PDA

View Full Version : weather?

Moy
22nd December 2012, 17:35
horrible weather for weeks now or ill say almost everytime here in the UK:wink: IS IT NORMAL it affects someone mood:cwm3: you feel low and sad and different sort of aching in your bodythat you dont know where?:grosyeux::cwm3:
unlike when i was in th ph all sort of things you could do without the need to spend the money just to go out but here not only the weather is off but yourself felt useless everytime the boredom attacks you..terrible :cwm25::cwm3:

Ako Si Jamie
22nd December 2012, 17:43
Never as bad as this. One of the wettest years on record is 2012.

2010 was the complete opposite.

grahamw48
22nd December 2012, 17:44
A lot of people feel that way Moy...not just Filipinas.

It has been particularly miserable this year though. :NoNo:

Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D when there's not much sun about, as it's sunlight that helps the body to absorb/process it.

Egg and oily fish like Mackeral, Sardines, or even just a multivitamin pill each day. :smile:

Moy
22nd December 2012, 17:48
A lot of people feel that way Moy...not just Filipinas.

It has been particularly miserable this year though. :NoNo:

Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D when there's not much sun about, as it's sunlight that helps the body to absorb/process it.

Egg and oily fish like Mackeral, Sardines, or even just a multivitamin pill each day. :smile:

thanks for reply graham its just it bother you as normally i dont feel like this way and now for almost 3 years living here in the UK all sort of negative feelin was on my mind.. plus no sun during the day make you feel numb and slow feelin:cwm3:

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 17:55
SAD,Seasonally Acquired Depression?Low light levels and stuff? :Erm:

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 17:57
Its true,wake up in Pinas or Spain or California or Thigh'land and you feel :Jump::Jump: Wake up in blighty at 5.30am on a winters morning and its like Bloody Hell,I wish I could hibernate :bigcry:

grahamw48
22nd December 2012, 17:58
Xmas time is a bad time for a lot of people (including myself), perhaps because we have a lot of important memories at that time of the year and people and customs that we miss, especially when, as you are, a long way from our roots.

Try to be positive about all the exciting things that could be ahead in the NEW Year (even maybe an amazing long hot summer :icon_lol:...things can change like that here).

Think of all the people who are worse off than us. The little hungry kids in the world . The people dying from cancer or paralysed, in pain. :cwm3:

Our own sadness can seem not so important then...and of course, it is nearly always temporary. :smile:

Moy
22nd December 2012, 17:59
SAD,Seasonally Acquired Depression?Low light levels and stuff? :Erm:

can you explian further what does it mean tawi? i dont quitely get what you mean

grahamw48
22nd December 2012, 18:07
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 18:08
Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, also known as winter depression is an affective, or mood disorder.

Most SAD sufferers experience normal mental health throughout most of the year, but experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer.

SAD is rare, if existent at all, in the tropics, but is measurably present at latitudes of 30 degrees N (or S) and higher.

Seasonal mood variations are believed to be related mostly to daylight, not temperature.

For this reason, SAD is prevalent even in mid-latitude places with mild winters, such as Seattle and Vancouver.

People who live in the Arctic region are especially susceptible due to the effects of polar nights.

Prolonged periods of overcast weather can also exacerbate SAD.

SAD is a serious disorder, sometimes triggering dysthymia or clinical depression.

A number of treatments exist for SAD.

These include light therapies, medication, ionized-air reception and cognitive therapy.

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 18:12
SAD is rare within 30 degrees of the equator,your in devon or cornwall so your 20 degrees further north than that at around 50?Check out the test
http://www.depressedtest.com/sad.html

stevewool
22nd December 2012, 18:16
the weathers crap, but life feels great everytime i see Ems:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd December 2012, 18:19
omg:cwm3: i dont think its SAD disorder lols..it could just be am missing the sunny philippines:Jump:
so what do you do to combat those feelin of being low..sad aches and numbness throughout your body:76::wink:

Moy
22nd December 2012, 18:22
Its true,wake up in Pinas or Spain or California or Thigh'land and you feel :Jump::Jump: Wake up in blighty at 5.30am on a winters morning and its like Bloody Hell,I wish I could hibernate :bigcry:

and i think thats very true tawi and miserably missin it especially here i woke up aching and you need to go to work very terrible feelin:Brick::xxaction-smiley-047 not complaining just expressing:Erm::icon_lol:

stevewool
22nd December 2012, 18:24
get a picture of panglao and keep looking at it for 5 months that may help, plus a palm tree in your front room

Moy
22nd December 2012, 18:27
get a picture of panglao and keep looking at it for 5 months that may help, plus a palm tree in your front room

would be nice but i want a proper real good to feel weather stevewool which is very frustrating as at the moment the southwest area was been wet and windy raining today well all week mostly:cwm3:

stevewool
22nd December 2012, 18:31
just the same here in the midlands, wrap yourself up warm now if it was snowing it would be perfect,

