PDA

View Full Version : chances of visa approval

catherineholmes
13th August 2007, 19:01
hello everyone!!

first, i would like to express my sincere thanks to the people who put up this site... it somehow gives light to people like me.

well, here is my issue:

i was granted a uk visitor's visa last year, june 2006, which is set to expire on december 2006. november 2006, my sister (a work permit holder) told me that i could try applying for a work permit, since her employer is willing to hire me. we lodged the work permit application in no time, and submitted my passport with it. the application result came out on february 2007, and unfortunately, it was denied. after that, we didnt know what to do, if to do an appeal. but also during that time, i met a wonderful british guy, and on march 2007, he proposed to me, which added up to the already complicated things; because we (my sister and i) didnt know if i should do an appeal, or get married (but how?). and these confusion led us to the idea that i should just go home and apply for a fiancee visa.

the arrangement of things there in the uk (booking of church, paperwork, looking for a solicitor) took us roughly 4 months, and i just went back here in the Philippines this july 2007. its a good thing though, that i have all the necessary documents and i was able to lodge the visa application last july 25, 2007 (am i allowed to post the date?)

the questions that i have though, are as follows:

- what are the chances that i could still be issued a visa (because i kind of overstayed my visa there in the UK)
- and if i have a chance, somehow, what are the chances that it will be issued before my would-be flight date (my fiance booked me a return ticket)
- also, will it be issued just in time, because we have booked the catholic church wedding in october
- how can i enquire about the status of my application?

its just because i went to the VFS to lodge my application, i didnt know the waiting time... but when the application was already submitted, i was given a piece of paper saying something about the waiting times.. and fiancee visa, which falls under settlement, says i need to wait for 3 months.. is that true?

with regard to the documents, we have submitted everything, and we even have a letter from the priest, confirming about booking the wedding, of course subject to the visa issuance. also, we have a letter from the solicitor, explaining what happened to my overstaying, etc etc..

please help me with any info.. im really anxious because all i have is a month before would-be departure, and i dont even know if i have the chance of getting the visa..

any input will be highly appreciated..

thank you so much for reading, and for responding..

cheers!

catherine

eljean
13th August 2007, 19:56
since you have already lodge your application its best to wait for the result and yes the maximum time is 3 months...you can actually trace your application through vfs site i dont know if its the same thing as ukvacs b4...only the eco will decide if you be granted by the visa good luck...

Pepe n Pilar
14th August 2007, 08:38
Hi Catherine,
You can visit this website if you want to know the updates of your application : ukvacs.net.
Since you already have filed i guess you have to wait for the results. If you're travelling back to England as fiance visa then check the requirements on : www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk). You will be under the family/fiance/spousal visa column.
With regards to your documents submitted which you said you already have the letter from the priest confirming the wedding, if you show them to the Embassy they might give you less than 3 months waiting time. That still depends on the queue.
Date of Return ticket can be cancelled or be changed.
Just make things one at a time to avoid pressure. You should have not booked for a return flight since you are not yet sure of the approval of your visa. Anyway, Good luck and best regards..:)

KeithD
14th August 2007, 09:05
ISME_LYE: Please use the QUICK REPY at the bottom of the page, I'm having to delete masses of text every time you use QUOTE. Thanks.

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 06:41
Thanks Boss.... Sorry for that. This is the first site i have registered and first time to try this kind of exchanging views with excellent awesome people. Thanks again and more power to this site!!!!

A_flyer
15th August 2007, 11:22
please help me with any info.. im really anxious because all i have is a month before would-be departure, and i dont even know if i have the chance of getting the visa..
The main problem in your application is that you overstay on your preceding visa. This will be considered (negative point). European countries are more and more sensitive on foreigners overstaying their stay illegally. How UK Immigration can be confident that you would not overstay again? If you where applying for a Shengen Fiancé visa, you would be denied because of your overstay. Good for you, UK is not a Schengen state. But... Good luck anyway.

If you're denied, you have to consider to marry in the Philippines prior a new application. This would give you better chances.

grate-britte
5th September 2007, 11:07
Actually you can no longer track visa application on VFS website since about 20 July 2007. This was due to a security lapse which was discovered by a person who was not actually interested in hacking but informed ukvisas

Alpha
9th November 2007, 09:33
dear I am very concern about traveling but recent years I discover many rules that stop some good minded idea people travelling,so I would like to get more knowledge about how to arrange a good trip.

Alpha
9th November 2007, 09:35
dear I am very concern about traveling but recent years I discover many rules that stop some good minded idea people travelling,so I would like to get more knowledge about how to arrange a good trip.
.I am very interested about traveling and I enjoy meet new people.Thanks to help.

kimmi
9th November 2007, 11:58
hi Alpha,

welcome to the forum..:)

A_flyer
9th November 2007, 17:59
Before planning anything, the first thing to see is "do you need a visa" and "how I can obtain it". Than after you got the good answers to these questions, you can begin to look for itinary and travel arrangements.

And this apply whatever your citizenship is (it's what is driving visa requrements).

Missyalice
9th November 2007, 18:02
Welcome to the forum Alpha!:)

greenbeltboy
17th November 2007, 13:15
Hello. Any info about same-gender (male) marriage/civil partnership would be highly appreciated! My partner and I are planning to get a civil partnership.

One of the requirements for the Visa application for this kind of Visa is a log of chats. We have logs, but we don't type much, since we're on Skype, and can see and hear each other. We only use the text-based chat if we need to clarify something, or show a website, or show an emoticon. Will there be a problem with that?

kimmi
17th November 2007, 13:26
hi greenbelt boy

welcome to the forum..there are already some post here about ur query..if i am not mistaken the member's name is Gordon, there are some informative replies on his post, just use the search button and also try to visit the VFS website..

goodluck:)

greenbeltboy
17th November 2007, 14:38
hi greenbelt boy

welcome to the forum..there are already some post here about ur query..if i am not mistaken the member's name is Gordon, there are some informative replies on his post, just use the search button and also try to visit the VFS website..

goodluck:)

I've already tried searching before, but don't know what keywords I should search, so I didn't have much luck.:NoNo:

somebody
18th November 2007, 03:10
Hello. Any info about same-gender (male) marriage/civil partnership would be highly appreciated! My partner and I are planning to get a civil partnership.

One of the requirements for the Visa application for this kind of Visa is a log of chats. We have logs, but we don't type much, since we're on Skype, and can see and hear each other. We only use the text-based chat if we need to clarify something, or show a website, or show an emoticon. Will there be a problem with that?

if you can show when you were logged on and chatting they don't want to see what about.

jta
18th November 2007, 09:17
[QUOTE=catherineholmes;30497]hello everyone!!

hi catherine,

don't worry so much, just wait the result of your application. I have a friend who was overstayed in uk for about 3 years and she went back home in philippines because she got married to a british citizen then apply the settlement visa with no problem. so goodluck.....

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 14:51
if you can show when you were logged on and chatting they don't want to see what about.

Do you mean, like if I can show screenshots of my partner and I while we were on a video conversation?

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:35
Do you mean, like if I can show screenshots of my partner and I while we were on a video conversation?

:NoNo:NO:NoNo:

Is this somekind of a joke?:doh

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:50
:NoNo:NO:NoNo:

Is this somekind of a joke?:doh

:Erm: Not a joke. I didn't know what he/she meant, hence my post.

walesrob
26th November 2007, 15:54
:Erm: Not a joke. I didn't know what he/she meant, hence my post.

No, you only need chat transcripts.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:58
No, you only need chat transcripts.

Thank you very much for kindly answering my question. Our chat transcripts might seem "broken" to any other readers. Since we chat on Skype with our video and audio on, we don't need to type much, unless we want to show or clarify something to one another.

Do you think that will be a problem? I actually made a "cover letter" with an explanation of our chat logs, and we are planning to put that in front of the actual logs.

kimmi
26th November 2007, 16:04
Thank you very much for kindly answering my question. Our chat transcripts might seem "broken" to any other readers. Since we chat on Skype with our video and audio on, we don't need to type much, unless we want to show or clarify something to one another.

Do you think that will be a problem? I actually made a "cover letter" with an explanation of our chat logs, and we are planning to put that in front of the actual logs.

it will be ok Greenbelt, u can also show them that u are communicating through letters and cards isnt it?so it wont be an issue if u cant provide chat logs..

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:09
it will be ok Greenbelt, u can also show them that u are communicating through letters and cards isnt it?so it wont be an issue if u cant provide chat logs..

We only used postal service when he sent me a card, then I sent him a birthday card, and that's it (so far). It's not like we use it regularly to exchange romantic letters? Heheh :rolleyes:

kimmi
26th November 2007, 16:14
we also used the postal service in sending letters and cards but my application for fiancee visa went ok..

I guess, it woul be better for u to decide first wot kind of visa u really want to apply so at least u can focus on preparing on the documents needed for it.

But if u think, u really want to try the settlement visa/civil partnership, u need to gather as much evidence as possible so there's no way for the ECO to deny ur application..

Goodluck..:)

walesrob
26th November 2007, 16:16
When Elsa applied for her visa, we didn't include any of our Yahoo chat logs, even though we used to talk everyday via Yahoo messenger. We did submit about 100 printouts of our emails instead, and put them in date order, to show we have been emailing each other regularly over a period of time.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:16
Thank you. We are thinking of getting a Settlement/Civil Partnership Visa.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:17
SETTLEMENT VISA
Sponsored by a Fiancé (e) or same Sex Partner

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:19
When Elsa applied for her visa, we didn't include any of our Yahoo chat logs, even though we used to talk everyday via Yahoo messenger.

Why didn't you include your chat logs? (if it's ok to ask)

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:21
I'm aware that according to the SETTLEMENT VISA Sponsored by a Fiancé (e) or same Sex Partner PDF:

Evidence that you and your sponsor have remained in contact during sponsor’s absences from the Philippines. Telephone bills, copies of emails and personal letters may help to show this. Please note that you are not legally obliged to provide such correspondence, however, they may assist the Entry Clearance Officer in reaching a decision on your application.

walesrob
26th November 2007, 16:21
Why didn't you include your chat logs? (if it's ok to ask)

Because they were private, and contained the secret codes :omg::icon_lol: No, really, I thought our emails were good enough, and as I said we had plenty of those.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:25
LOL! Okay... I don't think we email each other a lot, since we're almost always on Skype, chatting (on video/audio). We have our Skype turned on auto answer. :)

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 18:24
I was just browsing my passport and saw that I have a stamp from my previous Visa application for the USA. It's dated June 17, 1997. It has no status stamp (approved/rejected), but I think it was denied. Will this affect my application for a UK Visa? :idea:

andypaul
26th November 2007, 21:44
I'm aware that according to the SETTLEMENT VISA Sponsored by a Fiancé (e) or same Sex Partner PDF:

I read that as we can't demand you show us these details for various reasons but if you don't we will wonder why.

If you have chat logs its worth sending the best way imo to gaining a visa is to make it as easy as possible for the ECO to tick all the boxes on the checklist and have any reason they think why they might object to giving a visa being made invalid with evidence or a wrriten explantion.

I guess Its makes no difference for an ECO to pass a visa or deny it as far as i know, so make there life easy with lots of evidence and a good covering letters answering any queries they might have regarding your application.

A pass means a basic report, asking an office minion to produce visa stamp in passport and denying means writing a detailed report in case of an appeal,writing a letter, possible more work due to an appeal or complaint.

The above is just an educated guess but 99% of people like an easy life so try and give the ECO one and they will help you out hopefully by granting the visa.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 22:00
Hhhmmm.. Ok? :Erm:

JAMZ
26th November 2007, 22:28
Just print the Call History in your conversation whether it is a call or chat in Skype or YM...From now on, you may save all these in your archive for documentation purposes...

joyce
27th November 2007, 09:46
I was just browsing my passport and saw that I have a stamp from my previous Visa application for the USA. It's dated June 17, 1997. It has no status stamp (approved/rejected), but I think it was denied. Will this affect my application for a UK Visa? :idea:

yes, it was denied coz no visa appeared on your passport. If you will apply for a fiancee/spouse visa it will not affect your application. As long as you can satisfy the ECO of the ff:financial, accommodation and your relationship.

Peanutz
28th November 2007, 12:23

Hi Greenbeltboy,

I don't think it will affect your UK visa application, but, they might ask why you have been denied a US visa.

When is your passport expiration? It should be expiring now if I am not mistaken, usually it is valid for ten years? I might be wrong, you should know why you have been denied a US visa, just in case an ECO would ask.

kimmi
28th November 2007, 12:32
so if greenbelt will renew his passport the denied US application will not be there anymore..

Problem solved.

LadyJ
28th November 2007, 12:41
Still on the application form it asked 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?'

If you renewed your passport and not shown your refused stamp from the US embassy you still must mention on the application that you have been refused a visa before.

kimmi
28th November 2007, 12:45
Very Well said sis LadyJ, Honesty is the best policy..:)

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:23
Hi Greenbeltboy,

I don't think it will affect your UK visa application, but, they might ask why you have been denied a US visa.

When is your passport expiration? It should be expiring now if I am not mistaken, usually it is valid for ten years? I might be wrong, you should know why you have been denied a US visa, just in case an ECO would ask.

Thanks for the response. My passport will expire September of next year.
I have 2 passports (other one is expired, my first), and from the looks of it, it expires after 5 years. Not sure if it's applicable to all, but both of my passports
are/were valid for 5 years. :)

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:25
so if greenbelt will renew his passport the denied US application will not be there anymore..

Problem solved.

I'm not trying to hide anything, but was just merely wondering. They want to see all passports anyway, so I guess there's no way of hiding! :D

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:26
Still on the application form it asked 'Have you ever been refused a visa for any country, including the UK?'

If you renewed your passport and not shown your refused stamp from the US embassy you still must mention on the application that you have been refused a visa before.

That's what I'm planning to do.

kimmi
28th November 2007, 13:31
I'm not trying to hide anything, but was just merely wondering. They want to see all passports anyway, so I guess there's no way of hiding! :D

thats great mate!:) at least u will gonna provide them all the docs more than they expect..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:33
thats great mate!:) at least u will gonna provide them all the docs more than they expect..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't think that it's "more than they expect". They are expecting ALL passports from an applicant (if more than 1).

kimmi
28th November 2007, 13:43
I don't think that it's "more than they expect". They are expecting ALL passports from an applicant (if more than 1).

well since uve been doing researches for all the docs u need and also with regards to the passport I am sure u can prepare ur application very well..

i just hope it will be successful! Goodluck..

btw, have u decided already wot visa to take?so at least u can fix ur mind on wot to focus?

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:46
Thank you!

Thinking of getting a Fiance visa :)

Settlement_sponsored_by_fiance

kimmi
28th November 2007, 13:49
oh that good..and it also helps that ure doing the research as early as now..:)

greenbeltboy
28th November 2007, 13:58
I've been researching about this, like, for at least forever!:D:Cuckoo:

raine58
6th December 2007, 19:51
hi all....just to say,before i get my fiancee to apply visa.i payed and downloaded from immigration lawyers all their info,,cost £40,,,,,,,it was money well spent,,,sample letters for what you and partner need to write,,,follow them ,,,,,,how to fill in the form,,sample q for interview /interrigation,,general advice,,,,,,,like ,if you speak half reasonable english,do not use a provided interpriter,,,,,,,,,,,if you write the letters well,,then you cover most points that may otherwise require an interview,,as said ,make it easy for them to say yes,,,,,,,,,,,
anyway,,the outcome,,im going back to ozamis christmas,,and coming home with my fiancee,,,,,she got visa without even an interview,,,,take pictures,,i even got one with my washing drying at parents house heheh,,get pictures with family,,,,,,save all documents from being there,,be thorough,,,,,and best of luck..........if anyone wants any help with letters ect,,,,im happy to help,,free of course,,im not lawyer ........email tidleytoes-myATyahoo.com
chris,,,,,,,,,,and soon michelle

karlette
7th May 2008, 20:57
helo im karlette from paris;ive been read all the situations and posts in this site.i met my fiancee since march last year and we got engage last sept. and then planning to get married this coming aug.2008.my problem is im not legal here in paris.we already ask the phil embassy and the british embassy that they cant do any marriage ceremonies not unless i will go back to my home country and get married there.what if my settlement visa application will affect my application to be refused because i stay longer here in paris.im already stress thinking whats the best i can do?pls let me know what will i do?

Piamed
7th May 2008, 21:03
Hi there Karlette.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will soon receive advise that you need!

Good luck!

kimmi
8th May 2008, 13:06
hi Karlette,

welcome to the forum..:) It will be btter for u to open a new thread so lots of our friends can answer u..:)

joebloggs
8th May 2008, 13:27
what country is your b/f in :Erm: uk or france

overstaying in France should not effect your visa app at the british embassy in manila.

but if you came to the uk and overstayed, thats a different matter, from October mandatory bans will be given to those who have overstayed in the past.

A_flyer
8th May 2008, 20:44
helo im karlette from paris;ive been read all the situations and posts in this site.i met my fiancee since march last year and we got engage last sept. and then planning to get married this coming aug.2008.my problem is im not legal here in paris.we already ask the phil embassy and the british embassy that they cant do any marriage ceremonies not unless i will go back to my home country and get married there.what if my settlement visa application will affect my application to be refused because i stay longer here in paris.im already stress thinking whats the best i can do?pls let me know what will i do?
You have no other choice than coming back in the Philippines, you will never be able in France to clarify your situation there and get a residency card. Even if you marry in France, it will not give you the residency rights and you will have to go to the Philippines and request a spouse visa at the Embassy in Manila (and find good explanations for the overstay with the interview, your husband should be there too as he will be interviewed). But with the overstay and the new French immigration laws, I can't stay it will be automatically granted even if your husband in French (which I don't know).
You're also flagged as overstaying in the all 25 Schengen European countries as they share the same immigration database...

grate-britte
18th July 2008, 15:02
My gf, (now wife) did get a visitor visa after an 8 week wait and an interview. The ECO said he didn't believe she would return to the Phil and she was convinced she had been refused, but he did grant the visa for 6 months. She returned before the six months were up and then I came over to the Phil and we got married in June 2008 after she waited 3 months for me to be able to get over to the Phil. Now we are waiting for a spouse visa (4 weeks gone). So the poor thing has had waited a total of 6 months in the last year. She should receive at least a Nobel prize when she gets here. Many thanks to all the expert people who post on this blog for the useful guidance.