View Full Version : Is it allowed to bring dried fish and fish sauce here

jane2009
27th November 2012, 10:43
Hello Guy's,
I know it's bit silly question but i would like to know if we are allowed to bring a dried fish and fish sauce here in england from the philippines? Just want to make it sure! Any advice...Many thanks

melovesengland
27th November 2012, 10:52
loads of people are succesful on bringing dried fish and other sort of filipino foods in the uk already by wrapping them up carefully but one rule in britain is you cannot bring any fish or meat and dairy products in to the country when ur not from the EU

Click the PDF file on this link.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_PROD_010856&propertyType=document

raynaputi
27th November 2012, 11:00
Fish sauce are sold in local supermarkets here..I bought mine in Morrissons. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
27th November 2012, 11:04
loads of people are succesful on bringing dried fish and other sort of filipino foods in the uk already by wrapping them up carefully but one rule in britain is you cannot bring bring any fish or meat and dairy products in to the country.

will provide you a link when i get to my computer, im using pad at the moment and trying to wake meself up.

thank u..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
27th November 2012, 11:05
Fish sauce are sold in local supermarkets here..I bought mine in Morrissons. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I want something from the philippines..lol:wink:

lastlid
27th November 2012, 11:09
One thing we can get here is Fish Sauce and dried fish and squid. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chieldave
27th November 2012, 11:29
A filipina friend of mine living in UK was so happy when she received the suprise dried fish I bought here in Pinas just last sunday...I asked my husband before his departure here in Pinas last Saturday if could he bring it to uk and give it to our friend who been craving on it..He agreed and we wrapped it well with plastic bag and taped it even its already sealed when we bought it then he put it on his check-in luggage...then a day after,my pinay friend received it from my postman(husband) directly from Philippines to UK:biggrin:......hehe,,might bring some when my visa approved,still thinking:biggrin::Erm:

raynaputi
27th November 2012, 11:31
One thing we can get here is Fish Sauce and dried fish and squid. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's true..that's why whenever I want it, I can always get it easy..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
27th November 2012, 11:34
A filipina friend of mine living in UK was so happy when she received the suprise dried fish I bought here in Pinas just last sunday...I asked my husband before his departure here in Pinas last Saturday if could he bring it to uk and give it to our friend who been craving on it..He agreed and we wrapped it well with plastic bag and taped it even its already sealed when we bought it then he put it on his check-in luggage...then a day after,my pinay friend received it from my postman(husband) directly from Philippines to UK:biggrin:......hehe,,might bring some when my visa approved,still thinking:biggrin::Erm:

Thank you...let my sister know that she needs to wrap it properly...cheers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
27th November 2012, 11:55
have provided the link already.

Pete/London
27th November 2012, 11:59
Dried fish is a well liked delicacy over here, especially if you cook them at home,you will have people queuing around the block for a taste.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

chieldave
27th November 2012, 12:05
Thank you...let my sister know that she needs to wrap it properly...cheers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

welcome jane,just thought to shared it:biggrin:

MissAna
27th November 2012, 17:14
i really miss filipino foods :cwm25:

andy222
27th November 2012, 17:19
I want something from the philippines..lol:wink:
Me too.

sars_notd_virus
28th November 2012, 11:50
I hate bringing smelly foods in my luggage.
some of my filipina friends who had their holiday in PH share me some dried fish and bagoong occasionally, they put it in ther husbands luggage :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
28th November 2012, 14:24
I hate bringing smelly foods in my luggage.
some of my filipina friends who had their holiday in PH share me some dried fish and bagoong occasionally, they put it in ther husbands luggage :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

It does'nt smell if you wrap it properly..:wink:lol...And im very sure my husband wont allow anyone to put any seafoods in his luggage.. :doh... Im very thankful my sister never complain or else I wont let her in. lol:wink:

fred
28th November 2012, 14:36
About 7 years ago I took my Mrs back 2 kilos of cooked prawns... I went through the something to declare section at UK customs and asked the customs officer to check them out..
By that time they were not that fresh and I was amused as they opened the bag and gave them a sniff... Bit surprised as they let me take them.
My Mrs chucked them in the bin when I got home!!!! Ungrateful cow!!
Dried fish should be fine as it lasts for months... Patis is no problem at all....Fill your boots!

Terpe
30th November 2012, 18:43
We just returned with around 10kg of dried fish.

There's no problem with dried fish. It's allowed to bring up to 20kg per person into UK. :xxgrinning--00xx3: