PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

britadobo
6th October 2005, 15:53
HI all

Just registered today :) nice to see a Filipino forum here in the UK. Ive been here since I was 8 years old and always wanted to find out more about the PH and meet other filipinos, as I havent been back ever since! :( Anyway, nice to see that there all plenty of fellow pinoys here in the UK. ;)

Admin
6th October 2005, 16:46
Ive been here since I was 8 years old You've been on the forum THAT long and said nothing!! :lol:

as I havent been back ever since!
You don't know how lucky you are :rolleyes:

.....and HELLO :)

britadobo
6th October 2005, 16:53
Originally posted by admin@Oct 6 2005, 04:46 PM
You've been on the forum THAT long and said nothing!! :lol:
You don't know how lucky you are :rolleyes:
.....and HELLO :)

Quoted post

LOL! Yeah I was hiding all along ;) Seems like a friendly place... nice to be here :rolleyes:

deepete
6th October 2005, 19:58
Originally posted by britadobo@Oct 6 2005, 04:53 PM
LOL! Yeah I was hiding all along ;) Seems like a friendly place... nice to be here :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Hi Ria

I`m a new boy as well but I have visited the P.I. a few times ,so if there`s anything I can help you with just ask away, English only though, as i gave up on my Tagalog

Peter

britadobo
6th October 2005, 20:14
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 6 2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Ria

I`m a new boy as well but I have visited the P.I. a few times ,so if there`s anything I can help you with just ask away, English only though, as i gave up on my Tagalog

Peter

Quoted post

Lucky you having the chance to visit, everytime I seem to plan to go back something crops up... so its always been put off... anyway have given up on my tagalog too... can only understand some stuff... as for asking me to speak or write it... no chance! I dont want to look a fool! :unsure: Somehow when I speak it, I sound like a try hard. :(

Anyway I shall be going back on May 2007 as my hubby and I are having our main wedding there.... I cant wait! :D

Where in the Uk are u from? Im from the lovely city of Cambridge.... (not one of the posh ones those... more of a commoner)

Thanks all for making me feel welcome!

ginapeterb
6th October 2005, 20:33
Mabuhay Ria, kumusta nice to have you on the Forum, Gina and Pete welcome you, we are about 35 miles south of you in Chelmsford, welcome to the Forum, we hope to see more of you soon, we are a Brit-Filipino couple,

Best wishes

Pete n Gina

Admin
7th October 2005, 08:56
I live in Wales.........same country as Rob......(Don't mention sheep when he's here though, he's never been the same since they cloned his girlfriend :unsure: )...... :lol:

walesrob
7th October 2005, 10:59
Originally posted by admin@Oct 7 2005, 08:56 AM
I live in Wales.........same country as Rob......(Don't mention sheep when he's here though, he's never been the same since they cloned his girlfriend :unsure: )...... :lol:

Quoted post

Keith, you are as funny as a...fart in a lift :lol: :lol:

deepete
7th October 2005, 12:41
Hi Ria

I live at the other end of the M11, East London/Essex borders and met my wife Dee while she was studying here 18 years ago.

She originates from Angeles city, a very quite place with shy retiring people, that I`m not all that keen to visit. I really enjoy Manilla, being a city boy I suppose.

Good luck for the wedding, we have held lots of parties in the P.I. never met the neighbours but they always turn up to eat then dissapear.

Nice to meet you guys, anyone considering living in the P.I.

Peter

Admin
7th October 2005, 13:29
Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 7 2005, 09:59 AM
Keith, you are as funny as a...fart in a lift :lol: :lol:

Quoted post

I must be, I stole the radio out of my own car last night :blink:

Eljohno
7th October 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 7 2005, 11:41 AM

Nice to meet you guys, anyone considering living in the P.I.

Peter

Quoted post

Hi Peter,
yes i am aiming to live there sometime in the next few years.I have only been once so far though i am going next month also...

Eljohno

gecko_pikachu
7th October 2005, 19:31
Originally posted by britadobo@Oct 6 2005, 02:53 PM
HI all

Just registered today :) nice to see a Filipino forum here in the UK. Ive been here since I was 8 years old and always wanted to find out more about the PH and meet other filipinos, as I havent been back ever since! :( Anyway, nice to see that there all plenty of fellow pinoys here in the UK. ;)

Quoted post

Hello Ria, nice meeting you here! I'm a Filipino married to British & we have a lovely little darling boy, DJ (David Jose). We're planning to go back to the P.I for the next 2 years, please God! and would enjoy the warm weather, that's what I miss in the P.I, of course my family as well. I love to spend every single minutes being there, it's more different than here in UK, different lifestyle, culture & everything. I'm still desperate for Filipino foods :rolleyes:

I would give thumbs up to the P.I. I love England as well as my second country, but P.I would still be my "HOME, SWEET HOME!". I miss the Christmas & New Year celebration there. Months & years passed by so quick that I even don't want to bother counting on days before Chrismas or New Year. I wish I could go back home as soon as I can hehe! ;)

Wish you goodluck on your wedding.

Venus

deepete
7th October 2005, 20:37
Hi Eljohno

hope you enjoy your visit, me and my younger son followed a few weeks after my wife on our last visit and we got upgraded to business class with Emirate`s. They thought I was a pilot, in my passport pic they said I looked like a pilot. Wasnt going to argue.

Hey Venus, my wife actually prefers the climate here, I cope better than her when we visit the P.I.

Her food cravings have changed now to any food thats around, she just loves eating.
When we first met she cooked dried fish in vinegar in the house, wow the stink, then I said she could cook it whenever she wanted it, but out in the garden shed!

I bet you really miss the early morning visits to the meat market in the P.I.
I love all the carol singing at xmas, not sure about the fireworks for the new year though

kentish
7th October 2005, 21:41
Welcome to the forum Ria.... Its always good to know this forum is growing.

Hello Venus,

If you are going to PI with your little boy, post your experience here. Me too has little almost 7 months old boy and planning to visit PI. I bet its not that easy to travel with a baby, anyone here has experience? Please share.

gecko_pikachu
7th October 2005, 21:51
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 7 2005, 07:37 PM
Hi Eljohno

hope you enjoy your visit, me and my younger son followed a few weeks after my wife on our last visit and we got upgraded to business class with Emirate`s. They thought I was a pilot, in my passport pic they said I looked like a pilot. Wasnt going to argue.

Hey Venus, my wife actually prefers the climate here, I cope better than her when we visit the P.I.

Her food cravings have changed now to any food thats around, she just loves eating.
When we first met she cooked dried fish in vinegar in the house, wow the stink, then I said she could cook it whenever she wanted it, but out in the garden shed!

I bet you really miss the early morning visits to the meat market in the P.I.
I love all the carol singing at xmas, not sure about the fireworks for the new year though

Quoted post

I actually prefer the cold weather here as I could wear thick coats :rolleyes: I don't need to worry more about what tops to put on if i'm going out... only that Im still missing going out in front of the house, sat there anytime of the day without thinking about the cold day. B)

Dried fish? (WOW!) that does stinks but it's worth eating it haha! I miss that as well and to mention the wet market in the P.I at least everything's fresh, that does matters. I don't mind now going back at this minute and I would get anything that I want in the market. I used to moan a lot about what my mother prepares on the table but I realized that I need them all so badly now :P I won't be maarte anymore hehe! Millions of people starving you know! :unsure:

I can't cook anything I want here... I'm staying with my mother-in-law, she always doesn't like to smell any filipino foods. Careful not to argue with her, isn't it? I'm a nice person you know... but my husband is alright, he doesn't mind if he's looking at me using my hand (just in front of him though) while i'm having something to eat. Hey, don't laugh at me but that's very true... only in the P.I i supposed. :lol:

gecko_pikachu
7th October 2005, 22:03
Originally posted by kentish@Oct 7 2005, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Ria.... Its always good to know this forum is growing.

Hello Venus,

If you are going to PI with your little boy, post your experience here. Me too has little almost 7 months old boy and planning to visit PI. I bet its not that easy to travel with a baby, anyone here has experience? Please share.

Quoted post

Hey Kentish, my little DJ is going on 6mos old this 19th of October. B) My husband John enjoyed his stay of his first visit in the PI, that was when we first met. He couldn't wait any longer to visit PI. He loves singing on videoke and he thinks that he's very famous (everyone's looking at him, that's why). He just loves Asian culture.

I will post everything about my experience going back in the PI. :unsure:

kentish
8th October 2005, 14:59
Karaoke.....hahahahhh. Me and hubby were fortunate to get a dvd player with karaoke function at Safeway 2 years ago and once we got home I connect it to his stereo with quite powerful speaker, (never mind the messy wiring all over the place long as karaoke is working) and played loud tagalog karaoke songs which probably irritate the neighbor.

But when my boy was about 3 months old he doesnt like it <_< <_<

Oh yeah why dont this forum organize karaoke party???????????hello mods...

walesrob
8th October 2005, 23:33
Originally posted by kentish@Oct 8 2005, 02:59 PM

Oh yeah why dont this forum organize karaoke party???????????hello mods...

Quoted post

I&#39;ll happily organise a Karaoke Party but no way am I taking part unless blown speakers and bleeding eardrums is what you like.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you&#39;ll find we all live quite away from each other, but I&#39;m sure we can all make an effort. Keith, whatta you reckon?

gecko_pikachu
9th October 2005, 11:46
Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 8 2005, 10:33 PM
I&#39;ll happily organise a Karaoke Party but no way am I taking part unless blown speakers and bleeding eardrums is what you like.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you&#39;ll find we all live quite away from each other, but I&#39;m sure we can all make an effort. Keith, whatta you reckon?

Quoted post

My hubby loves to sing on karaoke or videoke, he won&#39;t think any seconds. He would have a go. :lol: I could sing a bit as well but I&#39;m not that good, although of course I won&#39;t sing in front of many audience or I would faint&#33; :rolleyes: unless if there&#39;s a bit of reward, oh well, it might be a miracle for me and i might have a go.

He sang some songs when he went in the PI with people next door listening to him, he had a go on that massive videoke with nude women on the screen, he says he didn&#39;t know where to put his eyes, first time you see :lol: :lol: :lol:

ginapeterb
10th October 2005, 11:05
Originally posted by gecko_pikachu@Oct 9 2005, 10:46 AM
My hubby loves to sing on karaoke or videoke, he won&#39;t think any seconds. He would have a go. :lol: I could sing a bit as well but I&#39;m not that good, although of course I won&#39;t sing in front of many audience or I would faint&#33; :rolleyes: unless if there&#39;s a bit of reward, oh well, it might be a miracle for me and i might have a go.

He sang some songs when he went in the PI with people next door listening to him, he had a go on that massive videoke with nude women on the screen, he says he didn&#39;t know where to put his eyes, first time you see :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quoted post

He is like me a little, I am up for it, the last time I got up, was in a room full of Filipina&#39;s I sang Otso Otso by Bayani, I can also sing Si Misis word for word, although I would like to have a go at "She will be loved" by Maroon 5, they were on at the Hammersmith Apollo, 2 weeks ago, my mate William and his Girl Leah, got tickets for that gig, git, I wish it was me and Gina that had those tickets, although I think also, one of my wife&#39;s Filiina freinds, promised she would dance "Sayaw Kikay" for me to see, and the Spaghetti song by Sex Bomb Girls, that should be fun, as for Videoke, yeah ok lets get together and have a party at someones house, anybody got "Magic Sing" ? if so, lets have the party in

LONDON &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Yes....

Who is up for it ? just out of interest, Gina and I were at the Manila Supermarket, last Tuesday at around 4.30pm, in Hogarth Place, the usual number of Filipina domestic helpers and Ya Ya&#39;s were hanging around outside, but Gina was so happy to shop for all the things she needed, I had to keep going out to put money in the meter while she shopped, its easy to spot, there is also a 2nd Filipino supermarket across the road, in Hogarth road, and a Thai supermarket next to it, plus a couple of other Filipino stores, jewellery and travel, looks like a little Filipino community is catching on there.

deepete
10th October 2005, 13:06
As it happens , we have magic mike but ive kept it hidden in case my wife finds it again.
The fun we have with it though, a few beers and waahayy.

BTW.http://earth.google.com/ for you homesick girls and boys. I can pinpoint my in-laws house

Peter

Admin
10th October 2005, 15:59
Poor Gina...getting dragged to a karaoke......does she know the pubs employ Pete to sing at closing time to empty the place? :lol: :unsure:

gecko_pikachu
10th October 2005, 16:17
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Oct 10 2005, 10:05 AM
He is like me a little, I am up for it, the last time I got up, was in a room full of Filipina&#39;s I sang Otso Otso by Bayani, I can also sing Si Misis word for word, although I would like to have a go at "She will be loved" by Maroon 5, they were on at the Hammersmith Apollo, 2 weeks ago, my mate William and his Girl Leah, got tickets for that gig, git, I wish it was me and Gina that had those tickets, although I think also, one of my wife&#39;s Filiina freinds, promised she would dance "Sayaw Kikay" for me to see, and the Spaghetti song by Sex Bomb Girls, that should be fun, as for Videoke, yeah ok lets get together and have a party at someones house, anybody got "Magic Sing" ? if so, lets have the party in

LONDON &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Yes....

Who is up for it ? just out of interest, Gina and I were at the Manila Supermarket, last Tuesday at around 4.30pm, in Hogarth Place, the usual number of Filipina domestic helpers and Ya Ya&#39;s were hanging around outside, but Gina was so happy to shop for all the things she needed, I had to keep going out to put money in the meter while she shopped, its easy to spot, there is also a 2nd Filipino supermarket across the road, in Hogarth road, and a Thai supermarket next to it, plus a couple of other Filipino stores, jewellery and travel, looks like a little Filipino community is catching on there.

Quoted post

It&#39;s a shame we&#39;re far from London, it&#39;s a long way to go there. :unsure: I can&#39;t manage that journey especially with a 6mos. old baby. He&#39;d be screaming so bad before we get out B) I don&#39;t mind to travel as long as my baby DJ is big enough and I could start going to work. It&#39;s not easy to be in here all the time, it&#39;s real boring&#33; ((((sigh)))) :blink: apart that, i wanted to always travel on my own :P I used to go out a lot when I was still in the PI as I gone to university (Manila) for 7years studying. But here (in the house)? seems like everyone&#39;s very old-fashioned type. They won&#39;t put there trust on me going out on my own. :blink: I wonder why? Just asking...

Admin
10th October 2005, 17:18
They probably think you&#39;ll run off with the baby....but explain to them.....it&#39;s the Greeks that do that :rolleyes:

gecko_pikachu
12th October 2005, 16:01
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 10 2005, 12:06 PM
As it happens , we have magic mike but ive kept it hidden in case my wife finds it again.
The fun we have with it though, a few beers and waahayy.

BTW.http://earth.google.com/ for you homesick girls and boys. I can pinpoint my in-laws house

Peter

Quoted post

Thanks a lot for this weblink http://earth.google.com/ deepete. I got the free version the other day and my hubby&#39;s getting the Plus one. It&#39;s very informative although unfortunately, it&#39;s a shame that we&#39;re having a hard time looking for a clearer 3D picture of PI. What&#39;s happening in there? B)

deepete
12th October 2005, 21:01
Its a bit fuzzy, probably need to be in military for a clearer picture. It`s not bad on big cities like Angeles considering all the polution it must be looking through. Mountainous areas look awesome. I can see the vehicles parked outside my house here in London but apparently there are some satelites that can read the number plate.

Just goes to show, big brother and all that.

BTW are you gecko or pikachu

Peter

gecko_pikachu
13th October 2005, 15:30
[quote=deepete,Oct 12 2005, 08:01 PM]
Its a bit fuzzy, probably need to be in military for a clearer picture. It`s not bad on big cities like Angeles considering all the polution it must be looking through. Mountainous areas look awesome. I can see the vehicles parked outside my house here in London but apparently there are some satelites that can read the number plate.

Just goes to show, big brother and all that.
BTW are you gecko or pikachu

Peter

Never mind... i can&#39;t even download google earth plus from file sharing. there&#39;s something wrong with the set-up. :angry:

I&#39;m Venus ..... not gecko or pikachu haha&#33; :D :D :D :D

Admin
13th October 2005, 21:13
My house is a green blur on Google :( They need to get there finger out and picture some of our local sheep&#33;&#33;

kentish
26th October 2005, 10:43
Originally posted by gecko_pikachu@Oct 10 2005, 04:17 PM
It&#39;s a shame we&#39;re far from London, it&#39;s a long way to go there. :unsure: I can&#39;t manage that journey especially with a 6mos. old baby. He&#39;d be screaming so bad before we get out B) I don&#39;t mind to travel as long as my baby DJ is big enough and I could start going to work. It&#39;s not easy to be in here all the time, it&#39;s real boring&#33; ((((sigh)))) :blink: apart that, i wanted to always travel on my own :P I used to go out a lot when I was still in the PI as I gone to university (Manila) for 7years studying. But here (in the house)? seems like everyone&#39;s very old-fashioned type. They won&#39;t put there trust on me going out on my own. :blink: I wonder why? Just asking...

Quoted post

Hahahahahahahhh .... hirap ano. Same here with a 7 month old baby it&#39;s qiute difficult to travel to other town specially I dont drive.

About a karaoke in London, again it&#39;s not easy with us who has baby. What if while probably enjoying singing the little baby call for BT....like the one in Little Britain comedy series........

deepete
26th October 2005, 11:59
Couldnt see any sheep either, saw lots of men roaming the hills, maybe sheep running scared

deepete
26th October 2005, 12:06
nice pics Venus, very pretty, maybe thats why they wont let you out on your own

gecko_pikachu
26th October 2005, 21:39
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 26 2005, 11:06 AM
nice pics Venus, very pretty, maybe thats why they wont let you out on your own

Quoted post

That&#39;s not certainly the reason deepete :P Imagine saying that... it&#39;s just the way they are here at home. I can&#39;t blame them, they&#39;re just trying to be more protective & more secured... you never know who&#39;s watching you while you&#39;re out all the time. It&#39;s pretty ridiculous sometimes but they have the point though.

I&#39;m still very determined though. Ah well, I can&#39;t live like this forever or else I&#39;d be in a state of shock. :lol:

Stop moaning.... better to carry on Venus hehe&#33; :P Just wait until you start working & you would see what you&#39;re missing... :rolleyes:

gecko_pikachu
26th October 2005, 21:48
Originally posted by kentish@Oct 26 2005, 09:43 AM
Hahahahahahahhh .... hirap ano. Same here with a 7 month old baby it&#39;s qiute difficult to travel to other town specially I dont drive.

About a karaoke in London, again it&#39;s not easy with us who has baby. What if while probably enjoying singing the little baby call for BT....like the one in Little Britain comedy series........

Quoted post

I like watching Little Britain, it&#39;s very funny&#33; Betty&#33; Betty&#33; :huh: My sister-in-law&#39;s like that. She likes feeding the baby (baby&#39;s going on 2 years). The funny side about her feeding the baby is that, she&#39;s just doing it even in front of my husband... terrible thing to do isn&#39;t it? Baby&#39;s bigger than the mommy hehe&#33; :lol:

Too big for the Betty :lol: That&#39;s why my husband teasing the baby Betty&#33; Betty&#33;

deepete
26th October 2005, 21:48
well when i visit the P.I. i have the family follow me around everywhere, they mean well but very frustrating. Have been known to start a row just to get some freedom

gecko_pikachu
26th October 2005, 22:06
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 26 2005, 08:48 PM
well when i visit the P.I. i have the family follow me around everywhere, they mean well but very frustrating. Have been known to start a row just to get some freedom

Quoted post

Don&#39;t you worry deepete, they might be just wanted your attention. :angry: Never mind... it&#39;s just very common for them to do that. You were very fortunate nobody tried to bother you. Thanks God for this family hehe&#33; :lol:

I can&#39;t stand that though&#33; I&#39;ll be on fit if I were you&#33; :unsure:

kentish
27th October 2005, 12:24
Hah???? Gecko hope you won&#39;t breastfeed your baby till he&#39;s 2 years old.... naku parang sa Pinas na yan . It&#39;s like in the Philippines I&#39;ve seen babies still feeding on their mothers&#39; breast who are about 3 years old.... But again formula in the PI is very expensive and many families would&#39;nt afford it, on the other hand breastmilk is still the best. My little boy stop breastfeeding at 6 months but before he turn 6months the susomilk supply started drying up.

O ano na Geck, siguro by now you are enjoying walking about with your son, specially in the shops as babies tends to just look around if not sleeping.

As for me and my boy it&#39;s quite boring as we all know families here never stay as close like we do also the people around but I must admit that I find people from the north of the country are friendlier than here in the south.

deepete
27th October 2005, 14:11
*I can&#39;t stand that though&#33; I&#39;ll be on fit if I were you&#33;*

Hey Venus, can you translate that for me

What`s with the signature, is it your company?

Peter

Admin
27th October 2005, 16:46
Venus, no website links in signatures without permission. Thanks.

gecko_pikachu
27th October 2005, 22:56
Originally posted by kentish@Oct 27 2005, 11:24 AM
Hah???? Gecko hope you won&#39;t breastfeed your baby till he&#39;s 2 years old.... naku parang sa Pinas na yan . It&#39;s like in the Philippines I&#39;ve seen babies still feeding on their mothers&#39; breast who are about 3 years old.... But again formula in the PI is very expensive and many families would&#39;nt afford it, on the other hand breastmilk is still the best. My little boy stop breastfeeding at 6 months but before he turn 6months the susomilk supply started drying up.

O ano na Geck, siguro by now you are enjoying walking about with your son, specially in the shops as babies tends to just look around if not sleeping.

As for me and my boy it&#39;s quite boring as we all know families here never stay as close like we do also the people around but I must admit that I find people from the north of the country are friendlier than here in the south.

Quoted post

Hi Kentish... my real name is Venus. :) Never... it&#39;s my sister-in-law (she&#39;s from Cebu) who&#39;s still breastfeeding her 2 year-old baby. The baby is actually like a giant on her age because the father is a big man as well. She likes breastfeeding the baby all the time :lol: It&#39;s so funny but it&#39;s very true. Breastfeeding is good for babies but not good to see somebody who&#39;s still breastfeeding her baby on that age of 2. Baby always saying "didi" :unsure: even on public places. It&#39;s too embarrassing I supposed but it&#39;s up to her. She doesn&#39;t seems to bother anyway. Wait until you see the baby... she looks like 3-year old on her age. :rolleyes:

She even grabbed my new baby (when I just came home from the hospital days after I just had the baby) from me & started feeding my baby on her bust&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; No wonder my baby&#39;s suffering from griping pain that night (of course his stomach can&#39;t digest full cream-milk yet) because he&#39;s only just a new baby & she was trying to give him full cream milk. He screamed like mad. It&#39;s terrible&#33; His stomach can&#39;t cope with full cream milk yet at that time, so how the name of God she had done to my baby. I just can&#39;t believed myself as well that I was so, so stupid that night to let her grabbed my baby & fed him.

She thought she had the best milk in town... don&#39;t be surprised why she&#39;s still breastfeeding her baby until now. My husband says to her one time "cover it blah&#33; blah&#33; it might gone cold"<---- pertaining to her breast. Serious to find out why?...because she just let her breast (even her thingy) seen by my husband... no cover or anything.

Men like looking on that you know&#33; :blink: Yes.. people are more friendly here in the North than in the South.. peace&#33; ;) My husband&#39;s mother is Irish, they&#39;re very close to each other... they have good manners & great personality. B)

gecko_pikachu
27th October 2005, 23:03
Originally posted by deepete@Oct 27 2005, 01:11 PM
*I can&#39;t stand that though&#33; I&#39;ll be on fit if I were you&#33;*

Hey Venus, can you translate that for me

What`s with the signature, is it your company?

Peter

Quoted post

I can&#39;t stand people following me all the time.. just like your experienced. I&#39;ll be on epileptic fit if I were you.

Yes we&#39;re working from home with that company. Sorry to admin... :(