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 18:32
so what do you do to combat those feelin of being low
Cheer yourself up,retail therapy,go shopping its almost christmas,bend the plastic,splash the cash,buy my prezzie :Jump::Jump:

Moy
22nd December 2012, 18:34
Cheer yourself up,retail therapy,go shopping its almost christmas,bend the plastic,splash the cash,buy my prezzie :Jump::Jump:

done it but i dont want the chaos in shops either ^_^

Jamesey
22nd December 2012, 18:51

I've got a big picture of Panglao framed on the living room wall. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It's this one:

http://www.art.co.uk/products/p14793322-sa-i3129671/john-pennock-lone-fisherman-at-sunset-panglao-island-bohol-philippines-central-visayas.htm

stevewool
22nd December 2012, 18:55
nice:xxgrinning--00xx3: i have 3 of which i have taken myself

joebloggs
22nd December 2012, 19:11
:yikes::NoNo: when in the phils i would be awake every hour, cant sleep in the heat, i miss the english weather you dont need aircon on 24/7 in the UK.

han
22nd December 2012, 19:39
Hello :Wave: :Wave::Wave: Moy, same here it's not that I am complaining 'bout the weather- I also think we just miss a little bit of great sun everyday :smile: :smile:
The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey :cwm25: :cwm25: as in gloomy everyday- but I know it's not only us here as what it says in the news flooding here and there. Anyways I feel a little low sometimes, it's like you don't have energy to do much, and you need money to do this and do that.. and it's getting christmas... I miss the Pinoy way of christmas, (simbang gabi) i miss my family even though I always talk to 'em on skype. aah life of a Filipina in UK eehh. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: embracing everything, including the weather. Happy Christmas everyone!

Moy
22nd December 2012, 19:47
Hello :Wave: :Wave::Wave: Moy, same here it's not that I am complaining 'bout the weather- I also think we just miss a little bit of great sun everyday :smile: :smile:
The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey :cwm25: :cwm25: as in gloomy everyday- but I know it's not only us here as what it says in the news flooding here and there. Anyways I feel a little low sometimes, it's like you don't have energy to do much, and you need money to do this and do that.. and it's getting christmas... I miss the Pinoy way of christmas, (simbang gabi) i miss my family even though I always talk to 'em on skype. aah life of a Filipina in UK eehh. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: embracing everything, including the weather. Happy Christmas everyone!
hello han:) maybe we could chat each other in here then lols..its just the feelin is terrible especially your talking alone with yourself and you miss those dialect we use to when we were in Ph..PLUS again the weatherit make feel ill at times and you wake up grey cloud no sun and cold..brrrr..:cwm3::wink::wink:

Tawi2
22nd December 2012, 19:56
The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey
Also available in full glorious technicolour but you need to buy the licence :smile:
I am glad we have four seasons in the UK (well,not really but thats what I keep telling myself :anerikke: ). :smile:

Pete/London
22nd December 2012, 21:19
Hey Moy, I also get really achy during this weather, a lot of caused by age and doing a manual, sometimes heavy job for years.
What I find helps is going to your local leisure centre and having a swim or just a paddle around in the warm water followed by a sauna or steam room. Doesn`t cost that much but it can be very beneficial.:smile:

Doc Alan
22nd December 2012, 21:55
I dealt with this topic 2 years ago – in a now closed thread.

• It's that time of year, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) affects 7 % of us in the UK ( but only to a “ clinically significant degree " in 3 % ) - and almost none in the Philippines.

We know what it is - winter depression / blues ( low mood, general loss of interest, less activity, putting on weight, sleeping more, maybe less sex drive). Commoner in younger people, especially women, it's related to the short dark days of winter (affecting body chemicals like serotonin and melatonin).

• Possible treatments include daily bright light (indoors, or outdoors where possible), "talking therapies" like cognitive behavioural therapy, and antidepressants. The ideal for many forum members might be a holiday in the Philippines with loved ones
For most of us, it's mild.

• Even doctors get SAD and - to be honest, "cognitive behavioural therapy" and antidepressants - are NOT needed in most cases.

My remedies ? - keep fit always - or at least take SOME exercise (in daylight where possible) ; keep in touch with friends ( for real and online) ; read Fred's joke thread / laughter is the best medicine ; and of course keep online checking flights for Philippines.

• The frequency of SAD does increase with increasing latitude up to a point, but does not continue increasing all the way to the poles.

I’m not aware of recent research on the topic. For some time it's been thought that an area of the brain, near the visual pathway ( the suprachiasmatic nucleus ) responds to light by sending out a signal to suppress the secretion of a hormone called melatonin. There appears to be impairment of serotonin function in nerve cells leading to this nucleus, which is linked to the retina. This is why certain antidepressants ( selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors ) work in severe cases.

• Read more here :- http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Seasonal-affective-disorder/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Jamesey
23rd December 2012, 12:16
I've found something else that really helps!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.boracaybeachradio.com/

Michael Parnham
23rd December 2012, 12:27
When the weather is dull, we don't bother, we find things to do whilst listening to all the pinoy radio stations, cos they are always warm & cheerful!! :Wave::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 16:26
:yikes::NoNo: when in the phils i would be awake every hour, cant sleep in the heat, i miss the english weather you dont need aircon on 24/7 in the UK.

of course you'll be wake every hour or even every seconds Joe:action-smiley-081::biggrin: your not use to that weather neither you werent born there same with other here not all (includes me):action-smiley-081::Cuckoo::biggrin: who dont really like the cold weather at all:Brick::xxaction-smiley-047:biggrin: still the bonus free aircon but i would rather the heat all year than the typical english weather:Cuckoo:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 16:29
Hey Moy, I also get really achy during this weather, a lot of caused by age and doing a manual, sometimes heavy job for years.
What I find helps is going to your local leisure centre and having a swim or just a paddle around in the warm water followed by a sauna or steam room. Doesn`t cost that much but it can be very beneficial.:smile:

hello pete sound very interesting i would love to do that but i dont have access as to where am goin..hubby dont really perseverance i mean but i do..think ill make a way to get there:wink:

Pete/London
23rd December 2012, 19:22
hello pete sound very interesting i would love to do that but i dont have access as to where am goin..hubby dont really intuition but i do..think ill make a way to get there:wink:

Think I understand :Erm::biggrin: look after yourself and have a nice Christmas :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 19:39
Think I understand :Erm::biggrin: look after yourself and have a nice Christmas :xxgrinning--00xx3:

not intuition :biggrin: perseverance i mean:yawn:

sars_notd_virus
23rd December 2012, 19:56
I hate nasty pissy damp miserable shitty windy dark cold winter night too, it makes my eye balls wet sometimes:bigcry:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 20:00
I hate nasty pissy damp miserable shitty windy dark cold winter night too, it makes my eye balls wet sometimes:bigcry:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::doh

Pete/London
23rd December 2012, 20:07

Thats an inspired description:biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
23rd December 2012, 20:17
:icon_lol::icon_lol: thanks:biggrin:

Doc Alan
23rd December 2012, 20:38
I wish you all the best for Christmas Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3: I hope you found my reply ( #27 ) helpful :smile:.

Moy
23rd December 2012, 20:41
I wish you all the best for Christmas Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3: I hope you found my reply ( #27 ) helpful :smile:.
thanks Doc ALLAN:wink: on this thread i got a question for you hope to clear my mind on this as it does bother me at time :cwm3:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/43331-sunday-working

raynaputi
23rd December 2012, 20:59
You're not alone Moy..I too feel homesick and would rather be in the Philippines..add the cold weather here and it just makes me want to go back at the comfort of my home there. :cwm3: But it's the sacrifice we have to do, wanting to be with our hubbies here in the UK. Like what you said, even if you want to go out, it's impossible not to spend money, unlike in the Philippines which is cheaper. But at least you have work and kids to distract you from being homesick. As for me, I can't work yet, not even do charity work. :doh Good thing I have my guinea pigs here to play with, and Keith to annoy most of the time! :icon_lol:

Don't worry Moy, everything would be okay..:wink: Like what another Filipina told me, we'd all get used to it. Although I'm not sure if it would be a good or bad thing getting used to this kind of living. :Erm:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 21:04
thank for reply Rayna:wink: and i do understand of what you are sayin , the thing is because we use to feel fine and always on the go and suddenly you experience those aches and pain etc, you think that there is something wrong and i wont deny it does stress a lot on me:cwm3::Brick:

sars_notd_virus
23rd December 2012, 21:43
thank for reply Rayna:wink: and i do understand of what you are sayin , the thing is because we use to feel fine and always on the go and suddenly you experience those aches and pain etc, you think that there is something wrong and i wont deny it does stress a lot on me:cwm3::Brick:

you'll get used to it MOy, ask your husband for a ''full body massage'' and if your lucky, you'll get moisturise afterwards as well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 21:48
you'll get used to it MOy, ask your husband for a ''full body massage'' and if your lucky, you'll get moisturise afterwards as well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

well ive actually went to a chiropractor and then had a deep tissue massage..it went well but still up to now i got those ache and pain still so i dont understand what was goin on:doh:cwm3::bigcry:

sars_notd_virus
23rd December 2012, 21:53
must be the weather and some pulled muscles ....give it a rest Moy

Moy
23rd December 2012, 22:13
must be the weather and some pulled muscles ....give it a rest Moy

i did sars.:wink:.been just 3 weeks now since i went and now here we go again:yawn::cwm3:

raynaputi
23rd December 2012, 22:34

Why do I think this is something naughty??? :Erm: Hahahahahahahahaha :icon_lol:

Moy
23rd December 2012, 22:36
Why do I think this is something naughty??? :Erm: Hahahahahahahahaha :icon_lol:

me too lols..but nevermind i know why sars suggest that hehe:icon_lol: