PDA

View Full Version : my flight is cancelled

imagine
7th December 2012, 06:06
woke up at 2 am to find my flight cancelled,

there may be another possibility for saturday instead , but its like 6 am in the morning, being there for about 2 hours before ,

06:05 Aberdeen08:45 Amsterdam21h05KLMKL1440
12:30 Amsterdam06:45GuangzhouChina SouthernKL4301This flight arrives 1 day later.
08:50 Guangzhou11:10 Manila China SouthernCZ3091Details

assuming Guangzhou is china, is a visa for transfer needed their or no ?

gladz
7th December 2012, 06:19
Sorry to hear about your flights cancellation Imagine.

I hope my husband's flight will not be cancelled.Got me worried:NoNo:.

What should be your connecting flight?Was it malaysia?

imagine
7th December 2012, 07:53
Sorry to hear about your flights cancellation Imagine.

I hope my husband's flight will not be cancelled.Got me worried:NoNo:.

What should be your connecting flight?Was it malaysia?

thanks, was aberdeen to amsterdam to manila

i been in que to klm over an hour now on phone still no answer

hope your husbands flights are ok

lastlid
7th December 2012, 07:58
I would say no visa required if you remain in transit ie transferring.

lastlid
7th December 2012, 08:01
Guangzhou.

Yes in China. Used to be known as Canton, apparently.

imagine
7th December 2012, 08:29
after almost 1 and a half hours got through to klm, there was a fully booked flight later this afternoon, he put me on hold, 5 minutes more, came back, i managed to get you on this flight sir :603785::603785::603785: just to get my email ticket now, :biggrin: manila here i come

RickyR
7th December 2012, 08:31
No visa required for <24 hr transit in China.

imagine
7th December 2012, 09:06
No visa required for <24 hr transit in China.

thanks for that,, the new flight is aberdeen,,, schipol,,,,, manila,

as long as this dont get cancelled too :yikes: then i have no need to worry about china anymore :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
7th December 2012, 09:18
Sorry to hear the bad news stewart. What was the exact reason for the cancellation? I know you mentioned snow but where? In aberdeen?

imagine
7th December 2012, 09:23
thanks andy,, its schipol airport disruptions and cancelations europe inbound flights, due to snow and expected wind snow blizzards

andy222
7th December 2012, 09:27
Bloody hell. Maybe its for the best mate better to get a flight saturday than risk your life. Keep your chin up.

Dedworth
7th December 2012, 10:15
thanks for that,, the new flight is aberdeen,,, schipol,,,,, manila,

as long as this dont get cancelled too :yikes: then i have no need to worry about china anymore :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fingers crossed on the weather - I thought KLM had stopped direct Amsterdam to Manila flights

nnomad
7th December 2012, 10:20
hi imagine, i hope you have a great time,,,,,,,,,,,, i know you will not miss the weather conditions here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grahamw48
7th December 2012, 10:34
Good luck Stewart. You'll get there, don't worry !

KLM are ok. Used them for my very first flight to Phils also.

I remember one time Gatwick was closed cos of snow and we were put up in a posh hotel for the night. (BA flight). Very nice. :smile:

Treat it all as part of the adventure mate....and don't forget your packed lunch. :biggrin:

lastlid
7th December 2012, 11:04
after almost 1 and a half hours got through to klm, there was a fully booked flight later this afternoon, he put me on hold, 5 minutes more, came back, i managed to get you on this flight sir :603785::603785::603785: just to get my email ticket now, :biggrin: manila here i come
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
7th December 2012, 14:38
A recommendation for travellers, most airlines including KLM and Cebu Pacific are on Facebook. When there are disruptions the news is often posted there first including best methods to get in touch, hotlines and more.
KLM yesterday posted all of its changed, delayed and cancelled schedules and also posted regular updates on the snow.

bod
7th December 2012, 14:56
KLM , now fly via Malaysia and Taiwan , we came to PI this week on KLM, hope your flight is better than ours! Manchester to AMS delayed so lots of people missed connecting flights! We got put up overnight in an airport hotel , and then put on the flight the next evening via Taiwan ( original flight was via Malaysia , more of this later) we had a nice day in Amsterdam although it rained ! The fight in the evening was fine, with just over an hour transt stop in Taiwan, so all very well , until we land in Manila and our bags where still in Malaysia ! We were promised that they would be put on our flight via Taiwan! The last time this happened we got given a few 1000 pesos to buy basic items, not this time, bags landed the next day , this caused problems as our hotel was fully booked up and we couldnt find another hotel in makati with any rooms! Thankfully a friend got us in at the Shangila ! I will have to contact KLM about this when we get back to the UK, On the whole KLM are pretty good, what didnt help was the short connecting times and the Fog in Manchester. Hope your flight is less eventfull!
I wonder what happens if the passengers passport is not valid for a stay in Amsterdam, would they have to stay in the airport?

RickyR
7th December 2012, 16:00
I wonder what happens if the passengers passport is not valid for a stay in Amsterdam, would they have to stay in the airport?

The airline takes the passports and requests immigration to provide transit visas, which some people get, and some people don't. Those that get them get to go to a nice warm hotel and wait for their flight, those that don't get them issued sleep on the floor with a 10 euro voucher and phone card...

gladz
8th December 2012, 03:00
thanks, was aberdeen to amsterdam to manila

i been in que to klm over an hour now on phone still no answer

hope your husbands flights are ok

Husband's flight from manchester to amsterdam was delayed.It was a sort of touch and go as few minutes after landing in amsterdam he went on que for his next flight to malaysia then philippines.

Glad to know you will soon be in manila.Happy times ahead.Enjoy your holiday.:Wave:

junior02
9th December 2012, 07:31
thanks andy,, its schipol airport disruptions and cancelations europe inbound flights, due to snow and expected wind snow blizzards

Advice is dont fly via europe in winter as they can get lots of bad weather, had same problem few years ago on lufthansa from lhr..

RickyR
9th December 2012, 07:40
Unfortunately I have 45 flights scheduled already for next year, of which at least 10 of them are in the winter in Europe. No real option of avoiding that!