PDA

View Full Version : I'm offended!

les_taxi
20th December 2012, 21:08
I'm beginning to wonder what we are coming to as a nation!
All this I'm offended crap-we sound like a bunch of wimps these days:NoNo:
Just thinking back to as a kid growing up in the 60s I never heard that word but I did hear quite a few naughty words we can't say now.:biggrin:
We just got on with stuff,if someone called you big ears you called them something back or you ran home crying to mummy:bigcry:
I think it made many others see that in real life it can be a bit harsh what people say but for goodness sake look at us now,offended by this,offended by that!
Grow a pair of balls and get on with life and stop being such a baby.
I remember if someone was a bully then ya dad would go and give him a clip round the ear and it was dealt with and forgotten.
Now it would be a lawsuit and child abuse:icon_lol:
I had a customer a great lad by the name of Daisy I kid you not,he was afro carrabean and when I picked him up he would say " take this n..... into town you white Honkey"
We would laugh our heads off at that was I offended or would I be if someone called me a honkey in a nasty way? of course not bloody hell why would I be:icon_rolleyes:
We are just to up are own arses sometimes and for people on here to threaten others with being reported is beyond belief,its like the Hitler youth reporting their parents!
See I have probably offended someone now:icon_lol:
Grow up,grow some balls and if you feel that strongly meet the person and tell it to their face like men used to do before we descended into a bunch of wimps :biggrin:

stevewool
20th December 2012, 21:13
who told you i have big ears,i am offended,but next time i am up your way lets meet up for a drink to talk about it:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

les_taxi
20th December 2012, 21:16
Hey we same age what you weighing in at Steve:icon_lol:

grahamw48
20th December 2012, 21:48
Sorry Les.

I can't take you seriously in that bloody hat. :laugher:

grahamw48
20th December 2012, 21:51
Oh, and lordna knows why you let lastsnitch get under your skin. :biggrin:

les_taxi
20th December 2012, 22:01
Sorry Les.

I can't take you seriously in that bloody hat. :laugher:

I'm offended:cwm23:

Tawi2
20th December 2012, 22:27
Grow up,grow some balls and if you feel that strongly meet the person and tell it to their face like men used to do before we descended into a bunch of wimps
Well said,but I find your offensiveness offensive in a most offending way :bigcry: sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me :bigcry:

grahamw48
20th December 2012, 22:52
:xxparty-smiley-004:

andy222
20th December 2012, 22:55
I'm beginning to wonder what we are coming to as a nation!
All this I'm offended crap-we sound like a bunch of wimps these days:NoNo:
Just thinking back to as a kid growing up in the 60s I never heard that word but I did hear quite a few naughty words we can't say now.:biggrin:
We just got on with stuff,if someone called you big ears you called them something back or you ran home crying to mummy:bigcry:
I think it made many others see that in real life it can be a bit harsh what people say but for goodness sake look at us now,offended by this,offended by that!
Grow a pair of balls and get on with life and stop being such a baby.
I remember if someone was a bully then ya dad would go and give him a clip round the ear and it was dealt with and forgotten.
Now it would be a lawsuit and child abuse:icon_lol:
I had a customer a great lad by the name of Daisy I kid you not,he was afro carrabean and when I picked him up he would say " take this n..... into town you white Honkey"
We would laugh our heads off at that was I offended or would I be if someone called me a honkey in a nasty way? of course not bloody hell why would I be:icon_rolleyes:
We are just to up are own arses sometimes and for people on here to threaten others with being reported is beyond belief,its like the Hitler youth reporting their parents!
See I have probably offended someone now:icon_lol:
Grow up,grow some balls and if you feel that strongly meet the person and tell it to their face like men used to do before we descended into a bunch of wimps :biggrin:
I blame the yanks.:icon_lol:

grahamw48
20th December 2012, 23:07
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8592/offended.jpg :xxcheeky-smiley-013

Ako Si Jamie
20th December 2012, 23:21
The racism issue has got well out of hand.

Only last week I was branded a racist :omg:

Sent texts to a few Indian guys I know gloating over the result from the test match between England and India which England won.

One of them took it the wrong way! :icon_rolleyes:

les_taxi
20th December 2012, 23:22
I blame the yanks.:icon_lol:

I blame new labour:laugher:
Only kidding Andy:biggrin:

grahamw48
20th December 2012, 23:29

Sent texts to a few Indian guys I know gloating over the result from the test match between England and India which England won.

That's why they lost. :laugher:

joebloggs
21st December 2012, 00:24

only one of them :biggrin:
where i work, the :censored: taking goes on all day, everyday :doh

i hurt my back the other day and took a day off work (2nd day off ill in over 4yrs) , so as expected 'i'm glass back' for the next few days :laugher::doh

Arthur Little
21st December 2012, 00:49
We just got on with stuff, if someone called you big ears you called them something back or you ran home crying to mummy:bigcry:

Whereas ... nowadays ... any kids daring to pass such an inoffensive comment could expect to find themselves in front of a 'Children's Panel' :xxsmilie_auslachen: - with their parents (who weren't even present when the remark was made) - facing a :crazy: libel action for failing to keep their offsprings' tongues under control.

:gp: ... it was all part & parcel of growing up.

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 00:57
I got offended once when Keith said I'm a dog-eating Filipina..as I'm not and I love dogs and cats and pets and animals in general (not a vegetarian though lol :icon_lol:)..But then he explained it's a tongue in a cheek comment..and now I can't distinguish when he's serious or not whenever he makes tongue in the cheek comment..:Erm: I just have to get used to it, him being a Scouser..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Btw, isn't calling someone from Liverpool a Scouser and branding them thieves or anything like that racism too??? Or any other kind of names from somewhere here in UK considered racism? hahahahaha...maybe you all British guys should complain each other to the police as everything is racism! :laugher:

les_taxi
21st December 2012, 01:09
Scouser is the nicest thing we can say about them:icon_lol:

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 01:19
Q.What's the difference between Batman and a Scouser?
A.Batman can go anywhere without Robin. :smile:

Arthur Little
21st December 2012, 01:33
Btw, isn't calling someone from Liverpool a Scouser and branding them thieves or anything like that racism too??? Or any other kind of names from somewhere here in UK considered racism? hahahahaha...maybe you all British guys should complain each other to the police as everything is racism! :laugher:

Hmm ... suppose :iagree: ... in the sense that I've frequently been called a 'Perthite' because I have lived here for 45 years. Whereas, in fact, I'm Glaswegian by birth!

thumperdean
21st December 2012, 01:37
i like taking the Michael, shame you got to watch what you say these days :cwm25:, i wouldn't say Steve has big is ears, just because they pick up more channels than his satellite dish has got nothing to do with it.:laugher:

London_Manila
21st December 2012, 02:14

Racism harassment bullying and homophobia are the new tools that your "workmates" can get you sacked over

Of course none of these things are very nice if people are genuinely being abused

The problem now though is that these tools are being used a lot these days and not always for genuine reasons

Where do you draw the line between banter and abuse anyway

Its getting to the stage now where you dont dare say anything to anyone in case they might take offense to it :blahblah::blahblah:

fred
21st December 2012, 02:27
Btw, isn't calling someone from Liverpool a Scouser and branding them thieves or anything like that racism too???

They bring it on themselves Rayna..
Have you ever been to Liverpool airport for example?

http://www.jokefile.co.uk/odds/New%20Folder/Liverpool%2002.jpg

fred
21st December 2012, 02:28
Scouser Keith's keyboard.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/fuzzybobble/keyb-scouser.jpg

lastlid
21st December 2012, 08:07
I got offended once when Keith said I'm a dog-eating Filipina..as I'm not and I love dogs and cats and pets and animals in general (not a vegetarian though lol :icon_lol:)..But then he explained it's a tongue in a cheek comment..and now I can't distinguish when he's serious or not whenever he makes tongue in the cheek comment..:Erm: I just have to get used to it, him being a Scouser..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Btw, isn't calling someone from Liverpool a Scouser and branding them thieves or anything like that racism too??? Or any other kind of names from somewhere here in UK considered racism? hahahahaha...maybe you all British guys should complain each other to the police as everything is racism! :laugher:

So you must think the comment about "Roma Filth" was a tongue in cheek comment?

KeithD
21st December 2012, 10:21

Banter is the odd comment, humour, sarcasm, etc.... abuse, as the courts have just pointed out is ongoing.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Any thief is Filth .... scouser filth thieving scumbags .... and that includes me :icon_lol: .... times are so tough these days for scousers that after they've removed the wheels they leave a not on the car asking for the bricks back :biggrin:

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 10:21

No..but it's like calling someone slag, t__t, scumbags, etc. I'm sure most of you here has called anyone like that. You even called the members here numpties and addicts, so it's the same, you're branding them too so they may report you for racism too. :crazy:

lordna
21st December 2012, 10:45
Seems very odd to me that , on one hand this forum is trying to welcome and encourage people to come to this country (filipinos) but at the same time making openly racist and offensive comments to people from other countries or races already here in the UK. Not sure what the new filipino readers of this forum can make of this?

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 10:56
Seems very odd to me that , on one hand this forum is trying to welcome and encourage people to come to this country (filipinos) but at the same time making openly racist and offensive comments to people from other countries or races already here in the UK. Not sure what the new filipino readers of this forum can make of this?

I'm a Filipino, I wasn't encouraged by this forum to come here in the UK. This forum is not encouraging and telling Filipinos to come here, it's helping people who wants to come here to do the correct and right process. We are not a travel agency promoting UK in any way. Just like you and other British guys here, most of them join the forum to help them know the proper process of immigration. Also, it's all the illegals that members here don't want. If you would just read comments on newspaper articles online, lots of them are worse. I'm an immigrant here and I myself are appalled and angered by these illegals who made things for genuine applicants so bloody difficult!

Dedworth
21st December 2012, 11:04

Have you ever considered that there can be good immigrants and bad immigrants ?

Not all of them have to go through stringent visa requirements to come here. I'm reliably informed that some are part of criminal networks who come to the UK with the sole intention of cheating, conning and stealing. The proceeds from these actions are then sent back to the Balkans to buy large gaudy houses and Mercedes Benz motor cars.

Don't swallow the line that immigration benefits the country hook, line and sinker.

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 11:07
Well said Rayna. :appl:

Unfortunately there will always be people who are just too thick to comprehend the difference between being a critic and being a bigot. :NoNo:

lordna
21st December 2012, 11:34
I'm a Filipino, I wasn't encouraged by this forum to come here in the UK. This forum is not encouraging and telling Filipinos to come here, it's helping people who wants to come here to do the correct and right process. We are not a travel agency promoting UK in any way. Just like you and other British guys here, most of them join the forum to help them know the proper process of immigration. Also, it's all the illegals that members here don't want. If you would just read comments on newspaper articles online, lots of them are worse. I'm an immigrant here and I myself are appalled and angered by these illegals who made things for genuine applicants so bloody difficult!

I stand corrected and should have wrote "encourage people coming to this country". However, I note your comment and do not in any way condone illegal immigration to this country nor do i agree with people making offensive remarks about people of a different race or colour. Yes there are good and bad immigrants and i believe immigration does benefit the country overall. Clearly illegal immigration does NOT benefit the country.

Grahams comment "Unfortunately there will always be people who are just too thick to comprehend the difference between being a critic and being a bigot." I must say that i am not aware of any of my posts being bigoted but i am always critical of comments that i might not agree with. As steve mentions we do have things in common but may not agree with each other. Personally i think that leads to healthy debate on the numerous issues aired on this forum. I dont have any issues with that providing comments made are not offensive or personal. I am also open to critisism and will admit if i am wrong having heard others views i may not of considered.

KeithD
21st December 2012, 11:49
I am also open to critisism and will admit if i am wrong having heard others views i may not of considered.

Like Dedworth referring to a picture of thieving Roma's and calling them such, a picture that appeared in the British press, and with similar comments across the internet including the Daily Mail, which is far as I am aware hasn't been contacted for anyone being a racist who works or posts on the site.
http://blog.old-and-bold.info/?p=11884
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/pictures-scores-of-roma-travellers-moved-on-from-marble-arch-7917650.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207821/Roma-gypsy-children-trafficked-Britain-steal-international-criminal-network.html
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207821/Roma-gypsy-children-trafficked-Britain-steal-international-criminal-network.html)
It is annoying when people make an incorrect conclusion about something based on something they incorrectly assumed. Hence the reason so many 'racist' cases have been thrown out of court over the last few months due to ocer zealous minorities trying to make out the majority are somehow against the world. :doh

I know people who hate, no, despise, and would gladly see them all in Hell, the Labour party .... or the Tory party ..... not a problem though, just a view by some people, but a minority would probably see that as some kind of 'ism' or terrorist thought!!! :crazy:

I'd rather see our hard working, low-esteemed police force doing what they do best, protecting the public, rather than having to waste time on some people's incorrect assumptions.

