PDA

View Full Version : Looking for job in UK....

LadyJ
8th August 2007, 12:52
as a Domestic Worker ????

This section explains how you can apply to come to the United Kingdom to work as a domestic worker in a private household.

The domestic worker category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when he/she visits or moves to the United Kingdom. To qualify as a domestic worker you must be an established member of the employer's staff. You will only be given permission to stay in the United Kingdom for a fixed period of time, at the end of this period you will need to either return home or apply to extend your stay.

The domestic workers category can be a short or long-term immigration category. We will only extend your visa if you are still employed as a domestic worker when your old visa expires. You will be allowed to change employers while you are in the United Kingdom, however, you must still be employed as a domestic worker. If you change employers you must notify us, you will not be allowed to change into a different type of employment. Once you have been in the United Kingdom for five years a domestic worker you are entitled to apply to stay permanently.

more details http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721068341

walesrob
8th August 2007, 13:08
Thanks Lady J, and also can I just point out to anyone thinking of coming to work in the UK, you are not allowed to work in the UK unless you have a valid work permit, or you have a visa which allows you to work (i.e. spouse visa, ILR, etc). The mods will delete any posts that are not appropriate.

joebloggs
8th August 2007, 13:33
or unless you qualify under the HSMP - Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, a points based system, where you don't need a job offer to come to the UK, unlike a work permit..

AJRobertson23
20th November 2007, 12:48
Employers and agencies for that matter get fined for hiring/recruiting foreigners with no valid work permit. This work permit is a prerequisite in looking for a job.

LadyJ
17th January 2008, 11:36
Do I Need A UK Visa?

Click the link below

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149962

The answer from this questionnaire will tell you:
-if you need a visa or entry clearance
-which application form you need to fill in
-which guidance note you should read
-where you should make your application

joebloggs
17th January 2008, 14:32
and do you need a workpermit and points :Erm:

http://www.tier12345.co.uk/

kimmi
17th January 2008, 14:38
thanks lady and Joe for the helpful links..he he he:)

naome
15th April 2008, 01:35
I am new to this site...We couple want to work in UK but we dont have any idea on our first application...:)

Le'em
27th June 2008, 07:52
where are u now ms naome?are u both in here in uk

KeithD
23rd September 2009, 11:12
..... i bought my filipina maid ....
Still believes in slavery :doh :NoNo: :action-smiley-081:

saving_grace127
1st August 2011, 15:54
hi there! is there anyone who needs a pharmacyassistant?

Steve.r
1st August 2011, 16:16
Hi Grace,
I don't think it is that no one will be needing a Pharmacy Assistant, but here in the Uk the government has introduced policies that restrict workers from non-european union countries. Therefore, with any job preference is given to Uk nationals or europeans first. There is such an influx of cheap labour from places like Poland these days, that you will not get a look in. :NoNo:

grahamw48
1st August 2011, 19:09

You need to come here on a Spouse visa, then you can work when and wherever you want. :)

Steve.r
1st August 2011, 21:06
You need to come here on a Spouse visa, then you can work when and wherever you want. :)

Now there's an offer Grace ;)

grahamw48
1st August 2011, 21:18
The young lady is 'in a relationship'. :ReadIt:

Steve.r
1st August 2011, 21:35
The young lady is 'in a relationship'. :ReadIt: Doh!! :doh

saving_grace127
2nd August 2011, 09:03
:icon_lol: oh i see...:NoNo: theres really no way i can work there. its my big dream to work there.. i wish somebody will hire me even as a private nurse... :Wave: but im still not losing hope... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
2nd August 2011, 11:36
that is the problem the big dream... many bad people out there who prey on that dream to cheat already poor filipinas out of their life savings. Then when you get here you end up paying back the loans they arrange for you for your flights etc and you make no more money than back home whilst earning minimum wage 12 hours a day 60 hours a week. THE UK can be a nightmare come true not a dream come true for some unfortunate Fiilipinos.

grahamw48
2nd August 2011, 12:16
This is true, and basically the employer...if there is one, is buying a slave. :NoNo:

I would think that this sort of situation would come under 'people trafficking', except of course for rich and influential foreigners and diplomats who bring their 'slaves' here with them, and seem to get away with it. :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
2nd August 2011, 13:43
THE UK can be a nightmare come true not a dream come true for some unfortunate Fiilipinos.

Just so ... I know of one Filipino - a Commerce graduate back home - who came here to join his wife (she had come over as part of a Recruitment Drive for nurses about 3 years previously). Poor guy ended up washing dishes in a local restaurant! :doh

saving_grace127
2nd August 2011, 15:35
ahm... ok i see ur insights guys, whew! dat was such a heavy thing,i should be prepare for d ugly part of my dreams hehe =>

Liwanag13
13th August 2011, 14:17
Still keep dreaming, it also gives us more positive outlook in life:Jump:

saving_grace127
9th September 2011, 09:44
hi there guys! been gone for a long time... how are you guys! hope you all are okey and in good health... been chatting sir steve a weeks ago.. and i heard He is coming here in the Phils... welcome back to the philippines sir steve

saving_grace127
9th September 2011, 09:46
and liwanag, yes youre right... i absolutely agree to that!:xxgrinning--00xx3: but i also believe that in dreaming you should also know when to stop reaching for it coz maybe God has a better plans than what you are planning for yourself...:Hellooo:

Henzhel
14th November 2012, 21:28
Gosh. Its hard to find a first new job in Sunderland.

stevie c
14th November 2012, 21:38
Gosh. Its hard to find a first new job in Sunderland.

Not just in Sunderland but all over the uk I'm Afraid:doh

Michael Parnham
5th December 2012, 13:47
My Maritess has applied for many jobs in our area since June this year, only had two interviews, one care home has seen her twice and have done a criminal record check and contacted two referees, also they told her she's got a job with them when a vacancy arises, but after checking with them two or three times since July no vacancy just yet, is this normal? With regard to referees, we have a neighbor and my wifes teacher at her university in Dumaguete the latter not very reliable because her cellphone number keeps changing and she takes a long time to reply to potentiol employers email requests. At the moment we cant find anyone locally to act as a referee because we don't really know anyone yet in the UK.

joebloggs
5th December 2012, 14:21
we had the same trouble with my misses when she applied for a job with the NHS, we used 2 people from the phils, a proffessor and a Dean of a Uni

i wonder what happen to LadyJ :hubbahubba:, where are you :cwm24:

Michael Parnham
5th December 2012, 14:31
Did she manage to get a job in the end, if so how long did it take her to find a job Joe?

joebloggs
5th December 2012, 14:34
oh, yes CRB checks many of those, its getting your foot on the ladder, once there, it was never a problem getting other refs after her first job.

around 6 months i think til she got her first job, but she was also studying, never been out of work in more than 7yrs.

Michael Parnham
5th December 2012, 14:57
Thanks for that Joe, hope something happens soon, cos she's dying to start work!

joebloggs
5th December 2012, 18:52
i'm sure it will not be much longer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
19th January 2013, 12:20
Can someone help please?, My Maritess has recieved a job confirmation this morning from the local authority with a couple of conditions, and the one that is difficult for us is, how do we prove that she is able to work in the UK because her spouse 'visa' only state's 'No Recourse To Public Funds' there's nothing that says she can work. I remember seeing something on the UKBA website that said if the 'visa' only shows 'No Recourse To Public Funds' that you can work, but I cant find it, can anyone help me find it please?

grahamw48
19th January 2013, 12:24
Yes, if someone can find, just print it out. :smile:

Do they have a search facility on the website ?....or maybe try to google your question. Might be a link there.

Terpe
19th January 2013, 12:34
The UK Border Agency Sponsorship and Employers’ Helpline (tel: 0300 123 4699) is available to answer any general enquiries on preventing illegal working in the UK.
It is open 9am–5pm, Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays.
The Employer Checking Service currently allows you to check if a particular person is allowed to work where they have an outstanding application or appeal with the UK Border Agency.

Take a look here at Help with checking your migrant workers' eligibility
(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/business-sponsors/preventing-illegal-working/support/)

joebloggs
19th January 2013, 12:49
the fact that's shes married to a British Citizen means she has a right to work, they might want to see her marriage cert and your passport, i had to in fact take my passport and talk to the woman in HR at the local hospital when my misses was first offered a job :icon_lol:

gwapogwapa
22nd November 2013, 11:56
what if my friend wants to have a domestic worker and she wants to get one from the philippines? what is the process? does the person needs to be an old domestic worker of the british citizen? or could a british citizen hire a new domestic worker in the philippines ? my friend who is a british citizen wants to get a domestic worker from the philippines. she will be responsible for the ticket and for the visa fees.

anyone pls.

pls answer my questions tnx

Michael Parnham
22nd November 2013, 12:11
Welcome to the forum Gwapogwapa, we don't have domestic workers in UK, unless your stinking rich. We do our own chores to make sure it's done properly!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd November 2013, 16:05
what if my friend wants to have a domestic worker and she wants to get one from the philippines? what is the process? does the person needs to be an old domestic worker of the british citizen? or could a british citizen hire a new domestic worker in the philippines ? my friend who is a british citizen wants to get a domestic worker from the philippines. she will be responsible for the ticket and for the visa fees.

anyone pls.

pls answer my questions tnx

Unfortunately your friend will be unable to do that.
There are a significant number of regulations involved. Far too many to give details on.
Here are the key ones, please review:-

1. Domestic workers in private households (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/othercategories/domesticworkers/)

2. Sponsoring migrant workers under the points-based system (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/business-sponsors/points/)