PDA

View Full Version : My first journey to the Phils in 4 weeks time

highlander01
30th November 2012, 14:27
Ok - finally booked it. Leaving after Xmas. Glasgow - Dubai (stopping for the new year fireworks & doing a bit of business over there) - MNL ( for a few days ) - Cebu then maybe Bohol / Dumageute - see how things pan out.

Just going to chill out & enjoy a holiday - joined filipino cupid & made a couple of contacts there so we will see what transpires.

I've packed the sandals & socks ( only joking ) :biggrin:

Wish me luck...........:smile:

Arthur Little
30th November 2012, 14:42
Well ... as they say 'North of the Border':
:Kilt: "Awra best, pal!" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
30th November 2012, 15:00
I'm sure you'll have a great time, and New Year in Dubai will be lots of fun.

Dedworth
30th November 2012, 16:45
Have a great tour of duty :biggrin:

stevie c
30th November 2012, 17:01
Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
30th November 2012, 18:50
I'm sure you'll have a great time, and New Year in Dubai will be lots of fun.
It should be a great spectacle in dubai no alcohol though. Anyway enjoy your trip.

Terpe
30th November 2012, 19:05
Ok - finally booked it. Leaving after Xmas. Glasgow - Dubai (stopping for the new year fireworks & doing a bit of business over there) - MNL ( for a few days ) - Cebu then maybe Bohol / Dumageute - see how things pan out.

Just going to chill out & enjoy a holiday - joined filipino cupid & made a couple of contacts there so we will see what transpires.

I've packed the sandals & socks ( only joking ) :biggrin:

Wish me luck...........:smile:

I just got back, temperatures just about perfect for me.

You're sure to have a wonderful time.

We spent our last day at Vikings Buffet Restaurant at the Mall of Asia. Truly spectacular with unlimited beer too :Cuckoo:

Have a great holiday.

MissAna
30th November 2012, 19:07
i'm jealous :cwm3:

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY :biggrin::biggrin:

stevewool
30th November 2012, 20:02
wow , wish it was me going, enjoy all you can, try to visit bohol its a beautiful place

Dedworth
30th November 2012, 20:04
It should be a great spectacle in dubai no alcohol though. Anyway enjoy your trip.

I think you can have a wet in a hotel/restaurant/club Andy

bigmarco
30th November 2012, 22:35
Have a great trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Slip
30th November 2012, 23:19
Hope you have fun, I look forward to reading all about it at a later date.

Iani
1st December 2012, 00:40
Have a great trip, hope it all pans out the way you'd like :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
1st December 2012, 05:38
I think you can have a wet in a hotel/restaurant/club Andy

Oh yes, definitely plenty of places to drink in Dubai. I was at the Irish Village a few weeks back, :-) pork sausages tooooo...... :-)

Michael Parnham
1st December 2012, 09:21
You will find Dumaguete a great experiance, enjoy!!

Ako Si Jamie
1st December 2012, 10:37
Your itinerary is similar to mine, Manila, Cebu and Bohol, although we might not have enough time to go to Dumaguete unless we do Siquijor. Will probably be doing a few of the coastal towns on Cebu Island like Boljoon, Alcoy and Moalboal and perhaps Camiguin Island in Mindanao.

Enjoy yourself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
1st December 2012, 12:04
Oh yes, definitely plenty of places to drink in Dubai. I was at the Irish Village a few weeks back, :-) pork sausages tooooo...... :-)
Pork sausages?:yikes::laugher:

andy222
1st December 2012, 12:06
Your itinerary is similar to mine, Manila, Cebu and Bohol, although we might not have enough time to go to Dumaguete unless we do Siquijor. Will probably be doing a few of the coastal towns on Cebu Island like Boljoon, Alcoy and Moalboal and perhaps Camiguin Island in Mindanao.

Enjoy yourself :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Been to a few of those Jamie. Went to camiguin in june this year. Its a nice place.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
1st December 2012, 13:57
Been to a few of those Jamie. Went to camiguin in june this year. Its a nice place.:xxgrinning--00xx3:It looks nice, White Island with the volcano in the background :xxgrinning
--00xx3: Did you get the ferry from Cebu or Jagna?

highlander01
1st December 2012, 19:16
Thanks everybody. I'll let u know how I get on. :biggrin:

andy222
2nd December 2012, 11:36
It looks nice, White Island with the volcano in the background :xxgrinning
--00xx3: Did you get the ferry from Cebu or Jagna?
White island is only small not that special Jamie. We did get the ferry but it was in mindanao. Have a walk up the volcano it is a great view. And see all 15 sculptures. Knackering but worth it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
3rd December 2012, 23:32
White island is only small not that special Jamie. We did get the ferry but it was in mindanao. Have a walk up the volcano it is a great view. And see all 15 sculptures. Knackering but worth it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:Coming from Butuan? I think the port's called Balingoan that serves Camiguin, just before you get to CDO.

andy222
3rd December 2012, 23:37
I cant remember mate. I was coming from butuan.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
3rd December 2012, 23:44
Butuan to Camiguin? I didn't know there was a ferry route between the two but I know the port is called Nasipit just outside Butuan.

songz777
8th December 2012, 22:12
:xxgrinning--00xx3: have a great time, and watch you dont get sun burnt! ohh i miss that steady 28c day & night :) Mind you I think its dropping to 22c during some nights! enjoy :smile:

highlander01
16th January 2013, 11:54
Oh well - change of plan. I only made it to Dubai as due to business commitments I couldn't take the extra 2 weeks off.

Between business calls I did have a few dates with a nice filipina there but since getting back to the UK she has emailed me to say that she is now in a relationship with an Emirati guy that she used to date in the past. I guess a Lambourghini trumps a Ford Mondeo :thumbsdown:

Anyway - Emirates kindly allowed me to reschedule the Manila part of my trip to February so I'll be back over then.

emcel
16th January 2013, 12:23
happy trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
16th January 2013, 12:36
Good luck, and let us know how you get on. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th January 2013, 19:03
Camiguin Island Well worth the trip,plenty to do if your an active sort :smile:

Dedworth
16th January 2013, 19:09
Between business calls I did have a few dates with a nice filipina there but since getting back to the UK she has emailed me to say that she is now in a relationship with an Emirati guy that she used to date in the past.

her loss - good luck in Feb

Ako Si Jamie
16th January 2013, 20:39
See you in Manila! :wink:

highlander01
14th March 2013, 23:08
Back now - went to Cebu - then Davao - then a few days in Bohol ( Panglao ) - saw the chocolate hills , did some scuba diving. Then back to Cebu.

Great place. Literally counting the days till I go back......

stevie c
14th March 2013, 23:15
So pleased you enjoyed your time in the phils
Im not surprised your counting the days until you return because it sure is addictive ive been about 12 times & still cant wait to go back this april :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
14th March 2013, 23:29
Good to hear you enjoyed it...never doubted it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: