PDA

View Full Version : Wish I was in Manila for New Year.

grahamw48
17th December 2012, 22:04
They KNOW how to do fireworks (plus lots of bullets). :biggrin:

No video can do justice to the sheer volume though. :cwm24:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFbpDQ1V4HQ&feature=player_embedded

Tawi2
17th December 2012, 22:16
Best new years for me were chinese new years in Hong Kong(wanchai),no bullets falling from the sky on lockheart road,but I did one Pinoy new year staying just off Del Pilar when Rosies was still called Rosies Diner,Ermita rocked that night :cwm25: That clip looks the business,you can almost feel the percussive blasts in that clip,I bet manila gives it large gangnam style this new years :icon_lol:

grahamw48
17th December 2012, 22:52
Hahaha.:biggrin:

I've spent a few New Years there...including in Ermita. It was total chaos and probably not really safe on the streets to be honest, what with drunk drivers and people firing off guns and chucking huge fireworks around. :cwm24:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3448/fireoutpo3.gif

Also had one or two in Hong Kong (Chinese New Year), where of course we only had to stroll a couple of hundred yards down the road from Chungking Mansions to take in the amazing harbour display. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
18th December 2012, 08:21
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Chinese New Year in Hong Kong is nice but nothing compares to the sheer rawness of New Year in the Philippines.
Better not post some of the antics we get up to as some people might disapprove:icon_lol:

Tawi2
18th December 2012, 09:35
nothing compares to the sheer rawness of New Year in the Philippines.
I am past all that now sadly,I will be 50 in a few years time and age takes its toll :olddude: but it was pretty risque 20'ish years ago in Ermita when Del Pilar was in its hey-day,I remember massive amounts of women packing the street and I made friends with 3 the same night :cwm3: happy daze,but time moves on,cup of cocoa for me this new year :yawn:

grahamw48
18th December 2012, 10:30
50 ?

Hahaha! Anyone would think you were a blinkin pensioner. :icon_lol:

My Ermita days were quickly curtailed after I met the ex. :cwm3:

Tawi2
18th December 2012, 10:42
50 ?
In 3 years time :bigcry: I might have a midlife crisis before then :icon_lol:

jake
18th December 2012, 11:20
Better not post some of the antics we get up to as some people might disapprove:icon_lol:[/QUOTE]
Should have said 'got up to':biggrin:
Minus the ladies we will still have a lot of fun as im a young 45:smile:

jake
18th December 2012, 11:21
Better not post some of the antics we get up to as some people might disapprove:icon_lol:[/QUOTE]
Should have said 'got up to':biggrin:
Minus the ladies we will still have a lot of fun as im a young 45:smile: