PDA

View Full Version : legoland discovery centre, Manchester

rusty
23rd October 2012, 15:41
Has anyone been there, is it a good day out?

Thinking of taking the kids down there in half term next week and wanted to know if its worth the money. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
23rd October 2012, 16:28
Is that the one in the Trafford Centre? Yes it is.

http://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.co.uk/manchester/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=lego%20discovery%20centre&utm_campaign=Brand&gclid=CO3Tg_-6l7MCFcrItAodOCoA5Q

I was in the shop with my son a couple of years ago. We didn't actually go in to the exhibition. It looked interesting but can't say for sure. It didn't look as if it was a full days worth. Great place to shop though, the Trafford Centre, as a whole. Also there is a great indoor ski run there for family, aswell as adults, called the Chill Factor.

The Chill Factor is best booked in advance as it is very popular.
http://www.chillfactore.com/

Also Laserquest in the main mall is good.

Dedworth
23rd October 2012, 18:17
Have a look here to buy your tickets 48% discount - it is a Legoland booking line

http://www.kidstart.co.uk/partner/LEGOLANDDiscoveryCentreManchester.aspx

rusty
23rd October 2012, 20:44
It says on the website that a typical visit takes 2-3 hours, so good that there are other things to do while we are there.

Premier inn are doing a deal that costs £99 for a nights stay for a family of 4 plus breakfast at Trafford centre west and entry to the discovery centre. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
23rd October 2012, 22:09
It says on the website that a typical visit takes 2-3 hours, so good that there are other things to do while we are there.

Premier inn are doing a deal that costs £99 for a nights stay for a family of 4 plus breakfast at Trafford Centre west and entry to the discovery centre. :xxgrinning--00xx3:Yes, there is more than one Premier Inn very close by.

( BTW I used to live a 10 minute drive away. My son still does )

I have stayed at the Trafford Centre West twice. Very nice. :xxgrinning--00xx3: The Lego Centre place is a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive away.

The Chill Factor is next door to Trafford Centre West..

rusty
24th October 2012, 07:00
We are looking for an indoor activity to take the kids in half term, not been to Manchester before, so thought it would be a good place to go visit. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
24th October 2012, 07:22
You wont be stuck for things to do there. There is a huge cinema complex and ten pin bowling amongst other things and a huge range of places to eat.

joebloggs
24th October 2012, 07:39
You wont be stuck for things to do there. There is a huge cinema complex and ten pin bowling amongst other things and a huge range of places to eat.

also a video arcade with bumper cars. never been to Lego land, looked at the prices and thought :NoNo:, normally we take the kids to Gulliver world in Warrington, it could do with a lick of paint, its aimed at kids, and you normally dont have to queue long - but the kids always have a great time, but i dont think they are open this time of year :icon_lol:

rusty
24th October 2012, 07:49
normally we take the kids to Gulliver world in Warrington

It looks like it will still be open at half term but maybe not so good this time of year as its outside. Will give it a try next year, thanks for the tip. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th October 2012, 07:58
It looks like it will still be open at half term but maybe not so good this time of year as its outside. Will give it a try next year, thanks for the tip. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how old are your kids Rusty ? its' the only place we've been many times to, its less than £60 for a family of 4 (i think !) .

no yobs and not many teenagers, i think u can only get in, if you've a child with you ..
but our kids are from 5yrs to 12yrs old and always had a goodtime :biggrin:

rusty
24th October 2012, 08:35
how old are your kids Rusty ?

4 and 9, so it sounds ideal for them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
24th October 2012, 09:28
also a video arcade with bumper cars. never been to Lego land, looked at the prices and thought :NoNo:, normally we take the kids to Gulliver world in Warrington, it could do with a lick of paint, its aimed at kids, and you normally dont have to queue long - but the kids always have a great time, but i dont think they are open this time of year :icon_lol:

Yes. Gullivers Kingdom is good. Getting a bit close to Liverpool though, Joe. :biggrin:

lastlid
24th October 2012, 09:29
Also, worth a trip, Rusty, is the Manchester United Stadium. :biggrin:

joebloggs
24th October 2012, 11:02
Yes. Gullivers Kingdom is good. Getting a bit close to Liverpool though, Joe. :biggrin:

thats as close as i get to lillipud :doh
go in the summer rusty, earlier the better and bring a change of clothes for the kids there some water play areas and rides where they might get wet a bit...
seeing you could be there all day its good value, as sea world is more expensive and you've seen it all in a hour or so :bigcry:

didnt go this year, but we go a few times a year, the little train that takes you around guilivers is good as you get to see all the different bits.

rusty
24th October 2012, 12:51
Having spent most of my life in the south east and East Anglia, I moved up to Newcastle a couple of years ago, so am starting to explore life "up north" and the places where I can take the kids. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
24th October 2012, 14:56
Theres a great place for kids at the Science and Industry Museum in Manchester : Experitots and Experiment (next door to where they film Corrie). Also, try Eureka in Halifax.

http://www.eureka.org.uk/

http://www.mosi.org.uk/whats-on/experiment.aspx

http://www.mosi.org.uk/whats-on/experitots.aspx

rusty
25th October 2012, 12:48
Also, try Eureka in Halifax.

Thanks, that was the place I was trying to think of the other day.

Maybe another time there, my wife seems very keen to go to the Trafford Centre, not sure why....:icon_lol:

rusty
25th October 2012, 12:51
Hotel is booked, going down next Thursday night and will visit the discovery centre on the Friday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th October 2012, 13:18
Hotel is booked, going down next Thursday night and will visit the discovery centre on the Friday. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you would only be a couple of mins from where i live :yikes:, have a great time Rusty :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
25th October 2012, 22:59
legoland?? ..a bit expensive but who cares ?? the kids love it!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
26th October 2012, 07:51
you would only be a couple of mins from where i live :yikes:, have a great time Rusty :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you fancy a drink your more than welcome to pop along to the hotel bar and I will buy you a pint. :66:

stevewool
26th October 2012, 08:04
a trip to Whitby, all that fresh air and its free other then the fish and chips icecreams and all that stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
26th October 2012, 09:22
a trip to Whitby, all that fresh air and its free other then the fish and chips icecreams and all that stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Much better than damp, grimy crime ridden Manchester which is a place to be avoided :biggrin:

joebloggs
26th October 2012, 10:56
If you fancy a drink your more than welcome to pop along to the hotel bar and I will buy you a pint. :66:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: i'll be working in the day time :cwm24: and worse looking after the kids in the evening :cwm3: my misses is working 4pm til 2am for the next few weeks :yikes::NEW5:

maybe i'll see you at gulivers world one day :biggrin:

thanks for the offer thou Rusty :icon_sorry::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
26th October 2012, 11:00
Much better than damp, grimy crime ridden Manchester which is a place to be avoided :biggrin:

we need people like you dedworth to brighten the place up :smileybigtmouth::REDancedancer08: what a ray of :sunshine: you are :biggrin:

Dedworth
26th October 2012, 11:12
we need people like you dedworth to brighten the place up :smileybigtmouth::REDancedancer08: what a ray of :sunshine: you are :biggrin:

I did my bit for Manchester in post#3 Joe highlighting the cheap Lego tickets :wink:

joebloggs
26th October 2012, 13:08
I did my bit for Manchester in post#3 Joe highlighting the cheap Lego tickets :wink:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: