PDA

View Full Version : thoughts to ponder...

Moy
28th December 2012, 20:38
after from a very long time at work today :cwm3::wink: i was on the hot bath few minutes ago and while there i got this kind of thingking its a silly daft question but it does make you realized of some thoughts..for wives here i mean filipinas wives/partner whose partner are english of course:biggrin: do you imagine yourself putting your other half/husband/partner on carehome when the time comes that you both retired:Erm: regardless of the culture:Jump: now here in England which the elderly are very commonly on carehome anyway:icon_rolleyes:

Tawi2
28th December 2012, 20:45
do you imagine yourself putting your other half/husband/partner on carehome
If this is an introspective rhetorical question moy I suggest you let your husband read it :ReadIt: It will give him time to pack and escape :cwm25:

Moy
28th December 2012, 20:49
If this is an introspective rhetorical question moy I suggest you let your husband read it :ReadIt: It will give him time to pack and escape :cwm25:
:laugher::action-smiley-081: it was just a question as you know i been from work and when you watch all those folks there and there family who visit them today..you would feel they love them dearly ..you could feel it but for some reason they still manage to let there love ones to be care by other people ..i mean i could understand there might be some behind reason apart from that :anerikke:

Tawi2
28th December 2012, 20:53
Ahhhh,thanks for clearing that up Moy,I quite worried for Mr Moy there for a short while,I envisaged him making a one way trip somewhere against his will :cwm25: I do apologise :anerikke:

grahamw48
28th December 2012, 20:55
:laugher:

They can stick me in a care home, no probs; waited on hand and foot, no cleaning to do and a nice sing -song each day of 'roll out the barrel' or some other great rock anthem. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My mum is 85, looks after herself perfectly well, alone in her own house, though we do keep an eye on her of course. :smile:

I'm 100% certain that I or one of my siblings would take care of her before ever thinking of consigning her to some old folks home. :NoNo:

My sister teaches the nursing degree course anyway, and is an experienced District Nurse and Health Visitor too, so our mum will be well cared for. :smile:

Moy
28th December 2012, 20:55
Ahhhh,thanks for clearing that up Moy,I quite worried for Mr Moy there for a short while,I envisaged him making a one way trip somewhere against his will :cwm25: I do apologise :anerikke:
:icon_lol: i would take my other half of course to warm sunny Philippines when time comes and we could make our simple mud hut house:biggrin:

grahamw48
28th December 2012, 20:57
Actually, that is my plan. :biggrin:

bhem_bhem
28th December 2012, 21:02
for me, i'll never put my hubby on a care home. i worked as a care assistant so i'm fully aware what's happening round the care home. i will never trust anyone to look after my hubby and with my in laws as well.

well,, i'm older than my hubby and though i know that he won't put me on a care home, i made myself clear that i'll never ever stay in a care home.

Moy
28th December 2012, 21:04
Actually, that is my plan. :biggrin:

:yikes::action-smiley-081::laugher: will be neighbor then and to finally sEE mRS mOY (me):grosyeux::laugher::action-smiley-081:

Moy
28th December 2012, 21:10
for me, i'll never put my hubby on a care home. i worked as a care assistant so i'm fully aware what's happening round the care home. i will never trust anyone to look after my hubby and with my in laws as well.

well,, i'm older than my hubby and though i know that he won't put me on a care home, i made myself clear that i'll never ever stay in a care home.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
29th December 2012, 01:05
I won't put Keith in a care home..:xxgrinning--00xx3: he's too fussy to be there and I'm sure they won't accept him as he's too demanding...haha..:icon_lol: he would want to be in a hotel in Las Vegas with staff of his own if he'd have a choice..:icon_rolleyes:

grahamw48
29th December 2012, 01:14
:icon_lol: i would take my other half of course to warm sunny Philippines when time comes and we could make our simple mud hut house:biggrin:

I'll be building mine next to Fred's. :biggrin:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3455/bedrockarizona550x411.jpg

Terpe
29th December 2012, 18:35
I'm rather hoping my extended family in Pinas will take care of me :Erm:

My wife also works in a care home and knows very well what goes on.... and what doesn't.

I doubt that many members here would want that kind of life if they knew the hard facts. :NoNo:

I certainly do not. :censored:

mickmyrna
29th December 2012, 19:03
I don't like to put my husband in a care home ... we go back to Philippines to live when he retired and i am the one who look after him as long as i can because he is my baby ....:smile: Myrna

grahamw48
29th December 2012, 19:24
Awwww....how sweet. :biggrin:

lordna
29th December 2012, 21:30
Well i plan to be in the Philippines and my wife says she will get me a nurse! sounds great as i had an 18 year old in mind but she says about 58 is more like it!

Terpe
29th December 2012, 21:58
Well i plan to be in the Philippines and my wife says she will get me a nurse! sounds great as i had an 18 year old in mind but she says about 58 is more like it!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I also tease my wife with the same story. :olddude:

Often it backfires :icon_rolleyes:

But, in reality it's not so uncommon as you might imagine. :wink:

joebloggs
29th December 2012, 21:59
how many people on here can afford to quit their job and care for their spouse that's if they have a job, and if you don't work what will you live off if your spouse is no longer able to work :Erm:

Moy
29th December 2012, 22:01
how many people on here can afford to quit their job and care for their spouse that's if they have a job, and if you don't work what will you live off if your spouse is no longer able to work :Erm:
just merely reading that Joe makes me stress already:cwm3::bigcry::Help1:

joebloggs
29th December 2012, 22:08
just merely reading that Joe makes me stress already:cwm3::bigcry::Help1:

:icon_lol: lets hope it never happens Ros, you never know whats around the corner :yikes:

your recent problems Ros have caused you stress, makes your physical condition even worse :NoNo:

you need to relax and go and see your GP again. hopefully next year will be a better year for you :smile:

Tawi2
29th December 2012, 22:22
Theres a decent sized carehome being built near silvermere golfcourse,the billboard advertises 77 rooms,fantastic setting in a beautiful area,it looks like the sort of place you would have to sell a kidney to finance a month in,but if I close my eyes and imagine hard enough I can almost see the care-givers :hubbahubba:

Terpe
29th December 2012, 22:36
..........if I close my eyes and imagine hard enough I can almost see the care-givers :hubbahubba:

Dreams .

You need to imagine the western carers on minimum wage whose only motivation is a paid job, with no 'over the shoulder' supervision and as many smoking breaks as possible.
Do you image they care a single tot that your sitting in your own excrement and haven't had a bath or wash since last Saturday?

Dreams. Keep them in you mind. It might help

Tawi2
29th December 2012, 22:48
Yeah,reality sure is a bummer :icon_lol:

joebloggs
29th December 2012, 22:49
Peter, my moms been in a care home for more than 6yrs, I've known the manageress for those 6 yrs, shes a registered nurse and the home she runs as far as i can tell is nothing like that.

sure some who work in care homes don't give a :censored:, but many are professionals and do care.

as for bath and wash, can you tell me what your wife or the care home does if the person refuses ?

Moy
30th December 2012, 19:49
:icon_lol: lets hope it never happens Ros, you never know whats around the corner :yikes:

your recent problems Ros have caused you stress, makes your physical condition even worse :NoNo:

you need to relax and go and see your GP again. hopefully next year will be a better year for you :smile:

i can only hope Joe:cwm25: and touch the wood..(i mean real:Rasp::olddude: wood:cwm24::biggrin: all will be fine:wink: