PDA

View Full Version : Manila - in the top 10 most honest cities in the world

lastlid
14th October 2012, 13:11
"Would you keep a cell phone or a wallet if you happened to find one? Or would you hand it in at the police station? And how about the others? These are the questions the Readers Digest magazine asked. A survey did not seem to be the right way to find out – mostly, people would not admit that they would actually keep the phone anyway. That is why the journalists decided to make an experiment. They chose some of the world’s cities and capitals and “lost” 30 cell phones in each of them. Then they checked the nearest police stations and waited for a call from the finder. According to the number of cell phones they managed to get back in the end, they put together a list world’s top ten honest cities. Tourism-Review.com introduces the winners."

Manila was ranked 5th.

http://www.philembassychina.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=236:top-10-most-honest-cities-in-the-world&catid=137&Itemid=589&lang=en

stevewool
14th October 2012, 16:32
WOW amazing i would never have thought that,

Dedworth
14th October 2012, 16:38
:confused: The Phil Embassy in China must have been short of stuff to put on its website the "survey" is four years old

lastlid
14th October 2012, 16:53
:confused: The Phil Embassy in China must have been short of stuff to put on its website the "survey" is four years old

I imagine a lot has changed since then.

andy222
14th October 2012, 17:00
I should imagine the arab states are the most honest. You get your hands chopped off if your found stealing.:icon_lol:

Dedworth
14th October 2012, 17:17
I should imagine the arab states are the most honest. You get your hands chopped off if your found stealing.:icon_lol:

One of the few aspects of Shariah law I think this country should investigate - although with just a couple of stumps you couldn't refer to the offenders as knuckle draggers

andy222
14th October 2012, 17:31
One of the few aspects of Shariah law I think this country should investigate - although with just a couple of stumps you couldn't refer to the offenders as knuckle draggers
God help you if your not guilty though.:doh

Dedworth
14th October 2012, 19:01
God help you if your not guilty though.:doh

Let's kick it off Andy with muggers filmed on CCTV

fred
15th October 2012, 00:24
I imagine a lot has changed since then.

Yes...A lot has changed since then..
Since then those that steal or "find" a mobile phone have learned to text a number in that phone`s phone book..
They do this to negotiate an appropriate "reward".
Just happened to a mate of mine in Cebu.. He had to meet the good Samaritan in SM and hand over 500.00 PHP to get his phone back..

bigmarco
15th October 2012, 09:44
Having held a Licence in London for over 20 years, I've lost count of the amount of mobile phones I've returned to owners or handed in at Police Stations over the years.
The only time I've ever left something in a Taxi was in Manila last December, when we left my wifes Christmas presents in a Taxi from SM North Edsa. The driver never returned the items but still believing that all Taxi drivers are decent I returned to the lost property/security office at North Edsa the following day. We told them what happened and asked if the Taxi driver had handed in the bags and were greeted with several of the staff in fits of laughter that we would think a Taxi driver would return the items.
Obviously Taxi drivers in Manila are not regarded as honest as the readers digest survey indicates.