PDA

View Full Version : klm, what bags etc can i take to my seat on the plane (wife driving me crazy)

\\\\ToNy////
19th December 2012, 21:33
help guys, wife thinks that i can take a sports size bag (12kg) and also a rucksack sized bag to my seat,
ive rang klm and they said the same as the site:
1 bag measuring 55 x 25 x 35 cm (21.5 x 10 x 13.5 inch) (l x w x h)

Your hand baggage, including accessories, may not exceed 12 kg (26 lbs)

1 of the following: handbag, briefcase, camera, small laptop, or 1 other item of similar or smaller size.

he said the pair together must not go over 12kg.

to me its simple not complicated
but the wifes not having it, she keeps on about what her brother said.
so my question is, is the rucksack too big, its a bit smaller than the sports bag that i will put about 11kg in

Slip
19th December 2012, 21:40
You can take one piece of hand luggage, as per your airlines guidelines.

Plus you may take a laptop aboard (unless otherwise stated)

Some airlines you may get away with it if the flight isn't full. But I would suggest going by what the airlines website says.

I work in the airline industry and although this isn't my field, rules on hand luggage are for safety reasons as if say 300 passengers all had bags 10KG over weight it soon adds up.

melovesengland
19th December 2012, 22:24
i would suggest that you follow the rules of the airline to avoid any hassles and problem in future/flight.

just keep the important things with you in one hand luggage and dump the rest on the check-in ones.

raynaputi
19th December 2012, 22:40
Well what I usually do is bring a handbag and then a laptop bag (which is a backpack), and they allow it. I think it's the maximum number for a hand carry, and as long as it won't exceed the required weight and size of luggage/bags.

South-east boy
20th December 2012, 00:21
What does her brother say? KLM has a good suitcase weight allowance + like most others you can have a sports bag size bag + laptop, hand-bag, small back-pack. 12KG is very good as I'm sure Cathay who I went with was 7KG for the sports bag I think and 32 KG for the suitcase-think KLM is 40KG? Surely KLM's allowances will be enough?

Again, I think best to go with what KLM say, as if you do different and they don't allow it, what will you do?!

Dedworth
20th December 2012, 10:18
Adhere to what KLM say and be aware that they may put your hand baggage through a sizing gauge when you check in

KeithD
20th December 2012, 14:13
Never had my luggage size checked with KLM, as long as it is 'reasonable' and not overweight. Stick everything of value in a rucksack, you can always squeeze them to fit anything if they do check :xxgrinning--00xx3: