PDA

View Full Version : another pilipinas marriage question..

Neil30
12th November 2012, 17:08
hi guys
please can somebody help us!!me and mahal kong babae are getting married this january in cebu,we have left it a bit late to prepare everything so this is stressful but the paperwork?hala :omg: it is enough to give us both uban! i have read the thread on marriage and the requirements that was posted before but my fiancee keeps asking me about Civil Status..has anybody heard of this or where to get this from here in the UK? we have everything else..cenomar,CNI, Permit from the Church but i cannot find Civil Status anywhere.if anyone can help us with this we would be extremely grateful :xxgrinning--00xx3:
maraming salamat

Godbless :smile:

sars_notd_virus
12th November 2012, 17:16
civil status?...have you been married before?
if yes, then your divorce papers is needed

Neil30
12th November 2012, 17:20
hi..no i have never been married before,my fiancee is adamant i need civil status certificate but i am clueless

sars_notd_virus
12th November 2012, 17:24
hi..no i have never been married before,my fiancee is adamant i need civil status certificate but i am clueless

the certificate of no impediment (CNI)

The laws of some countries require that, before a foreigner may marry within their jurisdiction, he or she must produce a certificate issued by the authorities of the country to which he or she belongs, stating that those authorities do not know of any impediment to the marriage. Such a certificate is known as a Certificate of No Impediment.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/births-deaths-marriages-civil/marriage-and-civil-partnerships/CNI-nulla-ostas

I have been told I need a Certificate of No Impediment or Nulla Osta. How can I get one?

In most cases, if you are marrying overseas and you live in the UK, you can obtain a CNI from your local register office. If you live overseas, you should contact your nearest British Embassy or Consulate who will be able to provide you with details on how to apply for a CNI. There are exceptions to this (principally for marriages in Commonwealth countries or if you are marrying an Irish national) and further details on these can be found below.

You should check with the authorities in the country where you are marrying whether they can accept the CNI as issued by the UK registrar or if it must be exchanged for a locally acceptable version (ie. a certificate in the local language) issued by the British Embassy or Consulate. If it needs to be exchanged for a locally acceptable version please contact the nearest British Embassy or Consulate to where you are getting married who will be able to do this for you.

hawk
12th November 2012, 19:44
when me and my wife was getting ready to marry we had to go to nso to get cni local i had one from uk she got one from reg office after we filled in paper work and paid we waited 12 days then we were married sometime later without cni they wont give papers that permit you to get marriage cert from reg office

irishman12
13th November 2012, 00:17
she already said she had cni

mendoza82
13th November 2012, 05:33
birth cert.cenomar and the local cni this papers we presented to get a marriage license..