PDA

View Full Version : Apple and the IPOD Nano

ginapeterb
10th October 2005, 11:11
Apple Ipod Nano

Has anyone bought the Ipod Nano yet, I purchased one on Saturday for Gina's birthday Gift, it is so cool, it stores not just songs, but photo albums, in colour, with slideshow facility, although Apple has been typically stingy again, in not supplying a decent set of headphones, and also, no docking station, it does however charge from USB, but the docking station is a must although at £20.00 its a steep look down your pocket.

It is so small, about the size of a credit card, at £139.00 for the 2GB and £169.00 for the 4GB, I know Rob is off to Hong Kong, hehehehe, will it be on your wish list Rob ?? or will Elsa say...Ang Mahal di ba ?

Apple have still not brought out the Lanyard headhphones for the Nano, which link to the port on the bottom of the unit, then it loops round your head, and is portable, as its so small it can be easily lost, if you put it down, hardly weighs anything,

Any comments on above, the IPOD is also available in Tottenham Court Road, from Micro Anvika or at the Apple Store in Regent Street, just near to Oxford Circus, they didnt have the Docking station in stock, but we managed to get one at Harrods in Knightsbridge whose eletrical section on the 3rd Floor had all the accessories for the Nano, at Micro Anvika's concessiion

Anyone who has it let me know, what you think ?

Eljohno
10th October 2005, 18:08
Hi pete,
i saw a program on "Watchdog" were a lot of people had complained that they break very easy and the screens are easily scratched.I am not saying this will happen to you but hold onto the receipt for a good while just in case.

I saw the new PSP as my friend bought it and its pretty cool also....

ginapeterb
10th October 2005, 20:36
Originally posted by Eljohno@Oct 10 2005, 05:08 PM
Hi pete,
i saw a program on "Watchdog" were a lot of people had complained that they break very easy and the screens are easily scratched.I am not saying this will happen to you but hold onto the receipt for a good while just in case.

I saw the new PSP as my friend bought it and its pretty cool also....

Quoted post

Thats very good advice, it is so small, some people have put them down and lost them, and we were warned to be careful not to put it down or it can get damaged on the rear of the unit, as the surface is not brushed, its a light alloy colour, shame they didnt ship it with the lanyard headphones that everyone is waiting for, but thanks I take your advice on board

walesrob
10th October 2005, 21:29
Oo, you dont wanna buy one of those Ipoddle Ninos, you want one of these:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00067TTYU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Its a Zen Micro see, built in radio, built in mic, mic recording, radio recording, dont need that awful ITunes software to make it work, oo-er it even plays any format of music, not just AAC. Battery life is better than IPoddle you know. Headphone quality far better than IPoddle. Only £141 from here Savastore (http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10279328&pid=44&rstrat=0) , but only £115 in HK if anyone wants one. And Creative are a nice company....You know you want one. You must ...Go on, I dare you...

Oops sorry guys I thought I was working back in Currys...!! But seriously, I've compared I Pod to Zen, and the Zen wins it for me on features alone, and for quality.

ginapeterb
11th October 2005, 07:36
Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 10 2005, 08:29 PM
Oo, you dont wanna buy one of those Ipoddle Ninos, you want one of these:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00067TTYU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Its a Zen Micro see, built in radio, built in mic, mic recording, radio recording, dont need that awful ITunes software to make it work, oo-er it even plays any format of music, not just AAC. Battery life is better than IPoddle you know. Headphone quality far better than IPoddle. Only £141 from here Savastore (http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10279328&pid=44&rstrat=0) , but only £115 in HK if anyone wants one. And Creative are a nice company....You know you want one. You must ...Go on, I dare you...

Oops sorry guys I thought I was working back in Currys...!! But seriously, I've compared I Pod to Zen, and the Zen wins it for me on features alone, and for quality.

Quoted post

Rob has Elsa taken all your pocket money again ? geeeeze, I hear you, only P200 a week for your pocket is a real drag.hehehehehe

Admin
11th October 2005, 08:53
I use my XDA IIs for music, films & video if so required :)

walesrob
11th October 2005, 13:17
Originally posted by admin@Oct 11 2005, 08:53 AM
I use my XDA IIs for music, films & video if so required :)

Quoted post

OK, I give in, whats an XDA when its at home? :unsure:

ginapeterb
11th October 2005, 19:28
Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 11 2005, 12:17 PM
OK, I give in, whats an XDA when its at home? :unsure:

Quoted post

XDA sounds like that hybrid pocket Pc cum mobile phone Keith am i right ???

Rob when are you going to Hong Kong, hate you for that, it should be me that is going, !! let us k now the date, hope you are checking in with us...Gina is going home at Xmas, should I go with her ? geeeze, dont know what to do if I go back to Philippines again ??

walesrob
11th October 2005, 21:19
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Oct 11 2005, 07:28 PM
XDA sounds like that hybrid pocket Pc cum mobile phone Keith am i right ???

Rob when are you going to Hong Kong, hate you for that, it should be me that is going, !! let us k now the date, hope you are checking in with us...Gina is going home at Xmas, should I go with her ? geeeze, dont know what to do if I go back to Philippines again ??

Quoted post

We'll be flying to Hong Kong, this time not from London, but from Cardiff to Amsterdam (on a little Fokker 100 - ho ho think of the jokes for that one) then a 747Combi to Hong Kong, with KLM on October 24th, back on 12 November. I'm glad I havent gotta drive up to London and the hassle that goes with it, and anyway my auntie lives just 5 minutes from Cardiff Airport. Got a good deal as usual with Lastminute.com for £485.

Pete I thought you loved the Philippines :blink: :lol: :rolleyes: