PDA

View Full Version : Replacement BRP

bhem_bhem
12th December 2012, 12:18
hello guys,, when i renewed my passport, i changed my surname. so now, i have to apply for a replacement brp. my question is, how long do i have to wait for them to send the card? thnx. :)

Terpe
12th December 2012, 13:40
UKBA states that you have 3 months.

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit?

You must tell us as soon as you can if:-

you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
you change your gender, legally or permanently;
you change your nationality; or
your facial appearance changes significantly.

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.

Here's the UKBA webpage (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/do-i-need-brp/responsibilities/)

bhem_bhem
12th December 2012, 14:02
thnx terpe,, sorry my question wasn't clear. let say i have submitted my application, how long am i going to wait before they will send the replacement card? me and hubby are planning to go to phils this april. just wonder if i'll take the risk of booking the flight even if i don't have my brp card yet. :)

raynaputi
12th December 2012, 17:28
One member here, ConfusedMe, has been waiting for 7 months now she told me for her replacement BRP card. :doh Everything's stuck in UKBA at the moment. She said she has been calling UKBA only to be told to just wait. :NoNo:

han
12th December 2012, 18:44
:Wave:

This is also my concern, because My Philippine passport will expire next year so I am planning By Jan or Feb I will renew my passport and will use my Husband's lastname then into my new passport. Then hopefully I will get my new passport sooner then change my BRP card..
But by the slow process of UKBA :NoNo: :NoNo: i don't know, if i will change my BRP soon, however it's definite that I will renew my passport.

bhem_bhem
12th December 2012, 19:42
One member here, ConfusedMe, has been waiting for 7 months now she told me for her replacement BRP card. :doh Everything's stuck in UKBA at the moment. She said she has been calling UKBA only to be told to just wait. :NoNo:

thnx rayna, oh dear.. i really want to go home soon.. :bigcry:

bhem_bhem
12th December 2012, 19:48
:Wave:

This is also my concern, because My Philippine passport will expire next year so I am planning By Jan or Feb I will renew my passport and will use my Husband's lastname then into my new passport. Then hopefully I will get my new passport sooner then change my BRP card..
But by the slow process of UKBA :NoNo: :NoNo: i don't know, if i will change my BRP soon, however it's definite that I will renew my passport.

from what i've heard once your details has been changed you must apply for a replacement brp within 3 months or else they will fine u up to £1000 or shorten your stay.

bhem_bhem
12th February 2013, 11:37
timeline of my application for BRP replacement card:

17 Jan 2013 - posted my application
18 Jan 2013 - the royal mail confirmed the UKBA received it
23 Jan 2013 - received a letter from the UKBA that one of the caseworker is processing my application
28 Jan 2013 - received a letter that i need to enroll my biometrics
29 Jan 2013 - went to post office to enroll my biometrics
12 Feb 2013 - they returned all my documents saying that my brp card will arrive within 7 working days of the date of the letter (9 Feb, 2013)

hopefully i'll have my residence card this week :Jump:..

i'm quite pleased of their service..:smile:

Anakin
16th February 2013, 17:39
I hope it arrives too!
Ours hasn't turned up yet so we've had to ask for it to be sent on the 10 day working days rule.
:bigcry:

Terpe
16th February 2013, 21:33
I hope it arrives too!
Ours hasn't turned up yet so we've had to ask for it to be sent on the 10 day working days rule.

Bah!!!
Hope it gets to you very soon.

bhem_bhem
17th February 2013, 00:55
I hope it arrives too!

when did you apply for a replacement? i received my brp card 3 days ago,, hope u'll get yours soon.. :smile:

Anakin
17th February 2013, 14:23
we had a letter dated 31st Jan to say it had been sent. It said that if we hadn't received it within 10 working days of the letter we had to email them and tell them. That was last Friday. Am sick of waiting in. :cwm23:

tone
17th February 2013, 17:49
hello guys,, when i renewed my passport, i changed my surname. so now, i have to apply for a replacement brp. my question is, how long do i have to wait for them to send the card? thnx. :)

Hello
I'm a little confused I thought the main purpose of a separate BRP was if you change the passport the Card is maintained as it is?

Looking at this page
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/transfer-visa-to-passport/

It does say carry both passports unless you have the separate BRP.

I'm sure if I changed Rina's passport to her married name we wouldn't need a new BRP, bearing in mind we applied for FLR after we married yet had to put her maiden name on the FLR application.

Cheers
Tone

raynaputi
17th February 2013, 18:18
Hello
I'm a little confused I thought the main purpose of a separate BRP was if you change the passport the Card is maintained as it is?

Looking at this page
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/transfer-visa-to-passport/

It does say carry both passports unless you have the separate BRP.

I'm sure if I changed Rina's passport to her married name we wouldn't need a new BRP, bearing in mind we applied for FLR after we married yet had to put her maiden name on the FLR application.

Cheers
Tone

If your wife doesn't have a BRP card yet, then what you stated applies to her, considering that her current visa is stamped to her passport. The difference would be if the wife applied for FLR(M) using her passport with her maiden name and then was issued with a BRP card that contains her maiden name. Passport and BRP card should contain the same details. If she's gonna renew the passport and use her married name, the BRP card should be replaced too.

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit?
You must tell us as soon as you can if:

- you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
- you change your gender, legally or permanently;
- you change your nationality; or
- your facial appearance changes significantly.

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/biometric/

tone
17th February 2013, 18:26
Hey Rayna
I'm still confused!

It says if you change your details within passport/BRP or otherwise you have to notify UKBA.
How I read that is because we are married and Rina's surname is now mine we should notify them?
Is that correct?
Thanks
Tone

raynaputi
17th February 2013, 18:28
Does Rina have a BRP card? If she does, is it on her maiden name or married name?

tone
17th February 2013, 18:30
Does Rina have a BRP card? If she does, is it on her maiden name or married name?
Hiya
She has BRP (FLR) in her maiden name along with Filipino passport in maiden name.
Tone

raynaputi
17th February 2013, 18:36
Hiya
She has BRP (FLR) in her maiden name along with Filipino passport in maiden name.
Tone

If Rina would renew her passport using her married name, she needs to replace her BRP card as well as details there need to match.

tone
17th February 2013, 18:39
Hi Rayna
Ok I get that - was thinking of updating passport soon but may leave it!
After your experience of UKBA I don't want to send anything to those idiots to be honest!
Thanks for the clarification.

Tone

raynaputi
17th February 2013, 18:44
Hi Rayna
Ok I get that - was thinking of updating passport soon but may leave it!
After your experience of UKBA I don't want to send anything those idiots to be honest!
Thanks for the clarification.

Tone

Tell me about it! :NoNo: But in my case, my passport would expire September this year so I need to renew it and use my married name and then replace the BRP card too..I'm just hoping that we won't have to wait 10 months again just for the BRP card! :doh

bhem_bhem
17th February 2013, 19:10
we had a letter dated 31st Jan to say it had been sent. It said that if we hadn't received it within 10 working days of the letter we had to email them and tell them. That was last Friday. Am sick of waiting in. :cwm23:

Sorry to hear that anakin,, :NoNo: I'm guessing u emailed them already.. It won't be long now I think.

I'm surprised I got mine in less than 4 weeks.

simplesmayl
20th February 2013, 00:37
Made me nervous and confused after reading this thread. I didnt realise i had to change my brp if i am using my husband's last name. My passport and my brp for flr (which was approved dec 2011) is under my single name but i started using my husband's last name at work, bank details and bills.
My passport and visa are both up for renewal this november. Did i violate this 3month notice thingy for using my husband's last name? If so,can i get away with it if ill be renewing my passport and brp soon?
Hope someone can enlighten me :(

sars_notd_virus
20th February 2013, 19:06
some good info in this thread can we make this sticky ?? thanks

bhem_bhem
21st February 2013, 00:40
Made me nervous and confused after reading this thread. I didnt realise i had to change my brp if i am using my husband's last name. My passport and my brp for flr (which was approved dec 2011) is under my single name but i started using my husband's last name at work, bank details and bills.
My passport and visa are both up for renewal this november. Did i violate this 3month notice thingy for using my husband's last name? If so,can i get away with it if ill be renewing my passport and brp soon?
Hope someone can enlighten me :(

you don't have to apply for a replacement card since your passport and brp card contain the same details. :smile:

bhem_bhem
21st February 2013, 00:41
some good info in this thread can we made this sticky ?? thanks

thnx sars.. :smile:

Arthur Little
21st February 2013, 18:11
some good info in this thread can we made this sticky ?? thanks

Really :gp: Mari ... :yeahthat: ... and I've carried out your request accordingly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
21st February 2013, 18:15
Really :gp: Mari ... :yeahthat: ... and I've carried out your request accordingly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you vmuch sir Art..very kind of you :smile: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

simplesmayl
22nd February 2013, 21:11
im so relieved to know that.. thank you :Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

got another question though,if i were to renew my passport in May, do i still need to apply for a replacement card if im going to apply for ILR in November?

thanks alot :)

bhem_bhem
23rd February 2013, 01:45
im so relieved to know that.. thank you :Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

got another question though,if i were to renew my passport in May, do i still need to apply for a replacement card if im going to apply for ILR in November?

thanks alot :)

They said u have to apply for replacement within 3 months.. Try ring ukba if they will let you get away with it..:smile:

simplesmayl
8th March 2013, 20:45
Thanks Bhem.
Just one clarification and forgive me if i will sound daft. I dont need to worry if i use my married name on my bills, bank statement (which i will be using when i apply for ILR) for as long as my passport and brp id are both on my singe name?

thanks alot :Jump::Jump:

bhem_bhem
8th March 2013, 21:05
Thanks Bhem.
Just one clarification and forgive me if i will sound daft. I dont need to worry if i use my married name on my bills, bank statement (which i will be using when i apply for ILR) for as long as my passport and brp id are both on my singe name?

yeah no need to worry.. i changed my name right away after the wedding even if i'm still using my maiden name in my passport. :smile:

simplesmayl
8th March 2013, 21:17
Thanks alot. i can now breathe :crazy::crazy: reading about how long people are waiting to get their replacement brp kinda put me off in changing my last name therefore when i renew my passport next week, ill keep my maiden name and just wait till ILR is out of the way.

Thanks alot Bhem, you rock :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bhem_bhem
8th March 2013, 21:21
Thanks alot. i can now breathe :crazy::crazy: reading about how long people are waiting to get their replacement brp kinda put me off in changing my last name therefore when i renew my passport next week, ill keep my maiden name and just wait till ILR is out of the way.

Thanks alot Bhem, you rock :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

you're welcome.. :wink:

Bills
9th June 2013, 09:27
Lost my BRP card, applied a reentry visa, just got my temporary visa for one month to re enter UK, but there is a conflict, my lost BRP authorized me to to work, but my re-entry visa says "employment is prohibited",

my question is, can I still work? since I am thinking upon arriving to UK I will post my application thru Royal Mail and that my reentry visa that prohibits me to work will not be my existing immigration status (lost BRP) will continue until my application is decided? anyone please to explain for this matter or any link website for me to understand or anyone experienced here? ... thanks I'm New here

Msbelinda
15th April 2014, 21:12
Hello bhem_bhem, Can I ask you something? What kind of form did you used when you replaced your BRP Card?

because I was on the same situation right now, I apply a Biometric Resident Permit last year 2013, but it was on my single name and not on my married name because of my passport, I already renew my passport on my Married name and now I need to update my BRP card cos it need to be link on my passport, but I don't which form i should used? becuase there's a lot of form is link for changing a personal details.

Thank you so much for the Help..:smile:

Belinda x

raynaputi
15th April 2014, 22:58
Please go to this link for the form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-replacement-biometric-residence-permit-brprc

Msbelinda
16th April 2014, 22:04
Thank you so much Raynaputi for your reply really appreciated.

I already look to that form, and there's a question in there about what is your reason for replacing your BRP card? there's no question about changing your details like ( ex. Surname. )

Section 3 - Reason for Application
C. Reason for Application
We can accept a BRP(RC) application without a passport or travel document in the following
circumstances:

the BRP(RC) application is made for a straight like-for-like replacement of a lost / stolen BRP
or
ISD (there are no change of personal details etc),
and;

The initial BRP or ISD was issued less than two years ago

In all other circumstances your current passport or travel document and Biometric Residence
Permit (BRP) must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the
application form
C1. Please tick one or more of the boxes below to tell us why you are applying for a
replacement Biometric Residence Permit.
Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration Status
Document
has been lost or stolen
go to C2
Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration Status
Document damaged
go to C4
Biometric Permit expired after receiving Indefinite
Leave to Remain
go to C5
Replace Immigration Status Document with Biometric
Residence Permit

I'm sorry but I don't know which one I should tick on that box, if it's the right one :(

Thank you so much for the help very much appreciated. God bless x

raynaputi
16th April 2014, 23:29
Oh my...I'm sorry Belinda. Looks like the form doesn't cover the change of name.

On this page, https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp/youre-in-the-uk-and-have-a-brp (https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp/youre-in-the-uk-and-have-a-brp), it states below:

Report all other changes

You must immediately report any changes to your:

name (eg because you’ve got married)
facial appearance
date of birth (eg because it was incorrect)

You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You may be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you don’t.

You should use form NTL or TOC (https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa) to report these changes and apply for a new BRP.

But I checked that NTL form and it's for ILR holders. TOC is for transfer of visa. I'm now confused! :doh When I replaced my BRP, I used the BRP(RC) form but it has the section to change the name. :cwm25:

I think you better call UKVI for a clarification.

vernier caliper
17th April 2014, 17:57
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-a-replacement-biometric-residence-permit-brprc

Hi MsBelinda.

With regards to the link attached, the first page will give you this information:

"Detail
Use this form:

- if your personal details have changed (holders of current biometric residence permits only)
- if your biometric residence permit has been lost, stolen or damaged
- if your biometric residence permit has expired after you have received indefinite leave to remain
- if you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your immigration status document with a biometric residence permit
- if you have been granted humanitarian protection and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your immigration status document with a biometric residence permit"

However, on the BRP(RC) Application form the details are different:

"Use this form:
- if your BRP has been lost, stolen or damaged
- if your BRP has expired after receiving indefinite leave to remain
- if you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your ISD has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP
- if you have been granted humanitarian protection and your ISD has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP"

Definitely the first one highlighted above - changed of name has been over looked.

I agree with Rayna, it's worth contacting UKVI about this issue. Otherwise, you will end up paying £1000 if you will not update your BRP.

Good luck on your application.

aprilmaejon
17th April 2014, 18:27
Thanks Bhem.

That won't be a problem. My proof of addresses when I applied for my FLR were all in married name though my passport and BRP are on my maiden name. You will only need to replace your BRP if you have renewed your passport, as both details should match....

Msbelinda
21st April 2014, 18:12
Thank you so much vernier_caliper and raynaputi for reply and help, I really appreciated :smile:.

Yeah I think the best is to call Uk Border Agenc or Maybe Croydon :smile:..

Thank you so much and goodluck :smile: