PDA

View Full Version : What you miss during Christmas in the Philippines??

sars_notd_virus
7th December 2012, 01:36
Family Reunion and Lechon in Noche Buena:hubbahubba:
puto bungbong and bibingka
Christmas Carol everyday
shopping using the jeepney or trike during Christmas to avoid excessive petrol usage because of traffic.
Star City and Enchanted Kingdom for the kids and adult.
30 to 30 plus degrees temperature.

what else what else??

grahamw48
7th December 2012, 10:54
Well that cheered me up. :cwm3:

The one time I regret not being a 'believer'.

lastlid
7th December 2012, 11:00
Do they go carolling in the Philippines?

raynaputi
7th December 2012, 11:17
Do they go carolling in the Philippines?

Yes, most of the kids do..and even group choirs do it for charity. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
7th December 2012, 11:23
Yes, most of the kids do..and even group choirs do it for charity. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can just imagine a rousing chorus of In the Bleak Midwinter sung in a pair of shorts and flip-flops (slippers).

raynaputi
7th December 2012, 11:28
Family Reunion and Lechon in Noche Buena:hubbahubba:
puto bungbong and bibingka
Christmas Carol everyday
shopping using the jeepney or trike during Christmas to avoid excessive petrol usage because of traffic.
Star City and Enchanted Kingdom for the kids and adult.
30 to 30 plus degrees temperature.

what else what else??

My friends and I usually spend a day to have Christmas party in an orphanage or homes for the elderly and give them gifts. Their smiles and laughs are priceless. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I also miss hearing Christmas songs being played in the radio over and over again. I can't do that here as I might just cry being so far away from my family.

I miss the SALE all over Manila. Sale here in the UK is different, it is still expensive for my taste! :icon_lol:

I miss Christmas parties in the office, among friends, in our neighborhood, etc. You can never have too much of it..haha..Kris Kringle is one of a nice way having exchange gifts.

I miss Simbang Gabi or Misa De Gallo.

Family reunions and Noche Buena (the food!!!) are what I miss the most. :cwm3:

lastlid
7th December 2012, 11:47
I miss the SALE all over Manila. Sale here in the UK is different, it is still expensive for my taste! :icon_lol:

Try the sales at Cheshire Oaks. Ellesmere Port.

lastlid
7th December 2012, 20:27
I just checked with Mrs Lastlid. She said they all used to go carol singing, door to door, especially as kids. But she said the carols were Filipino carols.

Terpe
7th December 2012, 21:12
...Family reunions and Noche Buena (the food!!!) are what I miss the most. :cwm3:

I've been lucky enough to enjoy some truly memorable Christmas times in the Philippines.
Yes, I too just love the large family gathering, happy times and plenty of good food :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th December 2012, 21:17
the warmth on the sun on your face

andy222
7th December 2012, 22:01
My wife and stepdaughter.:doh