PDA

View Full Version : Find Your Fate

Arthur Little
8th November 2012, 19:44
Arising from Dedworth's thread relating to the dangers of cycling on today's overcrowded roads and some of the later replies it attracted - serving as a timely reminder that we're ALL mortal - I decided to do 'a little' bit of internet research as to [roughly] when I'm likely to "kick the bucket" ... by feeding a few relevant facts and figures about my OWN particular lifestyle into an online website specially designed for the purpose.

Here, then, is what it threw up for a 6ft tall, diabetic male, weighing 174 lbs ... with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 23:-

(a) Based on my actual lifestyle as a moderate *pipesmoker, I can expect to "snuff it" [pun intended] on 20 January 2020 ... whereas

(b) If I were a non~smoker ... then, apparently, my "Armageddon" would be exactly one year later, i.e., 20 January 2021.

:anerikke: ... not a great deal of difference!

:laugher: ... there you have it folks.

P.S. Just a bit of harmless fun ... but don't breathe a word of this to my good doctor friend, :please:

lastlid
8th November 2012, 19:50
While the cats away.....

lastlid
8th November 2012, 19:58
Arising from Dedworth's thread relating to the dangers of cycling on today's overcrowded roads and some of the later replies it attracted - serving as a timely reminder that we're ALL mortal - I decided to do 'a little' bit of internet research as to [roughly] when I'm likely to "kick the bucket" ... by feeding a few relevant facts and figures about my OWN particular lifestyle into an online website specially designed for the purpose.

Here, then, is what it threw up for a 6ft tall diabetic male, weighing 174 lbs ... with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 23:-

(a) Based on my actual lifestyle as a moderate *pipesmoker, I can expect to "snuff it" [pun intended] on 20 January 2020 ... whereas

(b) If I were a non~smoker ... then, apparently my "Armageddon" would be exactly one year later, i.e., 20 January 2021.

:anerikke: ... not a great deal of difference!

:laugher: ... there you have it folks.

P.S. Just a bit of harmless fun ... but don't breathe a word of this to my good doctor friend, :please:

A brisk cycle through the center of manchester and you could knock another few years off that!

imagine
8th November 2012, 20:07
just avoid buckets on those dates :biggrin:

lastlid
8th November 2012, 20:27
Is this the one?

http://www.findyourfate.com/deathmeter/deathmtr.html

"Note: This is just for entertainment and we are strongly against anyone taking serious actions based on this result - date of death"

imagine
8th November 2012, 21:53
Is this the one?

http://www.findyourfate.com/deathmeter/deathmtr.html

"Note: This is just for entertainment and we are strongly against anyone taking serious actions based on this result - date of death"

that one says my Armageddon's day is Aug 27 2038:yikes:

lastlid
8th November 2012, 22:40
that one says my Armageddon's day is Aug 27 2038:yikes:

:yikes:

Arthur Little
8th November 2012, 23:53
While the cats away.....

... not really, no - :nono-1-1: - merely a thought that occurred to me while I was perusing the aforementioned deliberations about death coming to everyone sooner or later.

grahamw48
9th November 2012, 00:17
I'm on borrowed time....or my calculator needs a new battery.:cwm3:

mickcant
9th November 2012, 06:28
The amount of funerals I have been to lately has been a reminder :omg:

Regarding your extra year if you did not smoke, a year could be as handy as an extra inch :icon_lol:
Mick :icon_rolleyes:

Steve.r
9th November 2012, 06:50
I have until October 2052 before I snuff it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
9th November 2012, 07:56
wow i am ok i have till november 11 2040 at 6.30 in the evening, sitting watching the sunset over panglao beach, coconut drink in one hand in the other is my Ems hand :xxgrinning--00xx3: