PDA

View Full Version : Globe vs Smart

petti
6th August 2007, 16:12
Hi
Im sometimes fusterated (allways) when i try to call her.
She normaly use Globe at her cellphone, and its a pain to get trough there.
She have also a Smart card she use sometimes, and its really nice quality.
She preffer the Globe because it has free txt to other Globe subscribers.

any expert statement on this, or how are yours experience in Cebu.

gracia143
6th August 2007, 16:45
Hi
Im sometimes fusterated (allways) when i try to call her.
She normaly use Globe at her cellphone, and its a pain to get trough there.
She have also a Smart card she use sometimes, and its really nice quality.
She preffer the Globe because it has free txt to other Globe subscribers.

any expert statement on this, or how are yours experience in Cebu.

Globe sucks big time! And so does Smart hehehe...Seriously, both works quite well for me...maybe it's just the area where she lives.

ervenescence
6th August 2007, 18:53
SMART people using GLOBE..:xxgrinning--00xx3: lol.

I think their both good network and maybe its just happened that whenever you call her and you couldn't get through, perhaps some of the place their hasn't got a good signal.

cryingbaby
6th August 2007, 19:03
globe is good network...coz im a globe-subscriber..its proven and tested for 10 years for me..in fact im in globe roaming now and never had aproblem with it..GLOBE works well in the city...more corporate people prefer to use globe..smart is good if youre in provincial areas coz they got alot of cellsites..Anyway, sometimes, its up with the phone she/he using..so many reconditions phone could not acquire a better signal..or let her use the one that works well, as uv said, the smart was good..they got unlimited texting in smart too and cheaper to text other network..or she can have two phones..one for the smart, one for the globe..so youre assured u can always reach her..godbless..

baboyako
6th August 2007, 19:49
:bigcry:my missus has 3 phones - smart, globe and sun cell.

I find the smart to be better quality, but that may be down to the phone rather than the network.. :Erm:

the networks do have different features (free text, passa load etc) but cost the same for sms.

petti
6th August 2007, 19:57
oh ok.... i guess thats for the philippines local calling, hehe.
But i have big problems to call from Norway.... i dunno why.
She claims to use the Globe card, and its almost no chanse in H... for me to
get trough.
oh god... is it normal in there to keep change sim card all the time??

ervenescence
6th August 2007, 20:24
Yeah its really normal in there to change simcard, its like changing knickers all the time..lol
When I was there, I used to have 4 simcards at the same time. For business, friends, family, and monkey business..(hehe kidding)

It's quite annoying really to have 2 or more sim because people you know who wanted to contact you and then they can't get through because you're using different sim and it happens that they ain't got your other numbers or some people got all of your fone numbers but do you really expect them to contact all of those numbers..gosh, craziness :cwm3:

So try to ring first before texting or else you lost your credits.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 20:27
don't talk to me! LoL!

my gal#s in the province and the signal is kak unfortunately rrrgh

petti
6th August 2007, 20:54
OK, that leads to another question.
I have been calling others in the PH lately, and i have no problem to get in contact with them. She claims not to have any more than 2 sim cards.
I usually load her sim card(s), and she have been lazy lately to answer my messages. Looks like she is checking the sim only now and then.

I have said that, she is sending me some strange signals by doing that.
And that she really hurts my feelings if she are not there when i try to call.
AND i bought 2 handset for her, but she said that she dont want to look ritch
by bringing them together always.
Its obviusley so easy to buy a new calling card as it is to buy candy in there,
this is really no good.

Im sitting here sometimes with a bad gut feeling.
Why aint she avaiable to me, after i ask her to be that?
Is she tired of getting messages from me?
Am i not so important..... what am i??
:doh

I think this calls for a serious talk.

ervenescence
6th August 2007, 21:21
petti,
I think you should asked her, of why she can't answer your calls or not replying back. I believe if she hasn't got your text on time because of network problem, I think it will still get there but late. Surely she can text you back just to let you know that how pleased she is and shes thinking of you as well. Make an effort for the relationship to work, thats what we did before even in the middle of the night I still got some few messages from my bf before, my now husband and texted him back that im already in bed and u woke me up, lol..and talk to u later.
We got upset sometimes if we didn't get a reply from each other, and easily utter the word..Ignoring me? hehe silly.
True love will never get tired but appreciate of how much we care. Unless if she got abusive messages or could be theres doubts in this relationship?. Who knows maybe she felt pressure.

