PDA

View Full Version : visa visa visa

mendoza82
1st November 2012, 14:47
hi guys how are u all??i just got married last oct 18 in my hometown in cebu,with my husband now for 3 amazing weeks..the sad part was when he go back to uk..sad but looking forward to be with him again soon..our next plan now is to apply a spouse visa,i have his work contract his p60 of 2012 2011,his latest income was 18,625.80 he said this year is higher since he got increase,should we wait for the p60 of 2013?how much to pay for the spouse visa?he is living alone renting a flat for few years now,pay all the bills,we dont have savings in his acct,do u think guys we can make this?or need to struggle more?thanks in advance..god bless us all!`

Terpe
1st November 2012, 15:39
As a first step to understanding the visa application requirements you should review this thread
All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39740-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Spouse-Partner-Visa)

You should find the answers and links to most of your concerns.

If your husband can reach the £18600 pa income threshold and has adequate accomodation then averything else should hopefully fall into place OK

P60's are always a question. Technically the P60 issued in April/May of 2012 is already out of date as it is a statement of earnings during the period April 2011 - April 2012

The financial requirements stipulate 6 months payslips and corresponding 6 months bank statements immediately prior to submission of the visa application.

If you review the thread linked above you will see that in principle savings are not counted unless under special circumstances, and then only thos amounts above £16000

The UKBA fees can be found here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/fees-2012.pdf)

The Visa for Spouse is currently £826 (this is P57820 based on current British Embassy exchange of £1 = P70)

mendoza82
2nd November 2012, 13:00
thanks for that info terpe..

Terpe
2nd November 2012, 13:57
You're welcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Be sure to share the information with your husband as almost all of the support and documentary evidence needs to come from his side and may take
quite some time to gather together.

The soonest he can be informed the better.

mendoza82
3rd November 2012, 07:26
yes i did i told him about this informative and helpful forum,i told him to sign up here..thank u terpe..

McGregor03
4th January 2013, 01:42
As a first step to understanding the visa application requirements you should review this thread
All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39740-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Spouse-Partner-Visa)

If your husband can reach the £18600 pa income threshold and has adequate accomodation then averything else should hopefully fall into place OK

P60's are always a question. Technically the P60 issued in April/May of 2012 is already out of date as it is a statement of earnings during the period April 2011 - April 2012

The financial requirements stipulate 6 months payslips and corresponding 6 months bank statements immediately prior to submission of the visa application.

If you review the thread linked above you will see that in principle savings are not counted unless under special circumstances, and then only thos amounts above £16000

The UKBA fees can be found here (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/fees-2012.pdf)

The Visa for Spouse is currently £826 (this is P57820 based on current British Embassy exchange of £1 = P70)

I would like to ask what are the basic requirements if u will process for a fiance visa? My man and I are together for 2 years and 3mons.now,he's been here in the phils to visit me 3 times. And we're planning to get an agency in cebu. We're both nervous about the processing and we just wanna make sure that we're doing the right things. His annual salary is around 24,000 pounds,he's renting a flat and paying his own bills,he got a car too. I would just love to know,what are the basic requirements we need to have before the application?

Terpe
4th January 2013, 21:53
I would like to ask what are the basic requirements if u will process for a fiance visa? My man and I are together for 2 years and 3mons.now,he's been here in the phils to visit me 3 times. And we're planning to get an agency in cebu. We're both nervous about the processing and we just wanna make sure that we're doing the right things. His annual salary is around 24,000 pounds,he's renting a flat and paying his own bills,he got a car too. I would just love to know,what are the basic requirements we need to have before the application?

I think I gave some comments in your other post. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Follow the links given.
All the info you need is there

McGregor03
5th January 2013, 12:10
I know terpe:icon_sorry: I posted this first coz I dunno how to post a thread trying to be familiar how to work on this site :D I've read ur comments and thank u :)

angelangeline
1st February 2013, 19:08
Hi! Regarding the financial requirement of atleast GBP18,600, my fiance has a gross pay of atleast GBP34,000 but the thing is, his outgoings sums up to GBP27,000 and left with GBP7,000 net pay. Will that affect our application when it comes to financial stuff? His parents will be paying for the wedding and will hand out bank statements as like third party funding. We pretty much got everything its just his financial status we are unsure of. :(

angelangeline
1st February 2013, 19:19

Hi! Regarding the financial requirement of atleast GBP18,600, my fiance has a gross pay of atleast GBP34,000 but the thing is, his outgoings sums up to GBP27,000 and left with GBP7,000 net pay. Will that affect our application when it comes to financial stuff? His parents will be paying for the wedding and will hand out bank statements as like third party funding. We pretty much got everything its just his financial status we are unsure of. :(

Arthur Little
1st February 2013, 19:24

Hi, Angeline ... firstly: :welcomex: to the online filipino/uk community.

Secondly: :sorry-2: ... w.ef. last July, third party support unfortunately no longer counts.

Isn't there some way your fiance can possibly trim-down his annual spending in order to qualify under the new rules? :Erm:

Terpe
1st February 2013, 21:55

The financial requirements are ONLY concerning gross income. It make no difference what are the outgoings.

Even the income is £18,600 and the outgoings are £20,000 it will make no difference. UKBA do NOT ask for outgoings.

Outgoings are only interesting for self employed.

Savings are of no significance whatsoever unless they exceed £16,000 and will be used to support any shortfall in income

Did you review the links I provided?????????????? and the links within the UKBA website?????

Has your Fiance reviewed those too and also the application forms. The huge majority of inputs is from the sponsor
This is extremely important. You BOTH must understand exactly what is required and what must be submitted.

Sorry to sound so strong but please help us to help you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

angelangeline
2nd February 2013, 09:37
Hi, Angeline ... firstly: :welcomex: to the online filipino/uk community.

Secondly: :sorry-2: ... w.ef. last July, third party support unfortunately no longer counts.

Isn't there some way your fiance can possibly trim-down his annual spending in order to qualify under the new rules? :Erm:

I don't think we could trim that down. My fiance falls on the category of self-employed/sole trader. His gross income is good. He got a healthy bank account and stuff but I think we'll be crushed when it comes to outgoings and net pay. :(

Do you think there are other docs that we could provide to support his financial requirement? Many thanks! :)

angelangeline
2nd February 2013, 09:49
The financial requirements are ONLY concerning gross income. It make no difference what are the outgoings.

Even the income is £18,600 and the outgoings are £20,000 it will make no difference. UKBA do NOT ask for outgoings.

Outgoings are only interesting for self employed.

Savings are of no significance whatsoever unless they exceed £16,000 and will be used to support any shortfall in income

Did you review the links I provided?????????????? and the links within the UKBA website?????

Has your Fiance reviewed those too and also the application forms. The huge majority of inputs is from the sponsor
This is extremely important. You BOTH must understand exactly what is required and what must be submitted.

Sorry to sound so strong but please help us to help you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Sir!

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Sorry I wasn't able to provide much details regarding my fiance's finance stuffs. He actually falls on the self-employed/sole trader category. Since third party is not allowed anymore, I think we'll be crushed when it comes to our financial requirement. Bank statements will show where his money's going.

He's living with his parents and they are ok with it if we will live there so rent is not really a problem. Parents are going to pay for our wedding. I'm really glad they are very supportive of us.

Would there be other documents that we can provide to support his financial requirement? I know third party funding is not allowed anymore but still we will include it just in case.

Thanks again!

Terpe
2nd February 2013, 13:44
Given that your fiance is self-employed his compliance with the financial requirement will be based solely on his taxable income

Taxable income for self-employed is revenue minus business expenses.
If the business accounts show that the person is being taxed on an amount less than £18600 then the application will fall for refusal.

Many self-employed include as many 'business expenses structures' and 'tax-breaks' as possible so that taxable income is low.
So you can see, for visa application purposes your fiance needs to reduce 'business expenses structures' and 'tax-breaks' to push up the taxable income to £18600 or more.

Third party financial support is not allowed and will not be counted.

Be very carefull how you both move forward. Unless that £18,600 income level can be achieved through employment, savings above £16,000 or other non-earned income either individually or combined, then the application will fall for refusal and the application fee will be lost.

Good luck

angelangeline
2nd February 2013, 14:31
Given that your fiance is self-employed his compliance with the financial requirement will be based solely on his taxable income

Taxable income for self-employed is revenue minus business expenses.
If the business accounts show that the person is being taxed on an amount less than £18600 then the application will fall for refusal.

Many self-employed include as many 'business expenses structures' and 'tax-breaks' as possible so that taxable income is low.
So you can see, for visa application purposes your fiance needs to reduce 'business expenses structures' and 'tax-breaks' to push up the taxable income to £18600 or more.

Third party financial support is not allowed and will not be counted.

Be very carefull how you both move forward. Unless that £18,600 income level can be achieved through employment, savings above £16,000 or other non-earned income either individually or combined, then the application will fall for refusal and the application fee will be lost.

Good luck

Wow that's a big ouch. Well maybe this is not the right time for us to apply. Thanks though! You've been really helpful!

Terpe
2nd February 2013, 14:56
Whoops! Sorry if it was a big ouch.
It's just that UKBA are very strict on Financials. There is no flexiblity or discretion allowed at all by ECO's or their ECA's