PDA

View Full Version : Immigration issues.. Pls help..

carmela0317
27th October 2012, 04:35
I have some concerns about immigration thing.. I will be flying next month towards Vienna.. I have some few questions regarding immigration.. I have called them up last month for the requirements that they need for me to be able to pass the immigration. They just told me i just need an affidavit of support and invitation letter which was authenticated in Philippine embassy in Vienna.. I had the documents now.. As i scan the documents i noticed that the invitation letter isn't attached with the affidavit of support which has a sealed of red ribbon.. I have asked my partner then he told me the Philippine embassy in Vienna told him that the affidavit of support is enough.. He don't need to authenticate the invitation letter.. And last night i have exchange few mails with my friend who has a friend in Swiss.. His friend just flew last June and his friend told him to authenticate his invitation letter since that was the reason why she wasn't permitted to board.. she got offloaded since her invitation letter wasn't being authenticated.. And i have asked my partner but he told me the Philippine embassy in Vienna told him the affidavit of support and consent is enough.. Do you have any experience about this issue? And how does authenticated invitation letter looks like? :-(

Terpe
27th October 2012, 18:36
Do you have a Schenghen Visa from the Austrian Embassy?

I suggest that if Philippine immigration has stated they require an authenticated letter of invitation then you'd better have your partner get one.
If the Philippine Embassy in Vienna say it's not needed they should put that in writing to present to immigration.

Have you contacted the Austrian Embassy in Manila?

carmela0317
28th October 2012, 02:30
Do you have a Schenghen Visa from the Austrian Embassy?

I suggest that if Philippine immigration has stated they require an authenticated letter of invitation then you'd better have your partner get one.
If the Philippine Embassy in Vienna say it's not needed they should put that in writing to present to immigration.

Have you contacted the Austrian Embassy in Manila?

Yes Sir, i had a Schengen Visa from the Austrian Embassy.. I have already the affidavit of support and consent from the philippine embassy in vienna and my husband told me that the affidavit of support is like an invitation since the content of it also says that he is inviting me to austria, his address, my address and he will shoulder all the expenses from house and everything.. No sir, i haven't contacted the austrian embassy in manila after i got my visum.. The last thing i have in mind is call again the immigration on monday and asked if do i need to have my invitation authenticated..