PDA

View Full Version : Car Camera DVR

joebloggs
23rd December 2012, 18:21
just been out in my brothers van, he does a lot of driving, and he showed me ones of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=car+dvr&_sacat=0&_odkw=car+camera+dvr&_osacat=0&_from=R40

not sure which one he bought, but he told me it cost only £15, pretty amazing for the price and could be useful Les if you dont already have one, or maybe good for recording your trips in the phils ?

les_taxi
23rd December 2012, 18:51
Thats cheap!
I think it would look naff in my car though as its quite bulky,not sure if they have been given blanket approvel by all councils:Erm
(privacy issues etc)

joebloggs
23rd December 2012, 18:54
its pretty small and he had it behind his mirror.
he also had another one which looked like a smalll torch

les_taxi
23rd December 2012, 19:10
Stuff like this will become norm i think eventually probably due to insurance disputes etc (was the driver concentrating):xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th December 2012, 23:24
That's ridiculously cheap when you consider that a spare Garmin satnav bracket would probably cost that alone.:cwm24:

Lots of car mad people (like me) like such things for making vids of their outings. :smile:

Yeah, and also useful if ever you have a bump or are the target of someone else's road rage etc.
I always have my cam with me anyway...needed for work, but I do bear in mind its usefulness in other 'situations'. :)

Also used by others to record a certain person's noisy car (coming from the right). :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBq--zZ9LW0

tone
24th December 2012, 23:32
Did you see that program on BBC1 a few weeks back where cyclists and motorists filmed their trips in and around London?
There was some fearce footage on that taken by these and one cyclist in particular published his footage on YouTube to embaress the idiots.

Tone

joebloggs
24th December 2012, 23:36
Did you see that program on BBC1 a few weeks back where cyclists and motorists filmed their trips in and around London?
There was some fearce footage on that taken by these and one cyclist in particular published his footage on YouTube to embaress the idiots.

Tone

:xxgrinning--00xx3: yes i watched that to, the guy in the car punched one of them, but the cops never traced him, surely they got the number plate of the car, and if it was not the owner who punch him, prosecute the owner for with holding info if they wouldn't say who it was.

grahamw48
24th December 2012, 23:38
Yes...saw that ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fascinating stuff, and makes me glad I live up in the rather more laid back North. :NoNo:

RickyR
25th December 2012, 16:02
We have one of these fitted in Marvies Kia Sorento. It starts recording as soon as you switch on the ignition and automatically overwrites content with upto 4 hours history available

les_taxi
25th December 2012, 18:11
Not sure if we can have them-the problem being the filming of children I expect and you can inadvertently see some right sights when you turn to passengers in back to collect their money.:yikes:

grahamw48
25th December 2012, 18:15
So why do they permit them in buses ? :Erm:

les_taxi
25th December 2012, 18:38
Not sure but of course a car is a more intimate form of transport,you are not under public glare maybe?

grahamw48
25th December 2012, 22:09
I suppose so, yes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

One (tiny one) pointing forward should be ok I would have thought though. :smile:

les_taxi
26th December 2012, 13:30
http://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11101%3Aico-warns-over-cctv-in-taxis-as-council-issued-with-enforcement-notice&catid=61%3Alicensing-articles&Itemid=29

grahamw48
26th December 2012, 14:14
Ah yes, I don't think most people would be too happy about the sound recording being turned on. :NoNo:

It would be pretty boring most of the time though....taxi drivers giving their views on every subject known to man while the passengers nodded politely and looked alternately at their watch and the meter. :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
26th December 2012, 14:32
Good find Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th December 2012, 14:33
Can be exciting.

In my mate's TVR Chimaera 450. Sounds similar to being in my noisy beast too. haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgUnkm3ZE1c

les_taxi
26th December 2012, 19:18
Ah yes, I don't think most people would be too happy about the sound recording being turned on. :NoNo:

It would be pretty boring most of the time though....taxi drivers giving their views on every subject known to man while the passengers nodded politely and looked alternately at their watch and the meter. :icon_lol:
Yes my view get forced upon everybody who gets in-and I'm always right of course:laugher:

grahamw48
26th December 2012, 19:22
Never have guessed Les. :biggrin:

Clearly I'm in the wrong job. :icon_lol: