PDA

View Full Version : Help me to help YOU!!!

kneedownrider
20th November 2012, 23:07
Hi everyone, my name is Mark and I am the Communications Officer for the political party UKIP.

I am concerned that the UK's relationship with the European Union is causing difficulties to genuine immigration applicants. NB. I am married to a filipina and we have already experienced rule-breaking by the British Embassy in Manila. We are going to file her FLR and she told me that some are waiting for 7 months which is very unreasonable. So I decided to join this group and maybe we can help each other.

I am going to see my local MP at the end of November. I would like to be able to show him several cases of genuine visa applicants where rules have been broken by the UK government or the application process has been unreasonably long. I may also seek to contact the media to highlight the difficulties experienced by genuine applicants.

If you think your case is genuine and would like me to raise it with the UK government, please e-mail me: markcole.ukip@gmail.com

I cannot promise any resolution to your problems but I hope that in raising these concerns, the government will listen and maybe act...

Best of luck to you all

andy222
20th November 2012, 23:16
Hi Mark I thought one of your policies was to put a 5 year ban on immigration?

kneedownrider
20th November 2012, 23:20
That is correct but it would not affect marriage/fiance visas.

Also, as we stem the flow of immigrants coming from the EU - genuine applicants from other parts of the world might receive a better treatment!

kneedownrider
20th November 2012, 23:24
Incidentally, just to clarify, I am the Communications Officer for UKIP Colchester...

andy222
20th November 2012, 23:26
Yes I agree with coming out of europe and a few others on here will too. So far I have been in touch with 2 Mps and they cant do anything Mark so I dont know what your Mp will do. Unless its Theresa May.

raynaputi
20th November 2012, 23:26
Well if you would read through the forum, you would see the concerns of both the British and Filipino members here. I for one have been waiting for my FLR(M) visa since 27th March 2012! :doh If you know what Filipino time is, this is worse than that! :cwm23:

andy222
20th November 2012, 23:33
Email sent.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
20th November 2012, 23:40

Also, as we stem the flow of immigrants coming from the EU - genuine applicants from other parts of the world might receive a better treatment!

I am not sure if Nick Farage put it that way. I will have to dig out his Question Time comments....

malchard888
20th November 2012, 23:41
My wifes been waiting for more than 7 months now so Rayna's is not an isolated case and the majority of FLR applications should be little more than a formality as all the hard work is done in The Philippines when obtaining the initial fiancée visa. Naturally many of us feel somewhat aggrieved at this appalling lack of a reasonable service from UKBA considering the high cost of the process we do after all play by the rules yet appear to be treated with contempt by the current administration

raynaputi
20th November 2012, 23:50
Email sent too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
21st November 2012, 00:04
Hi Mark I thought one of your policies was to put a 5 year ban on immigration?

Where does it say that?

The UKIP policy states-

· End mass, uncontrolled immigration. UKIP calls for an immediate five-year freeze on immigration for permanent settlement. We aspire to ensure that any future immigration does not exceed 50,000 people p.a.

To me that means all settlement?

nnomad
21st November 2012, 00:15
it sems to me that there is an uncontroled amount ( i am not saying that is a good or a bad thing ) of people coming here, whereas it is almost impossible for a uk citizean to invite someone to come here throo legitimate channels !!!,,,,,,,, that cannot be a good thing

nnomad
21st November 2012, 00:17
i thik this thread should be called,, " help me to help YOU to help ME "........... be fair

grahamw48
21st November 2012, 00:25
More power to UKIP's elbow ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

By keeping the unwanted human detritus and parasites out, there will be less pressure on those British citizens genuinely seeking to bring their partners into the country (that is....partners who will also assimilate into the traditional British way of life) and less pressure generally, caused by the massive rate of uncontrolled immigration that has been allowed to take place in recent years. :NoNo:

The current system is half-arsed, nonsensical and UNFAIR.

Arthur Little
21st November 2012, 04:31
Well if you would read through the forum, you would see the concerns of both the British and Filipino members here. I for one have been waiting for my FLR(M) visa since 27th March 2012! :doh If you know what Filipino time is, this is worse than that! :cwm23:

My wifes been waiting for more than 7 months now so Rayna's is not an isolated case and the majority of FLR applications should be little more than a formality as all the hard work is done in The Philippines when obtaining the initial fiancée visa. Naturally many of us feel somewhat aggrieved at this appalling lack of a reasonable service from UKBA considering the high cost of the process we do after all play by the rules yet appear to be treated with contempt by the current administration

:iagree: ... these two delays are totally INEXCUSABLE!! :cwm23:

Michael Parnham
21st November 2012, 06:59
I agree Graham & Arthur!

lastlid
21st November 2012, 07:19
Be careful what you wish for. Farage sounds okay until he gets to the bit about the 5 year freeze on migrants to this country. No mention of exclusion for Spouses / Fiances.

He talks of exclusion by work permits and for workers but not for spouses or fiances or their children.

"In terms of settling we want a five year freeze". Quote and unquote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OJWHnHM4pvU

lastlid
21st November 2012, 07:21
Where does it say that?

The UKIP policy states-

· End mass, uncontrolled immigration. UKIP calls for an immediate five-year freeze on immigration for permanent settlement. We aspire to ensure that any future immigration does not exceed 50,000 people p.a.

To me that means all settlement?

Of course Rusty. It means what it says.

I would say that anyone wanting to bring their wives / fiances and their children to this country or have wives / fiances and their children here already, even on ILR, would be wise to avoid voting UKIP unless UKIP can demonstrate what the OP above says is true. What we have seen so far, from UKIP, doesn't look good for our loved ones.

lastlid
21st November 2012, 07:41

Might.

"End mass, uncontrolled immigration. UKIP calls for an immediate five-year freeze on immigration for permanent settlement. We aspire to ensure that any future immigration does not exceed 50,000 people p.a."

http://www.ukip.org/content/ukip-policies/1499-immigration-ukip-policy

Also, what is all this about Permanent Leave to Remain? There is not enough substance in the policies document to gain my confidence. A lot can be said for what is left out of the document. Presumably those on Indefinite Leave to Remain would not be classed as having Permanent Leave to Remain?

stevewool
21st November 2012, 09:11
i am afraid no party who ever they are will do nothing to help our needs, we are just a few with a voice, some are lucky if they meet all the requiments some are not, thats the cruel fate of many ,if it was me and i could not bring my Emma here i would be working so hard for me to go over there or to another country where we would be welcomed, thats just my thoughts

andy222
21st November 2012, 10:23
Easier said than done steve. I would love to go to another country but it is difficult. So many barriers,

jake
21st November 2012, 11:16
Easier said than done steve. I would love to go to another country but it is difficult. So many barriers,
Unless you have children in the UK i don't see any barriers.

andy222
21st November 2012, 11:37
Languge. age. Getting a job. There is 3.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st November 2012, 11:51
When you do have children there are serious matters to be given unselfish consideration.

Do you want them to have the benefit of British school qualifications or Philippine ones ?....being just one of them.

Why should we effectively be banished from the country of our birth (and that of our ancestors)...fully signed up members of a system that we've perhaps been paying taxes into for 40 years, simply because we choose to marry a person from outside the EU ?

If that isn't discrimination, I don't know what is. :NoNo:

Sadly I'm just a 'normal' heterosexual with no minority pressure-group to whine on my behalf. :icon_rolleyes:

nnomad
21st November 2012, 12:08
from your " name ",, are you a motorbike fan by any chance !! ??

andy222
21st November 2012, 12:38
When you do have children there are serious matters to be given unselfish consideration.

Do you want them to have the benefit of British school qualifications or Philippine ones ?....being just one of them.

Why should we effectively be banished from the country of our birth (and that of our ancestors)...fully signed up members of a system that we've perhaps been paying taxes into for 40 years, simply because we choose to marry a person from outside the EU ?

Sadly I'm just a 'normal' heterosexual with no minority pressure-group to whine on my behalf. :icon_rolleyes:
Totally agree graham.

lastlid
21st November 2012, 13:16
The UKIP policy states-

Aspire to ensure doesn't mean ensure.

rusty
21st November 2012, 13:20
Languge. age. Getting a job. There is 3.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are these barriers or just excuses?

If you really wanted to go these wouldn't be an issue.

andy222
21st November 2012, 13:24

No comment.:icon_rolleyes:

rusty
21st November 2012, 13:25

Some may say that no one is forcing you to have a relationship with a non UK/EU partner; therefore it is not discrimination but a consequence of this type of relationship.

lastlid
21st November 2012, 13:55

It is tougher when one gets a bit older. I believe that is well recognised.

Arthur Little
21st November 2012, 14:45
It is tougher when one gets a bit older. I believe that is well recognised.

:iagree: ... inevitably, the older one gets, the harder it becomes to uproot from all that has been familiar over - in many cases - half a century or more.

Besides ... :anerikke: ... WHY SHOULD individuals born and bred in this country (or any other nation, for that matter!) - and, moreover, contributed handsomely towards its economy throughout their working lives - be expected to forfeit everything they've strived for on the basis of some :crazy:, short-sighted whim dreamt up by its politically-elected officials??

imagine
21st November 2012, 14:52
Some may say that no one is forcing you to have a relationship with a non UK/EU partner; therefore it is not discrimination but a consequence of this type of relationship.

and what about those who started their relationship long before the new rules, tough for them too eh :Erm:

Dedworth
25th November 2012, 11:49
Aspire to ensure doesn't mean ensure.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHSrWhdbbHhVFp7oBT6mj5Qex_jDDKmy8KQHIjZFmH_aVJeIND- they could equally have written "hope to ensure" or "aim to ensure" which also do not mean "ensure".