PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Sub Division Plot Wanted

Stevek
2nd January 2013, 16:33
Hi Everyone

I am living in the UK right now with my Filipina wife and child. Our medium to long term plan is to move back to the Philippines living in a provincial city.

We spent a number of months travelling the lovely islands and our short list of places to live was Iloilo, Bacolod, Dumaguete, Puerta Princessa, Bohol, Cagayan De Oro. Purchase costs are increasing at a rapid rate and with the exchange rate unfavourable I want to buy a sub division plot so at least we have something 'banked' for the future.

I am currently looking at an Ayala development near Bacolod 'North Point'

I was wondering if anyone in the UK has a plot for sale in the Philippines ?? the advantage would be that I can pay in £ . Of course clean title etc would be required.

If anyone has any advice/comments as to buying a sub division plot, it would be appreciated

Happy New Year

Steve

grahamw48
3rd January 2013, 00:46
If you're just buying a plot, beware of squatters.

Fred on here might be able to advise, as he does own some property in the Phils I believe. :Erm:

fred
3rd January 2013, 02:21
Sub division lots are not really my thing..Its simply a way of buying over priced land..
If you are buying into a new project it can also be a huge risk as you can never be sure just how well these schemes may develop or just how well the sub div will be managed and maintained..

We have one of these things just open its gates here on Panglao.. In that area,titled land can be had for around 1k per sqr mtr.

Now look at the price of a 120 sqr meter shoe box inside this posh looking sub div..HIDALGO ROYALE , PRICE = 2,418,000.00 PHP 2BR/1CR FLOOR AREA = 45 SQM, LOT AREA = 120 SQM......45 Sqr mtrs??? Ouch..I think I just banged my head just trying to go through the front door.

PALACIOS GRANDE, PRICE = 3,686,000.00 PHP 4BR/2CR FLOOR AREA = 87 SQM, LOT AREA = 120 SQM

I think Im in the wrong game...
Looks like someone is cleaning up!!

To the OP.. I have some titled land here for sale but Im not sure its what you are after..

stevewool
3rd January 2013, 08:24
where is the land fred, what is the size and costing too,

Stevek
3rd January 2013, 09:30
Thanks for reply Fred, if you do want to sell some land then I would be interested.

I am currently looking at the Ayala North point development just outside Bacolod, I have been to see it and they have done a good job. The idea is it will be an integrated development with hyper market/shopping mall/commercial development. Of course plots are not cheap they are selling a few last lots at 6490/m2 (phase3) its now at phase 4 7000/m2. Every phase gets sold out and they increase the price for every phase.

fred
3rd January 2013, 11:11
where is the land fred, what is the size and costing too,

We have a 6,000 sqr mtr lot next to us which we will eventually sub divide at the buyers expense..Im not sure of the latest prices but still around the 1000 Peso per sqr meter mark.. Our place is 400 Meters from the main road so very quiet.. Carol singers have trouble finding us!
There`s also a nice 500 meter lot with a view of the sea,Cebu,bohol,mangroves etc and even Tagbilaran which we have had for about 5 years now..Those types of lots with a view are quite rare these days as foreigners have snapped them all up and the price is 2.5000/3000 per sq mtr now..
Our beach lot was bought for 3k per sqr 4 years ago.. Very hard to find now and the price these days is 7,000 plus on the Doljo side..12/15k per sqr mtr on Alona beach..
You can find cheaper lots here but there are often problems associated with them.. They are always Tax Declaration lots (no title) and issues with access etc..
Buyer beware but there are still a lot of good deals to be done if you are willing to put in the time and effort to find them and research land history,liens,family inheritance issues etc..
Once you have done all that and more then apply for the title yourself..
Bobs your uncle...Fannies your Aunt..
Cheers,

Fred.

Stevek
3rd January 2013, 15:12
Hi Fred

Thanks for the reply, If you want to sell I would be interested in the 500m2 plot with a view or a similar sized plot next to you. Can you give me some details, location, services etc, rough idea of development costs?

Can I give you my e mail address?

Thanks
Steve

fred
3rd January 2013, 16:40
Hi Fred

Thanks for the reply, If you want to sell I would be interested in the 500m2 plot with a view or a similar sized plot next to you. Can you give me some details, location, services etc, rough idea of development costs?

Can I give you my e mail address?

Thanks
Steve

Sure Steve... Best to send it to me via PM..
Cheers,
Fred.

irishman12
3rd January 2013, 22:53
fred -doubt he can pm you as only got 40 posts ,stevek-if u want to e-mail me look for my e-mail on profile ,maybe have some suggestions

alesypalsy
3rd January 2013, 23:05
Hi Everyone

I am living in the UK right now with my Filipina wife and child. Our medium to long term plan is to move back to the Philippines living in a provincial city.

We spent a number of months travelling the lovely islands and our short list of places to live was Iloilo, Bacolod, Dumaguete, Puerta Princessa, Bohol, Cagayan De Oro. Purchase costs are increasing at a rapid rate and with the exchange rate unfavourable I want to buy a sub division plot so at least we have something 'banked' for the future.

I was wondering if anyone in the UK has a plot for sale in the Philippines ?? the advantage would be that I can pay in £ . Of course clean title etc would be required.

If anyone has any advice/comments as to buying a sub division plot, it would be appreciated

Happy New Year

Steve

Hi Steve,
Maybe i can give you a bit of a choice also if you are interested in the Dumaguete area, I got a uk friend with land with a house on it in Dauin, It looking like he maybe staying in uk after all and not going to live there as they got 2 young kids,
the lot is about 1500 sqm beachfront, really nice it is ,has 4 bedroom house,fruit trees,coconut trees, clean titled, value only going one way and i know he would like payment in GBP rather then change back to pesos,
he wants 78,000GBP for it, not sub division but a lot better area and peacefull, i have been there a few times

if you want more details pictures etc let me know, i dont think i can send pm but can give you my email

anyway not trying to annoy fred here, just giving you a few choices,

irishman12
4th January 2013, 00:06
only 78000 pound? e-mail me quick:yikes:

fred
4th January 2013, 02:16
anyway not trying to annoy fred here, just giving you a few choices,

:icon_lol:
Dont be daft!!
Im in no rush to sell anything and I would advise Steve to look at as many different options as possible until he finds what REALLY suits him..
Why not post pictures here.. I`d like to see the place you describe myself!
Cheers,
Fred.

jake
4th January 2013, 04:01
Think i might pop down to Bohol and buy some land then sell it too foreigners at double the price in the next few years:icon_lol:
You have been given some good advice by Fred and try to remember it before entering into deals as its not always as plain sailing as it seems.

Stevek
4th January 2013, 17:22
Hi All

Thanks for the advice

Irishman - The yahoo address did not work so I have sent a message through facebook

Fred - I cannot PM you but I have sent you a message

Cheers
Steve

alesypalsy
11th January 2013, 16:49
Think i might pop down to Bohol and buy some land then sell it too foreigners at double the price in the next few years:icon_lol:
You have been given some good advice by Fred and try to remember it before entering into deals as its not always as plain sailing as it seems.

Surprisingly you may of noticed house prices have gone up quite a bit in the Uk and massively in most of asia,

The philippines is down in the property markets now as the next boom to come, It is still a couple of years behind the rest of asia but is getting there, example Angeles city, fort bonifacio manila,
The sleeping tiger

Have you seen the building going on all over the country?

To not buy now would only be a regretful decision if its for the long term as the country is slowly getting sorted out, with land titles now in the PH they are nationally recorded on a data base , yes computerized so can be checked a lot easier now.
Koreans and Chinese are also massive buyers of property in the PH now , prices seem expensive to euro and dollar economies due to the drop in our exchange, but if it was still 100p to £1 would the prices still seem expensive? no way! but for the Yuan and Won and other asian currencys PH is a excellent alternative to their local markets,
Watch the philppines , there are still excellent opportunitys there, and a excellent base with flights all over asia

alesypalsy
11th January 2013, 17:06
:icon_lol:
Dont be daft!!
Im in no rush to sell anything and I would advise Steve to look at as many different options as possible until he finds what REALLY suits him..
Why not post pictures here.. I`d like to see the place you describe myself!
Cheers,
Fred.

