PDA

View Full Version : Temping agencies

Gary
18th October 2005, 13:47
I donb't know if any of you have considered this or if anyone has tried to use a temping agency before, but i have been using Manpower temping agency for a number of years...

I've been living in France for nearly 4 years now and regularly return to UK for work using Manpower services.
They've been a great help and providing that you do the work you're given or are available to do then they will always try their best to place you if you ever leave employment or want to change the job.

The principle is the same for most agencies. You need your National Insurance number, ID, address, bank account details and some references. Some agencies require a CV but not all.

They carry out a small interview with you, which varies from agency to agency.
They talk with you about your skills and what you are looking for, hours and days you are available for work etc.

Then you supply them with your phone number and sit back and wait for them to call you with any jobs that become available.

Sometimes this can be a bit frustrating as you sit there being able to work yet can't due to availability. Don't worry though. you can always contact te office as sometimes work turns up just before you call them...

On other occasions you might only get a days work or a weeks work, though it is not unusual for a company that you are currently posted wih to take you on as a full time employee.

manpower office in Plymouth, Devon...

Manpower UK ltd.
178-184 Armada way,
Plymouth,
Devon
PL1 1LD

tel; 01752 669644

I have a few more numbers here but not addresses... You'll have to speak to the companies themselves to find out what services they can provide. I did have a huge list of all agencies with address and numbers and what departments they cater for.I'll try to post that once I get to UK and get sorted out myself.

Kernow employment agency 01752 600255

Ranstead employment agency 01752 825940

Weststaff employment agency 01752 225326

I apologise for not having any other contact numbers for these agencies across the UK, but if need be you can phone these numbers and ask for the number of the nearest office to you... most of these agencies have offices scattered across UK.