View Full Version : Can I apply spouse visa abroad

ALUB
30th December 2012, 23:14
Happy New Year to all :).
I am very nervous now I really need help.... I am planning to apply settlement visa but my questions are I'm a filipino working in saudi and i want to apply here in saudi is it possible? Do i need to go back to philippines to apply spouse visa? I know it will take 3 to 6 months for the visa to come and still not sure if they will stamp my passport with visa.
Do you know any filipino in other country who do same thing like applying in the country like uae or qatar and saudi ? what documents needed ....I will appreciate any help now...

joebloggs
30th December 2012, 23:48
you can apply from any country where you are legal resident.

ALUB
31st December 2012, 04:09
I am not legal resident here in saudi i have only working visa for 1 year so it means i need go back to philippines to apply spouse visa. If i email the visa section in british embassy do they respond to email?

RickyR
31st December 2012, 04:50
ALUB, a one year working visa means that you are legally resident in Saudi Arabia and its your place of abode until the completion of your contract. You should be able to apply in Saudi Arabia if you have all the documents you need with you. You can get in touch with the embassy to confirm, but in all honesty you should be fine http://ukinsaudiarabia.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact/
Bear in mind you will need to submit your passport for up to 2 months (although there are ways around this).

joebloggs
31st December 2012, 08:21
I am not legal resident here in saudi i have only working visa for 1 year so it means i need go back to philippines to apply spouse visa. If i email the visa section in british embassy do they respond to email?

ALUB, a one year working visa means that you are legally resident in Saudi Arabia and its your place of abode until the completion of your contract. You should be able to apply in Saudi Arabia if you have all the documents you need with you. You can get in touch with the embassy to confirm, but in all honesty you should be fine http://ukinsaudiarabia.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact/
Bear in mind you will need to submit your passport for up to 2 months (although there are ways around this).

as Ricky has said, you should be able to apply for a visa in Saudi Arabia, as long as your not on a visit visa etc. how long have you left on your visa before it expires ? i dont think it will take 6 months to process it, probably not much demand for visa's at the British Embassy there compared to the Phils.

yes they will repsond to your email or even better give them a call.

ALUB
31st December 2012, 16:08
thanks for the info rickyr i have a yearly contract and it is renewable if i wanted to stay more. i will give them a call wish me luck

ALUB
31st December 2012, 16:19
i came here last sept 2012 i still have 7 to 8 months left to stay here i can extend my contract if i wanted too. i really apreciated all the help you can give me now......happy new year to all....:Jump:

ALUB
8th January 2013, 17:22
Hi to all again
I need to ask do i need to get medical certificate also here in saudi when applying settlement visa? I look in the site but i cant find it and where to go just incase it needed? Do i need x-ray only or should i do TB test also? It's hard for me i need to fly from my place to jeddah just to do all of these. I really need help if i only have x-ray result are they going to test me in uk once i'm there?