Hi Fred, i think hes waiting a little while to market it properly, but when he does i will get some pictures up,
hes waiting to return to the phils at the moment,

I went to bohol a couple of years back, really nice place, stayed at kayla's beach resort, it was quite a way from the main centre,

heres the link to the place, i bet u know it fred? http://kaylaa.com/

fred
12th January 2013, 01:25
heres the link to the place, i bet u know it fred? http://kaylaa.com/

yeah we used to go up there on Sundays for his booze blues and burger do`s..
Its about 45 mins drive from Tagbilaran..
He`s a bit pricey and Its too far isolated for most tourists but it may suit some!
I know a Yank that has a really nice sports fishing boat arriving soon from Subic.. I think Kaayla owner is his new partner so expect to see fishing trips for rich people to be advertised on that site soon..

stevewool
12th January 2013, 12:47
if i plane to say live around bohol for say 10/15 years then move on is it worth going down the buying route or just rent,

Ako Si Jamie
12th January 2013, 13:01
Even if I had the money I wouldn't buy a property in an area I vaguely knew. I'd rent for a year or two and then decide.

grahamw48
12th January 2013, 13:36
I agree. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
12th January 2013, 14:46
if i plane to say live around bohol for say 10/15 years then move on is it worth going down the buying route or just rent,
that would be nice living in a plane -u could go where you want

grahamw48
12th January 2013, 14:59

Do you EVER have anything positive to contribute, or are you just here to antagonise people, take the piss, or pass clever-dick comments ?

Not funny.

irishman12
12th January 2013, 15:46
who says its not funny -looks like you dont have a sense of humour ,i suppose punching someone in the face is funny to you and telling people they cant drink on a plane-i have the same right to post comments as you :airline::airline::airline:

grahamw48
12th January 2013, 15:54
No, punching people on a plane is not funny, but it served its purpose and I would do it again if driven to it by someone upsetting my kids. Nothing whatsoever to do with you being downright rude to Steve though.

You understand exactly what I'm saying, but carry on if you want....and you were whining about not being a 'respected member' for long enough. I wonder why that was, eh ? :icon_rolleyes:

None of us have any RIGHTS on here, but I would expect people to at least be polite and not take the piss out of somebody's spelling. How childish is that ?

irishman12
12th January 2013, 17:46
well u seem to be pretty good at whining,i never asked to be a respected member but if some have the right to send messages to other members then that shouldnt be denied to new members ,if steve has a problem with my post -then let him take issue with it ,Dont u think it would upset your kids more if you too were removed from the plane for attacking another passenger ,if you want to be polite then dont interfere in matters that dont concern you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
12th January 2013, 18:04
Everything in this world concerns me. :smile:

stevewool
12th January 2013, 19:21

yes my spelling is not the best but hey thats my fault

stevewool
12th January 2013, 19:22
Do you EVER have anything positive to contribute, or are you just here to antagonise people, take the piss, or pass clever-dick comments ?

Not funny.
thanks Graham but i knew what i ment and so do others, but if my spelling does upset people well dont read it then

stevewool
12th January 2013, 19:26
who says its not funny -looks like you dont have a sense of humour ,i suppose punching someone in the face is funny to you and telling people they cant drink on a plane-i have the same right to post comments as you :airline::airline::airline:

its only funny if all parties are happy with the outcome, like i said it does not bother me at all, i try to get across to people on this forum what i feel and i hope it comes across like that, we all cannot be good at everything, spelling and ex wives are my weaknesses plus chocolate, ups forgot dreaming too, so lets all be friends and be kind to each other, remember you dont have to love each other just be kind

stevewool
12th January 2013, 19:32
Nothing whatsoever to do with you being downright rude to Steve though.

eye have knot tuk hit theis wa hat hall Grayham,theair his mor two lif then fhalling howt over littul fings lick this

stevewool
12th January 2013, 19:34
thanks boys that has just pushed me up the scale of 6957 in replies,thanks any chance of a rep or two also:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
13th January 2013, 00:30
Nothing whatsoever to do with you being downright rude to Steve though.

eye have knot tuk hit theis wa hat hall Grayham,theair his mor two lif then fhalling howt over littul fings lick this

:xxgrinning--00xx3: good you can see my comment wasnt trying to be rude, sure we can all make mistakes and i'd gladly try to assist you in anything related to philippines, yes there are more things to life and even the loss of life - like this girl who passed away yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/eu.ka.9?ref=ts&........ https://www.facebook.com/groups/MindanaoSanta/?ref=ts&........

Arthur Little
13th January 2013, 01:32
https://www.facebook.com/eu.ka.9?ref=ts&........ https://www.facebook.com/groups/MindanaoSanta/?ref=ts&........

It's truly sad, so terribly sad :bigcry: to read these links. None of us (as far as I'm aware) knew this poor girl ... but that needn't stop members here - who happen to have since become aware of her passing - from extending their heartfelt sympathy to the grieving family through their thoughts and/or prayers.

May she rest in peace.

jake
13th January 2013, 05:26
yes my spelling is not the best but hey thats my fault

Steve,

Your spelling,grammar or whatever it is called is NOT your fault. Mine is even worse:smile:
Some people don't seem to understand that as much as we try there isn't much we can do to change it.
Ive met people who are supposedly intelligent because of there academic skills and they are not capable of doing some basic skills!
Good on you for seeing the funny side and Graham for standing up for us dummies!!

fred
13th January 2013, 06:23
Steve,

Your spelling,grammar or whatever it is called is NOT your fault. Mine is even worse:smile:
Some people don't seem to understand that as much as we try there isn't much we can do to change it.
Ive met people who are supposedly intelligent because of there academic skills and they are not capable of doing some basic skills!
Good on you for seeing the funny side and Graham for standing up for us dummies!!

There is something that I can do about my atrocious spelling!! I always set my browser on auto correct..After typing a post there is usually 3 or 4 red lines under badly spelled words.. A quick right click and select makes me look reasonably literate every time!
Now I wonder who else will own up to overusing this wonderful browser feature?:icon_lol:

jake
13th January 2013, 07:51
There is something that I can do about my atrocious spelling!! I always set my browser on auto correct..After typing a post there is usually 3 or 4 red lines under badly spelled words.. A quick right click and select makes me look reasonably literate every time!
Now I wonder who else will own up to overusing this wonderful browser feature?:icon_lol:

It works for my spelling but not the grammar. Is it called grammar :Erm::smile:

Guess the point i was trying to make is some us cant differentiate ( thanks auto browser ) between similar sounding words and its not due to laziness or a bad education.

Ann1984
13th January 2013, 08:14
Hi Everyone

Happy New Year

Steve

Hello Steve, happy new year to you too!
i just sharing i am looking a plot in Bohol cost 400 per sq.m. size 172.83 sq. m. its good price, since the place its very nice closer to the highway. then from the highway you walk 10 minutes, then you seeing a ladder.this ladder is a way to sea. good to built a cottage type house.

Anna

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:19
Now I wonder who else will own up to overusing this wonderful browser feature?:icon_lol: i often wonder why i have those little red lines, now i know what they are for, there you go just press the right click, you learn something new everyday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:21
It works for my spelling but not the grammar. Is it called grammar :Erm::smile:

Guess the point i was trying to make is some us cant differentiate ( thanks auto browser ) between similar sounding words and its not due to laziness or a bad education. thats my problem but you do not realize until you read it once you have posted it, my worst words are, no, now, know easy when you look at them harder when typing them

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:23
Hello Steve, happy new year to you too!
i just sharing i am looking a plot in Bohol cost 400 per sq.m. size 172.83 sq. m. its good price, since the place its very nice closer to the highway. then from the highway you walk 10 minutes, then you seeing a ladder.this ladder is a way to sea. good to built a cottage type house.

Anna

hi Anna are you buying this yourself or selling, and where abouts in Bohol too

jake
13th January 2013, 08:30
thats my problem but you do not realize until you read it once you have posted it, my worst words are, no, now, know easy when you look at them harder when typing them

:xxgrinning--00xx3: have exactly the same problem. Ah well least we have got Clint on our side :icon_lol:

Ann1984
13th January 2013, 08:34
hi Anna are you buying this yourself or selling, and where abouts in Bohol too

hi steve, i will buy the plot, its a good price, you familiar cuasi loon in bohol?? i go there on day 19th to see, if i like the surrounding we purchase the 2 plots. same size 172.83 sq.m.

cheers.

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2013, 08:35
Now I wonder who else will own up to overusing this wonderful browser feature?:icon_lol:I do admit to putting red underlined words into google now and again. Actually, my spelling has got worse over the years although my grammar and punctuation usually lets me down more. To this day I still don't know what a semi-colon is meant for. :cwm3:

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:37
hi steve, i will buy the plot, its a good price, you familiar cuasi loon in bohol?? i go there on day 19th to see, if i like the surrounding we purchase the 2 plots. same size 172.83 sq.m.

cheers.
wow i envy you wish we was there too ready to buy and plan our dreams, make sure you take some pictures

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:40
To this day I still don't know what a semi-colon is meant for. :cwm3:

aint that something that ends up finnishing in your bottom, i hate commas too, FULL STOP:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ann1984
13th January 2013, 08:40
when we purchase this plot in bohol. maybe after 3 years we start building. good to spend time vacation. the atmosphere very nice.. if the other plot owned by old lady and we interested also this plot, now i am dealing her plot in bohol, If she sell for me only 400 sq.m or 500 sq.m we would be happy, but she selling for us overprice. i cant bit it. she wish to sell her plot 800-1,000 per sq.m. its to expensive for me.. i just learning to dealing like this situation you must be wiser and clever.

Anna

Ann1984
13th January 2013, 08:44
wow i envy you wish we was there too ready to buy and plan our dreams, make sure you take some pictures

yeah i will do steve. you must be hurry now. for sure you can still purchase a cheaper, a lot here still cheap, i only suggest not good to buy in subdivision houses, much better buy plot then built, the material use in subdivision not good quality. just a little earthquake the wall cracking.:icon_lol:

i had an experience about this. then they sell very very expensive.

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2013, 08:45
To this day I still don't know what a semi-colon is meant for. :cwm3:

aint that something that ends up finishing in your bottom, i hate commas too, FULLSTOP :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

There, their and they're can be a problem too AND too/to. Have to think about those ones.

stevewool
13th January 2013, 08:51
when we purchase this plot in bohol. maybe after 3 years we start building. good to spend time vacation. the atmosphere very nice.. if the other plot owned by old lady and we interested also this plot, now i am dealing her plot in bohol, If she sell for me only 400 sq.m or 500 sq.m we would be happy, but she selling for us overprice. i cant bit it. she wish to sell her plot 800-1,000 per sq.m. its to expensive for me.. i just learning to dealing like this situation you must be wiser and clever.

Anna
BOHOL IS THE PLACE TO BUY FOR US BUT YOU HAVE TO BE OVER THERE TO SEE THE PLACE, UPS SORRY CAPITOLS,i would love 1000sq mtrs but its buying it now and making it safe till we move over there, you are lucky

fred
13th January 2013, 12:03

cheers.

I know a couple of English guys up there in Loon.. Nice area but a bit too far away from Tab B for me. Last time we drove up there for a fiesta Im sure it was about an hours drive.

Ann1984
13th January 2013, 13:52
I know a couple of English guys up there in Loon.. Nice area but a bit too far away from Tab B for me. Last time we drove up there for a fiesta Im sure it was about an hours drive.

1 hour away its ok as long as its a quite place and good location its not bother. the important is a place not to much crowded and noise with buses, vehicles not good at night. we will see then, as long as i like the location we purchase 2 plot. good to built there and spent time vacation i will not no doubt with this..

stevewool
13th January 2013, 15:12
well bohol is a beautiful place i think, it will suit me ans emma , a place to call home