PDA

View Full Version : multiculture living in the u.k ( its just not working )

tiger31
9th November 2012, 10:25
this will be a contraversial debate but here goes .many members on this forum including myself complain about illegal immigrants but are you against immigrants in general ? As most of us are intent on bringing our spouses into the u.k to live does raise the question about is it the nationality of the immigrant that bothers you or do you except all nationalities into our shores ? myself would not mind say a russian living next door to me but I would have a problem with say an algerian islamist living next door to me .so what i,m trying to say is does the religeon rather than the nationality matter to you in deciding who is to be your neighbour ?cameron has admitted that multiculture living is not working but its too late now too many people have been let into the country so where do we go from here ?

imagine
9th November 2012, 11:44
its the islamic extremists and those that will not intergrate and accept the british way of life,that are the problem, including those that are born here, its a pity we dont have an austrailia to send them to like they did with criminals years ago,maybe mars would substitute some day

its not color or race that matters,

i would also out the euro trash that come here

lastlid
9th November 2012, 12:33
this will be a contraversial debate but here goes .many members on this forum including myself complain about illegal immigrants but are you against immigrants in general ? As most of us are intent on bringing our spouses into the u.k to live does raise the question about is it the nationality of the immigrant that bothers you or do you except all nationalities into our shores ? myself would not mind say a russian living next door to me but I would have a problem with say an algerian islamist living next door to me .so what i,m trying to say is does the religeon rather than the nationality matter to you in deciding who is to be your neighbour ?cameron has admitted that multiculture living is not working but its too late now too many people have been let into the country so where do we go from here ?

I think we have to tread carefully on this and be careful what we wish for. Most folk in the UK won't differentiate between our wives and girlfriends and many other foreigners from outside the EU.

If we pound the drum too loudly for shutting the doors on immigration then we may shoot ourselves in the foot (to mix the metaphors).

As you indicate, we can come very close to having a set of double standards.

fred
9th November 2012, 12:37
so where do we go from here ?

I dont know about you but I went to the Philippines.
Personally I dont think I could return for long periods as I can hardly recognize the place anymore and the memories that I grew up with are nowhere to be found these days.
I find the UK very depressing for a number of reasons.
I have a few friends in the UK that immigrated years ago from different parts of the world but they integrated completely with our culture and people and were just another one of the lads.. They are still good friends of mine.
Since then,I noticed large swarms of immigrants arriving,creating their own communities almost segregating themselves in clans in various parts of the country..
Paints a pretty bleak picture of integration to me.
As I say... Im quite happy to live here and integrate myself into the Filipino culture.. I find it very easy to do.
I find It almost comes naturally to me.

sars_notd_virus
9th November 2012, 12:52
...living here in the uk for nearly three years and going out everyday for work or shopping but I feel i am not living in Britain lol:icon_rolleyes::icon_lol:

tiger31
9th November 2012, 13:54
this is my whole point we are not intergrating very well and I can see a time when something will explode i e large scale riots in the future .my home town in northamptonshire has been swamped with eastern europeons it just dose,nt feel like home anymore ,and with bulgaria and romania coming on board things are about to get worse .don,t get me wrong i,ve nothing against people moving around to better their lives I even have a romanian lodger in my house and he,s an ok guy ,but we just can,t take them all in as we are pretty overcrowded as it is .Things just don,t look to good for the future .

tiger31
9th November 2012, 13:59
I dont know about you but I went to the Philippines.
Personally I dont think I could return for long periods as I can hardly recognize the place anymore and the memories that I grew up with are nowhere to be found these days.
I find the UK very depressing for a number of reasons.
I have a few friends in the UK that immigrated years ago from different parts of the world but they integrated completely with our culture and people and were just another one of the lads.. They are still good friends of mine.
Since then,I noticed large swarms of immigrants arriving,creating their own communities almost segregating themselves in clans in various parts of the country..
Paints a pretty bleak picture of integration to me.
As I say... Im quite happy to live here and integrate myself into the Filipino culture.. I find it very easy to do.
I find It almost comes naturally to me.

I woud like to stay in the phiippines but i have medical issues that need seeing to so I can,t actually see me retireing there .I find it hard to intergrate in the philippines due to the language barrier i,ve tried to learn but i,m hopeless at remembering what i had for dinner the night before let alone tagalog words lol

Steve.r
9th November 2012, 14:25
I'm with you Fred, I feel that I can integrate well into the community in Phils. I dont want to be seen as the westerner (I know I always will) but feeling relaxed around the more seinior members of the brgy, ie the Brgy Captain, councillors, freinds and family means a lot. I also cannot speak tagalog, but I can grab a few words in a sentence and get the idea of the subject of chat, so it works for me. I think the thing to do is mix with everyone, young and old, let them see you can be fun and helpful and can respect them.

In the UK, these integrating values from immigrants, mostly illegal whingers and false assylum seekers make us all feel that we are being abused by a system that allows the flood into our once great country. We resent the government and so we resent immigrants (illegals)
Our wives of course have a right to be with us in the UK and for me are not part of this discussion.

fred
9th November 2012, 15:03
Our wives of course have a right to be with us in the UK and for me are not part of this discussion.

Steve.. Before I married my wife in 1986 I always thought that once married,I had the right to bring my Mrs to the U.K.
Back then I was proved correct.. After we got married,I went back to the UK to save up for her ticket to the UK ... I worked as a labourer filling skips with rubble on 25 Quid a day till I could get her airfare. She was with me within 2 months..
She was 21 years old..I was 24. Everything went as it should.. Everything was sane back then.
Now?? Now I wouldnt even attempt putting myself through the hardship and hoops the gov are asking real Brits to jump through.
I`d still marry her but plan to move to somewhere a hard working Brit and his mrs are welcome..
Seems I had it good back then...

tiger31
9th November 2012, 15:13
Steve.. Before I married my wife in 1986 I always thought that once married,I had the right to bring my Mrs to the U.K.
Back then I was proved correct.. After we got married,I went back to the UK to save up for her ticket to the UK ... I worked as a labourer filling skips with rubble on 25 Quid a day till I could get her airfare. She was with me within 2 months..
She was 21 years old..I was 24. Everything went as it should.. Everything was sane back then.
Now?? Now I wouldnt even attempt putting myself through the hardship and hoops the gov are asking real Brits to jump through.
I`d still marry her but plan to move to somewhere a hard working Brit and his mrs are welcome..

I hope your still not filling skips lol:biggrin:

fred
9th November 2012, 15:51
I hope your still not filling skips lol:biggrin:

He he.. No,but if I had been doing that till this day , I would have still been just as proud of my achievements!
Work is work... Do what you have to do... IMO.

fred
9th November 2012, 17:26
I remember when the Ugandan refugees arrived after Amin did the business in Uganda..
One of these families moved in,around the block from our house .. After the local kids put fireworks and other nasty stuff through their letter boxes,my old man went round there with my mum with some of our neighbors and helped them move in properly..Hanging curtains and stuff..I guess they were embarrassed at their treatment and felt that we needed to show them that not all Brits were like that and offer them some local hospitality ..etc...
3 weeks later Mr Singh invited us all round for dinner to say thankyou etc.. I was about 6/7 years old I think.. We all arrived and the tables were prepared..One for the Adults and one for the kids.. When the food arrived,I nearly threw up..Dont know what it was to this day.. My sister and our mates screeched in fear as it was served!! Dad and Mum ate the lot although I detected my Dad reaching once or twice but just complained of lack of appetite due to a bout of flu.
He watched Mum reluctantly eat the lot however!!:hubbahubba:

A few years later my parents got divorced and times got tough on my mum me and my sister for a few years after that..
This was about the time of the miners strikes and the blackouts etc..(Shilling in the lekky meter days)
One day there was a knock on the door.. Mum answered.
It was Mr Singh!!
He had heard of our family plight and as he had just recently been made a company director of a chocolate factory (Suchards?) he explained to Mum that he was now in a position to help us after hearing of our predicament!
He gave my mum 500 Quid..(A lot of money back then) Mum tried to deny she needed it out of pure pride but Mr singh said it was a small amount compared to the friendship we offered him and his family some years before..He also told my Mum to not hesitate to visit his families house if we ever required assistance.
How could I forget that?
I just cant.

lastlid
9th November 2012, 19:05
I remember when the Ugandan refugees arrived after Amin did the business in Uganda..
One of these families moved in,around the block from our house .. After the local kids put fireworks and other nasty stuff through their letter boxes,my old man went round there with my mum with some of our neighbors and helped them move in properly..Hanging curtains and stuff..I guess they were embarrassed at their treatment and felt that we needed to show them that not all Brits were like that and offer them some local hospitality ..etc...
3 weeks later Mr Singh invited us all round for dinner to say thankyou etc.. I was about 6/7 years old I think.. We all arrived and the tables were prepared..One for the Adults and one for the kids.. When the food arrived,I nearly threw up..Dont know what it was to this day.. My sister and our mates screeched in fear as it was served!! Dad and Mum ate the lot although I detected my Dad reaching once or twice but just complained of lack of appetite due to a bout of flu.

A few years later my parents got divorced and times got tough on my mum me and my sister for a few years after that..
This was about the time of the miners strikes and the blackouts etc..(Shilling in the lekky meter days)
It was Mr Singh!!
He had heard of our family plight and as he had just recently been made a company director of a chocolate factory (Suchards?) he explained to Mum that he was now in a position to help us after hearing of our predicament!
He gave my mum 500 Quid..(A lot of money back then) Mum tried to deny she needed it out of pure pride but Mr singh said it was a small amount compared to the friendship we offered him and his family some years before..He also told my Mum to not hesitate to visit his families house if we ever required assistance.
How could I forget that?
I just cant.

Nice story.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
9th November 2012, 19:06
Another thread but of a similar though differing nature.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/42420-Statue-of-WWII-heroine-Noor-Inayat-Khan-unveiled?highlight=noor

imagine
9th November 2012, 19:34
i think originaly why it came about that the muslim pakistani took over housing areas of their own,(which didnt help intergration, was that you had a few buy houses in an area, the knock on effect was when their western neighbours wanted to sell they found the value of their house was less as no westerner wanted to buy a house next door, so the value of the property dropped, and the only offers were from other muslim pakistanis willing to buy at a knock down price, eventualy these areas became, muslim pakistani areas, this was no help for intergration, i know back then even estate agents tried to stop them spreading to other areas so as to protect house prices, who is to blame for that :Erm: even those born in these areas pakistani muslims british born , can not intergrate,
perhaps some of that is because they are not accepted, they cant get normal employment, and claim they are at the bottom of the ladder for gaining employment, due to the area they come from perhaps

stevewool
9th November 2012, 20:39

It was Mr Singh!!
How could I forget that?
I just cant.

those where the days, not many people had much but what they had they shared, that does not happen now days

stevewool
9th November 2012, 20:41

lots have things have changed, is it for the better some may say yes others say no, its what you was brought up on, work hard and you will do well,i for one have notice the change in myself, you do have to think of yourself first now days

Dedworth
9th November 2012, 21:51
I wasn't asked if I wanted to live in a "multicultural" state. This mess was foisted upon on by successive governments but mainly as a means of future election rigging by the last shower under Blair and Brown.

We need rigid immigration controls to ensure that we only let in people who's skills we require and that the door is firmly closed on the scumbags, chancers, criminals, extremists etc who were welcomed in previously. The authorities must show more effort and determination in tracking down and shipping out illegals and failed so called "asylum seekers". More attention needs to be paid to the rights of the indigenous population with no more pandering to those who fail or refuse to integrate. We require a complete ban on polygamous and arranged marriages.

andy222
9th November 2012, 22:17
Your flogging a dead horse we all moan about it but is there really anything that we can do? Answer NO it has gone to far.