PDA

View Full Version : The tale of Alan

Alan
6th August 2007, 20:05
It hit me like a brick!!!!

As soon as I stepped out of the airport in Manila I was looking for the sauna salesman who was giving free samples. I didn't think it was possible for the world to be so hot. I asked a security guard if he knew the temperature - yes sir, it is very hot today - 42 degrees! AND THE REST!!!

I have been in the South of France in 48 degrees - but not like this!

Then I realised - humidity - there was no air to breathe - yet there was.

Back to reality - why am I here?

A few months ago I started talking to a girl on the Internet - on a site throwupingly called 'My Foreign Bride (MFB).'

And now I am here - on the other side of the world - going to meet her!!!

I am a quiet kinda guy really - except when I am at work (a teacher) - but this, for me is ridiculous. How did this come about?

I have had two serious relationships in my life - my first partner sadly died - and my second partner decided, after 16 years, that she would find a 'newer model.' Still - we had two gorgeous children together who are my life!!!

Last year a friend suggested to me that I should find a new partner. I replied that, as I work seven days a week, that would be highly unlikely. He suggested the Internet and I, foolishly, decried this form of 'dating' as only for saddos. So, as soon as got home I tried it!

Weeks later, and with only a reply from Bertha (89) from Cleethorpes - I went back to my Football Manager 2006 and Flight Simulator. Much more fun than Bertha I thought.

Subsequently, my friend, the one with a freshly broken nose, suggested I look further afield on the 'Net. I took his advice and found myself on MFB. I was amazed that, after only 24 hours, I had emails from 48 different ladies!!! My suspicions were aroused...................

Don't miss tomorrow's exciting episode of ' THE TALE OF ALAN'

P.S. Don't have nightmares - sleep tight and God bless.

Al. :)

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 20:36
ahhhhh, keeping us in suspenders?

I'm waiting for the juicy details

all the salacious elements

all the :action-smiley-081: and the :censored: and the -- well, u know . .. how's your dear father today mr allen :D:D

anyway!
I'll let u continue
ahem ahem

LoL

KeithD
6th August 2007, 20:42
I'm waiting for the juicy details

I don't think he'll be going THAT far, and supplying you with THOSE photo's :NoNo:

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 20:44
he promised us SAUCE! LoL

Alan
6th August 2007, 21:04
Yes I did - but that COULD mean HP.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 21:27
i thought it was the "tail" of alan!

ervenescence
6th August 2007, 21:42
It hit me like a brick!!!!

Weeks later, and with only a reply from Bertha (89) from Cleethorpes - I went back to my Football Manager 2006 and Flight Simulator. Much more fun than Bertha I thought.

Bertha from Cleethorpes..hmm interesting. I have a relative whos looking for an old woman to be his sugar mummy, look after him and give him allowance. Lol
By the way, Cleethorpes is just walking distance from Grimsby of where I am at the moment.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 21:44
And the pensioners there are exceptionally frisky!

what flight do i book to go to cleethorpes na?

I got my credit card out! LoL!

me and bertha have some fun to be havin ::D:D

zef
7th August 2007, 00:31
I often visit Cleethorpes, (not to visit Brenda) but to sit on the seafront and eat fabulous fish, chips and mushy peas. I'm hungry now thinking about that :(

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 00:31
and mushy BRENDA

zef
7th August 2007, 00:37
You obviously know her better than I do.

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 01:10
me and brenda have a thing goin on ;)

don't tell my sexy beautiful 20 year old loving, kind and adoring filipna uyab :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

KeithD
7th August 2007, 09:37
You obviously know her better than I do.

:action-smiley-081: :icon_lol:

Alan
7th August 2007, 10:18
What happened to Bertha? And who is Brenda?:Erm:

Alan
7th August 2007, 17:02
...............I was born, on probation, in a small industrial town called Stalybridge. It is the kind of town where one is born, grows up, marries and then dies. Everyone knows everyone! I didn't want that!

My uncle married a girl who lived 10 miles away - the family went into shock!!! 'What's wrong with Stalybridge lasses????'

Passed the 11+ and got into Hyde Grammar School (Thank God Shipman wasn't the school doctor - apologies for bad taste.) Took 13 'O' levels and passed 3 at the first attempt - much to the chagrin of my parents who wanted me to be a doctor like my grandaddy.

What would I say to Hanna when I first met her? Do I kiss her on the cheek? Do I ask her how she is? HELP!!! The last girl I went out with was 16 years ago. Talking on the Internet and in real life are mutually exclusive. I was on the other side of the world and more nervous than when I took my Head Teachers interview.
Then I saw her.............she was even more beautiful than I remember her on cam..........surely she cannot fancy an old git like me!!!!
Like a twit I shook her hand! :Brick:

She HELD my hand - I was totally smitten!!!!!

She had booked the Danarra hotel in Quezon City - had she booked a single room? I half hoped that she had..........surely I could not stay in the same room as such a beautiful lady.

I was soon to find out.......................

More to come.

God bless you all.

Al

aromulus
7th August 2007, 17:10
Yup...........

Read the book. Been there, done it, got the hat, the t-shirt and the marriage certificate.:D

Isn't that bliss...??????:luv4:

Now it is your turn, Al.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best.

Dom

jeffro
7th August 2007, 17:17
Your making me nervous Alan when i fly to Cebu !!! ha!!!,but i truly wish with with all my heart every happiness to you both !!!! Very very inspiring ,thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeithD
7th August 2007, 18:03
Jeffro...just book ALL the hotel rooms to be on the safe side :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
7th August 2007, 18:06
Dom and Jeffro - your kind messages make this site what it is - FANTASTIC!!

Thank you both.

Al

jeffro
7th August 2007, 21:20
Dom and Jeffro - your kind messages make this site what it is - FANTASTIC!!

Thank you both.

Al

:)THANKYOU ALAN!!!,I THINK YOU GIVE US ALL A LOT OF SUNSHINE IN OUR LIVES :),AS DO ALL MEMBERS HERE,:):):)ITS A BEAUTIFUL FORUM !!!!:):BouncyHappy:

Alan
7th August 2007, 21:45
I agree with you totally my friend. :)

zef
7th August 2007, 22:17
I'm really enjoying your story Alan, keep up the good work.

Did this all happen this year? you must of being nervous on your first meeting.

zef
7th August 2007, 22:19
Have not of. I do tha far too often

Alan
7th August 2007, 22:21
Lol Zef!! - You just avoided missing your playtime!! :BouncyHappy:

zef
7th August 2007, 22:25
I forgot teacher was watching :Brick:

Sorry Sir it won't happen again :)

baboyako
7th August 2007, 22:31
http://www.danarra.com/images/room2.jpg

my money is on this one :cwm38:

Alan
7th August 2007, 22:33
baboyako - LOL - watch this space. :BouncyHappy:

aromulus
7th August 2007, 23:05
watch this space. :BouncyHappy:

I am waiting with bated breath....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
8th August 2007, 05:58
Ahh Alan, you made me sit on the edge of this hard chair now...when will the suspense end?

By the way, Manila's been hit by a typhoon and it's pouring outside but needed to cross the road to see my man online and of course to hear from all of you guys..

Shifty-Sidney
8th August 2007, 06:40
Manila has had some rain now - thats good

Shifty-Sidney
8th August 2007, 06:42
Hey Alan, our stories are very similar! - why oh why do we put ourselves through this? - oh yes, cos its fun and different from the norm!!

KeithD
8th August 2007, 08:42
We know how it finishes.......Marriage.....honeymoon in Wales.......Alan meets sheep.....sheep gets preganant......wife leaves......Alan leaves......poor sheep has to bring up lamby on it's own :NoNo:

joebloggs
8th August 2007, 10:43
We know how it finishes.......Marriage.....honeymoon in Wales.......Alan meets sheep.....sheep gets preganant......wife leaves......Alan leaves......poor sheep has to bring up lamby on it's own :NoNo:

with foot and mouth, lamby days might be numbered :cwm24: :bigcry:

Alan
8th August 2007, 10:55
Keith - how the hell did you know??????????????????????

I'd better change the story to fiction now!!!!! :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
8th August 2007, 10:57
Thanks to you all for your comments so far. :)

Next bit in a few hours time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
8th August 2007, 12:13
We can't wait that long:doh:doh:doh:23_111_9[1]:

walesrob
8th August 2007, 13:19
with foot and mouth, lamby days might be numbered :cwm24: :bigcry:

Thats baaaaaad :NoNo:

Alan
8th August 2007, 15:31
Went into the 6th form - 6R - affectionately called 6 Rejects. Anyway, decided to do a bit of work for a change and managed to pass 9 of the 10 I had failed the first time. (Dad 'ungrounded' me - after 3 months!!! - Yet I still love him - there's nowt so funny as folk!)

Took 5 A levels - with 4 As and a B. Amazing what you can do when you do a bit of reading - sadly though - no sciences (apart from Maths and Physics) so could not train in medicine! :cwm34:

Dad grounded me again - I STILL loved him. :Erm:

Got my first job - thought I'd take a year out before Uni. Dad had to 'unground' me again so's I could go to work. Why the hell do I love him?

I do not think that anyone had EVER shaken my hand so warmly!!!
It was Hanna's cousin - Adie - who had driven Hanna to the airport and who was now driving us back to the hotel. He was SOOO kind and friendly - I looked at Hanna - she smiled at me. I still did not know what to say or do - bloody hell Al - you're a big boy now!!! I felt like a scared little kid!

She HELD my hand in the back of Adie's car - I squeezed hers and she smiled. I had 'made a move' and she had smiled - I felt better.:)

What's that? - It's a Jeepney she replied. What's a Jeepney? - It's a kind of bus. Hmmm - people don't hang from every part of a bus in Oxford!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Next, four people - two adults and two children - on a MOTOR BIKE!!!! No crash helmets. We were, by now, in the inevitable queue of Manila traffic!!!
Children walking in between the traffic selling water and fags and cloths - I think they were cloths.

I then noticed that I was dripping with sweat - even though Adie had the aircon on. Hanna reached into her bag and towelled me down. She performed this action and then KISSED my cheek!!!!

Little boy time again - what was happening to me?

We arrived at the hotel - a porter grabbed our bags before I knew it. The hotel lobbies were stark and not very clean - and dark - The Bates Motel - what was the shower room like?

Dropped the cases - had a beer - 24 pesos - 24 PESOS for a San Miguel?????? Multiply that by 10 for a bottle in England. I had 3!!!!!

The room had a double bed!!

Hanna went to her sister in law's house to 'get her things'

She arrived back - where are you staying Hanna? - Here, with you if that's all right...........................

:omg:

KeithD
8th August 2007, 15:41
Here, with you if that's all right...........................

Fine with me....are you sending a taxi to pick me up?!?!? :omg:

Alan
8th August 2007, 15:43
LOL :):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
8th August 2007, 22:36
Tom - wherever you are - next episode will start to 'heat up!'

aromulus
8th August 2007, 22:54
Tom - wherever you are - next episode will start to 'heat up!'

For crying out loud......... Don't wake him up...!!!!!!!!!!!:NoNo:

He is on a quest to overtake Keith on posts.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Two days without a word from him........ Bliss...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th August 2007, 23:12

well where have you been number 1 chelsea fan ? :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
oh beaten again by man utd :D, :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i'm sure when your wife is in the uk your'll be gone to :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

joking , we need chelsea supporters to :icon_lol: at... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
8th August 2007, 23:54

well where have you been number 1 chelsea fan ? :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
oh beaten again by man utd :D, :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

i'm sure when your wife is in the uk your'll be gone to :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

joking , we need chelsea supporters to :icon_lol: at... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wrong thread................:rolleyes:

Typical Manc.. never get things right...:NoNo:

But while on the subject.........

Nice goal keeping, I must admit... As for the rest......... We will see at the end of the season...

Even the scousers will end up above UTD.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
9th August 2007, 00:22

nastiness

aromulus
9th August 2007, 07:43
nastiness

Not a single nasty bone in my body.

KeithD
9th August 2007, 09:29
Not a single nasty bone in my body.

Of course not....you took them nasty ones out.....now you're doing an impression of The Blob :cwm24:

joebloggs
9th August 2007, 10:58

your wrong don, not the wrong post, was asking where had you been, not a word from you for a few days BLISS :D

gracia143
9th August 2007, 16:45
Manila has had some rain now - thats good

Some streets were flooded...rain has stopped mid-day today.

By the way, where's the episode of Alan's tale? Been waiting for it.

gracia143
9th August 2007, 16:46
Ooooppssssss sorry, next episode meant to say.

Alan
9th August 2007, 17:25
It will be here in a couple of hours. Been awfully busy today playing golf - you know how it is. Plus, my son beat me!!!!!!!:bigcry::furious3:

Now taking solace with a glass of Scotch - and shortly making stir fry chicken for dinner.

Then I shall pen (sheer poetry! :))

It's absolutely amazing to know that people are actually reading my blog! This site has been a wonderful find for me - all of a sudden I feel I have made loads of new friends.

God bless you all.

Al:)

KeithD
9th August 2007, 17:30
....all of a sudden I feel I have made loads of new friends.

You can have another one as soon I reveive your cheque :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
9th August 2007, 17:34
LOL - encore une fois Keith. :)

aromulus
9th August 2007, 19:57
your wrong don, not the wrong post, was asking where had you been, not a word from you for a few days BLISS :D

Lurking, reading posts...Cogitating...

Re-decorating the flat, laying new carpets, painting doors and frames, drinking bucketfuls of espresso to keep awake so i can chat with "her indoors" at silly o'clock in the morning...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hoping that by the time she gets here in 2021 the place might look half decent.

And every now and then I unleash my two pence worth of advice on the forum...

Alan
9th August 2007, 20:53
Yes - 48 replies in 24 hours - and not a sign of Bertha from Cleethorpes!!!

The ladies who 'expressed interest' were aged between 18 (18? - Even I thought that was 'out of the decency' stakes) and 61. They came from all over the world - Brazil - Mexico - California - West Africa - Vietnam - Thailand - China - Russia - Philippines.

My suspicions were definitely aroused now. Why should all these beautiful (mostly) young ladies want to know me?

I very soon found out!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually replied to all 48 who had expressed interest - and within another couple of days - 22 of them had asked for money. :omg:

My sister's daughter's uncle's mum's milkman needs to go into hospital for a life saving operation - and if he does not get 10,000 pesos - he will surely die.

I need 500 dollars for my graduation and then I will fly over and give it back to you.

Am I sounding familiar to some of you lads out there?

I whittled them down and put these ladies into 3 categories.

1. Scammers - I believe that is the word for them. (Incidentally - some even took clothes off on cam!!! Didn't know where to look!!! (well, I did!))
2. Genuine girls/ladies who just wanted to be friends and chat.
3. Hanna.

Cupid has not fired his arrow at me with so much meaning for a long time.

She was a cashier in a restaurant - I have a bachelor's degree and a Master's degree. One of my 'friends' said to me that I needed to find someone on the same intellectual level as I. I replied 'B******s!

Am I right or am I wrong folks - tell me your opinions?

Some people never say the words
'I love you'
It's not their style
To be so bold.

Some people never say the words
'I love you'
But, like a child
I'm longing to be told.

Paul Simon.

In the hotel we had an ante room. A dining room with a settee. Then there was the bedroom.
I was totally smitten - she was SO beautiful.
I suggested she had the bed - I would stay in the ante room.
Tomorrow we would talk.

I told her - as I had before - that I loved her.
She told me the same - I cannot remember ever being so happy - except when my children were born. But, this was different.
We both walked into the bedroom.

aromulus
9th August 2007, 21:13
Now from my point of view, skip the next few hours, and begin again with morning after....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th August 2007, 21:22
My sister's daughter's uncle's mum's milkman needs to go into hospital for a life saving operation - and if he does not get 10,000 pesos - he will surely die.

I'd have sent her a pint of milk :D

zef
9th August 2007, 23:30
Alan you 're a true gentleman. (I say that but I've not read the next installment yet ;) )

Let me just say thank you, your tale is both infomative and inspirational to someone, (me) considering a uk/phil relationship :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
9th August 2007, 23:51
Bedroom?? I think it's totally disgusting.. :furious3::censored:

After all that sticky heat outside, sharing the shower :wiggle: would have been the most valiant and honorable progression for the evening :BouncyHappy:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th August 2007, 08:59
sharing the shower :wiggle:

With the cockroaches? :Erm:

IainBusby
10th August 2007, 09:54
We both walked into the bedroom.

Come on Alan, please don't leave us like this, Louella and I are off to Phils in a couple of hours and we'll be in suspense the whole way there. We will have to rush out of the airport in Manila and find the nearest internet cafe.

Louella & Iain.

gracia143
10th August 2007, 12:32
Typhoon is gone and my internet connection is back...now Alan where are you? You're a rotten tease, you know.

Alan
10th August 2007, 17:05
Next episode coming in a couple of hours. Been at work today. Ain't life a b***h?

Al

Alan
10th August 2007, 21:52
Went to Uni - Hatfield - did a B.Ed. Did lots of things whilst I was there. Played music professionally - joined a few bands. Got my golf handicap down to single figures (not any more.) Jumped out of an aeroplane for charity (change of underpants.) Met C. - who was to be my partner for the next 16 years.

Graduated - went to teach English in France - brilliant job. C. was with me - we had 3 children - the middle one we sadly lost at birth - I have never cried so much in my life - and don't suppose I ever will again.

1999 - I was a deputy head teacher in South Essex - I was driving home after a particularly heavy day. Next thing I know I am at the roadside - shaking like a leaf - couldn't drive any more.
Police took me home - couldn't go to work - like a helpless baby!!!
I had been hit by stress-related depression. I have never felt so STUPID in all my life. I thought I was strong - if I had a broken leg or the big C. I could understand it - but why should I be laid low by a stupid mental illness (my thoughts BTW - not my beliefs - I know now that depression can be even worse than physical illnesses.)

C. did not support me very much through this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanna said - are you awake? One of those questions that cannot have the answer 'No.'
My neck was aching from sleeping on the settee in the ante room. I soon forgot my neck ache - I looked at Hanna - she was really beautiful. I had now slept - for the first time in a couple of days - see my thread on not being able to sleep in a plane - and I felt 'normal' again.

We had spent the night together - but not together. I really wanted her to believe I was genuine and - well - I wanted her for love...........
Is this beginning to sound too 'yucky?'

It was 6 in the morning and already 28 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!
We went downstrairs - I had a coffee and Hanna had - remember I told you she could eat for the Philippines? - pork and rice :Erm:

Later that day - I asked her if she would marry me - she said 'yes!'

Alan
10th August 2007, 22:31
Only 2 episodes left.

Shamrockdave2003
11th August 2007, 00:45
Your a fast mover :)

gracia143
11th August 2007, 02:57
Wow! What more can I say? Oh well, please don't keep us waiting too long for the next episode.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th August 2007, 08:54
:NoNo: You have a lot to learn Alan......Woman want equal rights.....they sleep on the couch :icon_lol:

Alan
12th August 2007, 20:45
Got over my illness eventually. But I don't think one ever gets over depression. C. started messing around with another man - I suspected it - and I knew it. (It gets really difficult to speak here.)

We were only ever apart for one week a year - she went to her mother's cottage in Devon - I went on my golfing holiday in Scotland.

2002 - Thursday - just finished playing at The Hirsel in Coldstream - came back to a text message from my son - 'Dad, mum has left.' That was all it was.

Drove from Scotland to Essex in about 6 hours - was doing a frightening 100+ MPH all the way down. Got home - house empty - dear John letter. Depression set in again.

Made it to HeadTeacher - despite my illness - was REALLY chuffed - I wanted to make it to the top in my profession. But hey, hang on, this is not what I want!!!!!
I am now just an 'office boy.' Can't get out to see my children in the school. Too busy seeing parents - governors - salespeople - Inspectors - ad infinitum..........

I thought that being a Headteacher - I would be THE BOSS - my school - I dictate what happens. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Headteacher is the worst job in a school.

After 18 months I resigned.

We flew to Cebu - stayed at the Waterfront hotel for a couple of days - then got the bloody awful bus from the terminal - 4 hours to Ginatilan.
Met Hanna's mum - lovely lady who runs a vegetable stall and makes pennies a day!!!!!! These are the poorest of the poor!!!!

Hanna's mum's house is - well - small!!!!! - lounge and kitchen combined - 1 bedroom - and the attic space!!!

It did not matter to me - EVERYONE in Ginatilan made me SOOOO welcome.

Hanna's mum gave us her bedroom - even though we were not married. So now Hanna and I would HAVE to stay together!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to remain a gentleman!!!!

We slept together that night.

Barriers were broken.

Now we had to arrange everything for the wedding.

aromulus
12th August 2007, 22:45
I wanted to remain a gentleman!!!!

We slept together that night.

Barriers were broken.

Now we had to arrange everything for the wedding.

:NoNo: "Barriers were broken"... Very subtle... teach...........:rolleyes:

Alea iacta est

KeithD
13th August 2007, 08:41
"Barriers were broken

Hell of a night if you managed to break the hotels barrier outside :Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
13th August 2007, 14:42
This is interesting! I will be looking forward to the next chapter..:Rasp:

Pepe n Pilar
15th August 2007, 08:16
waiting for the next chapter of your love story

gracia143
15th August 2007, 17:04
Time flies quickly...two days gone by and not heard a thing from Alan:cwm34:

Alan
16th August 2007, 20:04
You remember when you had your very first 'crush' on a girl/boy? If you were anything like me - you couldn't think about anything else but her/him all the time.

That is EXACTLY how I felt about Hanna. Even though I am now fast approaching 700 years old - she made me feel like a little kid again.

She had had one brief relationship when she was 19. Unfortunately, (or, fortunately for me) her boyfriend wanted several relationships at the same time. He quickly became history. Hanna moved to Manila and got a job. She worked 10 hours a day for 250 pesos a day (and WE moan at our salaries!!! Don't get me wrong - I know that it is all relative. But - COME ON - £2.50 for 10 hours???? - I thought the Phils. was 3rd world DEVELOPING. (Please - nothing negative implied there.))

I could only stay for 10 days before I had to return to UK. It felt like 10 mins.Back at the airport in Manila - I have never seen so many tears. Hanna cried as well!! :D

I have never been so NOT glad to see the UK! Heathrow welcomed me with a grumpy, spotty young upstart at passport control - and London welcomed me with a free shower in the form of - shall we say 'pi**ing down!'
I arrived home - got on the Internet and told Hanna that I was coming back.

When my ex left me she decided to milk every advantage that she could as a mother. She took our 2 children with her - went to the CSA and forced the sale of our house - effectively turning me out into the street.
Hang on - let's think about things here!!! SHE decides to run off with another bloke and yet I lose everything!!! And the courts agree with HER!!!
Now - correct me if I am wrong but..........................well.......you know.

I took out a frighteningly large loan and opened my own school in South Oxfordshire - moving from Essex so that I could be near to Christopher and Samantha (the children.) Rented a house - where I still am now. Lost a small fortune in my first year of 'trading.' Went through depression again at the size of my debts.
Two things that kept me smiling through this..............

Working with kids is an honour - teaching is the BEST job in the world!!

Hanna.

In 5 weeks time I was back in the Phils. and on the 9th of June at 11.00a.m. Hanna became my wife.

Al

gracia143
17th August 2007, 06:03
:BouncyHappy:Congratulations to you and Hanna...

I deeply moved by your story...

gracia143
17th August 2007, 06:04
sorry for the typo I am deeply moved is what i meant to say...

robeth
17th August 2007, 08:12
I was not speaking to hubby for 2 days bec of my "unreasonable reasons"...just got fed up, bored, tired and missing my families in Philly...

(Never underestimate a woman who can always make herself miserable)

Running late for work but still able to read this post, now I have the compulsion of phoning hubby and tell him that I care...:Cuckoo:

(We can always change our minds in anyway anytime :cwm38:)

Sometimes we're so involved in our own worries that we neglect the people we love...

Good luck Al...

Alan
18th August 2007, 18:39
Gracia - thank you deeply for your kind words - God bless you.

Robeth - Friendship and love are the things that money cannot buy. They are therefore worth holding on to with all one's heart and soul.
I am glad if I helped you to realise that you DO love your hubby.

In fact - I have one wish for EVERYONE on this site - quite simply - LOVE!

All the best to you all.

Al. :cwm38:

bornatbirth
18th August 2007, 20:42
tales of the unexpected...alan

i met brenda and bertha too,i was drowing my sorrows in my local when i saw those two cuties only time i ever i woke up with a sore....head?

PeterB
18th August 2007, 20:46
Hey, just come across this story ... similar, in some ways, to my own - but also different in many ways. Is everyone bored by now, would you like to hear my version?

Alan
18th August 2007, 21:15
I would for one Peter. Also, you're only up the road from me in Reading. :)

Al

PeterB
19th August 2007, 01:30
Okay, I'll have a think about writing my blog.

Yep, I'm not far away, and am very interested in your proposed meet .. especially sometime mid Sept - end Nov, when Ruby should be with me!

gracia143
19th August 2007, 03:41
Hi again Al, I love your story(i'm hooked as you can see)...and I do love happy endings too, 'though I know we all have pasts and sometimes or most of the times they've been painful but it contributes to making us the person that we are now. Stronger, more mature and capable of giving love and appreciating in return. This is what I like about this forum, people are real, mad or bonkers at times but real. We share one common goal I think, to love and be loved...
Oh by the way, I heard you're coming back to the Philippines? Correct me if I'm wrong but have a safe journey if you do.

And hey Peter! I'll look forward to reading your blog too. I might persuade Trev to write our story one day, his English is better than mine. God bless us all!

fred
21st August 2007, 04:04
Hi Al..

Great story.. I find your writing style very entertaining.
In a way it reminds me of a British film I saw in the 80`s starring Charlie Drake entitled "Filipino dream girls"..

I have only just received your PM as we have spent the last couple of days with relatives in Batangas..I spent all day yesterday trying out my new fishing rod suspended on a bamboo raft about a mile out..Didn't catch a bloody thing!! I`ll reply to PM when I have a minute..
Cheers,
Fred.

singkit
21st August 2007, 12:16
In 5 weeks time I was back in the Phils. and on the 9th of June at 11.00a.m. Hanna became my wife.

Al

Awwww...I always love a happy ending...:BouncyHappy: Congratulations Alan and Hanna. Thank you for sharing this Fil-Brit love story.

Alan
21st August 2007, 14:02
You are more than welcome. It actually surprised me how many people read it and said nice things.

Thanks EVERYONE - God bless you all. :)

uli43
26th August 2007, 21:25
Alan, VERY moving, your story. With your ex-wife, and how you met with Hannah. Thanks for being so open! My story is different and similar at the same time. We struggle for having just a simple good life, but it's so hard. And when we met HER, it's suddenly so easy, because there is something that looks like real love. And we are blessed.

Alan
2nd September 2007, 21:02
It was supposed to be a low key reception - 16 people at the most. After all - Hanna's mum's house could only fit 10 people in at a squeeze.

163 people turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hanna is SOOOOOO popular in her 'shanty.'

Plus - they all wanted to see the 'white guy.' As a foreign language teacher I felt so inferior at not being able to communicate with all these lovely people who were talking to me - mostly in English.

I used a lot of Spanish and found that I was understood quite a bit!!!!

We trundled off over the mountains back to Cebu City to get all the documentation certified/altered. This is where I begin to get really p****d off. I had decided to stay another month - and so it was off to immigration! Long queues and waits. We were the first there - 7.00 am. and STILL we got the 'Fixers.'

Then Hanna and I went for a few days on Bohol. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Back in Cebu City and the NSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Queues again!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this country like?
#Then some other God forsaken Office to change her passport/ marriage certificate.

And we haven't even started to think about her visa yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a look at the visa requirements and I am thinking - Hmmmm - show that you can support her without recourse to public funds!!!!!!!!

I owe a PACKET here in the UK.

I have just married the most beautiful girl in the world and we shall probably never be together in the UK..................

What have I done to her?

mhynne
7th November 2007, 23:50
i just read this whole thread.. really really good writing. i wonder what had happend?

kimmi
8th November 2007, 01:10
sis Prof AL is still here in Manila and will be back on friday and after Christmas he will going to stay here for a year..:)

bigtombowski
8th November 2007, 01:13
hey did u meet al?

i wish i could be there with u all too lol

mhynne
8th November 2007, 01:16
sis Prof AL is still here in Manila and will be back on friday and after Christmas he will going to stay here for a year..:)

wow one year! how my husband would love that!

gracia143
8th November 2007, 09:20
hey did u meet al?

i wish i could be there with u all too lol

Met Alan and Hanna--hell of an adventure that day but it was worth it. It was hilarious and I really enjoyed being with them. It's_me_eye and Maria were there too. Uploaded some photos.

KeithD
8th November 2007, 09:22
i just read this whole thread.. really really good writing. i wonder what had happend?

The rabbit died in the end :rolleyes:

fred
8th November 2007, 09:54
Alan..
Hope you have a good trip back and you get what ever you need to get done there..
Come back soon! You know it makes sense!!
BTW..The kids got 87% on their end of term results...
Was it something you said??

fred
8th November 2007, 10:11
The mrs just got back from SM Bacoor and said a bomb went off..
Many dead apparently..

Not sure if it was actually a bomb as she says she heard no explosion,just a crowd running towards them in panic..
The panicking crowd said it was a bomb.

NEWS AT TEN,
FRED,
CAVITE.

kimmi
8th November 2007, 11:37
wow Fred, congrats with ur son having the 87% end test results..I am sure ur'e a proud dad!Cheers...:)

Glad ur wife got home safe and sound..well the Government may think of another alibi with this one again..terrorists?methane gas?whatever..

LEAHnew
8th November 2007, 11:55
Alan..
Hope you have a good trip back and you get what ever you need to get done there..

Congrats tatay Fred:xxgrinning--00xx3:Proud Dad:BouncyHappy:Be ready for the reward for them:D

fred
8th November 2007, 12:35
Salamat Kimmi & kukurokuk..

They both seem to have settled in now although it was a bit tough at first..

BTW..The "bomb" wasn`t in SM but an illegal TNT factory in Bacoor town. (fishing explosives).. I hear it leveled 6 town houses with 2 dead.

On the jeep home she was told stories of headless bodies and 100`s of dead in a bloody carnage.
Never believe what you hear on a jeepney..

kimmi
8th November 2007, 12:44
:omg:illegal fishing explosives..:Brick::furious3::Help1:

Alan
8th November 2007, 14:36
Alan..

Thank you mate for that.

Please congratulate your kids for me - I would LOVE to think it had something to do with our chat, but I am sure it was just your brill kids who did it on their own.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Well done to them.

See ya when I get back mate. Luv 2 everyone.

Al.:)

KeithD
23rd November 2007, 14:11
Wonder where Alan is.....2 weeks since he posted.....hope he hasn't been kidnapped an is being used to internally clean camel poo for the Arabs.....:(

kimmi
23rd November 2007, 14:21
Boss he just posted an hour ago..

u missed him already?he he he:)

LadyJ
23rd November 2007, 14:34
Kimmi, ignore him... that means Keith haven't taken his anti-abnormal tablet yet:D

KeithD
23rd November 2007, 17:05
Kimmi, ignore him... that means Keith haven't taken his anti-abnormal tablet yet:D

OI!!!!!

Where am I :Erm:

kimmi
24th November 2007, 04:43

thanks for telling me LadyJ at least now I know..:xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp::icon_lol:

halo-halo
13th December 2007, 22:03
ALan and Hannah...

LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

spread the Love...

Alan, a well respected Man...i feel sorry of what you had experienced backhome in the Philippines...thats bureaucracy at its worst...somehow this will end...

Hannah...just be yourself.

Godbless you Both!

Alan
21st December 2007, 22:22
Halo-halo - you are the BEST dessert in the WORLD!

Have decided to continue my blog (Groans all round)

Look out tomorrow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
12th January 2008, 02:41
wow me and my hubby read your story for almost 2 hours keep laughing and exciting to know what next is....so i wanted to know WHERE ARE YOU NOW AND HANNAH ?........

GOD BLESS U BOTH

Mrs.JMajor
12th January 2008, 04:43
hi kim,as u know i was just only new member,so still a bit silly clicking things and says still no have permission to see or to join in some things on forum,hmmm just wanted to know how to put tag line down there...and funny i cant even see those icon your using (wonder where it can get from) hehehe

Mrs.JMajor
12th January 2008, 04:48
kim,i got it i found the icon ....lol down part left side :doh

Mrs.JMajor
12th January 2008, 04:57
gosh !! as reading alan tales (make me more so excite ) and im really so touch w/ this site..above them it makes me laugh so loud reading some funny words ..id rather spend time reading here than the dating site i previously join or in a chat room that u can only read and heared B*******L or F*** Y.. brrrrr (that makes me sick on a chat room)

love you all and good luck to each and everyone of u,,

aromulus
12th January 2008, 10:17
previously join or in a chat room that u can only read and heared B*******L or F*** Y..

Where...... Where... ????? :Bolt::woohoo::xxparty-smiley-004:

kimmi
12th January 2008, 13:21
hi kim,as u know i was just only new member,so still a bit silly clicking things and says still no have permission to see or to join in some things on forum,hmmm just wanted to know how to put tag line down there...and funny i cant even see those icon your using (wonder where it can get from) hehehe

hi juliet,

dont worry, just keep on posting here i know in time u will be able to use the other functions here..about the tag line u can check it by clicking the USER CP, it is located on the upper left side of the forum..

hope to chat with u soon..goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm:

Where...... Where... ????? :Bolt::woohoo::xxparty-smiley-004:

:CompBuster::cwm3::Help1:

tomm
21st January 2008, 17:11
Halo-halo - you are the BEST dessert in the WORLD!

Have decided to continue my blog (Groans all round)

Look out tomorrow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan, this has been a great read. I know you're in PI at the moment and why. Are you going to continue with your blog? :)

RHB
6th February 2008, 05:45
Alan; Read you story with great pleasure. You two are very lucky indeed, having met both of you before reading your blog, it only confirms what I know about the two of you. Ading was a quick take on Hanna, after meeting her once she remarked, she is a good girl and so pretty. Alan is lucky to meet her first. I can only agree.
My Philippine experience was peppered with some errors in judgement initially, but all did work out in the long run finding Ading.

And as for the rest of you cheeky folk, I will have to take a pill before getting the courage to post my story as candidly and heartfelt as Alan did. No mercy...
:):D

Mrs.JMajor
6th February 2008, 13:38
Alan; Read you story with great pleasure. You two are very lucky indeed, having met both of you before reading your blog, it only confirms what I know about the two of you. Ading was a quick take on Hanna, after meeting her once she remarked, she is a good girl and so pretty. Alan is lucky to meet her first. I can only agree.
My Philippine experience was peppered with some errors in judgement initially, but all did work out in the long run finding Ading.

And as for the rest of you cheeky folk, I will have to take a pill before getting the courage to post my story as candidly and heartfelt as Alan did. No mercy...

go on ,we will wait for your tale RHB:BouncyHappy:

RHB
6th February 2008, 14:12
It would read like a cloak and dagger novel, I really did have some rather unbelievable experiences when I first arived, due to naivete, and circumstance. Maybe sometime...

Alan
7th February 2008, 12:56

That is a lovely thing for you to say RHB - thank you.

I count myself SOOOO lucky to be with Hanna!

Alan
9th February 2008, 12:36
Does anyone remember those toffee apples you used to get at travelling fairgrounds in the UK? I think they were a tanner - sixpence - 2 1/2p.
My mum said I could only have one 'cos they would rot my teeth.

I had one within her view - and copious amounts outside.

I left my wife on the 9th November - she cried at Manila airport - I REALLY didn't want to leave her - I am making her cry - that makes me the bad guy in a way.

I love Hanna so much - it hurts.

All my students said how much they had missed me - that was when I got back to work in Oxfordshire. That hurt as well - I have already said how much teaching means to me.

I had a decision to make - stick it out in UK where I was making decent money - or take a chance and go back to the Phils. and be with my beautiful wife.

It didn't take long for me to decide.

The toffee apples have been superceeded - BANANA CUE - LOVELY!!!!!!

RHB
9th February 2008, 14:37
and as a bonus only 5 pesos. :)

if you are lucky enough to find the right girl here, it makes a new life in a strange counrtry a great experience, we all can lament the things we left behind, but sometimes we are rewarded in spades for taking that risk, that chance to repair and reinvent ourselves.

Alan
9th February 2008, 14:58
and as a bonus only 5 pesos. :)

if you are lucky enough to find the right girl here, it makes a new life in a strange counrtry a great experience, we all can lament the things we left behind, but sometimes we are rewarded in spades for taking that risk, that chance to repair and reinvent ourselves.

So, so true!

Alan
13th May 2008, 11:25
OK - so the roads are not the best in the world. Every few kilometres (Arrggghhh! I used to say 'miles') the road turns to dirt as, for some inexplicable reason, the local Barangay decides to replace a perfectly good road ' because the Elections are approaching.'

Turn off the road and start to climb the mountain. More dirt than road here. Some of the time I am doing no more than 20 kph. and looking at every stone that has the evil purpose of turning my handlebars against my wishes.

Yet, the marvels of early 20th century engineering, the habal habals, pass me at at least 60 - carrying 8 people or so!!!!!
They never put a foot, or tyre wrong, and make me realise that I am not in the West.

Indeed, far from the West!!!!

Hanna and I decided that we would either settle in Bohol or Negros - the two places we both liked.
Secretly, I would have settled ANYWHERE with Hanna!!! I am a 54 year old kid - completely smitten with my wife. She, her mum, her family, are the poorest of the poor and yet they have NEVER asked for a penny (Peso) from the 'white guy.'
We went to Negros - Dumaguete - Valencia. We had been informed that it was 'the place to be.'

It is part way up Mount Talinis - a few degrees cooler than Dumaguete-by-the-sea. Lovely house - rented - the sort of house that would cost a cool million in Oxfordshire - or £15 in Manchester.

I flew over in January with my dear son Chris and his friend Jack. Amazingly, my 'fussy' little son (17) LOVED rice!!!!
He NEVER eats rice at home - unless it is fried and has a number in front of it!

Travelling further up the mountain I am amazed at the friendliness of the 'Mountain folk.' I had been warned about NPA who, apparently are on Negros - yet I was not unduly worried.
Smiles from Filipino ladies, 'Hey Joe' from the men (and not a single Hendrix fan amongst them, I wager) and beautiful smiles and waves from small children, quite a few unashamedly naked!!

Northern England has a 'rustic' beauty - the South - a 'neater' natural fashion. The beauty of the Philippines, personally, is naught expounded.
It is the place that God put in his 'To deal with later' file!
It is beauty, neglect, love and hate. It takes one's breath away then brings it back to earth with a badly placed mosquito bite!
It is truly most things you want and most things you don't. You stare at stunningly beautiful scenery and then stare down at your feet, crawling with ants.

I have been here since 10th January - I love the philippines - and I love my wife!

I hope that you enjoyed my 1000th post and I thank you all for being my friends. Good luck to all.

KeithD
13th May 2008, 11:51
Every few kilometres (Arrggghhh! I used to say 'miles') the road turns to dirt as, for some inexplicable reason

That happens in Ireland, and the USA, and plenty of dirt roads here in rural Wales.

Mrs.JMajor
13th May 2008, 14:58
I have been here since 10th January - I love the philippines - and I love my wife!

I hope that you enjoyed my 1000th post and I thank you all for being my friends. Good luck to all.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thats the best words in there that you love your wife :rolleyes: and the 1000 post :icon_lol:

aromulus
13th May 2008, 15:27
or £15 in Manchester.

Blimey that must be out of most people's reach there....:Erm:

Hey Joe..... Got a spare tent in my attic....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
13th May 2008, 15:58
OK - so the roads are not the best in the world. Every few kilometres (Arrggghhh! I used to say 'miles') the road turns to dirt as, for some inexplicable reason, the local Barangay decides to replace a perfectly good road ' because the Elections are approaching.'

Turn off the road and start to climb the mountain. More dirt than road here. Some of the time I am doing no more than 20 kph. and looking at every stone that has the evil purpose of turning my handlebars against my wishes.

Yet, the marvels of early 20th century engineering, the habal habals, pass me at at least 60 - carrying 8 people or so!!!!!
They never put a foot, or tyre wrong, and make me realise that I am not in the West.

Indeed, far from the West!!!!

Hanna and I decided that we would either settle in Bohol or Negros - the two places we both liked.
Secretly, I would have settled ANYWHERE with Hanna!!! I am a 54 year old kid - completely smitten with my wife. She, her mum, her family, are the poorest of the poor and yet they have NEVER asked for a penny (Peso) from the 'white guy.'
We went to Negros - Dumaguete - Valencia. We had been informed that it was 'the place to be.'

It is part way up Mount Talinis - a few degrees cooler than Dumaguete-by-the-sea. Lovely house - rented - the sort of house that would cost a cool million in Oxfordshire - or £15 in Manchester.

I flew over in January with my dear son Chris and his friend Jack. Amazingly, my 'fussy' little son (17) LOVED rice!!!!
He NEVER eats rice at home - unless it is fried and has a number in front of it!

Travelling further up the mountain I am amazed at the friendliness of the 'Mountain folk.' I had been warned about NPA who, apparently are on Negros - yet I was not unduly worried.
Smiles from Filipino ladies, 'Hey Joe' from the men (and not a single Hendrix fan amongst them, I wager) and beautiful smiles and waves from small children, quite a few unashamedly naked!!

Northern England has a 'rustic' beauty - the South - a 'neater' natural fashion. The beauty of the Philippines, personally, is naught expounded.
It is the place that God put in his 'To deal with later' file!
It is beauty, neglect, love and hate. It takes one's breath away then brings it back to earth with a badly placed mosquito bite!
It is truly most things you want and most things you don't. You stare at stunningly beautiful scenery and then stare down at your feet, crawling with ants.

A great post Al. I wish you and your wife much more of the beautiful joy you share!

aposhark
13th May 2008, 22:06
Thanks Al for your well written blog.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't been on this forum for very long and didn't know you had eloquently documented how fast your English heart awoke again and snuggled up to your Filipina.

We just never know what is around the corner and pleasure is so sweet and rejuvinating after degrees of pain.

I saw this quote below somewhere and find it so apt:

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more".

Gabriel Garcias Marquez's book (now made into a film which I haven't seen and will probably not as it it will spoil the magic) "Love In The Time Of Cholera" may be right up your barangay! Let us say that love and romance is NOT solely the life-blood of the young. :Rasp:

Now one day I may write my story, but at the moment I'm still reeling from my weeks with "Panaginip". I never want to come down...

aposhark

Peanutz
10th June 2008, 17:57
What an excellent raconteur you are Prof Alan. :D What happened next?

Alan
18th June 2008, 11:16
Thanks Al for your well written blog.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't been on this forum for very long and didn't know you had eloquently documented how fast your English heart awoke again and snuggled up to your Filipina.

We just never know what is around the corner and pleasure is so sweet and rejuvinating after degrees of pain.

I saw this quote below somewhere and find it so apt:

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more".

Gabriel Garcias Marquez's book (now made into a film which I haven't seen and will probably not as it it will spoil the magic) "Love In The Time Of Cholera" may be right up your barangay! Let us say that love and romance is NOT solely the life-blood of the young. :Rasp:

Now one day I may write my story, but at the moment I'm still reeling from my weeks with "Panaginip". I never want to come down...

aposhark

Love In The Time Of Cholera - bought it - read it - charming, erudite and eye-opening! Thanks for that Apo. :)

Alan
18th June 2008, 12:18
Selling a business - running away from debt - leaving my lovely children and my mum and dad - coming here to be with my wife - my son flying over with me - expecting to fly my daughter over here in July - What a pot pourri of mixed emotions!!

I was, nevertheless, truly happy to be here - after all, a year is a long time in politics - but not very long when you hit middle age.
I think the young and old must survive in parallel universes - time certainly has a way of speeding up when you want it to slow down.
There is an in-depth psychological theory about this - but - I won't go into it!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

'I have some very bad news for you Alan.' This was all I wanted to hear!!! It was *** - the head of UK operations for my school in the UK - which is a franchise - and the fastest growing form of extra-school tuition in the world.

'*****. who bought your School, has been in prison for the last 7 weeks. He has committed offences of a sexual nature against one of the students - a 9 year old girl. The Centre has been closed down whilst police conduct further investigations.'

I cannot quite grasp what I am hearing! Immediately I think of my (ex) students and all the wonderful parents with whom I had an EXCELLENT relationship. Will I somehow be implicated??
Hanna and I were in tears.

Hang on, If he is in prison, then I shall have no further income. The Centre has been closed. Of course, the value of a business is dependent on its clientelle - and they have ALL left. The value of my business therefore has hit rock bottom.

I check my bank balance - heart attack time!! What am I going to do?

When my ex-partner left me for a 'newer model' she 'took me to the cleaners.'
I remember thinking then - 'What have I done to deserve this?' 'Have I played away? No! Have I been a bad father? No! Am I an alcoholic? No!'
She just decided she didn't love me any more and, instead of talking, just cleared off.

Depression set in - AGAIN!!!

Now that this has happened - what the bloody hell have I done to deserve this AGAIN???????????

I love Hanna - I love Christopher and Samantha - I love my mum and dad - I love my family on here.

My love for God is being severely tested at the moment!!!!

Alan
1st October 2008, 14:46
I made a decision - I had to!! Stuck on the other side of the world with no income. This was a real frightener!!!!

I thought of the good things in my life - my children - my parents - my friends from the forum whom I had met - Grace - Shelly - Maria - (Where are they now? ) and, of course, my wife.

It still did no good!! I felt the same old feelings of depression I had felt before - and I was SCARED!!!

Of course, Hanna did not understand - how could she? Depression is a personal illness - you can see a broken leg - but you cannot see a broken brain.

I was in absolute turmoil - tons of debt in the UK - and now penniless in Asia.

I don't deserve this - I have never done any wrong nor any harm to anyone. For God's sake - I can't even win £10 on the Lottery.

Hang on Al - You still have your mum and dad - you have two beautiful kids who love you to death - you have a stunningly beautiful wife who has stuck by you through this crisis - GET OFF YOUR **** AND DO SOMETHING!!!!

I did - and thanks to KeithAngel and his lovely girlfriend Angie I found a job - doing what I do best - teaching.

I had to let our beautiful house in Valencia go - could no longer afford it! I came here to Mactan Cebu - city life - which I HATE! But, Mactan is OK. I am living in an apartment that is slightly bigger than my parent's bathroom - but, that's the hand that life has dealt me at the moment. Hanna is living in A ROOM in Dumaguete - that brings me to tears 'cos I thought I had taken her away from that kind of life.

She still has a month of her Caregiver course to finish - then she has two months of OJT (On Job Training) to do - so we shall not be together again until January or the beginning of February.

I love my wife so much - it hurts!!

I am fighting hard to be the same 'loony' I have always been (God - How on Earth did I make it to HeadTeacher?) I think I will win!!!! I HAVE to win - there is no alternative.

My job at school is wonderful - the students are from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Turkey and Russia. They are 'Tabula Rasas' (Piaget!) and they are so receptive - I should have done this years ago!!

Maybe I shall go to another country when I 'Get my wife back again'

The jeepneys are always crowded and when I am on my 'chopper' I stick two fingers up at infinitely more morons than in the UK!

I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!

Frances
1st October 2008, 16:07
Don't give up prof Alan!
Always have hope,patience and perseverance.
Setbacks will only make you stronger and better person.
Always remember God loves you.

KeithD
1st October 2008, 19:22
Have you tried selling your soul to the Devil? Or worse :cwm24: .......your :action-smiley-081: to George Michael :omg:

Mrs.JMajor
1st October 2008, 22:05
Yah ,have faith........wish u good luck

Alan
18th October 2008, 11:26
Have you tried selling your soul to the Devil? Or worse :cwm24: .......your :action-smiley-081: to George Michael :omg:

Errrr! - No!

Alan
18th October 2008, 11:47
I have watched my movie - don't you HATE that word? I do - it's a FILM for goodness sake!!!

I have watched it several times now.

I did theatre and pantomime a few years ago. My most famous was a Panto - 'Babes in the Wood' which I did at the Haymarket in London. I thought I did a good job but the critics slated me!!!!!

The movie I did recently - I was not happy with - yet it won 'Best Film' award!!!

Where is the sense?

I am not a happy bunny at the moment 'cos I am here in Cebu and my wife is in Dumaguete - a different island!!

I came over here to BE WITH HER - and now we are once more separated.:bigcry:

I have a new job! I REALLY did not want to leave CELI - where I was working - but I was only earning 50 quid a week - and that is a struggle.
Next week I start at CPILS - over £100 quid a week! Still pathetic isn't it? But, don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful for this opportunity.

It is a life threatening motor cycle ride to get to work - ADVICE - if you come to the Phils. only ride/drive if you really HAVE TO!!!!

I shall never leave the Philippines without taking Hanna back with me - but I can never see it happening. I read all the posts about people who have had their Visas granted and it makes me feel happy for you - and sad for me!

One day maybe - one day!

I look at Hanna and I see happiness in her countenance - yet - through no fault of my own - I feel that I am doing her an injustice. She wants to 'experience' the UK and I can't do it for her. I love her and cannot give her what she wants...................................

PeterB
18th October 2008, 11:52
ADVICE - if you come to the Phils. only ride/drive if you really HAVE TO!!!!
Hey, riding/driving here really isn't a problem ... you just have to forget everything you learnt as a road user in the west, and emulate the locals.

aromulus
18th October 2008, 11:55
Hang on in there kid.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't lose it, mate.....

Things are bound to change for the better sooner or later. Only matter of time.

Even if Hanna is on a different island a few miles away is not as if she was 8k+ miles from you.... You still see her every week-end or so.

As per letting her experience the UK......:Erm:
Well... It ain't what it is cracked up to be anymore. :NoNo:
No loss there, believe me....:NoNo:

PeterB
18th October 2008, 12:20
As per letting her experience the UK......:Erm:
Well... It ain't what it is cracked up to be anymore. :NoNo:
No loss there, believe me....:NoNo:

I guess that it's easy for me to say, because I did manage to get Ruby to UK for three months, but I feel that I'm better off out of the country!

KeithD
18th October 2008, 12:55
I shall never leave the Philippines without taking Hanna back with me - but I can never see it happening. I read all the posts about people who have had their Visas granted and it makes me feel happy for you - and sad for me!
....maybe you can arrange a house exchange.....

keithAngel
18th October 2008, 12:58
Hey, riding/driving here really isn't a problem ... you just have to forget everything you learnt as a road user in the west, and emulate the locals.

Im looking into that Peter

andypaul
18th October 2008, 13:17
I have watched my movie - don't you HATE that word? I do - it's a FILM for goodness sake!!!

I have watched it several times now.

I did theatre and pantomime a few years ago. My most famous was a Panto - 'Babes in the Wood' which I did at the Haymarket in London. I thought I did a good job but the critics slated me!!!!!

The movie I did recently - I was not happy with - yet it won 'Best Film' award!!!

Where is the sense?

I am not a happy bunny at the moment 'cos I am here in Cebu and my wife is in Dumaguete - a different island!!

I came over here to BE WITH HER - and now we are once more separated.:bigcry:

I have a new job! I REALLY did not want to leave CELI - where I was working - but I was only earning 50 quid a week - and that is a struggle.
Next week I start at CPILS - over £100 quid a week! Still pathetic isn't it? But, don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful for this opportunity.

It is a life threatening motor cycle ride to get to work - ADVICE - if you come to the Phils. only ride/drive if you really HAVE TO!!!!

One day maybe - one day!

I look at Hanna and I see happiness in her countenance - yet - through no fault of my own - I feel that I am doing her an injustice. She wants to 'experience' the UK and I can't do it for her. I love her and cannot give her what she wants...................................

A mere island hop as Mr Dom says. Who knows what the future holds Alan once the "Film" takings come in its a european tour for the two of you:)

IainBusby
19th October 2008, 11:21
Keep your chin up Al,
You never know, you might be able to pop over to the UK with Hanna when your invited to the Cannes film festival next year.
Iain.

reginacarlson
19th October 2008, 15:31
Never lose hope Alan. It's just a phase, you'll get through it and will one day look back and laugh.

Alan
13th November 2008, 14:04
When my partner left me in the UK - she took me to the cleaners - as I have already said. What did I need at that time? Friends!! People who would be willing to support me - as I was, I thought, totally innocent!!!

Out of all my friends - THREE stuck by me!! Of course, they could not be with me all of the time - they had their own lives to live.

My best friends came to be my students at work! They were either delightful children, receptive teenagers or hungry adults - hungry for knowledge.

In 1999 I was awarded ' Outstanding Teacher ' status by OFSTED - I thought - WOW - I must be doing something right!!!

I remember the night vividly! My girlfriend's father arrived at the front door - Err - Alan - I have some bad news for you - Susan is dead!! She was killed in a motorbike accident last night!!!

Of course, I had known death before then - both my grandads had died at 'young' ages - but this was my girlfriend!!!! She was 21!!!!

You are supposed to be an adult in the UK when you are 18 - but you are NEVER an adult until you have received devastating news - or you have got married - or you have a mortgage - or you have kids!!! My opinion only.

I cried for days - Susan was the first girl who made me feel like jelly - who gave me a strange feeling in my loins (Ronnie Barker - Porridge!)

I turned to my passion - music!! I wrote more and more songs - sent them all to record companies - got the inevitable rejections - perservered - got rejected again - THEN - GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!

Out of bad - always comes good - at least it has for me. So, I must remain strong - I want to take Hanna home with me - at the moment I have NO CHANCE - but maybe one day - maybe one day - maybe one day.

I have, I feel, more friends now than I have ever had in my life - and most of you don't even know me.

I KNOW that I have the most beautiful girl in the world.

Alan
20th February 2009, 13:36
The workload at my new school - CPILS - is totally ridiculous! Five classes of 80 minutes each, separated by a 10 minute break! When one is teaching, one is supposed to be 100% receptive to one's class - the students deserve no less.

However, when you are totally sh****d out, you cannot give said 100%.

I am not willing to teach in a situation where I cannot devote myself totally to my students.

I have therefore made a decision!

I shall go back to the UK this October to see my parents, my children and, hopefully, some of you.

I shall leave Hanna here!!! That is the worst thing!!!!

I need to get some decent money in my bank account. BUT, I am not a spring chicken anymore!!! Will I find a teaching job back home?

Life is never easy - and for me it is getting harder!!

I shall survive - I have to!!

Any advice gratefully received.

keithAngel
20th February 2009, 14:01
The workload at my new school - CPILS - is totally ridiculous! Five classes of 80 minutes each, separated by a 10 minute break!

Good Grief Is this CPILS answer to overwieght teachers................abolishing the lunch break:omg:

On the downside now Angie has left she has gained 20kg

jimeve
20th February 2009, 14:12
Al, I'm sure you have made the right decision, and with your experience you will have no problem getting a teaching job.

when you are settled back here and have a healthy account and home,
apply for Hanners spouse visa.

Jim.

fhara
20th February 2009, 14:18
he he he nice story and wow wer the same we met on mfb also with my loving bf now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
20th February 2009, 14:26
Good Grief Is this CPILS answer to overwieght teachers................abolishing the lunch break:omg:

On the downside now Angie has left she has gained 20kg

Sorry Keith - we still get the lunch break - but 10 mins. between classes.

20kg???????????????????????????????

Pepe n Pilar
Hi Prof Alan, reading your posts brought me to tears.:bigcry: What a great love story. Who knows you can bring Hanna to UK someday. You're decision of going back to UK is very timely with the economic crisis,(you know that) but, as you are a citizen of this country you got benefits from the gov't if you are zero balance unlike if the same happens to a filipino citizen while he/she is in his/her own country. I met a Brit guy introduced to me by a friend and he is out of job but was surprised he can survive. He is staying in a one bedroom flat and has allowance from the govt'. Sometimes he accepts odds jobs from friends.
Send my regards to Hanna.
Best of luck Prof Alan.:)

Alan
Al, I'm sure you have made the right decision, and with your experience you will have no problem getting a teaching job.

when you are settled back here and have a healthy account and home,
apply for Hanners spouse visa.

Jim.

Thanks Jim. I hope you're right!

fhara
20th February 2009, 14:27
BANANA CUE - LOVELY!!!!!!
ohhh i miss banana cue :bigcry:

Alan
20th February 2009, 14:28
he he he nice story and wow wer the same we met on mfb also with my loving bf now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MFB - Good site! Well, it has to be - I met Hanna there!

Alan
20th February 2009, 14:30
Hi Prof Alan, reading your posts brought me to tears.:bigcry: What a great love story. Who knows you can bring Hanna to UK someday. You're decision of going back to UK is very timely with the economic crisis,(you know that) but, as you are a citizen of this country you got benefits from the gov't if you are zero balance unlike if the same happens to a filipino citizen while he/she is in his/her own country. I met a Brit guy introduced to me by a friend and he is out of job but was surprised he can survive. He is staying in a one bedroom flat and has allowance from the govt'. Sometimes he accepts odds jobs from friends.
Send my regards to Hanna.
Best of luck Prof Alan.:)

Thank you Shelly - it is good to hear from you. I shall never forget the day we met in Manila!! It was wonderful to meet you, Grace and Maria!!

Piamed
20th February 2009, 14:31
All the best my friend. A tough but right decision. It will all work ut well in the end.

fhara
20th February 2009, 14:32
MFB - Good site! Well, it has to be - I met Hanna there!

yup its very nice and thats where we met also..Cheers:D

Alan
20th February 2009, 14:32
All the best my friend. A tough but right decision. It will all work ut well in the end.

Thank you Toks - I look forward to meeting you!

Pepe n Pilar
20th February 2009, 14:48
Yes it was in October 10, 2007 (if i remember right). I will never forget that date either, that was when the bombing at Glorietta 2 in Makati happened. While police surrounded the place, we were laughing and enjoying chatting with one another while finding our way thru the guarded line to go to the restaurant. We thought the reason why spotlights and cameramen are all over and newsreporters roamed around the place was because Prof. Alan is in town!

Cheer up Prof. Alan i guess you made the right decision, go back to UK.
Cheers:)

Piamed
20th February 2009, 16:16
Thank you Toks - I look forward to meeting you!

Us too! We tried to call last week but it seems the lines were congested, perhaps due to the rains!

nids123
20th February 2009, 16:34
hi prop what a very love story.

PeterB
20th February 2009, 17:33
There's an american here in Tagum, who has taken an online teaching post for an american college. He expects to be working 15 hours a week and receiving $4,000 a month. That should give him a decent living here in Phils!

I don't suppose you can find anything like that, Al?

Alan
20th February 2009, 20:53
There's an american here in Tagum, who has taken an online teaching post for an american college. He expects to be working 15 hours a week and receiving $4,000 a month. That should give him a decent living here in Phils!

I don't suppose you can find anything like that, Al?

Wow!!! I wish I could Peter!!

keithAngel
21st February 2009, 01:26
Its all possible over here, the problem I have encountered amongst Filipinas is what I call the "employee mentality" hardly anyone has any experience of being their own boss and being responsible for generating their income.

What I can say is that in the 2 months since my partner quit CPILS she has 40 hours equally split home/online English/Cebuano and has quadrupled her earnings.

When I return we will expand again and I as a Native speaker can easily command 3-500 per hour depending on frequency for conversation practice and correcting poor pronunciation

We have students staying in an immersion environment which means our higher rent is now generating higher earning potential

I dont personaly need $4000 a month I reckon if between us we can earn 70,000+ piso thats a very good living over here.

A thought for you Al if Hanna has finished her care giver course the best way to make that pay off here in the Phils is for you to find a foriegner who needs that kind of help on a day basis.

As trust would more easily be established that way for someone who is vulnerable to locals with their own agendas and she would be at a premium therefor salary wise:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
21st February 2009, 12:49
Thank you Shelly - it is good to hear from you. I shall never forget the day we met in Manila!! It was wonderful to meet you, Grace and Maria!!

I'm sorry for not being able to come often on here and didn't know what was going on. But you and Hanna were always in my prayers, I just didn't realise it was that bad Alan, I am truly sad. But I know you are a strong person and I am sure you will come out of this experience triumphant.

If there's anything that I can do to help pls do not hesitate to let me know. Trev might be able to help with legal matters too. God bless always and keep safe!

Alan
21st February 2009, 14:29
I'm sorry for not being able to come often on here and didn't know what was going on. But you and Hanna were always in my prayers, I just didn't realise it was that bad Alan, I am truly sad. But I know you are a strong person and I am sure you will come out of this experience triumphant.

If there's anything that I can do to help pls do not hesitate to let me know. Trev might be able to help with legal matters too. God bless always and keep safe!

Thanks Grace. God bless you!

aromulus
21st February 2009, 14:34
Thanks Grace. God bless you!

Maayong gabii, squire....... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Musta ka.....???:Erm:

David House
23rd February 2009, 14:23
Good luck Al. Knowing you as I do I have not the slightest doubt that you soon find some well paid work back home and hopefully will quickly arrange for Hanna to join you. Life is but a succession of experiences, some good, some bad and we learn from them all. I am sure you will look back in time and laugh about these times. Remember that to appreciate the best you must first taste the worst! You may not be a "spring chicken" but you are in your prime and very able to cope.
Let's try to meet up before we go back in a few weeks time, and again maybe just before you leave, as we will be back here in October.