PDA

View Full Version : UK banking B/S

fred
6th November 2012, 15:53
A warning to those thinking of moving to R.P or elsewhere and leaving cash behind in a U.K banking organisation.
NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!!!:cwm23:
When we arrived nearly 6 years ago there was no big issue with our UK online banking..
Since then our sentry cards and bank cards have expired and no one will deal with us without a huge amount of hassle..
Dont forget... Its MY accounts that I want access too.. But Forget it!
I want to call my local bank but there is no way I can call them on a local landline number. They dont exist.
They will not deal with me via email..Only via premium expensive calls that involve at least 30 minutes of elevator music followed by a huge number of security questions if you have enough Smart load to get through!! before I begin with my questions or complaints. These calls need to be repeated many times before there is a resolution... In our case none.
I can honestly say that I much prefered banking when the branch manager recognised my voice!! Damn I feel old just saying that!!
These days you need to keep cool and be very careful not to upset the call canter agent that probably has never been educated of where your bank`s hometown is located.. Be careful as I say as that particular twot has the power to shut you off from your UK funds.(and has done so twice)
No emergency..But if anyone knows a UK local landline telephone number for Barclays that I can actually contact from Skype (non premium) then I will buy you at least 5 SMB`s just about anywhere on Panglao... Whenever you like.

imagine
6th November 2012, 16:04
i have given my daughter power of attorney, which according to my scotish solicitor,

she can attend to all my financial affairs, should i need her to, if i find myself in such a situation as yourself,

maybe worth thinking about by anyone else who may think its a good idea for them

raynaputi
6th November 2012, 16:14
Hi Fred, not sure if this is something useful to you... http://www.barclays.co.uk/ContactUs/Callus/P1242558110824 and http://group.barclays.com/about-barclays/contact-us/uk:Erm:

Dedworth
6th November 2012, 16:17
A mate of mine has joint Brit/Oz citizenship, lived out there for about 20 years. Has happily run a small Llloyds Current Account and Mastercard online but says he's had nothing but trouble over the last 3 or 4 years. He was here last month and switched over to Nationwide.

Fred - these are Coventry codes for Sharkleys

024 7684 2063
024 7684 2100
024 7684 2099

Search Barclays here for more http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

fred
6th November 2012, 16:27
Hi Fred, not sure if this is something useful to you... http://www.barclays.co.uk/ContactUs/Callus/P1242558110824 and http://group.barclays.com/about-barclays/contact-us/uk:Erm:

Thanks Rayna... Lets see tomorrow.....Im off to bed now...Knackered!! Dont have the energy to deal with these knumbskulls right now..
If it works though...I hope you drink beer!

lastlid
6th November 2012, 16:31
A warning to those thinking of moving to R.P or elsewhere and leaving cash behind in a U.K banking organisation.
When we arrived nearly 6 years ago there was no big issue with our UK online banking..
Since then our sentry cards and bank cards have expired and no one will deal with us without a huge amount of hassle..
I want to call my local bank but there is no way I can call them on a local landline number. They dont exist.
They will not deal with me via email..Only via premium expensive calls that involve at least 30 minutes of elevator music followed by a huge number of security questions if you have enough Smart load to get through!! before I begin with my questions or complaints. These calls need to be repeated many times before there is a resolution... In our case none.
I can honestly say that I much prefered banking when the branch manager recognised my voice!! Damn I feel old just saying that!!
These days you need to keep cool and be very careful not to upset the call canter agent that probably has never been educated of where your bank`s hometown is located.. Be careful as I say as that particular twot has the power to shut you off from your UK funds.(and has done so twice)
No emergency..But if anyone knows a UK local landline telephone number for Barclays that I can actually contact from Skype (non premium) then I will buy you at least 5 SMB`s just about anywhere on Panglao... Whenever you like.

I have the same problem in the Isle of Man with my bank in the UK!

I am not jesting.

raynaputi
6th November 2012, 16:33
Thanks Rayna... Lets see tomorrow.....Im off to bed now...Knackered!! Dont have the energy to deal with these knumbskulls right now..
If it works though...I hope you drink beer!

I don't drink! :cwm24:

lastlid
6th November 2012, 16:36
Try:

Internet Banking Barclaycard
+44 1642 332 308

Current Accounts Barclaycard
+44 24 7684 2100

Telephone Banking
+44 24 7684 2100

fred
6th November 2012, 16:41
Ded.. Thanks,Ill try those numbers tomorrow..
If I call another banking number tonight,I`ll probably strangle the buggers over the phone!!
Thanks again though...
I`ll Let you know how I get on tomorrow if I get through.
Other suggestions appreciated,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
6th November 2012, 16:43
Ded.. Thanks,Ill try those numbers tomorrow..
If I call another number banking number tonight,I`ll probably strangle the buggers over the phone!!
Thanks again though...
I`ll Let you know how I get on tomorrow if I get through.
Other suggestions appreciated,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck it's a nightmare phoning the banks etc from here must be 3 times as bad from overseas

fred
6th November 2012, 16:45
Try:

Internet Banking Barclaycard
+44 1642 332 308

Current Accounts Barclaycard
+44 24 7684 2100

Telephone Banking
+44 24 7684 2100

Lastlid... Also thanks!
Will try tomorrow.
Im cooling down a bit but not enough to call these ..... just now...Will let you know.

rusty
6th November 2012, 18:54
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Try this website to find alternative numbers for premium rate numbers. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th November 2012, 20:23

This post makes me laugh as it is so true! Not farkin funny.

jonnijon
6th November 2012, 22:33
I changed banks to HSBC before I moved here to the Philippines, have accounts in both countrys no problem. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th November 2012, 23:16
As I mentioned in another thread...giving a TRUSTED person 'power of attorney' can be a very useful move before going to foreign lands for any length of time.

My dad (when he was alive) was able to act on my behalf back here should the need arise...banks or anything else. Probably a solicitor could be used if you don't have a trusted close relation.

RickyR
7th November 2012, 04:31
I'd definitely recommend HSBC, we have accounts with them here in the Middle East, UK and Philippines.
All the accounts can be linked, managed online and via the branch in whatever country your in. Transfers can be made instantly 24/7 between your accounts.
You'd probably need to setup the account when your back in the UK, but you won't regret it.

grahamw48
7th November 2012, 09:58
I'll second that.

I used to have HSBC accounts in UK, Hong Kong and the Phils.

The ex had a debit card for them too, so easy for her to access cash (in the Phils) when I was working away.

andy222
7th November 2012, 15:28
Lastlid... Also thanks!
Will try tomorrow.
Im cooling down a bit but not enough to call these ..... just now...Will let you know.
Probably a phil call center,:cwm25:

fred
8th November 2012, 01:53
Thanks for the numbers and that 0842 website.. Works like a dream!
Beers cold..and waiting to be claimed.

Dedworth
8th November 2012, 09:20
You can have mine Fred - you deserve it after all that hassle :biggrin: