PDA

View Full Version : Which team?

Alan
16th August 2007, 19:21
Well, a flying start for Oldham with one win in the league and a win in the League Cup.

I was wondering though, I have found out a few of the 'supported teams' already - but let's have a look at who everyone supports. Who will come out best supported team on 'filipinouk?'

Will it be United - Liverpool - Chelski - Oldham - Cleethorpes Womens' Guild F.C.?

Tell us who is your team.

Al.

KeithD
16th August 2007, 21:37
Liverpool V Chelsea.....let the battle commence....

Man U & Arsenal to fight out 3rd & 4th

Tottenham for relegation

tommyw
16th August 2007, 22:02
Come on the Celtic. Took Lyn when she first came to Scotland, she loved it!!

Yossarian
17th August 2007, 08:40
Scunthorpe - the team on the move, onward and upward. :Hellooo: :BouncyHappy:

Come on you claret and blue wizzaaaaaaaards! :cwm12:

tiger@tigress
17th August 2007, 11:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3: New castle here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
18th August 2007, 00:26
Boo

tiger@tigress
18th August 2007, 09:43
Boo

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: ~~~~~~~~~~~ :furious3:

Alan
18th August 2007, 18:17
From Brunton Park

Result - Carlisle United 1 - Oldham Athletic 0

On a windswept afternoon in the most inhospitable place in the whole world, supporters of both teams witnessed the most shocking refereeing display in the history of the professional game.
In a match which saw a graceful, professional and brilliant Oldham dominate by having 97% of the play - a totally incompetent and utterly disgraceful set of match officials allowed Carlisle to celebrate a completely undeserved single-goal victory.

Oldham were denied 14 clearly perfect goals by criminal decisions such as offside - foul on the 'keeper and challenging the Carlisle players on different parts of the head.

Carlisle were awarded a goal shortly before half time when, quite clearly, 8 of their players were at least 26 yards offside.

The referee was seen accepting a substantial cheque from the Carlisle manager after the full time whistle.

Still, the Oldham players did not complain - John Sheridan - the Oldham manager simply remarking that maybe we shall have a bit more luck next week. What a hero - and what a team!!

They are a credit to the professional game.

This is Alan Clegg - filipinouk news - Brunton Park - and completely neutral! :)

andypaul
18th August 2007, 20:10
Well Tottenham here we decided to give everyone a head start and it looks like our Chairman Levy still looking to replace Jol:omg:

Blueberry
18th August 2007, 20:59
Come on you spurs,get in there !!!:)

andypaul
18th August 2007, 22:19
Come on you spurs,get in there !!!:)

Looks like We may have a new manager Ramos (Sevila) if the rumours are to be belived very soon:Erm:

Blueberry
22nd August 2007, 14:44
Hi andy,
Personally i like Jol he has atleast been consistent since he has been the manager,i'm not sure he is going anywhere just yet,you know what the papers are like.I think the guy deserves abit more time to see wether he can improve on the 2 previous years now that the team has been built up,it's still early days....:)

les_taxi
22nd August 2007, 17:43
man utd the champions
chelsea will be 2nd
liverpool 3rd
arsenal 4th
gosh this is easy!!!:)

this includes ahem recent results,ok poor start but played well enough to win at least 2 out of 3.

aromulus
22nd August 2007, 18:20
man utd the champions
chelsea will be 2nd
liverpool 3rd
arsenal 4th
gosh this is easy!!!:)

this includes ahem recent results,ok poor start but played well enough to win at least 2 out of 3.

Some optimism here............. Very refreshing to observe....:NoNo:

Tottenham have a lot to prove, so I dont think UTD is going to win, maybe a draw.

City after the good start, will try to get some points at the Emirates, but Wenger is not going to be too helpful there.

Keane has got a bone to pick with the scousers since Man Utd days, so, thats another one that will cause some problems...

Chelsea... For how much I want them to win... They are going to have lots of problems this week-end......
But I am sure that Rom will find some petty cash somewhere, for the ref, to adjust the result...:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I can just imagine Wigan in the top 4...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
22nd August 2007, 21:03
Hi andy,
Personally i like Jol he has atleast been consistent since he has been the manager,i'm not sure he is going anywhere just yet,you know what the papers are like.I think the guy deserves abit more time to see wether he can improve on the 2 previous years now that the team has been built up,it's still early days....:)

Think Jol is a breathe of fresh air since he took over from santini.
I think Jol is learning as he goes and would like to see him there for a few years, after 3 years Fergie had yet to win anything and was closer to the sack than a knighthood.

Hearing allsorts of rumours but Jol was close to the sack as the board not happy with him chatting to Newcastle on the sly. Jol not budging as of yet as he is due quite a few million if he is pushed rather than jumps himself.

Be intresting how the team react at the weekend.

COYS

Alan
26th August 2007, 20:14
:ARsurrender: R.I.P. Oldham Athletic. :bigcry::doh

KeithD
26th August 2007, 20:40
I see Man U had to cheat to get a result.....yet again the ref's won't give pens at Old Trafford....

aromulus
26th August 2007, 23:03
I see Man U had to cheat to get a result.....yet again the ref's won't give pens at Old Trafford....

Would go against the grain, I suppose...

joebloggs
27th August 2007, 00:50

oh sour grapes, :bigcry:
they dominated each game they played upto now, even the ones they lost, so they were unlucky to lose them, and if you think that was a penalty then they were lucky to win that game.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:, evens it self out..

your just crying caz you didnt get heinze

oh and on that
'An angry Alex Ferguson has vowed Manchester United will not let Liverpool 'get off' with any dishonourable conduct in the Gabriel Heinze affair.'

:NoNo::cwm24::NoNo::angry:

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
27th August 2007, 08:56
We don't need Heinze...doing quite well thanks, we get points even when other teams cheat against us.......and Man U have to have players use there arms to prevent goals to scrape a win :NoNo:

Liverpool & Chelsea will be fighting for the Premiership.....Arsenal & Man U for 3 & 4th. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
27th August 2007, 12:57
Is it true only 7 pens awarded agaisnt man utd in 15 years at old trafford?

les_taxi
27th August 2007, 21:03
one of the reasons why not many pens conceded at old trafford-the opposition rarely in our box,we usually camped in theirs! when liverpool (if anyone has long memories lol) were the team they conceded few penalties at home!

claire
30th August 2007, 10:45
wow i love Hibees ever!!!!! since i camee here in Scotland, i started to love scottish football ever!!!! ive been watched 5 games for hibernian hometown game with my husband, imagine the stadium was just a 50meters from our home.....

Sometimes , i shouted at the window to our rival fans, saying boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhah just it makes me laugh doing that,,,,
any comments about my Hibees team????

tommyw
30th August 2007, 14:44
Claire, you're lucky living there as you must be very near the Filipino shop too. We intend to visit it sometime. Regards, Tommy and Lyn.

tommyw
30th August 2007, 14:45
PS Claire, we're both Celtic fans. Great night for us last night but I've no fingernails left!! Come on the hoops!!!!!!!!!!!!