Asked her, of whats the real deal. She just can't ignore you and not saying anything else of whats the matter with her recently and that made you curious.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 21:24
OK,

I think this calls for a serious talk.

yes petti

it is sending some bad signals

i think u do need a serious talk with her

petti
6th August 2007, 21:57
Yeah..... (silence)

I have confronted her with this allready, and i thought i made myself clear.
But it seems that she wount listen, and that maybe she doing it just to make her point...even she understand what i said.

Well i will ask her again whats up, and explain once more.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 21:59
Petti, i think u need to face some home truths here, look at yourself in the mirror, examine the actual state of your relationship and evaluate

u can PM me if u want my less "polite" view :D

tom

petti
6th August 2007, 23:15
i think i know whats your thinking.
I will see what happens during this week regarding this.
And have that talk with her next time online.

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 23:18
i think u should
and what you're thinking , im thinking ...
is probably right mate :(
and it's not a nice thought

tom

mach
7th August 2007, 00:41
SMART people using GLOBE..:xxgrinning--00xx3: lol.

absolutely correct :D

bigtombowski
7th August 2007, 01:09
i'll bear it in mind!

u doing good Mach?

mach
7th August 2007, 03:09
hello tom! been good... hope you're doing great :D

Mich
7th August 2007, 03:13
i am a SMART user for more than ten years now. i always like the services. it works better in the provinces than globe.

but i also have a SUN CELL which i use only for IMing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i dont like globe. charges you a lot when youre using the net on your phone. unlike smart, it's only PHP10/30 mins.

petti
7th August 2007, 06:50
i think u should
and what you're thinking , im thinking ...
is probably right mate :(
and it's not a nice thought

tom

I think its ok.... i finally got trough, she have been busy lately also.
Sounds up and running, with a good normal tone in the phone to me.

aromulus
7th August 2007, 07:57
My wife uses Smart, and the only complaint is that every time she "loads", they swallow up the free texts by sending her 3/4 on the trot...:NoNo: and at least 1or 2 every day after...

One of the ridiculous things in the Philippines is that Mobile Service providers do charge for receiving texts...:Erm: as if they didn't make enough money already.:doh

They all do it. No exceptions.

The bad reception can be attributed to a number of factors, most important is on how far the mobile phone masts are from your location.
Nowadays, even the cheapest tri-band hand set can be superb in communication performance.

Regards

Manilana
15th January 2008, 13:20
Im using Smart simcard, I wonder how the filipinas in the UK reload their Smart simcard. Thanks.

walesrob
15th January 2008, 13:27
Im using Smart simcard, I wonder how the filipinas in the UK reload their Smart simcard. Thanks.

By pasaload? I did look online, but Smart have no facility to reload via the internet.

Mrs.JMajor
15th January 2008, 13:43
hi petti,
i wanted to say tell her to use textwise w/c im using now to text my hubby in norfolks,its just 5 peso per text only 100 (card) but then when i read screwled down,(wanted to know if she is your g/f or wife)......well yes petti...lol think about it...for sure your smart enough to know whats going on...dont let spoil everything...as other members said both networks are working good as i had both of that company and its fine...swear even in cebu
:Axe:
think about it 3 times...then u will know whats going on
:xxparty-smiley-004::23_116_6[1]:

Jay&Zobel
15th January 2008, 19:15
I'm a globe user! GLOBE ROCKS!

scotsfiancee
15th January 2008, 19:49
You can get your load here (http://www.pinoyminimall.co.uk/acatalog/Load.html) either your GLOBE,SMART,SUN cellular,PLDT :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am a globe user, but one thing that annoys me is they are only good for 6 months in roaming and u should have a load at least 100 pesos in a day or else it will deactivate.(as what happened to me last month). I load them 200 pesos and its valid for 60days rather than 100 as its only good for 15days.

So i think i will try smart simcard next time, as you only have to activate your roaming once and just top up.

A_flyer
15th January 2008, 22:06
You can find loads on e-Bay also.

chino
16th January 2008, 00:08
Smart user here but every time i go back to my phone my "honey ko" has used passaload :(