PDA

View Full Version : underweight

Moy
13th November 2012, 14:43
i visited my GP today and guess what:Brick:..never once of my life i was underweight at all..:Brick::doh.. i gain weight yes when i was pregnant 4 years ago otherwise i am on my normal weight..i now weighting 45 kls/6 stones:Brick: i should be at least 52-55 kls/8-9 stones:doh
i dunno what to do , what diet should i do to gain weight .
the GP make me laugh though she told me normally her patient has a problem on getting diet to loss weight but me i am so upset of losing weight ,well of course i am..i got three kids and and work to do..:Help1: plus the winter is coming wont have any thing to cover for the cold weather:blahblah::Brick:

help:wink:

bhem_bhem
13th November 2012, 14:56
we have the same problem,, i went to my gp and ask for her advice but still nothing happens. i took vitamins, i eat like a man (which is embarrassing) and sleeps 8-10 hours.. i don't want to drink that milk they advertise that helps u put on weight coz i'm not a milk person.. i've given up trying now coz it just stresses me out..

Moy
13th November 2012, 15:05
thats the odd things here even if you ask the GP..they wont give you any supplement or vitamin to get back to your diet..they would just ask you question unlike in the PH if you go to consult a doctor..at least a tablet or vitamin would be offer but not here (UK) which is i understand as they just let the body heal naturally or gain its strength :wink:

bhem_bhem
13th November 2012, 15:28
yeah,, not much of help,. my body just won't cooperate :doh so i just try to learn to be content of my body but still can't help get jealous of others.. :cwm25::cwm25:

grahamw48
13th November 2012, 15:38
I love skinny girls ! :woohoo:

...But don't worry.
Until my ex was 40 she was around 38 kilos....but now about 60kgs. hahaha. :biggrin:

bhem_bhem
13th November 2012, 15:43

...But don't worry.
Until my ex was 40 she was around 38 kilos....but now about 60kgs. hahaha. :biggrin:

oh well,, if that happens to me, i wouldn't worry as i'm already married.. :biggrin: :icon_lol:

grahamw48
13th November 2012, 16:06
Your hubby may disagree ! :biggrin:

raynaputi
13th November 2012, 16:31
Moy, if you're always busy, and with the kids you got, you would really burn the calories you have..and your metabolism would always be fast..just eat more servings than the usual..:biggrin:

imagine
13th November 2012, 17:41
i visited my GP today and guess what:Brick:..never once of my life i was underweight at all..:Brick::doh.. i gain weight yes when i was pregnant 4 years ago otherwise i am on my normal weight..i now weighting 45 kls/6 stones:Brick: i should be at least 52-55 kls/8-9 stones:doh
i dunno what to do , what diet should i do to gain weight .
the GP make me laugh though she told me normally her patient has a problem on getting diet to loss weight but me i am so upset of losing weight ,well of course i am..i got three kids and and work to do..:Help1: plus the winter is coming wont have any thing to cover for the cold weather:blahblah::Brick:

help:wink:

i wouldnt worry too much, recomended weight is based on everyone and not the individual, we are all different,though it wouldn't harm for you to gain half stone to 1 stone, for my height body frame, my recomended weight is 11 to 12 stone, the most i ever been is 9 and a half stone, the half was beer fat, most my life i was 9 stone and happy and comfortable at that, i just cant imagine carrying the recomended 11 to 12 stone, for me i think would be too much and un healthy

grahamw48
13th November 2012, 17:46
I agree Stuart.
If you feel fit and healthy and eat a balanced diet your body will be what it was intended to be, even if not what some machine or table of figures dictates. :smile:

imagine
13th November 2012, 17:52
mind you i am underweight for this past 3 years,due to being ill, im at 8 stone now and still trying to gain the other 1 stone, i figure i need it, we all need to have our normal weight , should we get ill its there to depend on

grahamw48
13th November 2012, 18:50
I think you have a good excuse there Stuart. Thank goodness you're still with us, even if in need of some more padding, eh. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm 13stone....14 when not smoking (at all)....which is around correct for my height at 6'1"

imagine
13th November 2012, 18:57
I think you have a good excuse there Stuart. Thank goodness you're still with us, even if in need of some more padding, eh. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm 13stone....14 when not smoking (at all)....which is around correct for my height at 6'1"

at your height,build i reckon 13- 14 stone is a healthy weight for you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
13th November 2012, 18:58
wish i had a bit more padding for sitting on hard seats :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 19:04
When I was about 20 yo I asked the same question. I burned off everything I ate. Not an ounce of fat on me. The answer was to eat more carbs.

There you have it. Just add more carbs to your diet. Also exercise will help as muscle weighs more than fat.

imagine
13th November 2012, 19:14
When I was about 20 yo I asked the same question. I burned off everything I ate. Not an ounce of fat on me. The answer was to eat more carbs.

There you have it. Just add more carbs to your diet. Also exercise will help as muscle weighs more than fat.

true, im under a dietition for my weight gain, been a long haul as i had gone down to 6 stone while having cheemo, almost disapeared :icon_lol::icon_lol:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 19:47

And increase the proteins too, if you want more muscle.

Moy
13th November 2012, 20:57
Moy, if you're always busy, and with the kids you got, you would really burn the calories you have..and your metabolism would always be fast..just eat more servings than the usual..:biggrin:

ah..very indeed Rayna:bigcry::doh..and i wish i was back home so i got support from my mum :biggrin:whose always willing to give a hand

Moy
13th November 2012, 20:59

...But don't worry.
everyone is unique itself but to be skinny is just not my cup of milk:icon_lol::action-smiley-081: am not that skinny really am just slender:laugher::Rasp:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:00
Your hubby may disagree ! :biggrin:
he dont..he just wish i was a bit fattier:laugher::Help1::censored::laugher:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:04
i wouldnt worry too much, recomended weight is based on everyone and not the individual, we are all different,though it wouldn't harm for you to gain half stone to 1 stone, for my height body frame, my recomended weight is 11 to 12 stone, the most i ever been is 9 and a half stone, the half was beer fat, most my life i was 9 stone and happy and comfortable at that, i just cant imagine carrying the recomended 11 to 12 stone, for me i think would be too much and un healthy
i know what you saying..my height is about 5'1 and on my early 30's:Help1::cwm24: and i never been underweight during my early years:yawn::cwm3:

stevewool
13th November 2012, 21:04
i was born fat

lastlid
13th November 2012, 21:07
he dont..he just wish i was a bit fattier:laugher::Help1::censored::laugher:

More carbs then. Easy.

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:09
I agree Stuart.
If you feel fit and healthy and eat a balanced diet your body will be what it was intended to be, even if not what some machine or table of figures dictates. :smile:

thats the thing as well graham as i was underweight and i dont eat breakfast but i work mostly during the day i get dizzy during midday.. and during the end of the day i just feel very tired and no energy at all:cwm3:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:09
i was born fat

lucky you:biggrin:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 21:12
"When you gain weight you need to consume a surplus of calories in order to fuel your muscles. You need to consume 4-6 smaller meals throughout the day for a steady release of nutrients to your muscles. Foods should be high in carbohydrates, high in protein and moderate in fats. Foods you should consume include wholegrain bread,brown rice, pasta, chicken, beef, turkey, fish, whole eggs, full cream milk, as well as high calorie fruits and vegetables such as bananas, sultanas, raisins, dried apricot, dried fruits, corn, peas, beans, lentils and potatoes."

Its all out there Moy.

http://www.streetarticles.com/build-muscle/5-incredible-new-tips-on-how-to-gain-weight-for-skinny-girls

imagine
13th November 2012, 21:14
thats the thing as well graham as i was underweight and i dont eat breakfast but i work mostly during the day i get dizzy during midday.. and during the end of the day i just feel very tired and no energy at all:cwm3:

breakfast is the most important food of the day, your body will eat your reserve if no breakfast, you will never gain weight

lastlid
13th November 2012, 21:20
And more.

The 2 Different Meanings Of "Weight"

"When a woman says she wants to gain weight she doesn't really want to gain FAT, but she is often frightened of gaining muscle - and will often say "I don't want to be a bodybuilder or anything".

Unfortunately, there are only two ways to gain weight - in fat or muscle. And the problem with gaining fat is that it often distributes itself unevenly on your body, with little regard to where YOU want it.

Building muscle and making some weight training a part of your weekly workouts is the single best way of how to gain weight for women without getting fat. There's no need to frightened of it...you won't end up as a bodybuilder - in fact women's bodies simply don't produce enough testosterone to become really muscular.

Also, muscle mass weighs more than fat, so a little extra muscle can make a huge difference in your overall weight."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2317318

imagine
13th November 2012, 21:34
yeah just think moy , a little extra muscle means you can work harder :icon_lol:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:39
breakfast is the most important food of the day, your body will eat your reserve if no breakfast, you will never gain weight

thats probably has happen..for 2 weeks now i got a bowl of porridge top with slice of banana and dash of honey:wink: or golden syrup hope this will make me gain some weight:anerikke:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:45
When a woman says she wants to gain weight she doesn't really want to gain FAT, but she is often frightened of gaining muscle - and will often say "I don't want to be a bodybuilder or anything".

could be true but i would rather had muscle than a f......... bones and ribs:hubbahubba::laugher:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 21:48
thats probably has happen..for 2 weeks now i got a bowl of porridge top with slice of banana and dash of honey:wink: or golden syrup hope this will make me gain some weight:anerikke:

Slap some cream on the top of that too!

Also use full fat milk.

imagine
13th November 2012, 21:54

Also use full fat milk.

carnation on top :hubbahubba:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:55

Also use full fat milk.

i never use skimmed milk:biggrin:

Moy
13th November 2012, 21:56

:biggrin: oh yes..sounds yummy too:biggrin:

imagine
13th November 2012, 21:56
slap plenty mayonase on as many foods as you can

imagine
13th November 2012, 21:57
:biggrin: oh yes..sounds yummy too:biggrin:

i can drink that straight from can:hubbahubba::Rasp:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 21:58

Yep. I need to do the opposite. Lay off the carnation on my porridge with honey and banana. :biggrin:

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:01
Yep. I need to do the opposite. Lay off the carnation on my porridge with honey and banana. :biggrin:

and a mug of my fav drink milo:biggrin::action-smiley-081:

imagine
13th November 2012, 22:02
moy, later i will scan a booklet i got from dietition on sugestions how to gain weight,

il upload to thread for you

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:04
moy, later i will scan a booklet i got from dietition on sugestions how to gain weight,

il upload to thread for you

oh bless you..thanks Imagine..would be so nice and be helpful:wink::biggrin:

imagine
13th November 2012, 22:06
oh bless you..thanks Imagine..would be so nice and be helpful:wink::biggrin:

your welcome moy, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:14
More carbs then. Easy.

carbs was for me everyday but i never gain at all:NoNo::bigcry:

imagine
13th November 2012, 22:28
here you go moy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
13th November 2012, 22:31
Pastries, pies, cakes, doughnuts etc :biggrin:

imagine
13th November 2012, 22:32
sorry not so clear but readable

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:34
thanks again Imagine:wink:

joebloggs
13th November 2012, 22:37
thats the odd things here even if you ask the GP..they wont give you any supplement or vitamin to get back to your diet..they would just ask you question unlike in the PH if you go to consult a doctor..at least a tablet or vitamin would be offer but not here (UK) which is i understand as they just let the body heal naturally or gain its strength :wink:

because you can buy vitamins anywhere Ros, the doc doesn't have to prescribe them, why would she write you a prescription and charge you £7 when you can buy them for a couple of £.

eat some peanuts, crisps or chocolates you'll soon be back to normal :Rasp:

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:41
because you can buy vitamins anywhere Ros, the doc doesn't have to prescribe them, why would she write you a prescription and charge you £7 when you can buy them for a couple of £.

eat some peanuts, crisps or chocolates you'll soon be back to normal :Rasp:

but i dont like chocolate:thumbsdown: joe:cwm25: not at all a tin of quality street for me last for 6 months now..could not eat at all..i like cashew nut though..but not crisp:thumbsdown:

joebloggs
13th November 2012, 22:45
no wonder your underweight :doh
no crisps :doh no peanuts - i use to like the hickory smoked ones or honey coated ones :icon_rolleyes:
no chocolate :yikes:
your worries are getting to you :cwm3: you;ll end up anemic :cwm3:

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:49
no wonder your underweight :doh
no crisps :doh no peanuts - i use to like the hickory smoked ones or honey coated ones :icon_rolleyes:
no chocolate :yikes:
your worries are getting to you :cwm3: you;ll end up anemic :cwm3:

what is worst that high blood though:cwm25::doh i love my liver (chicken) or (pigs) and mussel and oyster that am sure..its just the sweet stuff and crisp dont turn me on at all:xxaction-smiley-047:Brick::grosyeux:

Moy
13th November 2012, 22:50
i use to like the hickory smoked ones or honey coated ones

by the way Joe what are those crisp?? might be worthy to try that tomorrow to gain some weight:hubbahubba::biggrin:

joebloggs
13th November 2012, 22:58
they are not crisps but peanuts :doh dont know if you can still buy the hickory ones , but the honey ones u can, 45% fat :biggrin:

what you need is to be on my veggy junk diet you'll soon be back to your :Jump: self again :biggrin:

i dont think they make the hickory ones any more :cwm24: probably a good thing or i would be 20+ stone :yikes:

sars_notd_virus
14th November 2012, 01:04
Moy, how about rice 3x a day little and often:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th November 2012, 08:19
being from a large family and having 5 sisters, the saying for my sisters where they have big bones, dont know where the saying came from, they where not fat but if they managed to hit you with a left hook you knew it,

Michael Parnham
14th November 2012, 10:14
Bhem_bhem, why do you want to put weight, if thats your profile picture you look beautiful! When I first went to the Philippines in 1989, all or most of the the ladies were beautiful and slim and thats what the majority of men like, but recent years I have noticed that there are many fat girls, and fat is not pretty, is it because of junk food outlets or have todays women got no pride anymore? Please dont be offended it's not my purpose to offend anyone, I just can't understand why the change.

grahamw48
14th November 2012, 10:30
Michael....totally agree mate.

My first trip was 1990. Overweight Filipinos were a comparative rarity then (a badge of wealth in those days).

Now, so many fat people, same as here. Jolibee, McDs, Pizza instead of healthy rice, fish and veggies are probably the culprits.

Shame.

KeithD
14th November 2012, 10:51
The only time it becomes a problem Moy is if you are walking across the road and vanish down the grid :cwm24:

imagine
14th November 2012, 13:40
one way to tell if your too skinny,

stand straight,stick out your tongue, stand sideways to the mirror, if you look like a zipper your too thin:icon_lol:

grahamw48
14th November 2012, 13:46
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
14th November 2012, 20:59
one way to tell if your too skinny,

stand straight,stick out your tongue, stand sideways to the mirror, if you look like a zipper your too thin:icon_lol:

:laugher::laugher::yikes:

Moy
14th November 2012, 21:00
Moy, how about rice 3x a day little and often:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i try sars..its just my apetite are so slow:cwm3:

stevie c
14th November 2012, 21:30
My wife is lucky she had gained 1st since she had been in the uk

lastlid
14th November 2012, 22:41
Scones and clotted cream. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Peanut butter.
Full fat cheeses.

KeithD
15th November 2012, 14:25
Peanut butter.
Full fat cheeses.

She wants to put on weight not clog up her arteries :icon_lol:

lastlid
15th November 2012, 20:16

:biggrin:

Moy
16th November 2012, 19:47

:crazy::xxaction-smiley-047:laugher::icon_lol:

lastlid
16th November 2012, 19:51
Peanut butter.
Full fat cheeses.

All in moderation of course.

lastlid
16th November 2012, 19:52
:crazy::xxaction-smiley-047:laugher::icon_lol:

A little of what you fancy does you good.