PDA

View Full Version : Fighting leaves 57 people dead in Philippines(Lead)

Win2Win
11th August 2007, 05:32
Fighting between government troops and Islamic militants in southern Philippines has left 57 people dead and forced thousands of civilians to flee their homes, officials said Friday.

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=272403)

Shifty-Sidney
11th August 2007, 05:45
It makes me mad and sad that Islam seems to be the catalyst for the entire worlds troubles and needless fighting. I am not religeous and will not go to church on principal, but i was welcomed at services from Catholics and Christians while in Fill and it made me wonder why we have to have wars over religeon when both the Curan and Bible are supposed to be a guide to living a life of peace and harmony

KeithD
11th August 2007, 09:00
You can't blame Islam, a few hundred years back all this happened because of the Catholics. They wiped out many tribes in S America, and murdered 10,000's in the Philippines, Indonesia, Middle East.....

andypaul
11th August 2007, 09:11
Every religion if you look deep down has had its dark periods sadly personally i belive its the people not the actually religion thats at fault.

Even with countries with no religion well at least not officially have been just as bad at times as well.

Shifty-Sidney
11th August 2007, 09:50
I agree completely! any ideas where the trouble is? southern Fill is a big place! - are we talking Mindinau (still cant spell) or southern islands?

joebloggs
11th August 2007, 10:13
oh its only the 21st century, i would have thought that mankind would have progressed and be more civilised by now, learnt from the past. What kind of sick people murder women and children ...

what makes me :rolleyes: is the iran - iraqi war where muslims killed their muslims brothers in a war that lasted nearly 10 years, and gave it the name of the 'holy defense', and it ended with the deaths of more than 1,000,000 people.

:cwm24:

jeffro
11th August 2007, 15:25
There will always be wars,until someday there is the war to end all wars,because that will be nuclear war.Some use God for their cause,others like Hitler,are just pure evil , an antichrist.If you are to take Nostradamus seriously,and i dont,the next Antichrist is going to be a young world leader,trusted by milllions,but he will be the cause of armageddon.Politics!!!
Ps ,speaking of Nostradamus,when his body was exhumed ,in his coffin was a metal plate inscribed with the date his body wold be exhumed, freaky!!!!

KeithD
11th August 2007, 15:45
A nuclear war would not bugger up humanity, it's not Hollywood :)

jeffro
11th August 2007, 16:12
A nuclear war would not bugger up humanity, it's not Hollywood :)

A nuclear war will be more possible as long as countys keep making them.Carry a knife or loaded gun,and someday you will use it for sure,as we are seeing every single day here in the UK.America is the super power,for now!!!,but a 100 years ago the british empire was.How long can America control other countrys,maybe in our lifetime they will,but the real threat is not Iraq,its more Korea,fact.

KeithD
11th August 2007, 17:13
Does America control countires now? I don't think so....China, India, Pakistan, Russia, Europe, Australia.....all do what they want. Britain is the only lap dog.

jeffro
11th August 2007, 18:03
Does America control countires now? I don't think so....China, India, Pakistan, Russia, Europe, Australia.....all do what they want. Britain is the only lap dog.

exactly,and yes,Britain is a lapdog .Alls we all can do is just try to lead a decent life:xxgrinning--00xx3: