PDA

View Full Version : spouse visa

eytch
15th August 2007, 22:02
just a quick question... how many days can I leave UK with my spouse visa? Is it 60 days or 90 days? Thanks....

walesrob
15th August 2007, 22:25
just a quick question... how many days can I leave UK with my spouse visa? Is it 60 days or 90 days? Thanks....

90 days a year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eytch
15th August 2007, 22:57
thanks rob.... cheers!!!

eytch
15th August 2007, 23:38
hi rob, can you provide me a site where I can see that it's 90 days? I need to print it.... thanks...

eytch
15th August 2007, 23:44
90 days a year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi rob.... just to be clear... spouse visa has 2 years, does that mean for the first year i am allowed to be out of UK for 90 days, then on the 2nd year i am still allowed for 90 days before it expires? Thanks so much....

walesrob
16th August 2007, 02:13
hi rob.... just to be clear... spouse visa has 2 years, does that mean for the first year i am allowed to be out of UK for 90 days, then on the 2nd year i am still allowed for 90 days before it expires? Thanks so much....

Hiya Eytch, yes it is 90 days for each year. I got this information from an Immigration Officer at Cardiff airport. The term "90 days" is a constructive rule, and it does not appear in the body of UK immigration law (well I cannot find it anyway!). The IND website can probably help, heres what I found:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/idischapter8/

Rob

joebloggs
16th August 2007, 04:25
yes i think its 90 days to,
http://www.permits2work.co.uk/permits/Indefiniteleavetoremain.asp

but beware of "During the three-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 270 days (approximately 9 months)"
thats if you intend to apply for naturalization after being in the uk with a 2 yr spouse visa and after 1yr of ILR.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
16th August 2007, 08:17
Hi,
I have filed my annulment this March and was told it will take time. The Embassy called me after a month and said as soon as i have that paper my visa will be released. My question is.... if my lawyer can provide a document stating that my annulment is still in process will that be considered by the Embassy? What if after submission of that cert. it is denied, will i still pay for another fee upon submission of it later on? On the other hand, if it is approved can i register a marriage in U.K.? Just confused what to do....Thanks ...

walesrob
16th August 2007, 08:27
Hi,
I have filed my annulment this March and was told it will take time. The Embassy called me after a month and said as soon as i have that paper my visa will be released. My question is.... if my lawyer can provide a document stating that my annulment is still in process will that be considered by the Embassy? What if after submission of that cert. it is denied, will i still pay for another fee upon submission of it later on? On the other hand, if it is approved can i register a marriage in U.K.? Just confused what to do....Thanks ...

Ok I don't want to be rude, but can you please start a new thread rather than hijacking this one. It makes it easier for everyone who can help you.

Rob

Pepe n Pilar
16th August 2007, 08:29
Ok thanks a lot... Will do

eytch
16th August 2007, 21:08
rob / joe,
thanks so much!!!

cheers!!!