where in Sipalay? Been there many times for holiday with my husband.Robinson Cruse.

We're staying for four nights in Sipalay and have already booked a pension house for the first night. This gives us time to have a look around for other accommodation.

febmary
3rd January 2013, 20:55
Robinson Cruse.

We're staying for four nights in Sipalay and have already booked a pension house for the first night. This gives us time to have a look around for other accommodation.

We were able to see that place. Sipalay is place to be at peace away from bustling city. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 20:59
We were able to see that place. Sipalay is place to be at peace away from bustling city. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Thanks very much.

Out of interest where did you stay?

febmary
3rd January 2013, 21:06

febmary
3rd January 2013, 21:08
Thanks very much.

Out of interest where did you stay?

My brother lives in Sipalay, he found a friend there who owns a small private cottage. He introduced to us, happen to be an englishman from Devon. I atttached a picture, that is a view from our cottage.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 21:12
Nice view. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
3rd January 2013, 21:21
One in Sipalay.

have u checked to see if its possible to book thru agoda or some booking website

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 22:09
Yup. Only 4 or 5 are on the booking sites and are either too pricey, unsuitable or already booked up.

Did manage to book a pension house on Agoda for a tenner for one night. Gives us chance to look elsewhere.

febmary
3rd January 2013, 23:06
Yup. Only 4 or 5 are on the booking sites and are either too pricey, unsuitable or already booked up.

Did manage to book a pension house on Agoda for a tenner for one night. Gives us chance to look elsewhere.

What pension house did u booked? You have time to look for some place to stay there in Sipalay, you might need to booked other hotels, this season may not be at peak. You can be walked in.

Ako Si Jamie
3rd January 2013, 23:12
What pension house did u booked? You have time to look for some place to stay there in Sipalay, you might need to booked other hotels, this season may not be at peak. You can be walked in.Manna Pension House

chippy
5th March 2013, 18:42
I have been to the philippines many times and have never paid a deposit for a hotel room.