PDA

View Full Version : insurance

stevewool
9th December 2012, 11:31
so many insurance policies, but do we need them all, yes car insurance and house insurance, but i try to get the best deals for what i am wanting at the time, that way you can save sometimes hundreds of pounds, i have critical illness and mortgage insurance and i am going to stop it, after reading what i cant claim for i may as well be dead, also i have personal insurance too and as long as i dont have anything that arises because of multiple sclerosis or any disorder of the nervous system it may pay out, i am thinking of stopping this too,the total fee is getting upwards of £100 a month, i am covered with a work insurance, which i think is 3.5x my wage so i am sure i am ok to cancell these policies, any advice

Ako Si Jamie
9th December 2012, 11:41
The only insurance I've got out is travel insurance for when I go to the Phils next.

andy222
9th December 2012, 11:49
Same here. As for critical illness policies make sure you read the very small print. Most of them are con artists.

Michael Parnham
9th December 2012, 12:00
Steve, for the amount of money your paying every month you would have been better with a five year savings plan!!

stevewool
9th December 2012, 14:15
yes its a small fortune, but they make you feel you need it at the time, looks like the magic phone call will be made this coming week and the direct debits stopped

lastlid
9th December 2012, 15:18
They say that the only dumb insurance policy is the one you don't take out. But I don't agree with that as there has to be a balance that suits the individual and the individual's pocket.

bigmac
9th December 2012, 17:54
i recently rented a galaxy phone from tesco--their value £ 140. [ 2 year contract ] the insurance (optional ) was £6 a month---with excesses and enough small print to cause a migraine.---so thats £ 144 over the 2 years. fat chance. i'll risk it.

Ako Si Jamie
9th December 2012, 19:52
i recently rented a galaxy phone from tesco--their value £ 140. [ 2 year contract ] the insurance (optional ) was £6 a month---with excesses and enough small print to cause a migraine.---so thats £ 144 over the 2 years. fat chance. i'll risk it.If something did go wrong with the phone or it got lost, you could get a replacement off Ebay for a lot less than £144