PDA

View Full Version : Bon Voyage, 'Imagine'

Arthur Little
5th December 2012, 12:54
Imagine ... another good friend and forum stalwart will be flying out to the Phils later this week :airline: to meet his girlfriend Lolita in the Capital, en route - I imagine - ['scuse pun] to Lolita's home town of Malaybalay in Bukidnon Province ... a beautiful part of Mindanao that I can vouch for, having visited it personally.

All of us here hope and :pray: climatic conditions will have returned to some semblance of normality by the time of your arrival, Stewart ... in order that you and your Mahal :lovecouple: can enjoy to the full ... what, I'm certain, promises to be the wonderfully enriching experience you both deserve.

So ... take care, my friend and God Bless. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
5th December 2012, 13:04
Take care of all that chocolate! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th December 2012, 13:15
Take care of all that chocolate! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh yes ... don't be tempted to eat that stack of 'Yorkie Bars' before you get there! :icon_lol:

rusty
5th December 2012, 13:30
Safe trip Imagine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All of us here hope and :pray: climatic conditions will have returned to some semblance of normality by the time of your arrival

and hopefully you will be able to leave before more snow gets here and disrupts travel arrangements.

Michael Parnham
5th December 2012, 13:50
Enjoy, Imagine!!

melovesengland
5th December 2012, 13:59
Have a safe trip, Imagine!!! :Wave:

joebloggs
5th December 2012, 14:16
:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th December 2012, 14:32
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep, Bon Voyage Stewart.

I'm sure you'll have a truly wonderful and memorable trip :Jump:

stevie c
5th December 2012, 14:36
Have a safe trip ! A fantastic time with Lolita :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
5th December 2012, 14:38
Have a safe enjoyable journey, and a brilliant time with your mahal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th December 2012, 14:50
wow what a send off:biggrin: thanks Arthur for great send off,

thanks also Terpe, lastlid, rusty, michael, meloves, joe, Iani, stevie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

busy finishing off my packing today,bubblewrapping the chocolate, only the odd casualty:icon_lol::hubbahubba:

got contact again today with Lolita and she is fine after the worry of the storm,

here last night thunder lightning wind and snow, pray now the road is not blocked with snow drifts come friday when i travel to airport :cwm25:

lastlid
5th December 2012, 16:08
wow what a send off:biggrin: thanks Arthur for great send off,

thanks also Terpe, lastlid, rusty, michael, meloves, joe, Iani, stevie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

busy finishing off my packing today,bubblewrapping the chocolate, only the odd casualty:icon_lol::hubbahubba:

got contact again today with Lolita and she is fine after the worry of the storm,

here last night thunder lightning wind and snow, pray now the road is not blocked with snow drifts come friday when i travel to airport :cwm25:

I hear there is snow in Aberdeen today?

cheekee
5th December 2012, 16:13
Have a safe and enjoyable trip :)

raynaputi
5th December 2012, 16:17
Have a safe trip and ENJOY! :Jump: Don't forget to post photos here after :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
5th December 2012, 16:51
Have a good one Stewart ! :Jump:

Take plenty of pictures. We'll be starting a knobbly knees and 'whitest legs' thread soon. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
5th December 2012, 17:00
Enjoy your trip Stewart :smile:

fred
5th December 2012, 17:16
Welcome back to MY time zone!
Just dont forget,in regards this forum.... Its MINE!!:icon_lol:

Dedworth
5th December 2012, 18:16
Have a great tour of duty :biggrin:

imagine
5th December 2012, 18:23
I hear there is snow in Aberdeen today?

you heard right :biggrin: all the above last night, its eased off today,nothing in like as deep snow as yet, just white and cold, i saw a predicted minus 8 for my area, not sure if that was last night or yet to come, i know if theres a bad snow with wind, the road mintlaw to ellon bypass can get blocked with high drifts across the road, same on the way to dyce , maybe a way round , a long way round, anyway friday hopefully will be ok,

darn chocolate, i had to throw overboard some of my things to fit them in the case :icon_lol:

imagine
5th December 2012, 18:25
Have a good one Stewart ! :Jump:

Take plenty of pictures. We'll be starting a knobbly knees and 'whitest legs' thread soon. :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

i aint showing my knees :yikes: no way :icon_lol::icon_lol:

imagine
5th December 2012, 18:27
Thanks cheekee, raynaputi, graham, Alan, fred and ded :xxgrinning--00xx3::biggrin:

alanmf1
5th December 2012, 19:36
Have A wonderful time,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rhose
5th December 2012, 19:53
great!! enjoy yourself in the Philippines..have a safe trip..:smile:

imagine
5th December 2012, 20:09
Have A wonderful time,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th December 2012, 20:10
great!! enjoy yourself in the Philippines..have a safe trip..:smile:

jlags90
5th December 2012, 20:13
Are you going to pick some fresh pineapples in Bukidnon? Have a wonderful and warm holiday stewart..:biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
5th December 2012, 20:42
Have a good trip Stewart. Let us know how it went when you come back. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:05
Have a good trip Stewart. Let us know how it went when you come back. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i will, thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
5th December 2012, 21:10
Are you going to pick some fresh pineapples in Bukidnon?

:gp: ... pineapples and bananas in abundance.

Btw ... your avatar! 'Zat you "bearing" the weight of your heavily loaded suitcases containing the load of pesky choccy bars I mentioned earlier?

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:11
not looking forward to the malarone tabs, and figure which 2 days before to start, arrive sat eve manila ( figure i wont need there) so maybe 2 days before malaybalay rather than 2 days before manila, what you think ?

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:12
:gp: ... pineapples and bananas in abundance.

oh i will be made up, just need carnation and sugar:hubbahubba: and i will be happy as larry

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:15
hope the nylon zips are good and strong on these modern suitcases,

i must say my old case seems much stronger all round, but no wheels and too small to fit in the chocolate

Ako Si Jamie
5th December 2012, 21:15
not looking forward to the malarone tabs, and figure which 2 days before to start, arrive sat eve manila ( figure i wont need there) so maybe 2 days before malaybalay rather than 2 days before manila, what you think ?I think you're meant to take them a week before you go unless they have different instructions to the ones I take.

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:18
malarone 2 days before entering and 1 week after, docs instructions, also inside on leaflet,

mefloquine 2 and half weeks before and 4 weeks after

theres another one, forgot its name i was given at first cheap at £8, same instruction as melarone , but last week i checked with doc, he told me better i use melarone

Ako Si Jamie
5th December 2012, 21:22
malrone 2 days before entering and 1 week after,

mefloquine 2 and half weeks before and 4 weeks afterIf it was me I'd take them 2 days before I'd go to Mindanao.

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:25
If it was me I'd take them 2 days before I'd go to Mindanao.

think your right no point starting too soon before i need, im a bit concernd of possible side effects

andy222
5th December 2012, 21:28
You will be fine stewart. Relax and enjoy the ride.(so to speak):icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th December 2012, 21:32
have a great time and enjoy the sunshine and heat:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
5th December 2012, 21:36
think your right no point starting too soon before i need, im a bit concernd of possible side effects
Yeah, I had side effects so the next time I went I only took one of the two types of tablets, but saying that, I went to Boracay which is malaria free.

imagine
5th December 2012, 21:38
You will be fine stewart. Relax and enjoy the ride.(so to speak):icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

well i sure dont want anything to put me off my ride :do_it::icon_lol::icon_lol:

bigmarco
5th December 2012, 21:41
Safe Journey Stewart and have a wonderful time with Lolita :Wave:

imagine
5th December 2012, 22:55
Safe Journey Stewart and have a wonderful time with Lolita :Wave:

thanks , i will :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
5th December 2012, 23:01
The new avatar.

Weighed down with cases of chocolate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th December 2012, 23:02
great just got txt from klm, 7th dec severe disruption expected, rebook possible 6-10 dec,

it being voluntry free rebook, and giving some thought, looking on face book klm, it would be too much of a rush to rebook for tomorrow instead,

facebook klm say expected snow storm

so i decided to leave it to chance, hopefully if delayed at aberdeen end i have 4, 50 mins spare in amsterdam, if a delay is within that im ok, but if i change days to after 7th , i loose my domestic flights and hotel bookings,

leave it to chance :Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
6th December 2012, 00:19
Before making any decisions I'd check the details of your travel insurance. You may be able to claim on certain stuff.

gladz
6th December 2012, 00:27
great just got txt from klm, 7th dec severe disruption expected, rebook possible 6-10 dec,

it being voluntry free rebook, and giving some thought, looking on face book klm, it would be too much of a rush to rebook for tomorrow instead,

facebook klm say expected snow storm

so i decided to leave it to chance, hopefully if delayed at aberdeen end i have 4, 50 mins spare in amsterdam, if a delay is within that im ok, but if i change days to after 7th , i loose my domestic flights and hotel bookings,

leave it to chance :Erm:

Hi Imagine.

You might be in the same plane with my hubby.He is flying thru klm too and will land in manila saturday night.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday.

imagine
6th December 2012, 01:02
Hi Imagine.

You might be in the same plane with my hubby.He is flying tru klm too and will land in manila saturday night.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your holiday.

thank you :xxgrinning--00xx3:
amsterdam fri 20.45, kl0807 to manila arrive sat 19.25 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
6th December 2012, 01:02
I sincerely hope that you are not delayed Imagine. Have a safe trip to Philippines and a wonderful time with your mahal!:heartshape1:

Rosie1958
6th December 2012, 01:06
p.s I love your new avatar! I have a teddy like that which belongs to my brother; it's leg is hanging off but I knitted it a pair of woolley trousers to stop it falling off :icon_lol:

imagine
6th December 2012, 01:06
Before making any decisions I'd check the details of your travel insurance. You may be able to claim on certain stuff.

only would be main flights, domestic flights not covered

gladz
6th December 2012, 01:15
thank you :xxgrinning--00xx3:
amsterdam fri 20.45, kl0807 to manila arrive sat 19.25 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You are welcome.

You will arrive earlier than my hubby.He will land at @ 21:20

Have a safe trip and praying there will be no delays in the flight.

imagine
6th December 2012, 01:37
You are welcome.

You will arrive earlier than my hubby.He will land at @ 21:20

Have a safe trip and praying there will be no delays in the flight.

wish a safe and pleasant trip for your hubby:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
6th December 2012, 01:38
I sincerely hope that you are not delayed Imagine. Have a safe trip to Philippines and a wonderful time with your mahal!:heartshape1:

thank you Rosie:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
6th December 2012, 01:41
p.s I love your new avatar! I have a teddy like that which belongs to my brother; it's leg is hanging off but I knitted it a pair of woolley trousers to stop it falling off :icon_lol:

that's the kind of teddy i remember from childhood eeeeeee ek they don't make em like that no more:biggrin:

Steve.r
6th December 2012, 01:45
Have a safe trip Stewart. Enjoy your time with your loved one. :smile:

imagine
6th December 2012, 02:03
Have a safe trip Stewart. Enjoy your time with your loved one. :smile:

thanks steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
6th December 2012, 14:52
two flights before mine cancelled so far, aberdeen to schipol:omg:

lastlid
6th December 2012, 15:20
two flights before mine cancelled so far, aberdeen to schipol :omg:

Due to snow?

Arthur Little
6th December 2012, 15:49
Due to snow?

:anerikke: ... what else?

Arthur Little
6th December 2012, 15:53
:biggrin: ... cheer up, Stewart ... it's :raining: here in Perth - and the snow is, at last, gradually disappearing - so, fingers crossed, the runways at Dyce SHOULD be clear by tomorrow morning if the thaw continues! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th December 2012, 15:57
:anerikke: ... what else? Could have been fog. There's been many a time fog has affected my flights in and out of Aberdeen.

But yes, my spies in Aberdeen and Ballater tell me its snowy up there.

BTW I used to live just across the way from the airport (Dyce Village) so its a place I know well. I distinctly remember trying to get in and out of my drive in January 2011 as it was heaped up with snow from the snow ploughs. :biggrin:

We have an office in Aberdeen so I am still a bit of a weather watcher for up there. Makes me feel good that I moved south.

Anyhow, hope you managed to get off the ground, Stew!

Arthur Little
6th December 2012, 16:20
Could have been fog. There's been many a time fog has affected my flights in and out of Aberdeen.

Oh ... :iagree:! But ...

Anyhow, hope you managed to get off the ground, Stew!

... let's look on the BRIGHT side ... there's no fog forecast (that I know of) the snow's melting fairly rapidly as I type ... and it's tomorrow morning he's due to take off. :smile:

lastlid
6th December 2012, 16:23
Oh ... :iagree:! But ...

... let's look on the BRIGHT side ... there's no fog forecast (that I know of) the snow's melting fairly rapidly as I type ... and it's tomorrow morning he's due to take off. :smile:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
6th December 2012, 17:27
ah but its amsterdam thats expecting a snow storm :doh

imagine
6th December 2012, 17:30
Due to snow?

yep at schipol