lordna
21st December 2012, 12:03
Like Dedworth referring to a picture of thieving Roma's and calling them such, a picture that appeared in the British press, and with similar comments across the internet including the Daily Mail, which is far as I am aware hasn't been contacted for anyone being a racist who works or posts on the site.
http://blog.old-and-bold.info/?p=11884
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/pictures-scores-of-roma-travellers-moved-on-from-marble-arch-7917650.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207821/Roma-gypsy-children-trafficked-Britain-steal-international-criminal-network.html
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2207821/Roma-gypsy-children-trafficked-Britain-steal-international-criminal-network.html)
It is annoying when people make an incorrect conclusion about something based on something they incorrectly assumed. Hence the reason so many 'racist' cases have been thrown out of court over the last few months due to ocer zealous minorities trying to make out the majority are somehow against the world. :doh

I know people who hate, no, despise, and would gladly see them all in Hell, the Labour party .... or the Tory party ..... not a problem though, just a view by some people, but a minority would probably see that as some kind of 'ism' or terrorist thought!!! :crazy:

I'd rather see our hard working, low-esteemed police force doing what they do best, protecting the public, rather than having to waste time on some people's incorrect assumptions.

Thankyou for the cross references to those daily newspaper articles, very useful. If you read all the articles there is no reference to "roma scum" or any other offensive remark directed at these people. The articles are just reporting the facts without offence. The Police and newspapers have to treat these people with some respect even though maybe they may not deserve it. We are all in this country innocent until proved guilty.

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 12:06
'We are all in this country innocent until proved guilty.'

Good luck with that one. :NoNo:

joebloggs
21st December 2012, 12:06
Romanians need permission to work in the uk

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/bulgaria-romania/

if they dont get permission what do you think they will do to get money ???

KeithD
21st December 2012, 12:11
One of the pages contains the word 'scum' :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... You seem to have jumped on a word like some idiots jumped on the word 'pleb' when the real story is that a scum politician SWORE at a ploice officer, has admitted it, didn't get arrested, and yet his muppet Tory friends want to give him his job back!!! :doh No wonder the police get psssst off with politicians ..... no backing whatsoever :NoNo:

You seem to have connected the word 'scum' to the word 'racist' by some means unbeknown to the majority of folk on here. :Erm: Even a judge used the word 'scum' maybe he should be sacked? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=scum

lordna
21st December 2012, 12:23
One of the pages contains the word 'scum' :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... You seem to have jumped on a word like some idiots jumped on the word 'pleb' when the real story is that a scum politician SWORE at a ploice officer, has admitted it, didn't get arrested, and yet his muppet Tory friends want to give him his job back!!! :doh No wonder the police get psssst off with politicians ..... no backing whatsoever :NoNo:

You seem to have connected the word 'scum' to the word 'racist' by some means unbeknown to the majority of folk on here. :Erm: Even a judge used the word 'scum' maybe he should be sacked? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=scum

No i am not jumping on the word "scum" BUT i am on the phrase "Roma Scum" which is clearly racist and offensive to a particular race. If you can find the same phrase used in the national press then i will be very suprised. What if it was "Filipino scum" then i am sure many on here would also be offended....so whats the difference?

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 12:34
Roma scum because they're Romanian, Pakistani scum because they're Pakistani, Filipino scum because they're Filipino, British scum because they're British..all the same to me as they're just stating their nationality.

KeithD
21st December 2012, 12:37
Well if I knew of a cluster of Filipino's thieving in our country and they got arrested, I'm sure that judge would probably refer to them as scum, and as they would be single group of non-British people that would make him a racist wouldn't it? Well no it wouldn't, as scum Filipino's they would be and I know many Filipina's here would agree if he did.

Only 6,600+ people/sites need to be arrested and jailed for being racist https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22roma+scum%22&oq=%22roma+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i30l3j0i8i30l2.7099.9153.0.9298.11.10.0.0.0.0.165.1197.2j8.10.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.HuhntAblupE

Nearly 9000 for 'gypsy scum' https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22gypsy+scum%22&oq=%22gypsy+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i30l3j0i5i30l6.60179.69586.0.69964.17.11.6.0.0.0.229.1317.1j9j1.11.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.hO23I6h6sKA

Another 4,700 for 'romanian scum' https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22romanian+scum%22&oq=%22romanian+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i30j0i7i30.35168.36998.0.37314.10.10.0.0.0.1.147.1044.2j8.10.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.rpsC8ybK7kU

...and 10,000's of others

Seems over 15,700 don't like us English https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22english+scum%22&oq=%22english+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i7j0i7i30l2j0i8i30l6.11275.12261.0.13119.7.7.0.0.0.1.150.681.3j4.7.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.kRpyV8JJvIo :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Great news :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good to be noticed.

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 12:44
Of course passports would need to be examined...in the interests of accuracy. :Erm:

DNA taken...:Erm:

This could take some time, especially for forum members and their families. :smile:

KeithD
21st December 2012, 12:46
Some great stories under 'scouse scum' :icon_lol: .... makes me feel at home :biggrin:

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 12:50
I've only ever had one 'Scouse' friend, and he was a petty criminal, a womaniser and a drunk. :doh

Sorry. :icon_lol:

lordna
21st December 2012, 12:52
Well if I knew of a cluster of Filipino's thieving in our country and they got arrested, I'm sure that judge would probably refer to them as scum, and as they would be single group of non-British people that would make him a racist wouldn't it? Well no it wouldn't, as scum Filipino's they would be and I know many Filipina's here would agree if he did.

Only 6,600+ people/sites need to be arrested and jailed for being racist https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22roma+scum%22&oq=%22roma+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i30l3j0i8i30l2.7099.9153.0.9298.11.10.0.0.0.0.165.1197.2j8.10.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.HuhntAblupE

Nearly 9000 for 'gypsy scum' https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22gypsy+scum%22&oq=%22gypsy+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i30l3j0i5i30l6.60179.69586.0.69964.17.11.6.0.0.0.229.1317.1j9j1.11.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.hO23I6h6sKA

Another 4,700 for 'romanian scum' https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22romanian+scum%22&oq=%22romanian+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i30j0i7i30.35168.36998.0.37314.10.10.0.0.0.1.147.1044.2j8.10.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.rpsC8ybK7kU

...and 10,000's of others

Seems over 15,700 don't like us English https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&tbo=d&q=%22english+scum%22&oq=%22english+scum%22&gs_l=serp.3..0i7j0i7i30l2j0i8i30l6.11275.12261.0.13119.7.7.0.0.0.1.150.681.3j4.7.0.les%3Bpchatae..0.0...1c.1.kRpyV8JJvIo :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Great news :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good to be noticed.

It doesnt suprise me you can find plenty of reference on the internet, however this is not the British press who gladly have to be more careful on what they print.

KeithD
21st December 2012, 13:03
.....however this is not the British press who gladly have to be more careful on what they print.

By NOT the British press I take it you do not include the Independent, Daily Post, Mirror, Daily Mail, Telegraph, etc that are listed with such words /phrases on Google then? :doh

I'm bored now.... lets just accept that the majority on here are right and a minor minority of a minor minority of 2 is wrong :biggrin: :icon_lol:

lordna
21st December 2012, 13:27
By NOT the British press I take it you do not include the Independent, Daily Post, Mirror, Daily Mail, Telegraph, etc that are listed with such words /phrases on Google then? :doh

I'm bored now.... lets just accept that the majority on here are right and a minor minority of a minor minority of 2 is wrong :biggrin: :icon_lol:

I thought i was now alone as the other person who dares to challenge anything said here has been banned?

raynaputi
21st December 2012, 13:35
I thought i was now alone as the other person who dares to challenge anything said here has been banned?

He told me a few days ago that he won't go back and post to the forum unless I reinstate the neg rep I gave him. He even said goodbye and he doesn't want to be here as members here are a bunch of numpties. Yet he keeps on posting and stirring people up in every chance he get, even in unrelated topics, just so he can get the last word. Admin banned him for that. Not because he's challenging people here, but because of his attitude. I've got a few debates with some of these members he's against with too and yet those members and I still have a laugh over some topics at the end of the day, as we're not getting seriously affected with each other's ideas and points of views. :wink: It would be an advantage for him being out of the forum though, as he'll get more time with his wife and new born baby, instead being here online most of the time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st December 2012, 13:39

He was banned for numerous reasons, not one of them to do with challenging anything. Complaints against him have been received for months now, members only get X amount before action is taken, and the person in question was given numerous occassions to change over that time. You've made an incorrect assumption again!

lordna
21st December 2012, 13:44
He was banned for numerous reasons, not one of them to do with challenging anything. Complaints against him have been received for months now, members only get X amount before action is taken, and the person in question was given numerous occassions to change over that time. You've made an incorrect assumption again!

I stand corrected....but what was the other incorrect assumtion?

joebloggs
21st December 2012, 14:18
Copper thieves jailed for total of 23 years after causing chaos for rail users

The Romanian-born criminals put their lives on the line as they expertly cut through 650v industrial cabling to get to the copper.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-copper-thieves-jailed-for-total-378938

can you call thieves scum ? of course not all Romanians are theives :doh

KeithD
21st December 2012, 14:20
That was the assumption :smile: .... just the one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We have a record of being very very tolerant on here, especially to those who have either been here for years, or posted 1000's of times, and these people get a lot more freedom here than a newbie would, so they are expected to set an example. For some reason people change over time, and that comes out on the forum for one reason or another.

Dedworth
21st December 2012, 14:22
Copper thieves jailed for total of 23 years after causing chaos for rail users

The Romanian-born criminals put their lives on the line as they expertly cut through 650v industrial cabling to get to the copper.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/birmingham-copper-thieves-jailed-for-total-378938

can you call thieves scum ? of course not all Romanians are theives :doh

Such a shame the 650 volts didn't get them, it would help keep the prison spend down

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 14:26
That was the assumption :smile: .... just the one :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We have a record of being very very tolerant on here, especially to those who have either been here for years, or posted 1000's of times, and these people get a lot more freedom here than a newbie would, so they are expected to set an example. For some reason people change over time, and that comes out on the forum for one reason or another.

That is true.

I have lost a tooth, a lot of hair...and gone grey. :bigcry:

grahamw48
21st December 2012, 14:29
Such a shame the 650 volts didn't get them, it would help keep the prison spend down

Where is your compassion Dedworth ?:ReadIt:

Those poor people will now at least receive 3 good meals a day, and may even be able to save the taxpayer money by helping to re-wire the prison. :smile:

Dedworth
21st December 2012, 14:38
Where is your compassion Dedworth ?:ReadIt:

Those poor people will now at least receive 3 good meals a day, and may even be able to save the taxpayer money by helping to re-wire the prison. :smile:

That's if they have time between studying their legal and medical text books. I've learnt something new from the forum today that professional criminals are merely decent types who have fallen on hard times. Lord Knows Why I fail to see good in everyone I really must try to be more understanding and compassionate.

fred
21st December 2012, 14:51

Trust me..Filipino`s do not need encouragement to travel anywhere legally abroad where a job is waiting!
There is also some pretty harsh racism going on over here by Filipino`s everyday..Has been like that for ever since I can remember.
Example.. One of my nieces came down from the province to stay with us whilst she applied at our local Robinson mall in Cavite.. She passed education requirements,Height requirements etc but ultimately refused as she was "too black"... Now all my inlaws thought this was hilarious and teased her for 2 days straight!
She spent the next month inside ,scrubbing her self daily with an everyday,common bar of whitening soap until she was white enough to try again..
Filipino`s, especially many Tagalogs often refer to girls like my niece with comments like "mangmang iyan" (person is stupid)
In regards foreigners and "guests" living in the Philippines,well they have very few rights..Usually none..
I would imagine that the same could be said for many Brits traveling to certain parts of Europe too.. Call the hosts Racist if you wish but never forget that they ARE the hosts,so dont shout it too loud or there may well be unfortunate consequences.
My point is,I doubt they are as easily offended as the average Liberal new age Brit is!..
I will go further,I reckon its like water off a ducks back to most of them.
IMO.

les_taxi
21st December 2012, 17:51
We all love a good debate on here and some will never agree but bin-lid took it too far and got personal,he didn't like it when he got some back:yikes:
Also he basically threatened on this site about posting links to "the right people" bloody hell if that's a friendly comment then I'm joining the gestapo:biggrin:
This is a great forum and we all like a bit of banter and sometimes think we are right,he clearly wasn't and could not come down off his soap box.
You will find many of us dare to say things on here too as it's called free speech:omg:
This is a lively forum-never boring let's keep it that way,even Andy222 admits he was wrong having a go at the coalition and it's his party of choice now :biggrin:
Opps sorry typing error He never said that:wink:

Ako Si Jamie
21st December 2012, 23:30
Racism harassment bullying and homophobia are the new tools that your "workmates" can get you sacked over

Of course none of these things are very nice if people are genuinely being abused

The problem now though is that these tools are being used a lot these days and not always for genuine reasons

Its getting to the stage now where you dont dare say anything to anyone in case they might take offense to it :blahblah::blahblah:Yup. It really bugs me when some class criticism or banter as racism. Whether they're just plain ignorant or doing it on purpose they're still refuelling the fire.