PDA

View Full Version : Me and the wife want to travel to USA

mistermatty
27th November 2012, 10:37
Have been considering a trip to the USA to visit pals and of course take the wife who has a Pinnoy passport along with a UK BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE CARD now if i have read it right she needs to apply for a visa in person at the USA embassy in London at a cost of $160 .

I am guessing the fact that shes travelling with her hubby ( ME ) and she has UK residency wont be a drama , any tips or helpful advice welcome .

sars_notd_virus
27th November 2012, 17:24
Have been considering a trip to the USA to visit pals and of course take the wife who has a Pinnoy passport along with a UK BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE CARD now if i have read it right she needs to apply for a visa in person at the USA embassy in London at a cost of $160 .

I am guessing the fact that shes travelling with her hubby ( ME ) and she has UK residency wont be a drama , any tips or helpful advice welcome .

I think she can do the ESTA online heres the link
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html

..UK is included in (37) visa waiver program countries and since your wife got the UK biometric card why not just do the ESTA if the purpose is just to visit or tour in USA.

raynaputi
27th November 2012, 18:32
I think she can do the ESTA online heres the link
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html

..UK is included in (37) visa waiver program countries and since your wife got the UK biometric card why not just do the ESTA if the purpose is just to visit or tour in USA.

I think his wife would not be eligible in this ESTA..as it states they have to be a citizen or a national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries, and Philippines is not included. UK is included, but unless she's already a British citizen, she can't avail this. She has to apply for visa in the US Embassy.

Arthur Little
27th November 2012, 19:40
I think his wife would not be eligible in this ESTA..as it states they have to be a citizen or a national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries, and Philippines is not included. UK is included, but unless she's already a British citizen, she can't avail this. She has to apply for visa in the US Embassy.

That's true :iagree: ... the husband's eligible to visit the United States for up to three months - without a visa - by virtue of being a British Citizen. Alas, his wife can only accompany him by either first becoming naturalised, or applying directly through the American Embassy.

sars_notd_virus
28th November 2012, 11:25

Oh yes, ESTA is not a visa ....the wife can apply for B-2 visa with the US Embassy in London but ''both of them still need a valid ESTA to enter the US or transit to any US Channel''.

Trefor
28th November 2012, 12:00
Remember the guy will still need his ESTA. It is $14 direct on the US Homeland & Security site and a simple process assuming he is a good boy. Lasts for 2 years (my only problem is remembering when they expire, I renew mine once a year just in case - 10 mins online).

I'd be interested in hearing people's experiences of the US Embassy in London. When we were in Belfast visiting the PEO several taxi drivers remarked that a lot of people fly over just to visit the US Consulate in Belfast for their visas as getting an appointment in London is a nightmare (or something like that).