PDA

View Full Version : ILR for spouse

queenie
6th November 2012, 14:52
Hi guys!

I am a 27 month spouse visa here in UK and will expire it Sept 2013.. I gave birth to my baby girl this year.
I'm just wondering if i won't go through applying for Indefinite to remain and ILR exam because I have a child? I just hear it to someone that you will be automatically permanent here in UK (british citizen) as well because you have a child..... is it true?

cheers :)

sars_notd_virus
6th November 2012, 15:16
,,, I dont think so...you will still undergo the Life in the UK test and will go the same process for ILR application ... where is your partner?? only in some circumstances like in this link ,please read:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/bereaved-partners/

queenie
6th November 2012, 15:22
my husband is just here in uk and he is originally a british citizen.. just wondrin' coz someone says she got her ILR even if she's only 1 year here in uk..

sars_notd_virus
6th November 2012, 15:44
my husband is just here in uk and he is originally a british citizen.. just wondrin' coz someone says she got her ILR even if she's only 1 year here in uk..

dont confuse yourself , every case is different ...if you said you are on a 27 month spouse visa then you need to passed the Life in the UK and apply for ILR.

queenie
6th November 2012, 16:14
thnx

lastlid
6th November 2012, 16:45
I wish it were the case. We are in a similar position.