PDA

View Full Version : Prioities to sort out

robert34
3rd December 2012, 21:07
My wife and baby son should be joining me next month in the uk after the approval of her spousal visa. Im told we will need to get them their UK National insurance numbers before they can register with the doctor & dentist. Where can I apply for this and is there any other things that I should be getting sorted for them.

Any advice much appreciated,
Robert, Novi & Matthew

lastlid
3rd December 2012, 21:11
From my own experience, your wife will have to register herself when she arrives. Though I went with her, my wife had to present her passport and marriage certificate, if I remember rightly. It was actually quite easy.

My wife didn't need to give a National Insurance number as she didn't and still doesn't have one.

aim_angel
3rd December 2012, 22:13
Hi you just need their passport and proof of address to register them to the doctor/dentist. I applied NI when I decided to work :smile: and for your baby, don't forget to bring his baby book from Phils. and make sure you have all the jab records. :wink:

melovesengland
3rd December 2012, 22:23
I came here as a fiancee and my name is NOVIE! :biggrin::icon_lol:

Anyway, you need a fill up a form from the doctors for new patients for your wife and son then they will just send you a letter after few weeks with their medical cards. Easy Peasy!

They didnt ask for any passport or any identification from me at all. Very straight forward.

I pay privately for my teeth so I dont know if its the same procedure.

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Yourchoices/GPchoice/Documents/GMS1%5B1%5D.pdf