PDA

View Full Version : PAL to start flying Manila to Toronto November 30

Terpe
21st October 2012, 12:41
Just as the Christmas Season starts to peak on November 30, local carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) will start flying Manila to Toronto, Canada’s largest city.

PAL said it will fly four times weekly from Manila to Vancouver alternating with three-times-weekly non-stop flights from Manila to Toronto.

On the return journey, PAL will fly from Vancouver to Manila four times weekly and from Toronto to Manila three times weekly.

Toronto will become PAL’s 27th international destination and 46th overall.

Canada is home to some 667,674 Filipinos, based on the 2010 Stock Estimate of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas.

PAL will field for the 17-hour, non-stop flight to Toronto its brand-new, long-range flagship, the Boeing 777-300ER, which seats:
• 42 in Mabuhay Class (business), and
• 328 in Fiesta Class (economy).

The wide-body jet of the the Boeing 777-300ER is especially designed for ultra-long-haul, intercontinental journeys.

Its two GE 90-115BL engines – the largest and most powerful ever built – can readily cover the 13,230 kilometers between the two cities non-stop.

“This is an opportune time for PAL to expand and re-establish links with this dynamic region of North America,” remarked PAL president Ramon S. Ang. “Toronto, with its diverse population, booming economy and status as one of the world’s top financial centers, presents us a major opportunity to develop a new market.”

“This is just the first step in our long-range network expansion that will see PAL fly back to the U.S. East Coast and to Europe,” he added.

Currently, the Toronto service (PR 118) leaves Manila every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday at 3:00 p.m.

The arrival at Terminal 3 of Toronto Pearson International Airport is at 5:00 p.m. on the same days.

The return flight (PR 119) leaves Toronto every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 7:35 p.m., stopping in Vancouver at 9:30 p.m.

The service continues on to Manila at 11:30 p.m. and arrives at Terminal 2 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport at 5:45 a.m. two days later

Source:-
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/279041/pinoyabroad/news/pal-to-start-flying-manila-to-toronto-november-30

andy222
21st October 2012, 13:18
17 hours non stop?

Dedworth
21st October 2012, 14:25
When I was in Las Vegas the other year PAL had flights that went Vegas - Vancouver - Manila. I wonder if they still operate that route

KeithD
22nd October 2012, 08:57
One day I'll do UK-Vegas-Manila-Singapore-UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd October 2012, 10:54
One day I'll do UK-Vegas-Manila-Singapore-UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice idea.

In a previous life I used to do UK-Tokyo-Honolulu-San Francisco-Las Vegas-New York-UK
All done on an 'around-the-world' ticket which wasn't too expensive.
Mind you the company paid. It worked out much cheaper to buy a business class 'around-the-world' than a fist class Tokyo return.

Last time I looked those 'around-the-world' tickets still looked good value.

When I did those trips the only restriction was that you had to keep travelling in a forward direction (geographically that is)

lastlid
22nd October 2012, 15:07
Nice idea.

In a previous life I used to do UK-Tokyo-Honolulu-San Francisco-Las Vegas-New York-UK
All done on an 'around-the-world' ticket which wasn't too expensive.
Mind you the company paid. It worked out much cheaper to buy a business class 'around-the-world' than a fist class Tokyo return.

Last time I looked those 'around-the-world' tickets still looked good value.

When I did those trips the only restriction was that you had to keep travelling in a forward direction (geographically that is)

I remember work colleagues taking advantage of that kind of scheme a good many years ago, paid for by the company in their month off work from Kuwait. As long as they kept travelling either east or west, but not both, then they could stop off a set number of times on the way around the globe. I never did take advantage of that, electing to return home to the now ex wife.

Terpe
23rd October 2012, 09:10
I remember work colleagues taking advantage of that kind of scheme a good many years ago, paid for by the company in their month off work from Kuwait. As long as they kept travelling either east or west, but not both, then they could stop off a set number of times on the way around the globe. I never did take advantage of that, electing to return home to the now ex wife.

My job wasn't conducive to relationships.
When I met my now-wife in Japan I quit that job

DaveW
23rd October 2012, 20:34
$2000 return fare for end of November returning Jan. Not bad considering the time of year

stevewool
24th October 2012, 08:17
17 hours on 1 plane, thats a long long time

Iani
24th October 2012, 09:50
Longest I've ever been on a plane is to Jburg. Just short of 12 hours, way too long. Suppose mind thinking about it, it flies over places you wouldn't really want to stop in, not even just to change flights!

irishman12
2nd November 2012, 22:51
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/10/31/12/ph-aviation-fails-icao-safety-test-anew